Animation Clubs 3rd animation finished. Watch the final film now.

Comments

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821

Hey Guys,

Here is a prelim of my scene 3 animation and  I have to fix the timing on a few things but I thought I would show it to you guys.  The one thing that is bugging me is you can't seem to animate the palm trees.  Does anyone know a way to make the palm trees blow in the wind.  Will I have to convert it to a mesh and then apply some morphs?

I ended up just converting the palm tree to a vertex object and adding a morph target, I haven't looked how much the vertex mesh added to the scene yet.  wink

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    mmoir said:

I can start working on this again, my other 3d work got in the way of this. frown

I had something entirely different going on with the previous scene, with the dust trail leaving in the same direction we're going - so away from the camera on the other side of town - hence on a road.

After seeing it play back, the dust trail really gets lost among the desert and the town. I'll try this one with the dust trail coming kind of toward the camera but to the right and left. 

Same here.

mmoir said:

I am sure this would be fine, I picture the cars leaving in all directions so what you did should work.  

I had something entirely different going on with the previous scene, with the dust trail leaving in the same direction we're going - so away from the camera on the other side of town - hence on a road.

After seeing it play back, the dust trail really gets lost among the desert and the town. I'll try this one with the dust trail coming kind of toward the camera but to the right and left. 

But... if they've ALL gone to the same place: Australia... why leave in all different directions?

See? My mind is too into other things to think this through for myself... you'll all have to tell me what you want! LOL

mmoir said:

Hey Guys,

Here is a prelim of my scene 3 animation and  I have to fix the timing on a few things but I thought I would show it to you guys.  The one thing that is bugging me is you can't seem to animate the palm trees.  Does anyone know a way to make the palm trees blow in the wind.  Will I have to convert it to a mesh and then apply some morphs?

I LOVE IT!!! yes yes

By the way, who needs palm trees? This is a desert! Just get rid of them! LOL  Just an idea is all - they're not at all needed to progress the story ;)

Love the hurried car passing the truck!!! SaWeet!!!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Mike,  I had though of morphs at first... then thought of adding bones.  Whichever would be quick and easy I expect.

Too bad they don't work like the other trees. It's so neat to be able to just add some wind and rustle and hit Render! LOL

Another update, here is a street scene leading up to the final House Door scene .  Still have to put the toys, mess etc around the nieghbourhood and I am thinking of changing the road to a more dirt road. 

ScenePrelim.jpg
    1349 x 755 - 79K

Noice!!!!

edited November 2016

Here is the road fixed as well as adding fences and miscellaneous stuff to make the street look deserted. I will upload the carrara file shortly so anyone who wants to animate the scene can. You could add tumbleweeds and the camera motion as well.

Here is the link to the carrara scene file. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s2a3hcmab2mzvib/Scene5a.zip

ScenePrelim5a.jpg
    1502 x 853 - 114K
    Post edited by mmoir on

Cool! Thanks

edited November 2016

Hey

I have modeled/rigged a coyote for the project, it is not high res but should work fine for this project.  It has morphs on iit for the eyes, ears and mouth. Below is an image of coyote for whoever wants to do that part of the animation.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s51b2v3il5ub7du/Coyoterigged.car

CoyoteModelImage.jpg
    1000 x 447 - 37K
    Post edited by mmoir on

Very nice!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

Wile E

yes

Here is an image of the Final scene when the camera zooms in towards the door and sign. It is animated I just have to do test renders then final renders.

Scene6Prelim.jpg
    1552 x 884 - 154K

373 Desert Corner - Very cool!

Sorry I haven't had time to do much lately

Mike, Dart,   Have you checked out my silly animation for the opening text...Will it work out ok or should I work at it a bit more? Please let me know if you want me to render it and how you would like to have it.  I'm going to have to force myself to try creating and rendering at least 1 animation a week to get some more practice in before I can really lend a hand.

Everything is looking great! Very nice work guys.

wgdjohn, 

I looked at the opening text and it is fine for the project.  Your idea of doing an animation a week is a good idea. 

wgdjohn said:

Mike, Dart,   Have you checked out my silly animation for the opening text...Will it work out ok or should I work at it a bit more? Please let me know if you want me to render it and how you would like to have it.  I'm going to have to force myself to try creating and rendering at least 1 animation a week to get some more practice in before I can really lend a hand.

Dart ,  that is okay.

373 Desert Corner - Very cool!

Sorry I haven't had time to do much lately

mmoir said:

wgdjohn, 

I looked at the opening text and it is fine for the project.  Your idea of doing an animation a week is a good idea. 

wgdjohn said:

Good idea if I can stick to it. :)  I started modeling a better, ??, metal post for any signs or even for use as metal fence posts... last night. A simple project but I tend to take too long. Hopefully I'll remember to upload it to the Animation club's prop site when I'm satisfied with it.

Dart,

If you have any of the scene 1 or scene 2 renders completed could you let me know.  I should have the last render done shortly which would leave only scenes 1 & 2 remaining to be done. I have wgdjohns title intro rendered out as well  so we are almost there.   Let me know ,

Thanks.

edited December 2016

Okay guys here is the link to the Final animation of "Cactus Corner" , the Animation Club for Carrara User's third animation.  Let me know if you see any glaring mistakes in the animation/titles or credits before I post this to a wider audience. I noticed something already but if you see something let me know.   I think it turned out pretty good I think.

I learned quite a bit in animating this , almost even getting an animating workflow.  The biggest thing for me which some of you may know already is NLA clips can use moprh targets.  My issue has been that I have NLA clips of say a walk cycle like for the coyote in this film and I want to keyframe the coyote turning its head. This is very difficult to do as you can no longer keyframe the animation with an NLA animation.  You would have to convert the NLA to keyframes etc.or create a "head turn" NLA clip.  What I found out is morph targets can be applied overtop of the NLA clips , the morphs don't respect the skeleton at all which is great in this case as I can apply whatever morphs I want and the mesh deforms.

Thanks for the team and all the work you did on this .  yes

Post edited by mmoir on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Well done

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Really enjoyed that.  Congratulations, everyone.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Wow, looked fantastic, really can tell a lot of work went into that.  Congrats to you guys for a great job!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

That looks fantastic! The sets have a lot of subtle detail. Nicely done everyone.

• Very cool - the final animation looks amazing.  Great work everyone!

• That was so neat.  Nice sound editing too.  My only complaint was that the buzzard didn't get enough air time.smiley

Incredible!  Waay Kewl!  I'm thrilled to work with such great modelers and animators. My small contibutions pale in comparison to you all... Great work folks.

Sorry for being MIA