Animation Clubs 3rd animation finished. Watch the final film now.

Comments

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Oh no I don't want to give away the punchline.  Makes more sense not to have it... I'd better go back and read the storyline again.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    wgdjohn said:

Oh no I don't want to give away the punchline.  Makes more sense not to have it... I'd better go back and read the storyline again.

Do it, man! Make a cool title! Try it out in Carrara with the text modeler, or even some other software... draw out a cool title and maybe some cool elements - like those credits styles and such - we could use some examples of stuff. Especially at this phase in the game! ;)

Oh yes I want to do it just for the practice.  Been setting up my Carrara Challenge scene tonight... just started it out. Might just make/start an example animation of what I was talking about... one I do one letters/words could be different of course.

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited November 2016

Maybe for the title just have the name of the town, something like Jericho Junction? or Cactus Corner?

wgdjohn said:

Post edited by mmoir on

Dart, Mike,  I've messed around with getting lighting and camera angle are somewhat acceptable, to me. Would this do?  Let me know if you have any suggestions or want something entirely different.  This uses the default camera and 2 copies of it placed, set, strategically. :)  The shaders are only temporary for now.

CactusCorner_introscreen.png
    1024 x 576 - 220K

It looks good to me.yes

wgdjohn said:

Dart, Mike,  I've messed around with getting lighting and camera angle are somewhat acceptable, to me. Would this do?  Let me know if you have any suggestions or want something entirely different.  This uses the default camera and 2 copies of it placed, set, strategically. :)  The shaders are only temporary for now.

Great... now I'll go start animating it. :)

Okay, I have modeled a Motel and the land around it. This is supposed to be on the outside of town close to the gas station I did earlier.  I also tweaked the motorcycle model that comes with carrara to look a little better for close up shots.   I will start uploading these files shortly.

Motel-bike.jpg
    1507 x 727 - 160K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited November 2016

looks great...

I tried to model a vulture and ended up with this creature!... lol

Vulture.jpg
    640 x 480 - 85K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited November 2016

Okay, here is the links to the carrara files for you guys to download. The images for these models I posted earlier in this thread.

Car & truck models

Gas Station model

Motel Model

MotorCycle Model

Post edited by mmoir on

This is a great modelyes ,  I think it will work perfect in the opening scene.  

Stezza said:

looks great...

mmoir said:

This is a great modelyes ,  I think it will work perfect in the opening scene.  

Stezza said:

looks great...

+1 yes

mmoir said:

Okay, here is the links to the carrara files for you guys to download. The images for these models I posted earlier in this thread.

Car & truck models

Gas Station model

Motel Model

MotorCycle Model

Sweet!

Questions about animating the "Cactus Corners" text... How long shoud the opening credits last?  How long in seconds.

I've created a "Cactus" text group in which each letter is a seperate text object. I've been holding myself back from changing them to vertex objects since that would create more vertices.

wgdjohn, 

I would use the intro for Spooky nite as a guide as it seemed okay, I don't know how many seconds it was. 5 or 6?   I wouldn't worry too much about the vertices with the text

wgdjohn said:

Questions about animating the "Cactus Corners" text... How long shoud the opening credits last?  How long in seconds.

I've created a "Cactus" text group in which each letter is a seperate text object. I've been holding myself back from changing them to vertex objects since that would create more vertices.

mmoir said:

wgdjohn, 

I would use the intro for Spooky nite as a guide as it seemed okay, I don't know how many seconds it was. 5 or 6?   I wouldn't worry too much about the vertices with the text

wgdjohn said:

Check the timing of the one on YouTube. 3DAGE made a realy cool animation, and I wanted it to last a little longer, so I stretched its timing out in Vegas. 

Again... sorry for my absence. I get time here and there to check the forum and make some comments, but that's been about it.

After a whole lot of tests, it turns out my Niece's young, non-smoking husband, new father of two little girls, is now dying of cancer. He finally went in to have his strange cough looked at. After some initial tests, they found some small traces of cancer and said they could remove it, but needed to run more tests to see if there's any more anywhere else. He's filled with it - originated in his bones and spread everywhere. Sucks.

I'm still happy to build this thing and render it, edit it... whatever you all want me to do with it. It just might take a little time.

If anyone else wants to do it... by all means! It's a lot of fun to do, and is great experience!

Looks like we still need some stuff made anyway. I'm keeping an eye here for the timing of stuff. Are we going to do a storyboard, or just wing it? Chickenman... is your daughter interested?

Thanks Mike and Dart,  I did time the Spooky Nite intro... at 13 it is fading out.. I'll see if I can get everything on screne and into position very quickly so it will still be able to remain in place for a 2nd or so before fade out.  I'll aim for 5 or 6.  Thanks again.

I agree that 3DAGE did a very nice job on the intro for Spooky Night.

Hey Dart,  

Sorry to hear about your niece's husband , I hope things go as well as they can.  

Anyways, don't worry to much about this project , just work on it if/when you want to. 

Again... sorry for my absence. I get time here and there to check the forum and make some comments, but that's been about it.

After a whole lot of tests, it turns out my Niece's young, non-smoking husband, new father of two little girls, is now dying of cancer. He finally went in to have his strange cough looked at. After some initial tests, they found some small traces of cancer and said they could remove it, but needed to run more tests to see if there's any more anywhere else. He's filled with it - originated in his bones and spread everywhere. Sucks.

I'm still happy to build this thing and render it, edit it... whatever you all want me to do with it. It just might take a little time.

If anyone else wants to do it... by all means! It's a lot of fun to do, and is great experience!

Looks like we still need some stuff made anyway. I'm keeping an eye here for the timing of stuff. Are we going to do a storyboard, or just wing it? Chickenman... is your daughter interested?

Here is an image of some generic buildings to make up the city blocks.  I also attached the zip of the carrara file.

BuildingsModels.jpg
    1345 x 789 - 83K
    zip
    zip
    DowntownBuildings.zip
    4M
    edited November 2016

@Dartanbeck I know how you feel.. my sister was diagnosed last week with same .. sux big time no

Post edited by Stezza on

Here is the vulture and texture map.... see how it goes .. the poor thing!

zip
    zip
    Vulture.zip

I didn't hear anyone mention that they make any crayons so wipped up a few myself... these use 2 shader domains, one for crayon and one for the paper, they are just simple colors... feel free to change them if they might work out.

zip
    zip
    Crayons_01.zip
    Crayons_1.png
    640 x 480 - 94K

Thanks guys.

Woke up today thinking about designing a simple box for the crayons and a lid... I then thought about those crayons... they are HUGE. :(  I'd better try my intro text animation before messing around with anything else.

Dart, I was just going to go from the original written story by stezza, each number represents a panel of the storyboard. So....I think his original story had 6 points to it , so there is 6 different panels to our storyboard, you could add some scenes if you feel you need to.  

Don't worry about the size, whoever sets up the scene will size to make it fit scene.

wgdjohn said:

Woke up today thinking about designing a simple box for the crayons and a lid... I then thought about those crayons... they are HUGE. :(  I'd better try my intro text animation before messing around with anything else.

edited November 2016

I've a preliminary Opening Title anim, included is the .car file.  I'd like to add one more thing... have the "a" char move out of place when the "C" bumps into it.  I rendered it as an .avi but the file size was 248mb. The anim is 6 secs and 24 fps. Please let me know if I should change anything.

The anim is not like I descibed earlier... but a bit similar in only one way.

zip
    zip
    CactusCorner_OpeningTitle_01.zip
    Post edited by wgdjohn on
    mmoir said:

Dart, I was just going to go from the original written story by stezza, each number represents a panel of the storyboard. So....I think his original story had 6 points to it , so there is 6 different panels to our storyboard, you could add some scenes if you feel you need to.  

Perfect!

edited November 2016

today I knocked up a garbage bin with a couple of morphs

1. a dent morph

2. hide cat/toy morph

Garbage Bin.jpg
    640 x 480 - 19K
    zip
    zip
    Garbage Bin.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on