There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 229

I think I'm going to wring out as much as I can even up to the last of this sale...

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,253

Cybersox said:

Yay!  Sale extended with no new items or discounts, so I don't even need to look at the store or think about buying something from DAZ today!  Wheeee!  

Pretty sure you own almost the whole store, though...

AsuCafe said:

Lightning-deals still has good deals during these three days, just need some luck

Been waiting for something to pop for a while now... So far, nothing great. Have had great offers earlier in the year, though. 

• daveso said:

i thought the sale would be extended but really didn't want it to be, especially when nothing new is offered. A good thing for my wallet though. Hopefully this is it, end of the month. 

Yeah, I kind of figured it would be, too, especially since the 1st is tomorrow. Have to admit that the repeated use of "last 24 hours!!" on Sunday and then Monday being "No really! THIS is the last 24 horus!" has kind of blown any credibility the marketing team is trying to have with their urgent proclamations. I roll my eyes and think "yeah, yeah, so you say" whenever I see it now.

Of course, by the time it gets to the first "last 24 hours" I've usually finished all the shopping I want to do for that one, so that probably plays into it.

• I bought gift cards way back at the beginning of the sale and have just a smidge left. There were lots of really great deals to be had, and I splurged. All in all, a good sale.

• It was a good sale. Picked apart my wish list quite a bit.

I'd buy more today but I've already hit my limit for the month.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 100

AsuCafe said:

Lightning-deals still has good deals during these three days, just need some luck

Yeah. I've bought many items from the lightning deals these last few days. I probably did not need either of those, but I still have much store credit left, and the steep discounts usually push me to buy. As for this sale as a whole, this has been my first PA sale since I became a regular customer here and all I can say is that since the beginning of the event I've spent a lot.

• butterflyfish said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

buying/owning a "Headliner Deal" doesn't get you the additional 30% off.

It says it does on the sale page. Is it not discounting?

Ah, I missed that. Thanks. 

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 135

Cybersox said:

rokkr said:

Torquinox said:

@rokkr If we all agree on which sale to buy from, Daz would only need one sale. devil

Dude... It's numbers... Mathematics... Unless you like to pay more, this is the best sale. Period. Of course, there may be a random sale during the year wherein you find a specific item you want to buy for less than it's being sold today (even during this sale there could be days you could buy all or some particular items than on normal days), but, statistically, on average, this is the sale where you can buy almost all items cheaper (i.e., the more items you put in your cart, more likely you'll pay less than any other period of the year) -- and, when that's what's the concern, it means it's the best. Since today is the last day (though, I bet there'll be an extension tomorrow), I'm browsing my entire wishlist right now. Items not part of this sale are the minimal exception: Daz+ items (I don't know if they're entirely out of the sale, but, since Golden Tickets doesn't apply to them, I ignore them now), Some Daz Core figures, a few random Daz Original products, items that aren't so new to be "still new items" but not so old to fall in the 55% range, and, besides that, even fewer items. My wishlist has 136 pages, 15 of which are Daz+ items, so it's 11% of it; I dare to say items not on sale are at most 5% of what's left of my wishlist minus Daz+ items. So, if saving money is your objective, this is the best sale.

I'd agree that it's been been the best this year so far... but the problem is that DAZ likes to change up how the sales work every year, so there's no ironclad guarantee that next year's PA sale will work in the same way or be anywhere near as good as this one.  There was a time when March Madness and the PC+ sale were consistantly totally amazing, but as of late there have been years when they weren't so hot because of some new gimmick that DAZ came up with that didn't go over with the customers, and all of the sales have been heavily impacted over the last few years by changes that DAZ has made to affect how much of a vendor's store can be on sale at once and the way that multiple sales discounts can be stacked.    

Last year's PA sale was better. Ttokens were 5% each for both DO and non-DO, so you had a 40% discount with 8 tokens, and -- someone correct me if I'm wrong -- I think the tiers were 60%, 70%, and 80% instead of 55%, 65%, and 80%. Besides that, I think there were more wishlist discounts or something else because I remember buying loads of legacy products for ridiculous prices, like, ~20 cents. I remember adding so much to my cart that I had to take out products from it, but it was a nightmare because everything was so cheap it was tough to decide which ones. After that, I don't remember 2022 and 2021 being that good and I wasn't around before. I remember the 2022 Christmas sale being great but I was less picky regarding discounts back then. My library was still in the beginning so there were more items I was dying for... I also remember some good summer sales, but the same reason applies -- I don't know if I just thought it was that good and I would still think so today or if it was me who was just a newbie and didn't know better. There were also more flash sales during the week with good prices and, in the beginning, that's how I built most of my library.

But my main point is the PA sale, when it comes to a generalized sale, it's the best right now. Of course, picking a random item, it may have been offered for a better price over the year (probably, most of the items offered here have been at some moment). But, being a generalized sale, the PA sale sets my price for the year to come. I'll take note of the discounts and, except for a few exceptions -- if I really need an item at that moment --, I won't buy anything for more than it was offered during the PA sale. If a better sale comes that's as general as the PA sale and with better prices, I'll change my standards, but if it is like it was this year that no general better sale happened, I'll only change my buying prices after next year's PA sale.

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 135
    edited October 1

SilverGirl said:

daveso said:

i thought the sale would be extended but really didn't want it to be, especially when nothing new is offered. A good thing for my wallet though. Hopefully this is it, end of the month. 

Yeah, I kind of figured it would be, too, especially since the 1st is tomorrow. Have to admit that the repeated use of "last 24 hours!!" on Sunday and then Monday being "No really! THIS is the last 24 horus!" has kind of blown any credibility the marketing team is trying to have with their urgent proclamations. I roll my eyes and think "yeah, yeah, so you say" whenever I see it now.

Of course, by the time it gets to the first "last 24 hours" I've usually finished all the shopping I want to do for that one, so that probably plays into it.

I saw this happen so many times, it doesn't surprise me anymore. I wish those betting sites had something like "Will Daz extend its PA sale?" I would have bet and recovered some of the money I spent here this month (but I bet the odds would be really low since it was more than expected it would happen).

It's like those catch-up weekends that are obviously to happen in any month-long sale. If weren't for tokens and those special moments when more discounts are offered ("wishlist bonus," "buy an item from vendor A and get X% off," "fantasy items special sale," and so on)  I'd probably buy only in the final weekend. I wish the longevity of tokens were proportional to how much you buy. I think, in the end, Daz loses money, because I try to limit my purchases to the value of 8 tokens ($80 or $40 depending on the day) so I keep rolling tokens, and I bet other people do so (of course, I'm not that catholic, and, sometimes, I open exceptions; now I have 18 tokens to use a little money to spare... I hope I won't have to burn 'em...).

EDIT:

SilverGirl said:

Narrative voiceover: Those were not, in fact, the final 24 hours, either.

Hahahahahaha! This one, even I wasn't expecting. Well... I won't comply if we have a whole year PA sale. Bring it on!

Post edited by rokkr on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

Narrative voiceover: Those were not, in fact, the final 24 hours, either.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on YOU.
  • MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 280

I'm perfectly happy with a further extended sale as it moves me into a new pay month. Mind you, I've already made a serious dent in my Wishlist, so I don't know how much I'll be tempted.

On the another hand, there's a new Bio Squad figure from JoLab.....

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

barbult said:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on YOU.

Yeah, that little stunt has completely killed any interest I have in buying anything, even with the new coupons available. I wouldn't have minded the extra week into October if they'd just been honest about it.

But last week was "final week!!"

And then "Final 48 hours!"

And then "Final 24 hours!"

And then "Final 24 hours -- no, really!"

I have very strong feelings about being lied to, and they do not involve gratitude and enthusiasm to part with money.

@SilverGirl I agree, but I'm not punishing JoLab for the store's folly. I like their work and the prices are right.

• AsuCafeAsuCafe Posts: 50
    edited October 1

God I'm really hesitant...medieval, sci-fi, and G9 are not what I mainly use at the moment.

00000ghjgj.JPG
    223 x 413 - 24K
    Post edited by AsuCafe on
  • I am SO not into another week of the PA sale. It's still mostly the same things in the latest/recent/legacy selections (which is the only part I've bought from), with most of the additions being tutorials.

I think it was extended because Daz couldn't decide on key details of the next sale, like how much D+FAD should cost. / sarcasm

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

OH NO - another WEEK? And then its the weekend so wil it get extended again? I'm really over this one already too. There's always another sale. Bring it on. At least there's new stuff today, but I'm a pass on all of it, including the GT. 

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 907

Wow, I was definitely not expecting a whole extra week! I spent all my store credit thinking the weekend was it. I'll just have to twiddle my thumbs until the next really really good gift card sale. In any case, I already spent way too much in the PA sale...

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 229

I'm not going to complain about another week of really good savings. I'll probably clear out the remaining items on my WL. A new week and a new month; I don't really care what they want to call the sale.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 144

Unless i'm missing something it's been extended, but judging from adding stuff to my cart from wishlist quickly, it seems it's all just a little bit more expensive than the other day.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,106

theflarf said:

Unless i'm missing something it's been extended, but judging from adding stuff to my cart from wishlist quickly, it seems it's all just a little bit more expensive than the other day.

Do you currently have a qualifying Golden Ticket item?

just noticed just about everything that was at 65% off in my WL is no longer on sale, so that pretty much ends it. 

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 154

Older Bio Squad products don't have the Interactive License option unfortunately. Only the new one for Genesis 9 does.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

As long as golden ticket items are nice, I have absolutely no problem with this sale going permanent cheeky

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 144

Richard Haseltine said:

theflarf said:

To test I put the latest one in my basket, but it doesn't seem to change the price 

daveso said:

just noticed just about everything that was at 65% off in my WL is no longer on sale, so that pretty much ends it. 

Well, yesterday was a catch-up, all-in day and today is a standard day so it is to be expected that a lot of items that were included yesterday are not today.

theflarf said:

Richard Haseltine said:

theflarf said:

To test I put the latest one in my basket, but it doesn't seem to change the price 

and these are items thata re included in today's categories?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121

I think we would have much been more receptive to another week of PA sale if Daz hadn't pulled the Final/Extended trick on us again, and twice this time. It is just disrespectful. I don't like being treated that way. It sours me on Daz as a company.

Richard Haseltine said:

daveso said:

Well, yesterday was a catch-up, all-in day and today is a standard day so it is to be expected that a lot of items that were included yesterday are not today.

but its an extension of the PA sale, so the same? It has a new GT..the 30% banner still there, and the overall format the same as before. Obviouly the vendors changed though.