Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• Thank you!

Don't know how much I'll be posting-or anyone else for that matter in the US-with Thanksgiving coming up, but I hope everyone has a great holiday this week!  Thank you, everyone, for walking with me in this journey of craziness. I apprecaite ya.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,666

We are just pleased to go along with you on your journeys and hope you will still keep us in the looplaugh

• Showing off a couple of renders:

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Really nice! Love the family picture! I wouldn't want to be the boyfriend for daddy's little girl when she grows up though, somehow I can totally see him as overprotective and threatening :)

Wow what a great family portrait, and I agree with Carol woudl not want to be the boyfriend trying to date that little girl!!

• pruggipruggi Posts: 151

Darwin, this is so lovely - as others have already mentioned, the family portrait looks wonderful, and the lower picture that shows off that tattoo... exquisite! I can't wait... 

• Great family portrait!  Happy Thanksgiving! Pies are done here and it smells like turkey and poultry seasoning at my house. It's already making me hungry. I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving.  :)

• Aw, thank you everyone!  Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving as well. :)  We're full and turkey comatose (or just about) at this point.

Yeah- that poor girl not only has her father, but all of her uncles, cousins and brothers to worry about. Not to mention Nonno (grandpa- the Head of this Family, if retired.  Giovanni is the Head, but Liam will always be the Patriarch.).  Any boy setting sights on her better pray there isn't a jar somewhere with his name on it.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868
    edited November 2017

... Liam?

Also, how did an Irishman wander into that family?

... Are Lennox and Iain somehow related to these people?

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited November 2017

Well...  In the story Liam visited Sicily from Ireland during one of his IRA working trips in his early 20's and "stumbled' across Rosa, a native Sicilian, and wouldn't leave again until she agreed to marry him. Eventually they moved back to Ireland and then Giovanni was born.  Lennox and Iain are not related, but small parts of the main story itself further down the line. 

Giovanni's wife is Sicilian as well, but a native Sicilian and hence her darker coloring than Giovanni.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
    edited November 2017

Ah, I see. Liam sounds ... unpleasant. And ... all these people are in the Irish mob?

And to unpack what was admittedly a seriously unclear question that probably needed a few more words here and there: is Liam someone we might be seeing further down the line?

• Depending on who he's interacting with, Liam, I guess. XD  He is Irish Mob, his wife was not-and when Giovanni and Salvatore got old enough they busted into the Italian Mob.  More ways to make money while making money with honest hard work.

I'm hoping to get Liam and Rosa done in the future, yes!  I think Mama and her "old goat" would be priceless together. 

Sounds like we are begining to ride down the mob history lane and it is going to be a merry ride indeed!!!

edited November 2017

Depending on who he's interacting with, Liam, I guess. XD  He is Irish Mob, his wife was not-and when Giovanni and Salvatore got old enough they busted into the Italian Mob.  More ways to make money while making money with honest hard work.

I'm hoping to get Liam and Rosa done in the future, yes!  I think Mama and her "old goat" would be priceless together. 

Aw! It's going to be like "West Side Story/Romeo and Juliet", only older and less corpse-filled! (... Well, not their corpses, anyway.) And it will be interesting to see how you work with very old characters, if that's a direction you mean to try.

You have to give Rosa a best friend so they can do a rousing chorus of "A boy like that". (Hey, given that relationship, someone would be saying something like that. Probably several someones on both sides. Light weaponry might be involved.)

• LOL-perhaps, Saph.  Perhaps. :) I hope to try the patriarch and matriarch of the family, vrangler, yup!  Eventually.  Need to practice my Sculptris work before, though. and lol at the idea of some sort of chorus with Mama and her bff. 

• Raw render. XD

• That's such a playful pose and nice job on the dress! I love how it sits on her foot. Looking good. :)

• Thank you!  That was by accident- the original pose of the dress split through her leg, and using the back up morph...it ended up on her foot. lol  So I left it there. XD  Almost done with promos-yay!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited November 2017

Moving onto Jeremy once more.  So-this is the base MR resource (Which is already kitbashed from 3 MR skin sets) I am going to use for the photo resources to be added against.  When I'm done, he should look much different.  I think I like the skin settings on this one, so I'm keeping them to see how the new skin, once it's done, reacts.  The eyes, though, are his first set.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • CherubitCherubit Posts: 992

Moving onto Jeremy once more.  So-this is the base MR resource (Which is already kitbashed from 3 MR skin sets) I am going to use for the photo resources to be added against.  When I'm done, he should look much different.  I think I like the skin settings on this one, so I'm keeping them to see how the new skin, once it's done, reacts.  The eyes, though, are his first set.

So beautiful!

He is damn good looking but I do have to pick on him just a bit DM.

His lips look like they are very dry with really white spots all over them and those same white spots are on his chin (Is that on purpose?)

• Not picking. XD  No, they're specular from the angle of the lights, actually.  The white spots on his chin are from his scruff. ;) 

• Beautiful character I really like that hair on him too

• thank you!  I'm actually doing a test render with the start of his facial skin- there's still some areas that need worked on, but I needed a look before going further.  I'll post it when it's finished. 

• He looks good so far. One of these days, a tutorial of your process for making morphs and skins would be awesome. Maybe you could put something together and sell it in the store.  I know I'd buy a start to finish tutorial by my favorite character artist. Of course, you might not want to give away all of your secrets. But, I'd buy it.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Well, hello handsome! More gorgeous men to add to the runtime! I'm liking Jeremy already! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

He looks great, love the stubble

• Heck-I'd need serious time to try and sit down and do a character tutorial front to back.  It's an idea, though!  Thanks for that, KM.

Ha-glad you like the initial first version, Llynara.

So, the start of the process.  His face is 90% photo resource, 10% the kitbashed merchant resource. However, I stopped with the photo resource at the top of his forehead and before the ear area to avoid seam issues at this point.  I'll work on that area once he goes into Blacksmith.  This first stage is all in Photoshop splicing sections from the photo resource pack.  There are still areas to work on- between his brows, upper lip area, but as a first step, not bad.  Will need to amp up the bump of the brows and possibly straighten them out a bit-that will be done later, since I have the brows on a separate layer of the main skin .psd file and it can be tweaked another time.

Will have to re-work the spec on his skin, since the lighting change took most of it off, I need to dig into the layers of gloss/spec and see about working a happy medium area that will work in most light rigs.

I may have to go into Hexagon as well and tweak his eye area, they seem a little wonky to me and since I'm picky as all get out-this will bother me until I do.  For now, though, I'm going to concentrate on his skin.  Morph fixing can come later.

Once the teak of the gloss/spec settings render finishes, I'll post that and be out for the night.  Tomorrow will be blacksmith work for the neck area  and fixing the minor issues on his face in Photoshop before going onto his torso area.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I'm loving the gloss on your recent characters. It really makes them look fabulous in all kinds of lighting. It adds something to the renders- they are very photoreal but also look great when run through Photoshop for a more painted look. They come out looking like classical art. Very lovely! 

Not picking. XD  No, they're specular from the angle of the lights, actually.  The white spots on his chin are from his scruff. ;) 

Oh ok I thought it might have been on purpose giggles silly me!!

He is yet another handsome dude that I am needing a bucket for all the drool!!

This discussion has been closed.