There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 135

Updated my account to Premiere but the benefits don't seem to be working (the Bundle coupon doesn't work; only 20% showing on Gift Card purchases... Probably other things I didn't have time to test yet...) Is this also happening to anyone here?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,562

rokkr said:

Updated my account to Premiere but the benefits don't seem to be working (the Bundle coupon doesn't work; only 20% showing on Gift Card purchases... Probably other things I didn't have time to test yet...) Is this also happening to anyone here?

Prices seem to be wonky right now so I would wait a bit.

• I had a cart with $56 in it last night. It was $450+ after a nap. I guess I won't buy any of those assets now. I overslept by two hours to finish that sale.

But, as the thread title says, There will be another sale. Back into the wishlist they go.

C'est la vie.

• I didn't pick up much other than D+ & biweekly freebies during the last week of the PA sale. I did buy 1 WL DO with the 20% coupon and, oddly for me, 1 LD that was under $1. But I was able to buy a bit more during the sale than I expected, so I am happy. Well, except for Daz changing everything around.

Now we know the reason they extended the PA sale: to put off the misery of fixing the inevitable glitches while fielding (mostly justified) forum explosions.

• AsuCafeAsuCafe Posts: 50

Maybe DAZ wanted PA to get more money and then we spent so much that we didn't want to upgrade

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

And a new day dawns in Daz-Land... These people certainly know how to over-complicate shopping! No idea what to do or say. indecision

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,680
    edited October 7

Torquinox said:

And a new day dawns in Daz-Land... These people certainly know how to over-complicate shopping! No idea what to do or say. indecision

It seems to be how they celebrate their anniversary. Some people go out to dinner, buy a new outfit, and others get a new makeover . . . like a website makeover.

Edit: Just thought of something . . . will edit this in a minute rather than post twice  If one reads between the lines, it seems Starter Essentials (only G10?) will be part of the subscription plan that leads me to believe DAZ 5 is ready, subscription only and G10 is about to debut along with DAZ 5.  Every major DAZ Studio PRO version debuts a new character. 4.15 gave us 8.1. while 4.21 gave us G9 and although 4.22 gave us volumetrics it was not a major release. More like a test release, like they did for 8.1 prior to G9. But, 4.22 gave us Omni hair, and recently Omni nails too. Will G10 be an Omni10? Omni means of all things. Is DAZ going Omniverse?  Do base members not get access to new content? Does anyone else wonder how this affect  the Christmas PA giveaways. Last year the majority of PA Christmas content was targeted toward G9. Currently we can modify things in DAZ,we can  create shapes from older models for G9. This reminds me of when Victoria 9 and the DAZ horse 3 were prematurely offered and we all know how that went.  So I think I am going to lurk around some forums, stalk the DAZ release announcements, and click nothing to ensure my membership stays as is and I don't accidently mess it up. I have also backed up all plugins etc.

New Plan Option 2024-10-7 8.45am.JPG
    1777 x 564 - 77K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 356
    edited October 7

Already feeling bad for the forum team... dealing with three tiers of pricing queries in every sale...

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 340
    edited October 7
    Tomhip said:

Already feeling bad for the forum team... dealing with three tiers of pricing queries in every sale...

I upgraded, but it looks like quarterly and annual is no longer a thing. I like tokens being earned with $5 spend and lasting for 2 weeks, so we will see how this turns out. I was waiting for the next big discount on annual membership, but I guess that is not necessary now. Might turn into a subscribe for a month when planning to do a bunch, and unsubscribe when going to be busy on other stuff.
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

XiousDs said:

Tomhip said:

I upgraded, but it looks like quarterly and annual is no longer a thing. I like tokens being earned with $5 spend and lasting for 2 weeks, so we will see how this turns out. I was waiting for the next big discount on annual membership, but I guess that is not necessary now. Might turn into a subscribe for a month when planning to do a bunch, and unsubscribe when going to be busy on other stuff.

It looks interesting but will wait and see. Last year they removed tokens for xmas so I guess they are now officially permanent.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,680
    edited October 7

Tomhip said:

XiousDs said:

Tomhip said:

It looks interesting but will wait and see. Last year they removed tokens for xmas so I guess they are now officially permanent.

Tokens may very well be permanent but I doubt they will be 100% consistently activated for every sale. DAZ can, and rightfully so, put an exclusion on any product promo or sale. I will be in shock if the tokens stay in place as a permanent carte blanche for every sale. Each month is a new subscription. Each month conditions can change.

Edit. For me DAZ Studio has 4 active tiers. DAZ BASE, DAZ PLUS monthly subscription, DAZ Premier monthly subscription, and grandfathered DAZ Annual Memberships.

Post edited by ArtAngel on

XiousDs said:

Tomhip said:

Is it working for you? My coupons aren't working and prices are still the same Daz+ for me... The only different thing is some Daz Studio Premier add-ons showed up on my product library (didn't test them yet, though, because I didn't update my Daz Studio to the newest version -- I guess it's necessary).

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

Aren't the coupon codes on the wrong descriptions? I was pretty sure the Save 6 used to go to the $18 cart one...

SilverGirl said:

Aren't the coupon codes on the wrong descriptions? I was pretty sure the Save 6 used to go to the $18 cart one...

Yes, the coupon codes are reversed.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252
    edited October 7

ArtAngel said:

It seems to be how they celebrate their anniversary. Some people go out to dinner, buy a new outfit, and others get a new makeover . . . like a website makeover.

Edit: Just thought of something . . . will edit this in a minute rather than post twice  If one reads between the lines, it seems Starter Essentials (only G10?) will be part of the subscription plan that leads me to believe DAZ 5 is ready, subscription only and G10 is about to debut along with DAZ 5.  Every major DAZ Studio PRO version debuts a new character. 4.15 gave us 8.1. while 4.21 gave us G9 and although 4.22 gave us volumetrics it was not a major release. More like a test release, like they did for 8.1 prior to G9. But, 4.22 gave us Omni hair, and recently Omni nails too. Will G10 be an Omni10? Omni means of all things. Is DAZ going Omniverse?  Do base members not get access to new content? Does anyone else wonder how this affect  the Christmas PA giveaways. Last year the majority of PA Christmas content was targeted toward G9. Currently we can modify things in DAZ,we can  create shapes from older models for G9. This reminds me of when Victoria 9 and the DAZ horse 3 were prematurely offered and we all know how that went.  So I think I am going to lurk around some forums, stalk the DAZ release announcements, and click nothing to ensure my membership stays as is and I don't accidently mess it up. I have also backed up all plugins etc.

Yes, this is an odd way to celebrate. re: edit: That's food for thought. I suppose we'll have to wait to see. 

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 229

I miss the PA sale already; wish they continued to extend it. I doubt anything will come close to it for a long time. Ah well...

• If one reads between the lines, it seems Starter Essentials (only G10?) will be part of the subscription plan that leads me to believe DAZ 5 is ready, subscription only and G10 is about to debut along with DAZ 5.

Joyous news, indeed. Long have I awaited the day that I, too, get to play at Genesis generation curmudgeon.

Nothing will beat G9. Never ever.

The bends on G10 are awful! Worked on day 1 for G9 out of the box. G8 had to wait nineteen years for proper bending and now I think G10 will too.

The two gender thing is a total throwback. What is this? The 1830's?

128k resolution textures? Don't they know that the planet is burning!

Pah, G10. Don't want it, don't need it, won't b--

Oh, that's a handsome character.

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 398
    edited October 7

I'm loving G10.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on
  • ArtAngel said:

Torquinox said:

It seems to be how they celebrate their anniversary. Some people go out to dinner, buy a new outfit, and others get a new makeover . . . like a website makeover...

This reminds me of when Victoria 9 and the DAZ horse 3 were prematurely offered and we all know how that went.  So I think I am going to lurk around some forums, stalk the DAZ release announcements, and click nothing to ensure my membership stays as is and I don't accidently mess it up. I have also backed up all plugins etc.

Now I am longing for the good ol' days when Daz broke -- I mean Celebrated!! -- the Sale Formerly Known As Anniversary by replacing the store software.

Whine....

• ElorElor Posts: 1,345

ArtAngel said:

If one reads between the lines, it seems Starter Essentials (only G10?) will be part of the subscription plan that leads me to believe DAZ 5 is ready, subscription only and G10 is about to debut along with DAZ 5.

It's included in every plan, including the free one though.

Things seem to be working for Premiere members now.

B.T.W., "door buster" is just a fancy name for an item with a special rebate, isn't it? It doesn't give you any special rebates like the golden tickets, right?

rokkr said:

B.T.W., "door buster" is just a fancy name for an item with a special rebate, isn't it? It doesn't give you any special rebates like the golden tickets, right?

Indeed, it doesn't seem to give you extra discount on anything else.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,122

gfdamron1 said:

I miss the PA sale already; wish they continued to extend it. I doubt anything will come close to it for a long time. Ah well...

me too crying

I spent quite a lot these past weeks, at least my bargains should tide me over the famine now, I actually budgeted for a discounted DAZ+ offer too but now that will no longer happen with monthly subscriptions 

I was absolutely gobsmacked people were complaining about that sale being extended and dared say so to much blowback

now I am betting a few are reminiscing about those prices and deals, I sure am, I couldn't afford every sweet offer sadly 

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 144

WendyLuvsCatz said:

gfdamron1 said:

me too crying

I spent quite a lot these past weeks, at least my bargains should tide me over the famine now, I actually budgeted for a discounted DAZ+ offer too but now that will no longer happen with monthly subscriptions 

I was absolutely gobsmacked people were complaining about that sale being extended and dared say so to much blowback

now I am betting a few are reminiscing about those prices and deals, I sure am, I couldn't afford every sweet offer sadly 

Yeah, it was a good sale for me in the end, (not my wallet) spend a huge amount, but picked up some real awesome bargins and a massive amount of wishlisted items.

Averaging under $1 for a lot too.

Hard to justify anything now, the prices are nowhere near as cheap as last week, and I've got a ton of stuff to play with. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121

WendyLuvsCatz said:

gfdamron1 said:

me too crying

My view: People were upset about being misled by inaccurate ads that claimed that the PA sale was ending. It caused people to accelerate buying, when that was not necessary and maybe not in their financial best interest. And Daz did that TWICE! Nobody like being jerked around like that. Many people had already picked up what they wanted from the PA offers, that got quite repetitive. People were excited for the real Daz+ sale to start with its anticipated new discounts, bundles, BYOBs, etc. that have historically been part of that. Instead we got the giant distraction of the Premier level of Daz+ and its inevitable flawed roll out. Is there a Daz+ sale going on today. I was so distracted by Premier, I didn't even notice?

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 340

gfdamron1 said:

me too crying

Well, I would still save for when some big sales are going to be present and sign up for a single month when you see a great sale. For $19 you will get a coupon for $10, a coupon for $10 off a $25 or more purchase, free legacy stuff, 4 weeks of free weekly stuff, the free monthly thing, a free gen 9 character basic bundle, 10% extra off daz+ items, 35% off DO items, and earn tokens at $5 that you can save for 2 weeks. Spending $19 once in a while could still be very worth while ever so often for someone that does not keep it up all the time.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121

XiousDs said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

gfdamron1 said:

me too crying

Well, I would still save for when some big sales are going to be present and sign up for a single month when you see a great sale. For $19 you will get a coupon for $10, a coupon for $10 off a $25 or more purchase, free legacy stuff, 4 weeks of free weekly stuff, the free monthly thing, a free gen 9 character basic bundle, 10% extra off daz+ items, 35% off DO items, and earn tokens at $5 that you can save for 2 weeks. Spending $19 once in a while could still be very worth while ever so often for someone that does not keep it up all the time.

That might be a good plan for people who don't already have an existing Daz+ membership. If I did that, I'd lose the 2 full years left on my Daz+ subscription.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 229

XiousDs said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

gfdamron1 said:

me too crying

I agree, this new arrangement could work out to be pretty good, depending on how one usees it as you point out. There will always be another big sale even if it's not exactly like this past one. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,122

yes, a month of DAZ+ is not out of the question if the sale picks up and there is something I want, $9 to grab the coupons alone over the cusp of a month worth it

I won't touch Premier with my setup where PostGreSQL won't run and Smart Content doesn't exist though, as I doubt those plugins will work eithout it

• DAZ_SteveDAZ_Steve Posts: 42

XiousDs said:

Tomhip said:

Also, I'd suggest sitting on that free Character Bundle coupon until later this week.  Rumor has it that there will be a new bundle with functionality you've never seen before, and it might be worth using on it.  But of course... that's just rumor ;)