Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,666

Wow the skin is really taking shape DM!!

• Thank you both!

lol- Saph, you're too amusing. XD  The next post of the updated skin gloss will be the last tonight.  I think I'm going to fix the issues on the face material before going onto the torso.  So, when that happens, I'll post again.  Gonna be kinda busy tomorrow night and Friday is the work party, so it may be a few days, actually.

• Last one for a bit.  Updated gloss on the skin.  When I have time, I'll fix the issues I see in the facial map before moving on.  Have a great night!

• Heck-I'd need serious time to try and sit down and do a character tutorial front to back.  It's an idea, though!  Thanks for that, KM.

You're very welcome. I have tons of ideas for your increasing workload! Unfortunately, if I told you all of them, you might never speak to me again. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to give you more time to do everything. I'm terrible at time management. It's a character flaw, but I'm working on it.

• He's looking awesom, loving the eyebrows, very masculine. +1 to buying a tutorial. I have one that shows the whole choppy paint thing in photoshop but doing seams is intimidating and blacksmith is just scary lol

• ah, it's not so bad deathbycannon..Really.  I may do a tutorial eventually.  For now, I have to work on Jeremy, and there are two other projects I'm working on as well atm.  

Some of my time got eaten up yesterday from the ER visit I had from work.  People and their perfume.  *sigh* Anywhoo-I'm good now, and back to work.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Glad you're feeling better!  Hope it's not a co-worker. They'd either nicely (at first) be told to tone it down or (then)  stay out of my area, and then if that fails, get the supervisor involved,  I wouldn't put up with it. It's just plain rude after they know they've got it on too strong or it's bothering someone. 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Oh, no fun! Sounds like an asthma attack. Glad you're okay! 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,666

I sure hope you are feeling better now DM.

• ah, it's not so bad deathbycannon..Really.  I may do a tutorial eventually.  For now, I have to work on Jeremy, and there are two other projects I'm working on as well atm.  

Some of my time got eaten up yesterday from the ER visit I had from work.  People and their perfume.  *sigh* Anywhoo-I'm good now, and back to work.

Ugh, I know what you mean. I simply can't breathe when that happens! Cologne, perfume, you name it I can't handle strong smells like that. Sounds like you have it even worse than me. I never ended up in the ER for it. My sympathies and I'm glad you're better. 

As @Novica says, I would really talk to your boss about that. Maybe they can talk to the person. A person should be able to work and not have to smell that!

• What a horrible experience. I'm glad you're feeling better .

Ugh, I know what you mean. I simply can't breathe when that happens! Cologne, perfume, you name it I can't handle strong smells like that. Sounds like you have it even worse than me. I never ended up in the ER for it. My sympathies and I'm glad you're better. 

As @Novica says, I would really talk to your boss about that. Maybe they can talk to the person. A person should be able to work and not have to smell that!

The sad thing is, some people simply refuse to acknowledge that some people actually do have allergic reactions to perfumes and colognes. My stepdad used to say that my mom's sinus problem was "all in your head".

The sad thing is, some people simply refuse to acknowledge that some people actually do have allergic reactions to perfumes and colognes.

Probably because that's what the research shows.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 2017

The sad thing is, some people simply refuse to acknowledge that some people actually do have allergic reactions to perfumes and colognes.

Probably because that's what the research shows.

I don't want to derail @DarwinsMishap thread. I generally note when there seems to be misinformation out there and "hold my tongue," however in this instance, I will have to stand my ground. We will have to respectfully agree to disagree. It's not "all in your head..." for everyone. Try telling that to an asthmatic child as you jab an epi-pen in their thigh.

People with asthma and certain types of autoimmune disorders such as a mast cell activation disorder can have a severe histamine response triggered, causing a life threatening reaction to a variety of things including strong perfumes...there is even research showing that the air fresheners that people plug into the wall can severely affect sufferers of asthma. Okay. I'm going to go hide back in my corner again. Glad you're feeling better @DarwinsMishap.

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Asthma is most typically from mold spores. If one has experienced such an allergic attack they should note it with their doctor as medical history tracking is getting better with computerized databases doing comparisons among patients and episodes to see commonalities among sufferers. I am lucky my asthma is only caused by working in hay in damp fall weather & such environments as it is very scary to try and draw a breath and to find you can't. surprise

• Asthma is most typically from mold spores. If one has experienced such an allergic attack they should note it with their doctor as medical history tracking is getting better with computerized databases doing comparisons among patients and episodes to see commonalities among sufferers. I am lucky my asthma is only caused by working in hay in damp fall weather & such environments as it is very scary to try and draw a breath and to find you can't. surprise

I know this all too well, having dealt with it since childhood. It sometimes fades to the point I don't need medication to deal with it, but changes in weather, especially drastic temperature changes can get me just as much as pollen or animal dander.

• Thank you, everyone.

I've had this issue three times before- with one other visit to the ER that took more than a few hours to have my lungs calm down.  The asthmatic triggers for me are certain kinds of women's perfumes (usually the high end, $70 a bottle kind), there are a few chemicals, air fresheners and cold air-unless I'm sick with some sort of chest cold.  My entire upper lung area completely freaks out and triest to close up.  Thankfully, I  am not reliant on the inhalers on a day to day, or even month to month basis.

I appreciate everyone's well wishes!  Adore you guys/gals! 

Thank you, everyone.

I've had this issue three times before- with one other visit to the ER that took more than a few hours to have my lungs calm down.  The asthmatic triggers for me are certain kinds of women's perfumes (usually the high end, $70 a bottle kind), there are a few chemicals, air fresheners and cold air-unless I'm sick with some sort of chest cold.  My entire upper lung area completely freaks out and triest to close up.  Thankfully, I  am not reliant on the inhalers on a day to day, or even month to month basis.

I appreciate everyone's well wishes!  Adore you guys/gals! 

I think some of the expensive ones have natural extracts of materials from nature that cause a hint of a musky smell. I am glad I haven't encountered those toiletries yet. Some types will set me off sneezing like crazy, much better than an asthma attack! Good luck it is perfume season during the winter holidays!

• What's that buzzing noise I hear? wink

What's that buzzing noise I hear? wink

I had halogen lamps that would make an aweful buzzing noise at 3 am every moring waking me up. I took me a while to find the problem as something so loud from a tiny lamp bulb was completely unexpected.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Downloading Giovanni now. I'm really excited about using all three brothers in a scene. Thank you for such gorgeous guys, DM.

• Awesome, thank you!  Can't wait to see what you do with him and the boys. :) 

And-linkage: https://www.daz3d.com/giovanni-for-genesis-3-and-8-male-s

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Yay! Family renders here I come!

• lol-I can’t wait to see some renders.  :)

• Ah, he looks great, DM! I'm on a buying freeze right now, but I hope to pick him up soon. He definitely belongs in my collection of men. He looks fabulous!

• Aw, I understand that one. XD  Thank you!

And..my s/o gave me another challenge.  All I can say is...........>.> I can't say it here.  Let's just say he had me cursing in the car tonight on the way home. lol

• Aw, I understand that one. XD  Thank you!

And..my s/o gave me another challenge.  All I can say is...........>.> I can't say it here.  Let's just say he had me cursing in the car tonight on the way home. lol

Lol! SOs are good for that. I'm sure you're up for the challenge. I have confidence in you.  :)

• Congrats on the new release Darwin, he looks fantastic. I'm also on a spending freeze, just to close too Christmas and the kids expect presents. lol Can't wait to see everyone else's renders though! Also still waiting to see the one we keep getting teasers about hit the store. :) 

• Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
    edited December 2017

Well, here is a render with Giovanni (G3M version) being confronted by Hive (the G3F version of character I'm working on) and a drone (Stonemason's Recon Drone). He doesn't look too happy, does he?

Not too happy.png
    1000 x 1300 - 937K
    Post edited by Daywalker Designs on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,909

I'm sure she's just talking about his fashion style :D @2daywalkerDesigns

This discussion has been closed.