There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 434

kyoto kid said:

...would be nice if there is a final ketchup sale.this weekend and all the PA stores are back on sale (as well as the 30 for 20 banner hangs around)..

I am betting on a weekend of ketchup. I will put money on it.

Maybe not much money.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252
    edited October 4

I'm  sure the sale is great. I've simply accumulated so many of the things I really wanted and at such amazing prices that I'm rendered nearly impossible to impress... I need to go render now.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,342
    edited October 4

columbine said:

kyoto kid said:

...would be nice if there is a final ketchup sale.this weekend and all the PA stores are back on sale (as well as the 30 for 20 banner hangs around)..

I am betting on a weekend of ketchup. I will put money on it.

Maybe not much money.

I am betting that you are right. My quandary is, the bulk of my tokens expire tonight at Daz-midnight. Do I stock up in anticipation? Or...

"I'm  sure the sale is great. I've simply accumulated so many of the things I really wanted and at such amazing prices that I'm rendered nearly impossible to impress... I need to go render now."

I am exactly there, almost starting to feel "eh" instead of that old sense of "woohoo!" at the thought of a buying a bunch of stuff.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,345

kyoto kid said:

Seriously bummed..frown

You're (potentially if you still have the funds for it) lucky, the goo lady is back on the discount menu.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121

Oh, look, it is the final weekend (again).

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

barbult said:

<Thor> Is it though. </Thor> 

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,197

Damn. So I was playing with the cart on Friday. In the end I decided to only get the last Golden Ticket item and wait for the final weekend catch-up to do a bigger purchase since my tokens would have been valid until Sunday morning.

Sure thing I forgot to remove the 8 tokens from the cart and did the checkout of a $2,99 golden ticket item with 8 tokens applied giving me an additional discount of 0$. Great! Filed a ticket but rather doubt that the guys in customer service are working on Saturdays. So I guess I've successfully ejected myself from this sale and the token game for a while.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

I sure would love that 20% off Daz Originals yesterday when I had 8 tokens..... does it ever feel like DAZ is carefully preparing all those deals as tokens run out :P

• AsuCafeAsuCafe Posts: 50

Tokens are like gambling, get double tokens at the beginning of the week and then pray for the best extra discounts in a few days.

I accidentally used the 20% DO discount on gold tickets, but I didn't have any tokens to maximize the discount anyway.

So...just wait another sale.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,368

SilverGirl said:

barbult said:

<Thor> Is it though. </Thor> 

Yeah... Remember that one March Madness (last year, I think?) that kept returning way into May? 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,345

AsuCafe said:

Tokens are like gambling, get double tokens at the beginning of the week and then pray for the best extra discounts in a few days.

During last month, it was less a gamble than usual: you could count on the double 30% discount and while you could not be sure every item you wanted would be eligible the last day of validity of your tokens, it was still fairly probable you would find something interesting to buy.

But yes, outside of this kind of circumstance, it's a gamble except for people who have the budget to have 8 rolling tokens. I don't so I rarely try to get 8 tokens, especially with the new rules making getting more than 4 not that interesting outside of buying DO.

I accidentally used the 20% DO discount on gold tickets, but I didn't have any tokens to maximize the discount anyway.

So it can only be used once ? There is an * in the Orange banner but no additional terms visible.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,100

Elor said:

AsuCafe said:

During last month, it was less a gamble than usual: you could count on the double 30% discount and while you could not be sure every item you wanted would be eligible the last day of validity of your tokens, it was still fairly probable you would find something interesting to buy.

But yes, outside of this kind of circumstance, it's a gamble except for people who have the budget to have 8 rolling tokens. I don't so I rarely try to get 8 tokens, especially with the new rules making getting more than 4 not that interesting outside of buying DO.

So it can only be used once ? There is an * in the Orange banner but no additional terms visible.

We will ask.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Elor said:

AsuCafe said:

We will ask.

Also is the coupon only good today or can we use it tomorrow? 

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 100

Elor said:

Only once, according to the fineprint in the DIM banner.

captainalvord said:

Also is the coupon only good today or can we use it tomorrow? 

I'd also love to know the answer to this question, since my current tokens are still valid tomorrow and, therefore, I'd gladly wait until tomorrow to spend them.

Untitled.jpg
    1115 x 1019 - 255K

Richard Haseltine said:

Elor said:

AsuCafe said:

We will ask.

exclusions have now been added.

Ironically, I seem to only want PA items while waiting for the Daz+ sale. At least one of the leftover GT appeals enough for me to buy it, so maybe one last small cart with items I can actually use... >_>

• Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Elor said:

AsuCafe said:

We will ask.

Richard, you didn't happen to ask when the 20% coupon expired, or if it was good Sunday as well? 

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Elor said:

AsuCafe said:

We will ask.

Richard, you didn't happen to ask when the 20% coupon expired, or if it was good Sunday as well? 

Sorry, no I didn't. But if this is like other catch-ups there won't be any new items tomorrow anyway.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

...yep, all the artists are back so I reloaded the cart all the items I originally had in it on Friday, used my DAZ+ PA coupon, an extra token I had, and and clicked purchase., Very pleased that they kept the 30 for 30 banner active as well.   Thank you.

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 135

No more money, no more credits, only two tokens left. It was good while it lasted, but now it's over. Already waiting for next year.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

rokkr said:

No more money, no more credits, only two tokens left. It was good while it lasted, but now it's over. Already waiting for next year.

Oh but there are a couple more sales that are usually really good coming up this year: The DAZ+ Anniversary sale in October and the Holiday sale in December 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

I'm definitely curious about the Daz+ Anniversary sale. It'll be interesting to see if I wind up spending much or not. I admit that one day I had 8 tokens, the 30-for-30, and a GT kind of spoiled me. I knocked off so much of the priority items on my wishlist that at this point I'm perfectly fine just letting the sales slide by unless it's super impressive.... and most of the DO's on my list at this point are there mostly for fodder for the daily holiday freebie thing if they do that again, with the hope that I'll get offered fewer random skimpwear armor outfits and textures for things I'll never own. They're things I might  at least use at some point, but I don't have a burning need for them.

edited October 6

I did fill one last cart. I used my PA coupon and have a couple tokens to start the week. I also have some decadent treasure laugh I don't feel bad about it. I got some tutorials, some utility scripts,and some stuff that called to me. Cheers to the PAs!

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,122

I just got Lahr pro bundle in LD for $12

considering I am not a DAZ+ member, that is a bloody awesome price

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 229

Nice score on that Pro bundle! Some of the Pro bundles in LD are amazing.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

Any bets on whether or not the PA sale will be extended tomorrow? I'd say the chances are about fifty fifty; but I'm not gpoing to risk it and am making my last PA sale purchases today.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I just got Lahr pro bundle in LD for $12

considering I am not a DAZ+ member, that is a bloody awesome price

Very nice! :) 

Charlie Judge said:

Any bets on whether or not the PA sale will be extended tomorrow? I'd say the chances are about fifty fifty; but I'm not gpoing to risk it and am making my last PA sale purchases today.

I'm with you.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

...OK just go t the entire Presidential Bundle (sans the two characters that were not part of it) for 13.30$ (using the orange banner ORIGINAL20 code and a single token I had left over) for everything in the bundle but the "Oval Office" set. which I then purchased using my Daz+ DO coupon as a separate order.  As the coupon value was worth just slightly more I paid nothign extra for it.

Saved myself nearly 40$ off the discounted bundle price of 52.49$ (full "non Daz+" price is 74.99$)   Sometimes it takes a little work to get the best discount.

Now that's closing a sale..

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 135

Charlie Judge said:

rokkr said:

Oh but there are a couple more sales that are usually really good coming up this year: The DAZ+ Anniversary sale in October and the Holiday sale in December 

Explain this to my wallet! cheekylaughwink