Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Great renders! Lennox looks like a badass and Ahmad is glowing! Did you stick an emissive inside of him? He looks cool! Love the clouds too!

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

Update on the WIP: (forgive the grain, didn't let it finish.  Need ta sleeeeeep)

Love the Celtic tats! Cool character. :)

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Thank you!  Still working on him. :)

edited May 2017
    Llynara said:

Great renders! Lennox looks like a badass and Ahmad is glowing! Did you stick an emissive inside of him? He looks cool! Love the clouds too!

@Llynara. Thanks! :) I'm learning bit by bit.

I started with Body of Light Chakra lights to make him glow, duplicating the lights, deleting those that I didn't want, moving them around, changing to point lights, changing colors/lumens, etc.  I may post a better render (I hope) later. I had ended up going back a few versions trying to find where I "broke" the external lights, but never got it back quite right and lost a couple of tweaks.  I woke up thinking of what I changed that messed up the external lights.  Will see if my waking thought takes care of the external light problem, but I need to finish another render first. 

Edited for TMI

Post edited by firewarden on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited May 2017

I just want to say thanks to Darwin for showing us the WIPs and kind of telling us about the character making process, because it's really interesting to watch. And kudos to everyone for the art, with special shoutouts to Llynara's imperious Maharaja Ahmad and Firewarden's eerie Djinn Ahmad.

Also been playing with Ahmad too, but in more of a "Frank Frazetta with more clothes on" vein.

DuelAtTuskerHall.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Odaa on
    Odaa said:

I just want to say thanks to Darwin for showing us the WIPs and kind of telling us about the character making process, because it's really interesting to watch. And kudos to everyone for the art, with special shoutouts to Llynara's imperious Maharaja Ahmad and Firewarden's eerie Djinn Ahmad.

Also been playing with Ahmad too, but in more of a "Frank Frazetta with more clothes on" vein.

@Odaa, Love it! What set is that? It looks like a scene right out of Sinbad! :)

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited May 2017

@firewarden, it's DM's Legends: https://www.daz3d.com/dms-legends

with one of these mounted above the throne: https://www.daz3d.com/monster-skulls-hd

these shaders applied to the pots: https://www.daz3d.com/colored-and-broken-glass-iray-shaders

and these fires in the pots: https://www.daz3d.com/fast-flames-iray

Legends takes some tweaking to bring up to date (convert all architectural surfaces to Iray Base Shader, set bump levels to around 8.0, convert all weapons surfaces to Iray and then to the Iron settings, run the M4 V4 poses through the conversion script of your choice so that G3 characters can use them) but it's got a bunch of good stuff, including action poses, authority poses, a wide variety of hand-held weapons, architecture that's a bit more exotic than DM's more gothic/European or Greco-Roman stuff (love it too), and not as "occult" themed as some of their other stuff. You get something like five or six different architectural presets, plus the props used to build them with.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Oh very nice WIP Darwin and congrats on being featured with the same image, over at  Rendo, as a splash image on their "News of the Week for May 29" video :D 

Odaa said:

@firewarden, it's DM's Legends: https://www.daz3d.com/dms-legends

with one of these mounted above the throne: https://www.daz3d.com/monster-skulls-hd

these shaders applied to the pots: https://www.daz3d.com/colored-and-broken-glass-iray-shaders

and these fires in the pots: https://www.daz3d.com/fast-flames-iray

Legends takes some tweaking to bring up to date (convert all architectural surfaces to Iray Base Shader, set bump levels to around 8.0, convert all weapons surfaces to Iray and then to the Iron settings, run the M4 V4 poses through the conversion script of your choice so that G3 characters can use them) but it's got a bunch of good stuff, including action poses, authority poses, a wide variety of hand-held weapons, architecture that's a bit more exotic than DM's more gothic/European or Greco-Roman stuff (love it too), and not as "occult" themed as some of their other stuff. You get something like five or six different architectural presets, plus the props used to build them with.

@Odaa - Fantastic information. Thanks! I've copyed and pasted that to a file so I can find it when I got to use that set. Just bought a bunch of DM's on the day they were 40-50 cents.I'm adding the shaders and flames to my wishlist. :)

Wow- thank you, everyone, for posting your renders!  We both get such a treat out of seeing how the characters are used, tweaked and presented.  Yup-I show all of them to my s/o as well, just so's ya know.

I agree with firewarden, Ooda- that really smacks of Sinbad to me, well done with the scene.

Thank you, Ferretmania!  I went over and took a look- what a nice surprise. XD

Will have an update soon on the tats- I think I'm going to separate out the arms and torso tattoos for a variety to use; my s/o suggested they may be 'too much' all together, though I will add all arm/torso tats presets for those that want the uber inked version as well. lol

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Preview:

Oh wow this is perfect!

Ahmad in the clouds. Postworked the clouds around the front edges, as I just couldn't get the cloud cards quite as I wanted for the small details on the close-up. The blame would be my sincere lack of skill and not the cloud cards themselves. Someday when I know DAZ better, I may revisit this. (And some clouds are pixelated because I optimized the textures too much.)

Nicely done!  I love that the genie has a genie!

Ahmad in the clouds. Postworked the clouds around the front edges, as I just couldn't get the cloud cards quite as I wanted for the small details on the close-up. The blame would be my sincere lack of skill and not the cloud cards themselves. Someday when I know DAZ better, I may revisit this. (And some clouds are pixelated because I optimized the textures too much.)

Nicely done!  I love that the genie has a genie!

Thank you! I'm hoping to redo this render and perhaps do one without the extra glowing. He's such a unique character. The possibilities are endless!

I do love the idea as well, firewarden.  I can't wait to see what else you come up with. XD

Thank you, Sonja!  Hopefully I'll have the second face option rendered soon to post it.  Need one more brow option done, and I can start the icons/cards (and maybe a second body type morph) and get this off to the last tester before I re-start the randomizer-Ferretmania!  

After Lennox, the list is re-started with vwrangler and deathbycannon added to it. :) 

Ohh I can't wait :D  Looking forward to see the rest of his options too . 

Well, here is the blonde version and another eye material set: 

XD

Then there was this one- not completely happy with it (won't pick out the mistakes and issues) but here he is anyway:

Tats:

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited May 2017

Very nice renders! He's looking great. And very interesting as a blond. I think he can pull it off with that pale skin.

Post edited by Llynara on

Interesting.  I usually don't like blond men as much as I like darker haired men, but he looks really good as a blond....

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Well, here is the blonde version and another eye material set: 

XD

I am so loving the frecles on this render.......where I am a frecle face and all over in rl and being I am Irish mix, I just love that look on such a Irish Masculin Charactor

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Sorry I've been AWOL for awhile.  Wow! Lennox is awesome.  I love what you did with his morph, the skin looks great and I love those tats.  Nice to know you won the challenge!  :)

Nicely done renders and I love his freckles and his skin. 

WB KM!  Glad to have ya back. :)  Thank you!  And Yus- this one.  I believe he's brewing up another. >.>  Sneaky man.

Thank you FM and Saph-I appreciate that a great deal.  I though he needed a little more character; the freckles and moles did that nicely.

• oliverstwistoliverstwist Posts: 25
    edited June 2017

Bwahah, the spillage of coffee did not kill my craptop after all!!

Hello Folks! Love checking out all the renders you do.  Dar shows them off to me on our smoke breaks- when we can take them. He may have won this challenge but next up may just  be the first new family member (that's the cue for more/betterer cursing)

Welcome back KM! Hope all is well in your worlds laugh

Edits for my space bar maybe having too much coffee and the need to un-typoese.

Post edited by oliverstwist on

LOL- There ya are!

....true, after what we discussed there may be MUCH cursing. XD

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

WB KM!  Glad to have ya back. :)  Thank you!  And Yus- this one.  I believe he's brewing up another. >.>  Sneaky man.

Thank you FM and Saph-I appreciate that a great deal.  I though he needed a little more character; the freckles and moles did that nicely.

I'm sure you'll be up for the challenge if he is.  :)

Bwahah, the spillage of coffee did not kill my craptop after all!!

Hello Folks! Love checking out all the renders you do.  Dar shows them off to me on our smoke breaks- when we can take them. He may have won this challenge but next up may just  be the first new family member (that's the cue for more/betterer cursing)

Welcome back KM! Hope all is well in your worlds laugh

Edits for my space bar maybe having too much coffee and the need to un-typoese.

All is well.  Thanks.  Just being a busy little writer.  I'm up to about 3000 words a day most days when I'm in writer mode.  Now, I'm in editor mode so things have slowed down a bit for a few days.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

Wow! Lennox is coming along nicely!

Update on the WIP: (forgive the grain, didn't let it finish.  Need ta sleeeeeep)

• Preview:

Love those tats, Darwin. Especially the celtic one, looks very versatile. 

Thank you so much. XD  I hope so!  Still working on cards here, hopefully they'll be done tonight. XD  Then I can do a fun render of him before starting promos. ;)

This discussion has been closed.