Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
    edited June 2017

Nice render!  Thank you for using them on your guys. 

I will always include the no brow options, no worries!  As for the gloss settings, I've intended to do that with all of them, but frankly, at times, I've just forgotten.

if they are an issue on the ones that don't have that option, you can use the setting I included with Parker or any of the other males that have them-you won't change the main maps, just the settings.  Or that was the plan,lol.

i'll try to remember adding them in.

I shall bear that in mind... I couldn't remember who had them and I have trouble with Spec/Gloss so I redid them with Met/Rough. Do you think using bare instead of bear might have been a freudian slip? This is the PG version of Gabriel and Michael...

Post edited by evilded777 on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

The size of his eyes helps indicate he is not quite human I think.  I really like him so far

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

Looking very interesting!!!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I will always include the no brow options, no worries!  As for the gloss settings, I've intended to do that with all of them, but frankly, at times, I've just forgotten.

if they are an issue on the ones that don't have that option, you can use the setting I included with Parker or any of the other males that have them-you won't change the main maps, just the settings.  Or that was the plan,lol.

I shall bear that in mind... I couldn't remember who had them and I have trouble with Spec/Gloss so I redid them with Met/Rough. Do you think using bare instead of bear might have been a freudian slip? This is the PG version of Gabriel and Michael...

Not to distract this thread but I'm not enough of a pop or other type historian to know what the 'Pieces of 8' means or was it the names 'Michael' & 'Gabriel' that the remark in the Gallery was refering too? I think 'Pieces of 8' has something to do with card playing.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

So, the start of the "Family" has begun.

Meet Elosolus.  I've finalized the facial morphs, the eye morphs and four of the fantasy eye materials.  This is a tester base skin for the human version of him.  There will be two versions of skins/eyes as with Ahmad-fantasy and normal.  I will be adding a fantasy morph for his teeth as well, and perhaps his ears.

The render is only 20% done, but when I stopped it to post Studio crashed.  So, instead of re-doing it, I'll turn him without hair so you can see his profile as well.  There's a head seam-skin's a tester!  In my head, he's calling it his "skin suit"

Woa Stunning eyes. His gorgeous. Love his features and I will definitely reserve a spot for him in my runtime!

Thank you again for letting me test, it was so much fun. This was just a quick scene and I more in store for him.

lennoxname.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 406K
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Thank you, everyone!  I'm still swearing on Elosolus's skin, lemme tell you.  Took a night off because it just irked me enough to need it. lol

Freudian slip?  You, Evil?  Nevah.  LOL  Did you post the NSFW version elsewhere?

As for Pieces of 8, not sure Nonesuch....maybe Evil can fill us in?

Ferretmania- Love this.  Serously- thank you for posting it!

And just because:

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I have to seriously show my boys this one!  They love Captain Underpants!  :)  Nice!

Ah, pieces of eight I looked it up. I know the term only because of an album by Styxx my older brother had when I was a boy but pieces of 8 are actually called that because Spanish money in one doublon are comprised of 8 reals (if I haven't already forgotten, it's been a comple of days). They actually used to cut silver coins in 1/2s, 1/4s, 1/8s. I had a whole one once from the American colonies but I lost it (that's what they used before America started it's own currency). :-( 

Hope your boys liked it, KM!

Oooo...I had fogotten that, nonesuch.  Thank you for looking it up and letting us know.  Great piece of trivia

My pleasure Darwin :) I have more in store for him lol 

LOL very colorful underpants there

Here sporting a bald look as a hitman who's "done"

done.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 503K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

OMG he seriously looks like Nick Cage without hair!!!!cheeky

That is really nice, KM!  Very expressive and I do like the lighting choice here a great deal.

So, I started painting the skin again- for the third time.  This is just starting- I worked around his eyes, nose, bridge, apples of the cheeks and he now has a completely different lip.  New brows as well.  Hard to see details in this lighting, and I just started it but I had to test to see what it looked like. 

He will have the large eye morph as well, but here he is without it.  

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Oooo...I had fogotten that, nonesuch.  Thank you for looking it up and letting us know.  Great piece of trivia

Okay, let me just state that I have very weird boys!  Boys don't give straight answers as to whether they like something or not.  They did enjoy telling me about everything that wasn't accurate with the render.  One would think they have never played dress-up before or pretended to be someone else.  They did enjoy seeing the render, though, I could tell.  It did make them smile.  Even my grim boy who rarely smiles managed to smile when he saw the render.  I'm afraid that is as good as it gets with teenagers.  :)

That is really nice, KM!  Very expressive and I do like the lighting choice here a great deal.

I think you might have meant FM.  And, yes, she did a fantastic job with that image!  :)  I love the how composition and lighting, too.

Okay, let me just state that I have very weird boys!  Boys don't give straight answers as to whether they like something or not.  They did enjoy telling me about everything that wasn't accurate with the render.  One would think they have never played dress-up before or pretended to be someone else.  They did enjoy seeing the render, though, I could tell.  It did make them smile.  Even my grim boy who rarely smiles managed to smile when he saw the render.  I'm afraid that is as good as it gets with teenagers.  :)

I think you might have meant FM.  And, yes, she did a fantastic job with that image!  :)  I love the how composition and lighting, too.

They're teens- but I got smiles, I'm good. lol

and..........yes.  So sorry.   The typo monkey. He is on m'back.  >.>

and found my first issue with El- the large eye morph has the eyeball enlargen to the point it cuts into the socket- so you can see the socket from inside the eye at certain angles, and the eye pulls away from the lacrimental area.  Will have to work on that while I continue to paint out the rest of his textures.  Meh.

edited June 2017

Not to distract this thread but I'm not enough of a pop or other type historian to know what the 'Pieces of 8' means or was it the names 'Michael' & 'Gabriel' that the remark in the Gallery was refering too? I think 'Pieces of 8' has something to do with card playing.

Pieces of Eight is a reference to a book on Chaos Magic by Gordon White. Anything in that gallery has multiple meanings and/or is the focus of a magical act. Michael and Gabriel are Archangels. And no, I have not posted the NSFW version anywhere.  Perhaps I shall finish it and post it at DA.

edited June 2017

Hate to bring this up, but the metadata for Nikolas is borked.  He's filed under Deafult/Figures/People/Female/Real World.  The rest of the data looks okay, I think its just the Actor.

Huh- I don't do the metadata, that's done on Daz's side.  Wonder why it went that way?  Would you mind submitting a ticket, or I can, however. :)

I submitted a ticket for that to get fixed. I'll let ya know.

OMG he seriously looks like Nick Cage without hair!!!!cheeky

Thank you Saphire , I'm happy you like it. I just thought it would be nice doing one without hair. 

Thank you ! The pose is from hmm Kurt shoots (I think that's the name) from Rendo , Hehe a Typo Monkey. I'm going to remember that phrase lol .That frequently happens to me to so no biggie ;) 

Thank you KM very much.

and found my first issue with El- the large eye morph has the eyeball enlargen to the point it cuts into the socket- so you can see the socket from inside the eye at certain angles, and the eye pulls away from the lacrimental area.  Will have to work on that while I continue to paint out the rest of his textures.  Meh.

Ouch painful. Poor El!  I like his eyes, so I hope you get it fixed. 

Pieces of Eight is a reference to a book on Chaos Magic by Gordon White. Anything in that gallery has multiple meanings and/or is the focus of a magical act. Michael and Gabriel are Archangels. And no, I have not posted the NSFW version anywhere.  Perhaps I shall finish it and post it at DA.

Oh, I forgot about the archangels named Michael & Gabriel.

edited June 2017

It took a couple of re-dos on the morphing of the eyes and corrective issues around the lacrimentals, but I believe the issue is fixed with those eyes as best as can be done.  Just a quick tester on the facial rigging to make sure things worked and I rendered the one that amused me.  'Sides, you get a glimpse of his teeth morphs, too.

....and again.  Don't like those brows.  Gonna keep working on the skin and get back to them when I'm done, otherwise I'll get obsessive and never be happy.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
    edited June 2017

Finished with the facial painting.  Started the torso and hands (not shown, needs de-seamed) and tested out a fantasy set of ears and a HD morph add-on for a little more detail in the face.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love the ears.  And love the way that red is bleeding into the sides of his eyes.  Very cool!

Shoulders look like they are healing from sunburn blisters if you've ever experienced that or what to consider a new product.

Thanks, Sonja!

I haven't painted over the torso/arm portions of him just yet so yeah, they're a bit off-putting.  I've had seven layers of sun-burn blisters peel off of my arms/shoulders from a 2nd degree sunburn that left me with a 103 fever for two days years ago- not fun. 

Close up of the finished painted jawline- all the textures you see on his face are from photo resources now: 

When I'm done, I will de-seam the diffuse and start the process of adding details in by painting them into the bump maps, then tweak the normal/bump settings.

Close up of the finished painted jawline- all the textures you see on his face are from photo resources now: 

When I'm done, I will de-seam the diffuse and start the process of adding details in by painting them into the bump maps, then tweak the normal/bump settings.

Looks great

This discussion has been closed.