..as to holes in the body....

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,100

DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

I am downloading HP

the whole company?   surprise 

No wonder it is taking forever!

(actually I'm probably installing windows on it now.)

• Sfariah D said:

DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

I am downloading HP

the whole company?   surprise 

No wonder it is taking forever!

(actually I'm probably installing windows on it now.)

No wonder HP's electric bill was so high.  No windows.surprise 

This AI or a 3D render?

IMG_3122.jpeg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,866

Sfariah D said:

This AI or a 3D render?

According to the number and look of fingers, probably a render. 

And even if it's AI, it may have been compiled from 3D renders (possibly yours or mine). 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

kyoto kid said:

..as to holes in the body....

Ernie Kovacs, king of the sight gag.  laugh

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited September 10

For the record, the only holes in my body are the ones I was born with. No piercings,  no tattoos.  I know, boring, right?

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited September 10

Sfariah D said:

I am downloading HP

What's next, youtube?  

Post edited by Taoz on

Taoz said:

Sfariah D said:

This AI or a 3D render?

And even if it's AI, it may have been compiled from 3D renders (possibly yours or mine). 

Actually it is a promo for a Genesis 9 character.  I forgot which one. 

• Sfariah D said:

Taoz said:

Sfariah D said:

This AI or a 3D render?

Actually it is a promo for a Genesis 9 character.  I forgot which one. 

Yeah, I recognize fhe swimsuit, though the way it doesn't sit quite tight to the skin had me thinking render as well even before you said it was a promo pic.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited September 11

TJohn said:

For the record, the only holes in my body are the ones I was born with. No piercings,  no tattoos.  I know, boring, right?

Only to unimaginitive people.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited September 11

Watching some Al Yankovic music videos.  They can get so funny.

Stop fowarding that CRAP to me

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • Can't stop. Haven't started.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

Can't stop. Haven't started.

Regards,

Richard

I can't stop smoking, as I have never started!

edited September 12

Complaint:  About what is accepted as art these days:  Apologies to any I might offend.  I criticize the art, not the subjects of it.  Now, that being said...

Lack of talent does not improve by imortalizing it in bronze.indecision

First it was the Scary Lucille Ball statue erected in her hometown(#1).  And now an androgynous, unrecognizable Queen Elizabeth II, standing next to some equally unrecognizable person.(#3).  The Lucy statue was eventually replaced with a sane version(#2).  How long before The Queen and that guy get replaced?  Perhaps they should get the same artist who made the replacement Lucy.enlightened

the-ugly-lucy-statue.jpg
    550 x 413 - 52K
    160806204109-04-lucille-balle-statue-split.png
    1110 x 624 - 812K
    MrsDoubtfire_240912-queen-statue-belfast-mb-1048-84e636.png
    762 x 508 - 687K

I think Michelangelo's David has well sculpted abs!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

LeatherGryphon said: 

How long before The Queen and that guy get replaced?  Perhaps they should get the same artist who made the replacement Lucy.enlightened

No, they should hire the woman that restored "Ecce Homo" to fix the statue laugh

I'm in a movie theater.  I think the movie will start soon.  Probably need to put my phone up?

• LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  About what is accepted as art these days:  Apologies to any I might offend.  I criticize the art, not the subjects of it.  Now, that being said...

Lack of talent does not improve by imortalizing it in bronze.indecision

First it was the Scary Lucille Ball statue erected in her hometown(#1).  And now an androgynous, unrecognizable Queen Elizabeth II, standing next to some equally unrecognizable person.(#3).  The Lucy statue was eventually replaced with a sane version(#2).  How long before The Queen and that guy get replaced?  Perhaps they should get the same artist who made the replacement Lucy.enlightened

I do rather feel it's down to the competence of

1. The sculptor
    2. The acceptance comittee

When neither has any, you get the results seen. It seems a real problem at the moment, possibly because most of the competent sculptors have moved to 3d modelling and for some reason the concept of 3D printing the model hasn't yet got into mainstream sculpture casting. Patterns for industrial casting are almost all 3d printed so long as they're small enough.

Regards,

Richard

• PerttiA said:

LeatherGryphon said: 

How long before The Queen and that guy get replaced?  Perhaps they should get the same artist who made the replacement Lucy.enlightened

No, they should hire the woman that restored "Ecce Homo" to fix the statue laugh

This one, I assume.  Before and After.  It's almost as if Mr. Bean was involved.frown

Ecce-Homo-256x256.png
    256 x 256 - 97K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,867

richardandtracy said:

1. The sculptor

There's also budget to consider. The sculptor has to be paid for their work, no matter how badly they beefed it, which may not leave any money for a substitute, and this is even worse if there's any sort of timeline.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited September 13

...well summer here suddenly ended with much cooler temperatures more appropriate for late September. 

Oh, and rain, lots of it.  Not the usual drizzly kind we get, but a downpour on Wednesday evening of midwest proportions that I got caught in. The good part it should help the fire crews contain the blases in the central and eastern part of the state. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Something unusual gioing on... The temperatures have been between 10-20C (50-70F), but mice have already started moving in.
    Usually that doesn't happen before the temperatures start going below freezing at night.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...happy Friday the 13th.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,487
    edited September 13

Gordig said:

richardandtracy said:

1. The sculptor

There's also budget to consider. The sculptor has to be paid for their work, no matter how badly they beefed it, which may not leave any money for a substitute, and this is even worse if there's any sort of timeline.

If the awful sculpt is caught at the acceptance before casting point, it's relatively cheap to change. It's only after casting that it becomes ferociously costly. And there should be a milestone payment at the acceptance before casting point where the sculptor receives nothing until the comittee is satisfied. It's normal business practice to make a stage payment only after the design has been approved for manufacture - it ensures that the designer gives the customer something that's acceptable.

Regards,

Richard 

Edited for tripe writing error.

Post edited by richardandtracy on

kyoto kid said:

It is a good day for me!  I get paid and also my EBT card gets refilled.  I also find 13 one of my lucky numbers.  A baker's dozen of donuts is 13.  Well that could be unlucky but just as unlucky as 12.  That is if one is trying to stay away from carbs to loose weight. 

kyoto kid said:

Actually it's Friday the 22970th (or something like that) since the Gregorian calender was introduced. 

edited September 13

Sfariah D said:

I think Michelangelo's David has well sculpted abs!

As hard as marble. smiley

I haven't seen the original, but I have seen one of the full size bronze copies.  The one at the Ringling Museum in Sarasota, Florida(below).  And searching Wikipedia, I discovered that there are several in the USA.  And even one just 60-70 miles away, in Buffalo.  Who knew?surprise 

usa-florida-sarasota-john-mable-ringling-art-19468173.jpg.png
    600 x 390 - 418K