Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    Arrow heads are complex little things to model :-S Low poly sure easy done, High poly... My god, it's easy to screw up

If you're sticking with the tribal theme, yep I would imagine chipped flint type arrow heads would be a problem.

OH GOD! Dont even go there! LOL... Wont stop me trying it though... Perhaps not this week LOL

Just wondered...did the Aussie Aborigines have bows and arrows?

Different tech here, the Boomerang and Woomera http://www.questacon.edu.au/indepth/clever/aboriginal_technology.html

Thanks for the link. Using a tool to add leverage and throw a spear is basically the idea which in some cultures became the bow and arrow. Different tech, same purpose/outcome. Very cool.

They would have known about the bow and arrow through trade with what is now Indonesia and PNG in our far north - there are remnants from 20 000 years ago - but perhaps the extremes of wet and dry here would have been no good for bow strings ?

Oh wow, i didn't know that! Indonesia is pretty close so I guess trade there is likely, but why would the English not have came earlier? Unless Indonesia was not discovered until late? (Then again, I guess there is a lot of myth in the time of discovery and on even the discoverer)

Dutch explorers came first, so they grabbed what they called the Dutch East Indies, with Batavia in Java their principal port. Cook didn't arrive until 1769 {?} Also http://www.shareourpride.org.au/topics/culture/trade

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Is it true that 3delight render doesn't use more than 2 cores? or something.. I came across a thread that mentioned some sort of restriction on that render engine.

Free version, IIRC, but DAZ has done some sort of licensing magic to be able to use non-free version by turning off some features in order to use more cores.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    help, please help me with percents math!

sesame street didn't cover this.

okay, this part isn't math yet, it's just obvious observation stuff.

i have 5 apples and 5 oranges. so,
    50% of my fruit is apples and 50% is oranges.

i trade-in an apple for an orange. 4 apples and 6 oranges
    40% of my fruit is apples and 60% is oranges.

i eat 2 oranges. 4 apples and 4 oranges. back to

i eat half an apple, leaving
    3.5 apples and 4 oranges.
    now i'm stuck. help!
    how do make a 100% fruit with 3.5 and 4?

thanks! :)

doh, 3:00am.

Logical fallacy 'cos your set of fruits contained no halves or not-fruits to start, the half that got eaten belonged to the superset of all half-fruit, no-fruit and fruit all along so everything still adds up to 100%. If you ate a whole fruit the remainder would still add up to 100%.

was thinking to take that .5 and divie it up between between the oranges and apples.
    39.25% apples and, no wait 40.25%, oh crap do0-over 39.5 + 59.5 nope

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Oh that's cool. So you can utilize all the cores you have then? It confused me when I read someone say it was restricted.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    help, please help me with percents math!

sesame street didn't cover this.

okay, this part isn't math yet, it's just obvious observation stuff.

i have 5 apples and 5 oranges. so,

i trade-in an apple for an orange. 4 apples and 6 oranges
    40% of my fruit is apples and 60% is oranges.

i eat 2 oranges. 4 apples and 4 oranges. back to

now i'm stuck. help!

thanks! :)

doh, 3:00am.

Logical fallacy 'cos your set of fruits contained no halves or not-fruits to start, the half that got eaten belonged to the superset of all half-fruit, no-fruit and fruit all along so everything still adds up to 100%. If you ate a whole fruit the remainder would still add up to 100%.

was thinking to take that .5 and divie it up between between the oranges and apples.
    39.25% apples and, no wait 40.25%, oh crap do0-over 39.5 + 59.5 nope

3.5/(3.5+4) = 0.4666666 = 46 2/3 % apples.
    4/(3.5+4) = 0.5333333 = 53 1/3% oranges.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited September 2012

now i'm stuck. help!

In the real world, you have 3 apples. A half-eaten apple turns brown and nasty-tasting fast, so you throw it away.

But they'll probably want the fractional answer... in which case, see above.

And then give the instructor a half-apple.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

mmmmm quantum fruit *noms*

edited December 1969

Thanks. :) i'm gonna try that in a Bar graph.

so, if I have an army with 4 Kobolds and 6 Orcs, an orc eats half a Kobold,
    ... i'm left with 99 and 3 thirds of an army :lol:

won't expect much input from half a Kobold, unless his blood is like acid then he can still contribute to the campaign.
    but, with acid blood the orc that ate him will be out of action, too.
    campaigns get complicated very quickly.

do soldiers get overtime pay or are they salaried?

then i'd have to calculate overtime for Kobolds and Orcs to find the bottom line of what the campaign is costing.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Oh that's cool. So you can utilize all the cores you have then? It confused me when I read someone say it was restricted.

Pretty sure that's the case, 'cause my normal Windows usage barely makes blips in four cores, but rendering tosses all eight up to 99% or so.

edited December 1969

then i'd have to calculate overtime for Kobolds and Orcs to find the bottom line of what the campaign is costing.

Well, during a campaign, they're away from the comforts of home, so they'd have a case for 24 hours per day overtime.

So you'd need either a contract that favors you, or some way to keep them in line without reducing troop strength.

I imagine you'd only pay them overtime if they're fighting overtime, or never. (Most militaries probably go flat rate, per week).

But, hey, how many of them can read a contract, anyway?

edited September 2012

That's good to hear, Skiriki! I think that's what I was reading earlier, it's nice to be sure.

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:

Pretty sure that's the case, 'cause my normal Windows usage barely makes blips in four cores, but rendering tosses all eight up to 99% or so.

I think the deal is that the basic standalone is two cores; but Daz cut a deal for unlimited cores - but with some features shut off.

Not sure where I read that.

Edit: Found that, and more detail...

3Delight Discussion edit: weirdly broken link

That makes 3 places I've read that in 24 hours. Never heard it before, LOL!

edited September 2012

T Jaiman said:

Well, during a campaign, they're away from the comforts of home, so they'd have a case for 24 hours per day overtime.

So you'd need either a contract that favors you, or some way to keep them in line without reducing troop strength.

I imagine you'd only pay them overtime if they're fighting overtime, or never. (Most militaries probably go flat rate, per week).

clause for hazard pay in squint size font. tee hee

what happens to armies in between campaigns?
    at the tavern brawling and general mayhem on the public?
    these aren't the type of guys to build reliable bridges and roads.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    That's good to hear, Skiriki! I think that's what I was reading earlier, it's nice to be sure.

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:

I think the deal is that the basic standalone is two cores; but Daz cut a deal for unlimited cores - but with some features shut off.

Not sure where I read that.

Edit: Found that, and more detail...

[url=hhttp://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8398/ttp://]3Delight Discussion

That makes 3 places I've read that in 24 hours. Never heard it before, LOL!

I have to say thats a pretty good deal daz made. I have no idea what features were shut off, but if it utilizes all that your computer has, then thats fine by me.

edited September 2012

T Jaiman said:

clause for hazard pay in squint size font. tee hee

Har! Be sure to include something like...

"Deceased soldiers must pick up their death benefits in person."

what happens to armies in between campaigns?
    at the tavern brawling and general mayhem on the public?

They're on their own time, you're not responsible for their fate. (Be sure to put that in the contract, though, just in case they get a lawyer).

these aren't the type of guys to build reliable bridges and roads.

That's why they're the first to go across the bridge.
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

meh.

*Crawls under rock*

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

meh* as well

*crawls under rock* crawls out very fast and finds another rock. Rezca was under the first one.

edited December 1969

Complaint: last night's sleeplessness came back with a vengeance, now with MOAR HEADACHE. Also feeling like I'm gonna hurl.

edited December 1969

Eheheh... Yeah this rock is taken. ^_^;
    But I wouldn't worry too much. *whispers* It doesn't have wi-fi
    New avy. So sadly no more netherdrake draggy D:
    But I luv this one too X3
    I couldn't see it when I first changed it... Does it take time, or do existing posts never update? D:

edited September 2012

FEH. Upload the new one, says it's been updated. Just see my old one. GO back to my settings, it says that's the only one I have. I delete it and refresh. No avy in my profile. I then upload the new one. Says it's been uploaded. I still see the netherdrake, even in my profile.
    RAAWR! DX
    *sigh* Oh well. I guess my netherdrake refuses to leave me o3o
    This is the avy I wanted to replace it with-

akaikosh_ovi_avy.jpg
    100 x 100 - 16K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

I see it. Refresh the image directly.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I can get avatar changing probs sometimes too. Try it again, Just delete it then return to the forums, if it's gone, go into avatar settings then load the new one, see if that fixes it.

edited December 1969

Nope, I still see the netherdrake D:
    Maybe my browser cache needs to be cleared...

edited December 1969

I still see the old one.

edited December 1969

FIXED!!! I see new one now

edited December 1969

Cleared my cache, restarted FF, still see the (too adorable for words) netherdrake.

edited December 1969

Right-click on piccy, pick reload image.

edited December 1969

Reload Image isn't an option for me D:

edited September 2012

Close your browser and re open it. I can see your avatar has changed.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm in chrome and I can't get it to show the new Image.

edited December 1969

I'm using Opera... And I think Skiriki is the same.

This discussion has been closed.