TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited March 2017
    Diomede said:

A great addition to my collection of sets.  Looking forward to it.

100 virtual points if you can identify the movie.

"From now on, the national language of San Marcos will be Swedish."  

I am not sure I have the exact quote, so I will raise the amount to 125 virtual points.

Apropos of nothing (including an apparent requirement to wear underpants on the outside and change them every 30 minutes), I find myself humming a nice little tune . . .

(was actually not a fan of Woody Allen films until quite recently)

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited March 2017

Looking good... I did my Brit Cit swearing in in a place like that, and we have a family wedding coming up at the registrar's in July. We can stage manage the whole thing in miniature! Just need to change the flag.

Post edited by SileneUK on

yes

Registrar of B D & M is up on 5. But . . . the lifts are out of order, so you'll have to take the stairs. And it's been said that one or two after regretting their decision, took the quick way down! Allegedly. surprise

edited March 2017

yes

Registrar of B D & M is up on 5. But . . . the lifts are out of order, so you'll have to take the stairs. And it's been said that one or two after regretting their decision, took the quick way down! Allegedly. surprise

Funny you say that, I DID have to go upstairs LOL.  Here I am with Lord Mayor, etc.

Brit-Cit.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 536K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

is this what happens before you get sent to that penal colony? wink

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Amazing, between Phil and Silene, it seems like the Carrara forum as met every music or political celebrity in Birtain!  Great photo, Silene,  heart

TangoAlpha wins 125 virtual points!  And, +25 for the video.  smiley

Great pic Silene, hob-nobbing with the top brass eh?

That was our Lord Mayor at the time. He officiates for the citizenship ceremonies and everyone gets a pic with him and the other chap who is the Queen's representative.  You also get a certificate and a special city coin/medallion.  There were about 40 of us that day, so the place was full of families, etc.  The amusing part of taking British Citizenship was that I had to erm... take a test to prove English language ability. Kind of weird having grown up in the US!

frown Silene

Holy crap.  I'd never pass the spelling test.

SileneUK said:

The amusing part of taking British Citizenship was that I had to erm... take a test to prove English language ability. Kind of weird having grown up in the US!

frown Silene

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I reckon some Brits would have trouble passing a vocal english language test. 

Like Geordies for a start

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    Diomede said:

Amazing, between Phil and Silene, it seems like the Carrara forum as met every music or political celebrity in Birtain!  Great photo, Silene,  heart

And yet we've never met each other!

I keep promising myself to visit my author friend up in Tyne & Wear... I think Phil's in or near Leeds? Or if he ever gets down to Bristol, we'd be happy to see him! 

I wish that there could be a UK meetup of those of us on here who are interested. I'd like to meet Phil, Tim, perhaps Chohole if she'd come down from the Welsh hills... who else am I missing from the Carrara group? Oh, SciFi Funk!!!  Anyone else?

yes Silene

I don't have an English visa any morw, not sure if they would let me cross the border.

edited March 2017
    Diomede said:

I was trying to quote Chohole and messed up and couldn't edit it - I'll get the hang of computers eventually...

Post edited by PhilW on

Chohole said:

I don't have an English visa any morw, not sure if they would let me cross the border.

I was in Wales last weekend and didn't get my passport checked once (although I did have it with me just in case....) 

I thought they checked it when you came over the bridge,  and then they charge you for entering Wales.    You can  get out of Wales free though.

I got a Get Out of Wales Free card playing Monopoly. Oh wait, that's jail. get out of jail free.

As you were.

Chohole said:

I thought they checked it when you came over the bridge,  and then they charge you for entering Wales.    You can  get out of Wales free though.

I didn't come over a bridge - I was in North Wales (in the Pwllheli / Criccieth area for a Prog Rock Festival!).

edited March 2017

The bridges... ack.  Will they ever reduce the tolls? angry  My poor SIL and BIL are now going to Hereford almost every weekend as him mum is very old and frail now.

For our US friends, it costs almost $10 to cross either one of them. Though as said you only have to pay going into Wales, returning there is no toll, but they must make out on that. You can avoid it coming from the south or east by going through Gloucester. My husband used to have to do that  before the first Severn crossing was built when he was doing his apprenticship at BAe and driving his old banger home at weekends to mum and dad in Pembroke.

OK, off to pick up granddaughter today... I do sit her (21 mos) in my lap and make little models. I did that kitty and fur one from the Carrara Cafe tut not long ago. Have to start them young!

Anyone want to build a model?  I think I saw one on a site or maybe it was the Clifton Bridge... will have a look

yes Silene

PhilW said:
    Chohole said:

I didn't come over a bridge - I was in North Wales (in the Pwllheli / Criccieth area for a Prog Rock Festival!).

Aha,  you sneaked in the back door.    laugh

SileneUK said:

OK, off to pick up granddaughter today... I do sit her (21 mos) in my lap and make little models. I did that kitty and fur one from the Carrara Cafe tut not long ago. Have to start them young!

I remember visiting my son, not long after my youngest GD was born and he would sit there, holding her on his lap, and use the PC.  By the time she was about 3 he built here a mini  computer desk with a tiny kid size chair.  I laughed when I saw their computer room when I visited Dublin when she was 4, 3 desks,  one for Daddy bear, one for Mummy bear and one for baby bear. 

Now she is 17 and an anime fan, 

SileneUK said:

The bridges... ack.  Will they ever reduce the tolls? angry  

I thought bridges had Trolls, not tolls?! 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

unpacking apple orchard.  goodies inside smiley

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited March 2017
    MistyRara said:

unpacking apple orchard.  goodies inside smiley

Worm in apple.jpg
    800 x 600 - 354K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

new  product looks good, congrats Tim

Haha, love it Stezza yes

City Hall is now open for business of all kinds: https://www.daz3d.com/city-hall

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Tim, another great set, congratulations!

As I'm slowly learning about the people here, it seems like there are more folks on this forum from the UK and Oz, than from the US.  Probably an unanswerable question, but why is that?

...it seems like there are more folks on this forum from the UK and Oz, than from the US.  ... why is that?

I think most Americans don't realize what Carrara does.  Many Americans might need more information.  wink

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Don't for get us Canadian on here like MMoir, Argus1000 and myself, I know there are others just cant remember the names at the moment.