Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459
    edited June 2017

Tweaked Ahmad a bit and did a non-glowing version. I think I like the glow best for this picture, although his base Djinn skin is just gorgeous. Link to my gallery has a larger version or click for slightly larger version.

Glow
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/370136/

No-Glow
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/370131/

Ahmad 81 modded sm.png
    1000 x 1250 - 2M
    Ahmad No Glow v2 sm.png
    1000 x 1250 - 2M
    Post edited by firewarden on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

very nice! I like how the two show off different details of his skin, thank you for posting him.  XD  

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Honestly I think the glow one looks much better, but that's just medevil

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Its very interesting, with the glowing skin he is immediately the focus of the image.  Without it, my eye is immediately drawn to the small female genie.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited June 2017

Darwin: thank you! Lennox is shaping up well btw, to me he has kind of a Sting/David Bowie vibe.

Firewarden: to me the glowy version looks more otherworldly, and I agree with Ice Dragon that the nonglowy version feels like its more about the dancing girl. They're both well-done though.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • Thank you so much. XD  I hope so!  Still working on cards here, hopefully they'll be done tonight. XD  Then I can do a fun render of him before starting promos. ;)

I shall translate this comment:

He is going to pull a riff of me in his "fun" render since Lennox is a bit of a riff of me to begin with ::cue the maniacal laughter::

LOL-true, true!  And thank you, Odda-I appreciate that comparison. ;)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600

Then there was this one- not completely happy with it (won't pick out the mistakes and issues) but here he is anyway:

I rather like this. Looks good. =-) Sometimes I chuck images and their scene files in a folder to revisit later. This honestly could be cool. I'd just yaw the camera a bit, but the scene is just coming together I think.

Thank you.  I'll have to ask- Yaw the camera?  'Splain? XD

Yawing means to pitch or roll the camera. The character would look highly dramatic if you tilt the camera so his feet and the camea are less vertical and straight on. If you yaw the camera so his feet are more dramatically placed say in the right corner he will look more interesting to the eye I think.

Ctrl+Alt+LMouse - Rotate Camera

Ctrl+Alt+RMouse - Move camera

Ctrl+Alt+MMouse - Zoom camera

This is an old promo image but it gives you the idea. You have all the scene essentials I would try rolling the camera a bit to see what happens

IMG_1635.JPG
    1000 x 1300 - 298K

Oooooo.  Ok!  Thank you for that.  I call it tilt-a-whirl. .lol  I'll try that and re-render and see how it works.  I appreciate the tip!

edited June 2017

Well if your going to re render add a specular eye light on his nice eyes too. It will make them pop. If you have colms  light set there is a good one in there and that light is worth its weight in gold.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Think I have several- and a few specific to get that gleam in the eyes.  I'll definitely check that on my list of updates!  Heck, if it turns out well enough I may just add it in as a promo. 

I like the render. Sorry to pop in and add advice. I think it looked nice though and was sad to see such effort consigned to the do not like pile when it looks pretty cool.

No, never apologize. I always appreciate tips and ideas-never feel like you shouldn't. :)  Thank you.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Think I have several- and a few specific to get that gleam in the eyes.  I'll definitely check that on my list of updates!  Heck, if it turns out well enough I may just add it in as a promo. 

If you render again, double check his front foot.  From this angle, it looks sunk into the ground just a tad.  Good luck!  I really like that render, too.  I hope you play with it some more.  It would be a fun promo.  :)

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

@DarwinsMishap, @Saphirewild, @Odaa, @Ice Dragon Art, Thank you for the kind comments. I hadn't thought how the focus of the picture changed, but I totally agree. I learned a lot while working with this render; there is so much to learn with DAZ, but I will keep plugging.  Very happy with Ahmad as a versatile character, and looking forward to Lennox and friends! (Family?)

Thanks, KM. Have a new render cooking now, in fact. :)

You're very welcome firewarden-I do love seeing what everyone does with my crew!  As for the family- whole different venue of characters.  Still collecting resources for that one and we're still hashing out the appearance and backstory, but soon(ish) I might have something to show.

Ah, I still have to do the Riff Render as well. lol  Hopefully tonight, or tomorrow.

New render:

That's nice!  I love the camera angle and the low perspective.  Nice composition. Looks like it would be a great promo.  :)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,147

That's a really great render, and I can't wait until he is up for grabs.  Check his right eye, it may be wandering up higher than it should be.    

Thank you both!  Yanno, I thought so too about the right eye and checked the posing of both with a different camera, but it's due to that eye being blue rather than brown like the left eye.  Good catch!

edited June 2017

So, the start of the "Family" has begun.

Meet Elosolus.  I've finalized the facial morphs, the eye morphs and four of the fantasy eye materials.  This is a tester base skin for the human version of him.  There will be two versions of skins/eyes as with Ahmad-fantasy and normal.  I will be adding a fantasy morph for his teeth as well, and perhaps his ears.

The render is only 20% done, but when I stopped it to post Studio crashed.  So, instead of re-doing it, I'll turn him without hair so you can see his profile as well.  There's a head seam-skin's a tester!  In my head, he's calling it his "skin suit"

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Good lord those eyes are stunning!

Thank you!

Profile. Note-he is not meant to look "normal", but a different race from Human.  This would be considered his preferred shape to walk amongst Man.

I love those eyes, too.  Stunning.  He has a nice profile, very aristocratic.  :)

Thank you!  His features are supposed to be 'not quite human'.. hopefully it's enough once I figure out the skin for him

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

I think I can safetly post this here, since I used Evan and Diesel for the textures...Please continue to include no brow options.  And the less gloss options are a good idea, I think... I sometimes use the presets out of the box but usually find them over much for my personal taste.

Gallery Link

Nice render!  Thank you for using them on your guys. 

I will always include the no brow options, no worries!  As for the gloss settings, I've intended to do that with all of them, but frankly, at times, I've just forgotten.

if they are an issue on the ones that don't have that option, you can use the setting I included with Parker or any of the other males that have them-you won't change the main maps, just the settings.  Or that was the plan,lol.

i'll try to remember adding them in.

This discussion has been closed.