- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    Ungh. Woke up to meat pie and wieners having a fight in my tummy. Not fun.

So that's what all the rumbling in the here sky is :)

Nah, that's just ghost riders. Look out for a dude whose head is a flaming skull.

No body panic! I have a bow... Wait, the dragon ate my arrows! Ok panic!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited September 2012

Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    Arrow heads are complex little things to model :-S Low poly sure easy done, High poly... My god, it's easy to screw up

If you're sticking with the tribal theme, yep I would imagine chipped flint type arrow heads would be a problem.

OH GOD! Dont even go there! LOL... Wont stop me trying it though... Perhaps not this week LOL

Just wondered...did the Aussie Aborigines have bows and arrows?

Post edited by TJohn on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    Arrow heads are complex little things to model :-S Low poly sure easy done, High poly... My god, it's easy to screw up

If you're sticking with the tribal theme, yep I would imagine chipped flint type arrow heads would be a problem.

OH GOD! Dont even go there! LOL... Wont stop me trying it though... Perhaps not this week LOL

Different tech here, the Boomerang and Woomera http://www.questacon.edu.au/indepth/clever/aboriginal_technology.html

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,110
    edited December 1969

This is supposed to be my bed time but I do not want to go to sleep. As long as I get to sleep by ten thirty pm and then wake up around six thirty am I will get eight hours of sleep. That will be enough for me. we take our medicine at 8pm. I am not told to turn off lights or what not. Another resident is told to turn off her tv at this time. nobody enforces that I need to go to sleep at eight. I try to aim to go to sleep by nine.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:

Different tech here, the Boomerang and Woomera http://www.questacon.edu.au/indepth/clever/aboriginal_technology.html

Thanks for the link. Using a tool to add leverage and throw a spear is basically the idea which in some cultures became the bow and arrow. Different tech, same purpose/outcome. Very cool.

edited December 1969

clikity clik clik :)

i confuse your scroll name sometimes with Dorian Gray

I do not think I have read the story of Dorian Gray. I know the basics but do not remember reading it.

edited December 1969

This is supposed to be my bed time but I do not want to go to sleep. As long as I get to sleep by ten thirty pm and then wake up around six thirty am I will get eight hours of sleep. That will be enough for me. we take our medicine at 8pm. I am not told to turn off lights or what not. Another resident is told to turn off her tv at this time. nobody enforces that I need to go to sleep at eight. I try to aim to go to sleep by nine.

Nighty-night. Sleep tight.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

do not let the zombies bite! Or you might become a zombie! Brai-ains! Brai-ains!

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

do not let the zombies bite! Or you might become a zombie! Brai-ains! Brai-ains!
    I was attacked by a zombie once, but he died of starvation. :lol:

edited December 1969

I forgot. How many posts to get a second green square?

edited December 1969

clikity clik clik :)

i confuse your scroll name sometimes with Dorian Gray

Found a free copy for Kindle of Dorian Gray. Now to find time to read all the books I got for the Kindle. Majority of them were free when I got them.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

I forgot too. I am not working to get another square. I think it would be a hard goal to get to now.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    tjohn said:

I was attacked by a zombie once, but he died of starvation. :lol:

Actually it is impossible to sleep tight while trying to keep zombies from biting you. You can either sleep or fight back zombies, but not both. it is best to find a zombie free zone and sleep so you can be well rested to find another zombie free zone.

Maybe you can keep zombies back and sleep that is if you are fighting zombies in your dream. If that is too much of a nightmare then you probably should not play left 4 dead at night or watch zombie movies or something with zombies.

edited December 1969

Whoa big storm here, I get to go home early today but is traffic chaos outside, looks like I'm walking home in the rain *channels Gene Kelly* :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:

Thanks for the link. Using a tool to add leverage and throw a spear is basically the idea which in some cultures became the bow and arrow. Different tech, same purpose/outcome. Very cool.

They would have known about the bow and arrow through trade with what is now Indonesia and PNG in our far north - there are remnants from 20 000 years ago - but perhaps the extremes of wet and dry here would have been no good for bow strings ?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

251, almost there.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:
    Spyro you might want to tell the others that you Up-dated your Free item. The little thief fixed the limits in the Morph, so if you got it you might want to update your set.

I'm just helping out others I hope.

Yes.

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT!

Tribal Bow has been updated. The morph now has default limits, so now your bow wont go crazy when you dial up the draw back morph!

Also, An expansion for the bow will be released shortly, giving you a smart prop version for V4 and Genesis! Compliments of Jaderail :)

I downloaded the update, but I'm not going to install until my render problems are straightened out.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    Ungh. Woke up to meat pie and wieners having a fight in my tummy. Not fun.

So that's what all the rumbling in the here sky is :)

Nah, that's just ghost riders. Look out for a dude whose head is a flaming skull.

No body panic! I have a bow... Wait, the dragon ate my arrows! Ok panic!

Those blasted dragons ate yours too? I tried Walmart, but the hunters have already bought all that Walmart got in.

What to do, what to do????

edited December 1969

Glad I took my raincoat to work today, phew that was a quick change in the weather, I could get used to this rain stuff :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Doobee doobee doobee... I can haz my system rendering a piccy... it is eating all CPU power I got... all 8 cores are busy and half of RAM is gone, despite rendering to image. So, gonna laze in bed and play with my tablet 'till it is done.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Wheeeeee. The catch-up sale has began.

...I prefer either a good German stone ground or sinus clearing English pub mustard myself.
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited September 2012

@AtticAnne: I'm a (former) hunter, but always preferred a old-fashioned gun and bullets to a bow :3
    Sucks when I run out of ammo and can't back up my raptor from a saaaafe comfortable distance though XD
    Also whipped up a second quick image to get a feel of Akaikosh's size compared to hoomanz

WyvernLength.jpg
    938 x 525 - 50K
    akaikosh_size.jpg
    777 x 486 - 50K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

...some people have bad hair days. I had a bad bus day today (complaint embedded)

Fist, the bus I take into town was unusually crowded this morning and I had to stand all the way to the stop where i get off (nmever had to deal with this before). As i have serious arthritis it is hard to cram into a small space (especially the way the seats are set up on buses here) so I need a full, not just a "half" seat to sit.

On the next leg of my morning commute, the bus was late because of bad traffic heading into town. Things only became worse when:

Traffic westbound (out of the city centre) brought us to several dead stops, again untypical since the bus I take is heading out of the downtown core rather than in. Pretty much this was due to people on the highway just driving stupidly. So we finally get off the main highway only to end up waiting for a "nickle and dimer" to count out his change as he put it into the farebox. it gets even worse as, even though we were now almost fifteen minutes late, the diver waited for someone who was on the opposite side of the very busy street who waved us down (meaning waiting for a very long red light so they could cross over to the bus stop). I'm sorry if you are not at the stop before the bus arrives, it leaves without you. Consequently, I feared I would not make my connection to get to work.

OK, so on the way home it didn't get any better. The route I take out of the area where I work has older high floor buses with those damnable lifts that take forever to work and often break down. So of course we end up getting a wheelchair which because of how slow the lift works, put us behind by nearly eight minutes. On top of that, traffic on the highway segment going into town was just about as slow as it was in the morning. .so there was concern about missing a connection it would have meant another twenty five to thirty minutes standing around downtown for the next bus because of all the recent frequency cuts.

Ended up barely making it, as the connecting bus was a couple minutes behind.

Looking back, maybe it would have been better if I had missed it for the bus became even more crowded than the morning run, which again was very unusual for this particular route. At one point I thought I would have to ride past my stop as the aisle and rear door was completely blocked. A lot of times when you ask someone to move aside they just give you a look and expect you to contort around them. Not going to happen with my stiff and achy arthritic body. Here in Portland we have these "low rider" buses which are great in one way since wheelchair boardings take little time compared to the older buses with lifts, but a pain in the other as people will frequently stand in the back doorway blocking the rear exit. Often i seems they also have a bulky backpack which just makes them even more of an obstacle.

I'm sorry, I'm not a gymnast, I'm not a contortionist.

Needless to say, I was extremely relieved when I finally was able to get off.

I wish I could afford insurance so I could drive.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

help, please help me with percents math!

sesame street didn't cover this.

okay, this part isn't math yet, it's just obvious observation stuff.

i have 5 apples and 5 oranges. so,
    50% of my fruit is apples and 50% is oranges.

i trade-in an apple for an orange. 4 apples and 6 oranges
    40% of my fruit is apples and 60% is oranges.

i eat 2 oranges. 4 apples and 4 oranges. back to

i eat half an apple, leaving
    3.5 apples and 4 oranges.
    now i'm stuck. help!
    how do make a 100% fruit with 3.5 and 4?

thanks! :)

doh, 3:00am.

edited December 1969

singing in the rain .. what a glorious feeling ... happy again

doo doobie down doobie

lol, Complaint Thread - The Musical

edited December 1969

making something taller isn't the same as making something larger.

3 hours til it's time to get up for work. the air feels heavy. no breeze. fan is on, but it's not cooling my room.

edited December 1969

help, please help me with percents math!

sesame street didn't cover this.

okay, this part isn't math yet, it's just obvious observation stuff.

i have 5 apples and 5 oranges. so,

i trade-in an apple for an orange. 4 apples and 6 oranges
    40% of my fruit is apples and 60% is oranges.

i eat 2 oranges. 4 apples and 4 oranges. back to

i eat half an apple, leaving
    3.5 apples and 4 oranges.
    now i'm stuck. help!
    how do make a 100% fruit with 3.5 and 4?

thanks! :)

doh, 3:00am.

Logical fallacy 'cos your set of fruits contained no halves or not-fruits to start, the half that got eaten belonged to the superset of all half-fruit, no-fruit and fruit all along so everything still adds up to 100%. If you ate a whole fruit the remainder would still add up to 100%.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:

They did master the boomerang! Had they of not been invaded so early in their technological advancement, I'd imagine they would have made something similar to the bow. But also environmental factors, hunting requirements and lack of war torn history prior to the English arriving would have affected their requirements for ranged weaponry. There were indeed disputes between their tribes, I have no doubt of that, however, to my knowledge there were not any 'great' battles/wars between them, like the historical Europe, China or japan. And the long spanning isolation from the rest of the world further backs that up.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Doobee doobee doobee... I can haz my system rendering a piccy... it is eating all CPU power I got... all 8 cores are busy and half of RAM is gone, despite rendering to image. So, gonna laze in bed and play with my tablet 'till it is done.

Is it true that 3delight render doesn't use more than 2 cores? or something.. I came across a thread that mentioned some sort of restriction on that render engine.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:

They would have known about the bow and arrow through trade with what is now Indonesia and PNG in our far north - there are remnants from 20 000 years ago - but perhaps the extremes of wet and dry here would have been no good for bow strings ?

Oh wow, i didn't know that! Indonesia is pretty close so I guess trade there is likely, but why would the English not have came earlier? Unless Indonesia was not discovered until late? (Then again, I guess there is a lot of myth in the time of discovery and on even the discoverer)

This discussion has been closed.