Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• @Llynara Thanks, sweetie.  It's #30 from the iRadiance Light Probe HDR Lighting for Iray. I love using HDR lighting. All of the iRadiance light probes are my fall back lighting for when I'm just playing around and mostly doing test renders to see how different lighting interacts with the skin.  I posted screenshots of the environment tab with the dome setting and a screenshot of my tone mapping tab on my thread so that anyone who wants can pick it apart and try it out for themselves. I did do a little bit of post work but not much.

• Just wanted to say- thank you so very much to everyone for such a great release for Guiseppe!

Also- I have been busy of late, so the responses here have been sporatic and I apologize.  I ended up having a molar surgically extracted Monday afternoon, so I may be persona non gratis for a lil' bit.  ....I figured I'd stop in while waiting for the pain meds to kick in so I can go back to sleep. :)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

oohh ouchie.. hope you get better soon DM *sends hugs and chicken soup*

• Thanks so much!  Funny thing is...I think I have about 6 cans of that soup here for the next few days. lol

• Ouch sounds painful. 

I hope you feel better soon :) 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,666

Ouchies DM that is no fun at all getting molars removed, I sure hope you feel better soon.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Hope you feel better quickly!

• Just wanted to say- thank you so very much to everyone for such a great release for Guiseppe!

Also- I have been busy of late, so the responses here have been sporatic and I apologize.  I ended up having a molar surgically extracted Monday afternoon, so I may be persona non gratis for a lil' bit.  ....I figured I'd stop in while waiting for the pain meds to kick in so I can go back to sleep. :)

Oh, no fun! Get some rest when you can, DM! Sleep is good for you.  {{Hugs}}

• Trying!  All I did yesterday was sleep.  And try two promos..........which I can't use.

This was for Gio-but after 6.5 hours at 14% I gave up.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I ended up having a molar surgically extracted Monday afternoon, so I may be persona non gratis for a lil' bit.  ....I figured I'd stop in while waiting for the pain meds to kick in so I can go back to sleep. :)

Been there, done that. You have my deepest sympathies, as well as my bestest wishes for swift recovery. Sleep as much as you can; we'll still be here whenever you come by. Grandmotherly hugs.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Did you want me to send you the stuff I did on your other project?  I'm having a blast with it and I think everyone is really going to enjoy that one.

• Sure thank you!!

And...what I've been working on:

'

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Gorgeous! And it looks like he's got a scar going through his brow. Very cool- gives him some history.

• He's cute! :)

• Thank you both. XD 

• Another stunning hunk . Looks really good. Great work! 

• Thank you!

Something I'm also working on- WIP mode, she still needs a lot of work.  Lillyanna, Giovanni's youngest daughter.  

• pruggipruggi Posts: 151

Thank you!

Something I'm also working on- WIP mode, she still needs a lot of work.  Lillyanna, Giovanni's youngest daughter.  

Wow this is lovely!! And she looks so similar to a friend of mine from Bulgaria! Beautiful features

• Ohhh she's really lovely and very cute  DM :) 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Very cute little one for sure..  and looks like she is trying to be an little angel while being up to some mishief :)

• Thank you!  I'm working on her facial morphs more tonight.  We'll see if I can de-age her features a bit more to fit the 9-12 range I'm trying for.

• Still tweaking.  Here is Lillyanna with her mother, Carmella. XD

• Still tweaking.  Here is Lillyanna with her mother, Carmella. XD

Very nice! I like them both. A lot!

• Thank you!  My s/o suggested rounding out her kiddo face a bit more, so I'm updating that and will post a render of the next version. XD

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868
    edited November 2017

I don't know if this is even workable, but ... maybe swap the faces and characters? Lillyana's face reads older, and Carmella reads younger (... well, younger than Lilyana, if not exactly "young").

How old is each of them supposed to be as their default?

I've been wondering, what made you decide to approach these characters as one big family?

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Lillyanna is going to be somewhere between 9-11, Carmella in her early 30's.  Working up a render for the new kiddo face now, actually. ;)  

Well, honestly, they are a part of a story that my s/o and I wrote over the years of a Sicilian/Irish family that was part of the Irish Brothers/IRA and the Italian/Sicilian Mob.  They have been part of our conversations for over a decade, and have their own character inside of my head so I thought-why not?

• pruggipruggi Posts: 151

Just out of curiousity (not that I exactly need it now), but do you plan [sometime in the future] to add interactive license options to any of your characters? :)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Lillyanna is going to be somewhere between 9-11, Carmella in her early 30's.  Working up a render for the new kiddo face now, actually. ;)  

Well, honestly, they are a part of a story that my s/o and I wrote over the years of a Sicilian/Irish family that was part of the Irish Brothers/IRA and the Italian/Sicilian Mob.  They have been part of our conversations for over a decade, and have their own character inside of my head so I thought-why not?

OMG. I can relate to that. I have a lot of people in my head all wanting their own books! 

I agree with Oliver, Lillyanna needs a chubbier face.They both look great though! 

• Mother and daughter look great so far. And, yeah, I agree with Oliver, too. I think a little bit more rounding will help to get her closer to that age bracket you want. Cute so far!

• lol-thank you for the suggestions, and you're all right.  Redid her face altogether.

Pruggi- Gio, in fact, will have the interactive license.  I plan to do that for the rest of the characters from here on out as well. ;) 

This discussion has been closed.