Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

This was lit only with one of DimensionTheory's HDRIs; no other lights in the scene.  I thought I subd'd the blond hair, but it seems like it didn't do much of a job, but other than that I liked the difference between the two versions. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

That promo looks like it should be a poster for some twin-based horror movie!

Thank you!  I kinda thought so myself. lol

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Thank you Darwin and Sonja. So far it looks like my surgery was a succes :D  I won't hijack the thread so the short version is this : A little over 2 years ago I suddenly developed Graves Disease ( Hyperthyroidism) . Then after a year of treatments , I started getting double vision (Graves Eye Disease ,TED) . They have been trying to fix it with glasses with Prisms and then Steroid treatments ,but none of it have helped much. So after a year of having Double Vision etc they decided to try and correct it  with eye surgery on my left eye. So Monday I had surgery and Tuesday I got the bandage of and YAY , so far , no more double vision. Well except when I move my eyes to fast or right after I wake up or if I get tired in the eyes, which is normal the first couple of weeks since the eyes and brain needs to figure out that things are back to normal :) 

Wow that promo is awesome Darwin and I agree with vwrangler, it does look like a promo for a horror movie. Great stuff! 

On a side note, I think Ahmad is mad a me :O 

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Love the promo, very yin and yang - multiple personality disorder? :D 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

It's kind of got that creepy twin thing from The Shining going on there,. Red rum! Red rum! 

• This was lit only with one of DimensionTheory's HDRIs; no other lights in the scene.  I thought I subd'd the blond hair, but it seems like it didn't do much of a job, but other than that I liked the difference between the two versions. 

I agree with the rest, it does look a movie poster. Very intriguing. 

I'm very happy for you things are getting back to normal, Ferretmania.  Good to hear it went well, too.  Thank you, but why is Ahmad mad at you???  lol

Maybe, deathbycannon, maybe!  Ya never know!  Thank you!

RedRum! "Run, Dude!" (Reference from a paranormal show we used to watch-lol) Thank you! 

Thanks, Chanteur-de-Vent, I kinda was going for that and kinda not really.  50% Happy Accident, 50% trying to put them together as requested by Daz. lol

edited May 2017

Thank you Darwin :)

Ehm I had the same idea as Linwelly, so changed it a bit, Apparently he doesn't like being stuck in a lamp :P 

djiin.jpg
    1500 x 1759 - 315K
    Post edited by Ferretmania on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ehm I had the same idea as Linwelly, so changed it a bit, Apparently he doesn't like being stuck in a lamp :P 

Apparently not!  Looks great!  And glad that the surgery seems to have fixed things for you.  Always good news

Good news indeed!  and yes, he looks PISSED.  Well done!  I like! (he may not, but hey-you're the artist, he's not!)

edited May 2017

Awesome pic, Ferretmania! Love the effects too. 

One more comment on the twin pic. There seems to be a story going on there. The one in the back looks ticked at the one in the front for burning him, and appears to be plotting his revenge. Perhaps the "fairer one" didn't like competition, even from an identical twin...Kind of a "Brother Dearest" thing.

Creepy all around! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,917

Nice one there and I guess a djinn invites ideas with bottles and floating with lots of smoke, good to have you back with us Ferretmainia!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    edited May 2017

I am thinking with Oliver around Darwin is gonna be swearing so much more giggles!!!

Edited to Add: Where are my manners, Hello Oliver welcome to our mad little family here so nice to finally meet you!!

Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited May 2017

​Nik: Wait...you want me to put on shirt?!

So, I've really enjoyed testing Nik but haven't an opportunity to post anything, due to my day job demands. Anyhow, here's a quick render no postwork. I love his tattoos! Hence, he get's to go shirtless whenever he wants blush

Trish

wear-a-shirt.jpg
    1000 x 1294 - 801K
    Post edited by Stormlyght on

Thank you Sonja, Darwin, Llynare and Linwelly for your wonderful comments . I'm glad you all like my Djiin image,I had so much fun making it.

Yeah I'm so glad to have my eyes working together again. Now My eyes and Brain just need to adjust to it and get used to it too so I don't get tired all the time lol but that's normal for the first 2 weeks :D 

Ohh Llyna great scenario on the twins. Creepy indeed.

​Nik: Wait...you want me to put on shirt?!

So, I've really enjoyed testing Nik but haven't an opportunity to post anything, due to my day job demands. Anyhow, here's a quick render no postwork. I love his tattoos! Hence, he get's to go shirtless whenever he wants blush

Trish

He looks great Stormlyght. Love the lighting and I think he should go shirtless all the time too :P 

He's like "Pay me five bucks, and I MIGHT put it back on"... Nicely done, Stormlyght, thank you!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I'll pay him five bucks to keep it off...

LOL Sonja!

You guys crack me up...

Great image Trish

LOL- They do, don't they?

Much swearing this morning- BUT progress on the challenge.  Which is good. ;)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I am with Sonja I would pay him 5 bucks to keep it off I so enjoy looking at him shirtless!!!

edited May 2017

Sneak peak at the challenge morph I started for Oliver- Lennox.  He's wearing Evan's skin atm.  I do believe I've captured a realtively close likeness. XD

This one is before some minute tweaking: 

and after the minor tweaks, but to me it made a world of difference:

The renders are grainy- I apologize for that, but I was impatient and only let them render for about 5 minutes.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

What a beautiful challenge :) 

Ohh he looks great :) 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600

This was lit only with one of DimensionTheory's HDRIs; no other lights in the scene.  I thought I subd'd the blond hair, but it seems like it didn't do much of a job, but other than that I liked the difference between the two versions. 

This is an awesome image nice work

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

@Ferrtmania  Good to hear everything was successful.  :)

I like Lennox a lot.  Very nice! He has a nice chiseled look to his face that appeals to me.  :)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,147

Lennox looks great, love the look.  He'll be perfect as an intense/determined character.

Ooh, he's purty, Darwin! 

This discussion has been closed.