TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Thanks Dart. Way back then, ambition definitely exceeded talent. But keep improving and the world's your mollusc! smiley

Not true. Your first query was accompanied by some amazing mesh images in progress. I wasn't the only one looking forward to seeing more. Go on... be modest! It suits you. But you freaking ROCK, my friend! ROCK!!!

I've got 5 products in the top of store "What's Hot" scroller right now. That's never happened before - I'm quite chuffed! laugh

In UK, is "chuffed" a good thing? ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

yes indeed and Tim well deserves to be chuffed.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Okay, I'll upgrade to "well chuffed!" wink

Chuffed. Adjective. Very pleased, happy.

(as opposed to dischuffed, which is ... not.)

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614

Thanks TangoAlpha!

Thanks for supporting Carrara with your work!

That new crime lab looks awesome. A LOT of time and care went into that product.

If you've bought the props pack or the bundle, please PM me with your order number and I'll send you some updated/fixed files.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Thanks TA, PM sent.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    head wax said:

Thanks TA, PM sent.

PM sent as well.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Great looking set TA... though I have no need for it at the moment I look forward to seeing what the Carraraists render up yes

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

There's plenty of room for pigeons...

Should now be updated in the store, so no need to send me a PM any more. smiley

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited February 2017

If I could have one wish, it would be for a set in which people go through metal detectors to attend a speech by someone at a podium.  I saw something like that on Facebook and thought, geez, that would make a great Carrara set.  I encourage our Carrara community folks to see if there is something similar to be liked on Facebook.  Don't know how to bring up a Facebook page?  Click on the link in TangoAlpha's signature line.  yes

Post edited by Diomede on

It's not been accepted yet, so it feels a bit like putting the cart before the horse talking about it here, but as Darth Dio said, click that Facebook link and smash your fist (metaphortically) down on that Like button. More likes = more visibility = more interest = more sales = more procucts . . .

There was a thread out in the Art Studio (near where Diomede's Studio Sketchpad hangs out) with links to a great site for hosting spherical renders. So I thought I'd give it a go. Need to up the resolution though. (there's a 4k x 2k version been rendering on my other machine for a bit over an hour now. It's at about 20%, so it'll be a while yet!)

http://www.2vr.in/V-U3H

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Facebook?  That's a new one on me...

Just trying to drum up some likes for you. Hope it was not inappropriate.

It's not been accepted yet, so it feels a bit like putting the cart before the horse talking about it here,...

Not at all. It's just the mods here can sometimes get a bit funny about potentially commercial stuff, so I try not to talk about it too much until nearer the time (plus, by the time it comes out - around a month from now - you'd all be fed up hearing about it!) Perfectly fine for someone else to mention it though. smiley

BTW, my new WIP has been codenamed Harrison. And it's not a taxiway!

PhilW said:

It's that new fangled social meedja. Off that there interweb.

PhilW said:

It's that new fangled social meedja. Off that there interweb.

I'm thinking of developing a cross between FaceBook and Twitter - it's called TwitFace!

It's going to be the best part of a month before it's in the store, but here's a couple of 360 degree spherical renders to start drooling over.

City Hall . . .

http://www.2vr.in/V-U9V and http://www.2vr.in/V-U9W

When the image opens up, click and drag your mouse around.

Actually, if you do drool, please clean up afterwards. We don't got staff for that kinda thing!

• BTW, my new WIP has been codenamed Harrison. And it's not a taxiway!

A ford?

Whew! Thank goodness Rosie just bought a new roll of Bounty - the quicker picker upper! ;)

Very nice, Sir!

It is indeed! wink

yes

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Wow!

edited March 2017

Coming soon for Carrara and Daz Studio (3Delight & Iray): City Hall

City Hall building interior with large open lobby, atrium and five storeys of corridors, stairs and offices. Ideal setting for renders of important people, political rallys, town meetings, going to see the mayor or even pay off those parking tickets! Every department in civic life has an office door, from Community Liason to Police Commissioner, Emergency planning to Registrar of births deaths and marriages. Behind each door is a basic lit room or corridor. Includes props.

11-City-Hall-Daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    12-City-Hall-Daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    17-City-Hall-Daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    09-City-Hall-Daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    18-City-Hall-Daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Looks Nice!

A terrific set!

A great addition to my collection of sets.  Looking forward to it.

100 virtual points if you can identify the movie.

"From now on, the national language of San Marcos will be Swedish."  

I am not sure I have the exact quote, so I will raise the amount to 125 virtual points.

• JamyJamy Posts: 192

It's going to be the best part of a month before it's in the store, but here's a couple of 360 degree spherical renders to start drooling over.

City Hall . . .

http://www.2vr.in/V-U9V and http://www.2vr.in/V-U9W

When the image opens up, click and drag your mouse around.

Actually, if you do drool, please clean up afterwards. We don't got staff for that kinda thing!

Hi TangoAlpha,
    anew great job :-) 
    Did you make the 360° in Carrara ?

The 360 renders were done using the new Iray spherical camera in DS. This was primarily because the setup featured a number of Genesis 3 characters. Without those characters it would have rendered perfectly well in Carrara.

The view out of the front doors/windows is Howie Farkes's Harpsburg, and that was rendered in Carrara using the spherical camera at 8k x 4k, and the image loaded into the scene's background channel.