Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Thank you!  Working on legs atm.  Soon to be going to bed....but yarg.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
    edited June 2017

Mostly Nikolas for Genesis 3 Male...I took some creative liberties.

Post edited by evilded777 on

The creative liberties are well done!  The lighting in this is beautiful, and you really have a natural way of posing/expressions.  Love this, thank you for posting it!

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

Mostly Nikolas for Genesis 3 Male...I took some creative liberties.

Wow! The emotion in that expression is beyond words!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Looking good, Darwin! Loving the new guy, very interesting. The lines of his face are beautiful and unique. 

@evilded777 - Great render! What did you end up doing for the tears? I remember you were looking for a way to use the HD Tears for G3F on a G3M. 

Llynara said:

Looking good, Darwin! Loving the new guy, very interesting. The lines of his face are beautiful and unique. 

@evilded777 - Great render! What did you end up doing for the tears? I remember you were looking for a way to use the HD Tears for G3F on a G3M. 

Since I could not come up with any streaming tears, I settled for using Project EyeRay's morphs and materials to give that brimming tears look.

You've done an excellent job- I love this render.  Very emotive.

edited June 2017

So-an HDRI test on the skin.  At this point, it's about 80% photo resources with re-done bump and normal maps.  I still have more details to put onto the bump/normal maps for the skin, double check seams, etc.  Once this is final, then it will be the "junk" to do.  Then it will be onto the human eye color materials to go with the four fantasy, save his ear shape preset.  I have also added a corrective morph for the kink in G3M's neck when his head bends (which somehow I've never noticed before now) to give that area a more natural bunching of skin when his head is bowed.

Then it's off to his fantasy skin set!

I do have another 'fun' render to test him in with HDRI, a full scene of props, added emissive lights in the lamps, a fill and accent spot light each to see how his skin reacts going overnight. lol  May as well show it, if I'm going to render it.

Anywho- here is this one.  Time for bed.

Edit: realized.......I fergot his veins.  Bad crea-tor.  Tsk.  Will have to get those in as well.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

Found a few floating books, but here's the render.  Time to move on and get the rest of him done.  :) 

edited June 2017

He's coming along very well, Darwin! Don't beat yourself up too much. It's all part of that creative process (oh, the highs and lows!)

@evilded777 You did a great job with the brimming tears. I think it's the best I've seen without going the postwork route. 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Stunning work and the brimming tears looks great Evilded777

Wow he's coming along great Darwin.. I really really like his facial structure. 

I'm still playing with Lennox. 

goodbyes.jpg
    1950 x 1500 - 509K
    edited June 2017
    Llynara said:

He's coming along very well, Darwin! Don't beat yourself up too much. It's all part of that creative process (oh, the highs and lows!)

@evilded777 You did a great job with the brimming tears. I think it's the best I've seen without going the postwork route. 

Well thank you, I worked quite a bit with DimesionTheory's morphs to find what I thought was just the right look.  Of course, none of it would have worked without Darwin's wonderful texture.  I adore the fine spray of freckles across his chest and nose/cheeks.

Post edited by evilded777 on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

He looks really good.  Can't wait to see his fantasy skin!

Evilded777 beautiful job on that!

Thank you very much everyone.

Nice render, FM-3DL?  It's a nice sunset type lighting, too.

Well, with the new release out..more pics to come.

Did a commercial thread, but here's Keri for V8:

Thank you very much everyone.

Nice render, FM-3DL?  It's a nice sunset type lighting, too.

Thanks :) Nope Iray and postwork. I used  one of the sets from the Iray Skydome Super Pak from Magix 101. 

Sooo you been hiding stuff from us again lol .

Ohhh Keri is stunning. I'll definitely be getting her as soon as I can afford to get the new Vicky and the body and head morphs too. 

She is beautiful.  I am passing on V8 right now as well.  I can't justify it, I have a ton of G3F characters I haven't rendered yet.  For that matter, I have a ton G2F characters I haven't rendered yet lol.  I may get her a bit late but its not going to happen soon.

edited June 2017

Keri looks great! Reminds me of Kimberly (my namesake, LOL.) 

And just because I couldn't resist, here's Ahmad on V7 AND V8. It's not perfect, there are seams, especially on the head (easily covered with hair.) Kind of unavoidable since UV swap doesn't work right on V8. But I actually got his skin on her! HA!

PS Notice how much taller V8 is. I thought V7 was tall! 

Ahmad V7 V8.png
    1500 x 1433 - 2M
    Post edited by Llynara on

Nice work, FM!  And yup- gotta have surprises. XD  Thank you!

Thanks, Sonja-totally understand that thought, trust me.  I'm glad you like her, though. XD

Nice Llynara!  I never noticed the difference of height between them, but wow- now that you point that out...and I love that skin on her. XD  Thank you for buggering through that to show us. :) 

Fantasy skin:

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,147

That looks stunning.  I'm really looking forward to this character.

Thank you Darwin.

Oh wow beautiful skin. Are the red hands/arms a part of the fantasy skin or is it a blood layer (L.I.E. maybe)? 

Thank you both!  As for the coloring, it's part of his skin and I have it on his feet/calves as well.  No LIE, just coloring.  There will be a preset without the redness as well as this version for the complete fantasy set. ;)

LOVE the fantasy skin!

Thank you!  I've updated the overcoloring, so it may look a little different once I'm done, but essentially it should be the same. XD

Brow 2, natural eyes 4- this is a preview window render for Iray, not an actual render.  yet.  XD 

Brows 3, natural eyes 3, fantasy eye morphs: 

Ohh hello gorgeous! 

I love that his skin has several options and I really love his face and eyes. Great work!

thank you so much!  doing the cards/icons now, so when all of those are done I can do the randomizer to choose my tester!  Starting all over, so who knows it'll be. ;) 

This discussion has been closed.