Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Gorgeous work as usual, Darwin! Loving the fantasy skin and those huge irises. Wow!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Really really love his eyes.  and his jawline. Nicely done indeed!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I like the fantasy skin.  I can really see using that in a future render.  He has a very strong jaw morph that I really love.  Fantastic job on him.  :)

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Thank you so very much!  I really do appreciate that.  I believe I've won this challenge from my s/o again.  If I know him, he'll come up with another soon!

How is Oliver? Hope he's healthy and spending some time writing those great stories.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

thank you so much!  doing the cards/icons now, so when all of those are done I can do the randomizer to choose my tester!  Starting all over, so who knows it'll be. ;) 

Randomizer? Tester?

If there's a lottery, how do I get in?

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

Thank you so very much!  I really do appreciate that.  I believe I've won this challenge from my s/o again.  If I know him, he'll come up with another soon!

And really, wth.  I interviewed you and these folks know more about you than I do.  Oliver? And he writes? 

He's not doing so hot at the moment; lots of pain and numbness in his arms/hands/back/legs... and now his tooth.  As he says, he's a 'hot mess'.  

Evil- there's a list of testers I put together from people that visit the thread, I give them a number and use a randomizer app with those numbers to choose my next tester for a product.  If you want in, I'll add you to the listing. :) 

As for O writing- yes.  We do together, and most of the characters you've seen here have come out of those stories one way or another.  El was my latest challenge from O-Lennox was the first.  

thank you so much!  doing the cards/icons now, so when all of those are done I can do the randomizer to choose my tester!  Starting all over, so who knows it'll be. ;) 

Randomizer? Tester?

If there's a lottery, how do I get in?

I went ahead and put you on the list. ;)

And really, wth.  I interviewed you and these folks know more about you than I do.  Oliver? And he writes? 

It's all about asking those kinda questions!  lol

Ok- so!

I decided no tattoos this time around.  I've been gathering ideas, but nothing struck me for him so I think for once I'm going to just let the two skins stand as is.

two- the randomizer spoke and deathbycannon has gotten the roll!  I'll send a PM with his files as soon as they're zipped and provide a dropbox link. 

He's not doing so hot at the moment; lots of pain and numbness in his arms/hands/back/legs... and now his tooth.  As he says, he's a 'hot mess'.  

Evil- there's a list of testers I put together from people that visit the thread, I give them a number and use a randomizer app with those numbers to choose my next tester for a product.  If you want in, I'll add you to the listing. :) 

As for O writing- yes.  We do together, and most of the characters you've seen here have come out of those stories one way or another.  El was my latest challenge from O-Lennox was the first.  

Yikes!  Sorry to hear that O is a hot mess.  Sounds pretty bad.  Give him my best.  I hope things clear up soon.

Ok- so!

I decided no tattoos this time around.  I've been gathering ideas, but nothing struck me for him so I think for once I'm going to just let the two skins stand as is.

two- the randomizer spoke and deathbycannon has gotten the roll!  I'll send a PM with his files as soon as they're zipped and provide a dropbox link. 

While I love your tattoos, I suppose we can live with no tattoos this time.  I can definitely understand when the inspiration just isn't there.  

Thank you, KM.  I will.   As for the tats- there is inspiration, just nothing in the vein of what I feel should be on him.  I may change my mind between testing and submitting, but fot now it's meh.  XD

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600

How about spots one of these days? Like a cat or leopard dude. They aren't really tats.... They are skin markings. smiley

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

I'm sorry to hear that O isn't doing well. It sounds awful. I hope he gets better soon. Give him my  best.

No tats sounds like a good idea when you can't picture any of your ideas on his skin. 

Thanks, FM, I appreciate that.  He does as well.  I thought about that one, Serene, a while back and put it aside because I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in that kinda thing.  I may re-visit that idea.  THank you for reminding me. XD

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I am really loving your female charactor for G8!!!

Sorry to hear O is under the weather! Send him our best and tell him to get well soon. We miss him here! 

• I'm sorry to hear Oliver is ill. Hope he will get better soon. *warm hugs*

I've seen Lennox in the store... Now I need to get to my wallet somehow. He run off to Madagaskar and is ghosting me....

I gave him everyone's well wishes, he says "Aw, thank you!'

lol-Chanteur.  You better set up a trap or something, those little suckers are slippery.

I sure hope Oliver get better soon smiley

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,147

How about glowing or golden or silver alien runes or markings?  That could be a fun option although his shimmery skin is already unique and might not need any additional adornment. 

Thank you, Saph, I'll pass that along!

That is an idea, WE. I may see about something along that line if I can get the time in. :) Thank you!

Promo idea:

I am going to re-render these of course-silly me forgot to fix the render settings from the defaults. lol

Also realized I mucked up his base face bump-which is now fixed.  Saved the wrong brow and since I did that, mucked up the base face normal map as well, which is also fixed.  lol.  Removed the slight tilt to his head on both renders and gonna let them go at a much higher render setting each while at work to see how it finishes.  

I really like that idea of the split face features Darwin!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Tell Oliver I hope he feels better soon!

Oh my gosh, I really really love this one Darwin. He might be your best yet.  Sometimes, simple is just right.

And I second the idea of spots or even stripes like a tiger.  Would be very cool but not necessarily on this guy.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Oh I love him and the split face image is awesome. Looking forward to seeing the final image.

edited June 2017

Thank you!

I will, Sonja-he's home ...again.. with Strep.  I really hope this ends for him soon.

I thought of a type of striped look to him but it didn't pan out well the first time I attempted.  I may see about something this weekend after I get his fixes done.  ;)  The first part of that split promo took over 22 hours to render-seems I didn't save the settings from the normal look to the fantasy look and will have to re-render it again.  Oi.  Thank you, FM!

And Keri is released today! https://www.daz3d.com/keri-for-victoria-8 ;

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

I like the promo idea.  It looks a little off to me since the line doesn't go down the center of his nose but that just might be me.  I like it though.  I saw that Lennox came out and couldn't resist getting him.  Unfortunately, that means Kerri will have to wait a little bit until I have more store credit.  I do plan to get her, though.  I did want to say that I love her tats as those look really cool.  I love that emissive effect to the tattoos.  I've tried doing that on my own and haven't had much luck.  I'm looking forward to seeing under the hood when I get Keri so I can look at all of the maps.  She looks great.  :)

Luckily, I have lots of plans with Lennox and he's up next as soon as I finish doing postwork on my current render which just finished.  Once he's rendering, I really need to get some writing in as I haven't written a thing in three days!  Too busy playing with G8 stuff.

Glad to hear the SO is home!  He's having such a hard time with that strep.  Does he still have his tonsils?  When I was a teen, I had a lot of issues with strep throat and they ripped those suckers right out.  Okay, maybe not ripped though it felt like it at the time.  I have no idea if tonsillectomies are still considered a helpful remedy though.  That was too many years ago and none of the boys have had any issues with that so I'm way out of the loop on strep issues.  Hopefully, everything will get better soon.

This discussion has been closed.