- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

If Fyre is still ocassionally poking in the thread to look every now and then, I found an artist who draws a lot of dragons from warcraft - specifically black ones, but a few red or blue ones too :3
    http://zierra1986.deviantart.com/
    <3</p>

dragon_love.jpg
    900 x 577 - 29K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

does C4D have cloth/softbody dynamics?

Only in the fairly expensive Studio edition.

I saw an animation of one of the Daz models that implemented a cloth sim, the wings draped as the limbs folded (think it was somewhere on the Newtek forums ? did'nt bookmark it sorry )

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    chohole said:
    Spyro said:
    I'm sorry to hear that Jaderail. I hope you feel better real soon! :) My Aunt has that, it's nasty. (I swear American spell check is totally different to Australian! Either that or my spelling totally sucks!)

I curse all the time because the stupid spell check keeps underling words that I know are spelled right, like colour. I am British, I spell the British way, heck we invented the language, well the English did anyway, is why it is called English, so we do know how to spell words like that.. GRRRRH

Yes I am the same, I hate colour spelled color! It's just LAZY ENGLISH! And Mum as Mom Seriously come on lol

Why spell it "colour"? Do you pronounce it so it rhymes with dour and flour? :P

In old french "coulour" , AFAIR Noah Webster was the spelling reformist who dropped the "u", a change which failed to catch on in European written English - um don't know how reliable this ref is but

http://www.barnsdle.demon.co.uk/spell/histsp.html

I was joking (but you knew that). My first minour was English so I'm familiar with some of the histoury of the language.

Rise up, my English-speaking brothers and sisters! Cast off the shackles placed on our beautiful language by the Norman French!

Webster took 28 years to formulate the original version of his dictionary, and most of the spelling changes were made in order to create "American" English as a definite language for a country that was still seeking to find it's own identity as an independent country rather than one of the Colonies.

English is itself a language which has references to several cultures, due to the various people who have invaded these islands during it's history, but mainly latin, germanic and french influences can be found in the language, due no doubt to the Romans, Angles, Saxons and Normans who fancied owning our green and pleasant land at different times.

The original language would have been British, which had celtic origins and is now only spoken in the so called "Celtic fringes" .

i thought Black Adder had something to do with the dictionary. they accidentally burnt it so he had to rewrite it. :)

The Mangled-Saxon version ?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

does C4D have cloth/softbody dynamics?

Only in the fairly expensive Studio edition.

I saw an animation of one of the Daz models that implemented a cloth sim, the wings draped as the limbs folded (think it was somewhere on the Newtek forums ? did'nt bookmark it sorry )

Murr... Yeah, but I'm also not sure if the IPP plugin I'm using to load the models in their poser format will have an effect on it or not D:
    The simulation you saw might have been a re-rigged version. And even still that won't fix the rigid wings DX
    Only re-rigging it seems to be a solution :(
    One thing I find annoying is that there does not seem to be any easy way to save/load "morphs" in Cinema4D without the studio edition. Is serious - The morph tag is only in Studio DX
    Someone showed a fairly detailed dragon/bat wing folding setup using only Prime (No fancy stuff - just the basic program. Think like DS Free and no pluggies compared to DS Advanced + Carrara), but I didn't look over it. think I bookmarked it though...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    chohole said:
    Spyro said:
    I'm sorry to hear that Jaderail. I hope you feel better real soon! :) My Aunt has that, it's nasty. (I swear American spell check is totally different to Australian! Either that or my spelling totally sucks!)

I curse all the time because the stupid spell check keeps underling words that I know are spelled right, like colour. I am British, I spell the British way, heck we invented the language, well the English did anyway, is why it is called English, so we do know how to spell words like that.. GRRRRH

Yes I am the same, I hate colour spelled color! It's just LAZY ENGLISH! And Mum as Mom Seriously come on lol

Why spell it "colour"? Do you pronounce it so it rhymes with dour and flour? :P

In old french "coulour" , AFAIR Noah Webster was the spelling reformist who dropped the "u", a change which failed to catch on in European written English - um don't know how reliable this ref is but

http://www.barnsdle.demon.co.uk/spell/histsp.html

I was joking (but you knew that). My first minour was English so I'm familiar with some of the histoury of the language.

Rise up, my English-speaking brothers and sisters! Cast off the shackles placed on our beautiful language by the Norman French!

Webster took 28 years to formulate the original version of his dictionary, and most of the spelling changes were made in order to create "American" English as a definite language for a country that was still seeking to find it's own identity as an independent country rather than one of the Colonies.

English is itself a language which has references to several cultures, due to the various people who have invaded these islands during it's history, but mainly latin, germanic and french influences can be found in the language, due no doubt to the Romans, Angles, Saxons and Normans who fancied owning our green and pleasant land at different times.

The original language would have been British, which had celtic origins and is now only spoken in the so called "Celtic fringes" .

i thought Black Adder had something to do with the dictionary. they accidentally burnt it so he had to rewrite it. :)

The Mangled-Saxon version ?

Hmm

WordsFromMangle_copy.jpg
    294 x 400 - 74K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Complaint! It's freezing cold and I have to be in the thick of it! Thanks work! Why are you Americans and the pacific ocean hogging all the warmth? Winter sucks :(

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint! I got bad Clinic head today, Thumping and stuffed full of Fluff also. And I got things to do today. It's going to be one very long day.

edited December 1969

Ooh I can see my new avy now :3
    And I already miss the netherdrake D:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited September 2012

have yoo seen this set? woww

it's a perfect home for a kobold.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fantasy-hovel

wahh i'm not gonna have enough leftover vgc for the wingless wyrm http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-wingless-wyrm
    ohh, he's so cute.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

not sure what i'm seeing here. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/flexi-girls-poses

:)

what's for lunch today?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Sausage and fries.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,110
    edited December 1969

have yoo seen this set? woww

it's a perfect home for a kobold.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fantasy-hovel

wahh i'm not gonna have enough leftover vgc for the wingless wyrm http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-wingless-wyrm
    ohh, he's so cute.

the home could be great for a hobbit.

Digital I makes lots of cool dragon like lizards.

edited December 1969

Used to anyway. =/

The textures they have are pretty stylized, so unless you make your own or use Rawn's excellent textures for them, they might stand out a bit in some scenes XD
    Doesn't stop me from luving his Trex :3
    (One of my favorite scenes I made. Pity hardly anyone notices it XD )

trex_in_the_woods.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 274K
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

Urrrgh! Why does every keyboard have to have a different layout?

All the peripheral keys have to be in a different place.

Dumb kitten knocked my keyboard off the desk, and I had to replace it.

And why do cats love desks so much?

Can we have multiple related gripes in here. And if not, why not?

edited December 1969

at work I have been told several times that the cutting blades of the tomato slicer are sharp and I should wear those cut resistant gloves while handling the tomato slicer. Even the video I saw on my first day of work at the new Wendy's said that at all times that I am using or cleaning the tomato slicer, that I should wear the cut resistant gloves. those gloves are similar to chainmail. that is what they remind me of when I see them.

Today I decided not to wear the cut resistant gloves. I cut the tomatoes with no problem. It was not until I went to wash the tomato slicer's blades when the problem came up. I was rinsing it with some soap water and then felt some pain. I dropped the blades into the water and notice my finger was covered in this red liquid. I had to do two things, get the thing with the blades out of the sink without further damage to myself and to deal with my finger. I ended up having to drain the sink so I could take the blades out. I had to do that right away so that no one would stick their hands into the dish sink and get cut by the blades. as it was draining I grabbed some paper towels and put them over the cut on my finger. as soon as I saw the thing with the blades I took that out of the dish sink and rinsed it off. I washed off the body of the tomato slicer and then put it back together.

After that I wore the cut resistant gloves for the rest of the cutting stuff.

Another problem today was that I was too slow on getting everything done. I tried rushing myself at the end. I was putting away a bacon pan that was clean. There was a cart with two pots of chili. (Uncooked and cold that were waiting for the beef to be put in it then it would be cooked.) That cart was in the way. I tried to move it but instead I knocked over the cart and chili. I spent the next half hour to an hour cleaning it up. I also got chili all over my pants.

It was time to leave and I have not had lunch yet. I ordered two things of nuggets, a fry and a free drink to go. I did not want to eat while wearing chili covered pants. After I got my food, I went home and started laundry and then ate my food.

I hope I did not loose my job.

edited December 1969

Arrgh! Now I'm not getting topic reply emails, reliably.

Why couldn't it let me stay smug about that?

edited December 1969

hmm sounds good idea. :) frozen fries in the freezer. no sausage. ooo, haz bacon. and some salad with ginger dressing.

i'm gonna have to stay home and cook the next few weeks, no chocolate martinis for a month.

it was worth it though, bought the - fantasy hovel, j.a.c.k., willow springs, odysseon computer room, Stan the man - it's all stuff i foresee using in the next cpl months.

edited December 1969

The other day I went to Netflix (I have a month trial membership there) and I searched for movies with Matt Smith. Got one movie that claimed Matt Smith was in it but it was not the Matt Smith I was looking for. The Matt Smith I was thinking of was born in 1982. The movie was made in 1992. I did not see any ten year olds in the part that I saw. The Matt Smith's character in the movie was a high schooler which means the actor was too old to be the Matt Smith I like.

The movie was Scent of a Woman. I did not finish watching it as it did not capture my interest in what I saw. This is what I saw of the movie. It was some kid who was in a boarding high school. He was there on scholarship and was poor. It was time for Thanksgiving and he did not have the money to go home. He got a part time job helping a blind guy so that guy's daughter and family could go on vacation. The blind guy was difficult for the kid to get along with. The kid saw some of his so called friends pull a prank on the headmaster. Some lady saw that the boy and another kid was in the area of the prank. Headmaster tried to find out from the two boys who did it but neither would talk. Headmaster tried to bribe boy by saying that he could help the boy get into a prestigious college if he would tell who did it. Boy still will not tell on his so called friends.

That pretty much was what I saw. I do not care to see the rest of the movie.

Last night I started to watch the last air bender. I did not remember if I saw it before. Once the movie was getting more familiar I realized I already watched it once before. I would have noticed it earlier if I was not trying to multitask (watching the movie while playing a game on my kindle fire)

edited December 1969

Just checking for thieves. 56 Pages 0 Thieves. Maybe the dragons returned an ate the thieves.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

what's for lunch today?

Well you see, when two female contortionists love each other very much, they... uh...

Nope I'm not sure what I'm seeing either.

edited September 2012

tjohn said:

what's for lunch today?

Well you see, when two female contortionists love each other very much, they... uh...

Nope I'm not sure what I'm seeing either.

Was this created by a male? Definitely for the male market :P

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

The keyboard or the kitten?

edited December 1969

That kid pocketed my pick!

My 300 year old antique ivory toothpick. Gold inlay grip, with a tiny diamond.

I'm going to his house. Probably find him stabbing plastic soldiers with it.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Used to anyway. =/

The textures they have are pretty stylized, so unless you make your own or use Rawn's excellent textures for them, they might stand out a bit in some scenes XD

I am noticing it and liking it very much! :-)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    T Jaiman said:

The kitten's fine.

But I can't type on a kitten.

Oh, you mean...

No, wouldn't do any good. Each cat does it, it was just this one's turn.

First time the keyboard got damaged, though.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    T Jaiman said:

Hope the kitten is okay.

I have dropped my keyboard many times and it still works great. I think I am a klutz. I drop my electronics quite frequently. Today alone I got a cut on my finger that was preventable and I also knocked over a cart with pots of chili. Definitely a klutz

edited December 1969

Anyone here play plants vs zombies? The special version of Sims supernatural has some plants vs zombie content with it.

I better play sims again. Maybe I should also play Left 4 dead. Does anyone know of a site that can help remind me how to play a first person shooter on a pc? I need a refresher on the keys so I can play L4D again. I do not want my character (the chick) to be killed right away which makes playing the game not fun. I want to win the game.

edited September 2012

T Jaiman said:
    tjohn said:
    T Jaiman said:

The kitten's fine.

But I can't type on a kitten.

Oh, you mean...

No, wouldn't do any good. Each cat does it, it was just this one's turn.

First time the keyboard got damaged, though.

Glad the kitten is OK. I have an elderly lady cat named Baby. As near as I can figure, she should be about 14 years young. She was my late Aunt's cat until my Aunt passed away 12 years ago. Baby is still as fun and playful as a kitten. I wish I was aging as gracefully. :)

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Rezca said:

Used to anyway. =/

I am noticing it and liking it very much! :-)

http://sylxeriaguardian.deviantart.com/art/Trex-in-the-woods-307684049

edited December 1969

would anyone wanna come over and do installs for me? :) - i'm cooking bacon and cornbread for dinner!

This discussion has been closed.