The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ...I accidentally destroyed my two days of Supersuit work, customized material zones and all... :down: >:( :down:

Oh, geesh! That bites! :down:

edited December 1969

Ok, I've managed to pull the most critical items off the external drive, so now I'm getting things of secondary importance.

It only reset once during this process so I'm hopeful I can get all the mostly important goodies off, then I'm going to power the drive down until I get a replacement - at which time I'll copy the whole darn drive to the new one!

Tuna salad, cheese, and diet Dr. Pepper for breakfast since I can't leave until I'm sure everything I need is off the external drive - feh.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited June 2012

I am NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER using the forum's "Quick Reply" again.
    EVER EVR EVR again.
    I refresh the page and I am logged in. Great. I type ten lines of stuff, most of which is just copying and pasting a link. Fine. I hit reply and it tells me to log in. This login page does NOT recognize my username REZCA as being in their database or something, nor does it rezognize my email address. If I hit back everything I typed is gone. However if this happens while I am in the full post mode, all the text will still be there so I can just Copy-Paste it, log in, then reply.
    Anyway I don't feel like describing the tutorials now, but there were some very cool videos to buy on recreating some effects from "Snow white and the Huntsman" (The mirror scene), Harry Potter (Modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating a snakey), Tron (The hologram disc thing), Iron Man, and a few others.
    http://www.cinema4dtutorial.net/?p=1764
    A lot of them, like the Harry Potty, Iron Man, and "The Day the Earth Stood Still" disitergration scene, all make use of After Effects as well.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ...I accidentally destroyed my two days of Supersuit work, customized material zones and all... :down: >:( :down:

Oh, geesh! That bites! :down:

I may be able to recover a day and half from .obj export I did in order to rip off the chest plate area I customized, and then just redo the missing spots. Which is better than starting from scratch.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited June 2012

yayy it's Saturday.

I'm in total new Trekkie mode

Kirk, "what's your combat training?

Sulu, "fencing

first big decision of the day, shower or bubble bath -- leaning towards bubbles

walk the dog
    vacuum
    install dw on acer netbook

and i want to learn the random thing, like how rendo makes the random banners. i want my webpage to show random renders.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • donahue_shelly@yahoo.com[email protected] Posts: 763
    edited June 2012

Managed to get Redsaw's costume completed and then went to work on Lady Red's. May tweak lighting at some point but I mainly wanted to get them rendered quickly.

Haven't decided if I'm going to do Black Wolf with the SS or the Nano Suit. Samuel and Angela's suits were made earlier with the Nano Suit (there is also the fact that I will never be able to convince Samuel to dress up in spandex) so they are done. That leaves Coyote, Kitsuna and Apparition to work on. And that is just to finish Team Red (I'd throw Reld in there but he's a dragon sooooo neither the SS or the Nano suit will fit him).

Anyways, here are the Red's for you to view.

(carp, forgot that the forums aren't shrinking images)
    http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx82/NinjaAnACat/RedsFlying.jpg

RedsFlying600.jpg
    600 x 393 - 211K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited December 1969

RRRRRRGH! Make that "recover a day" instead. Oh jeeze.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

an hour and a half until I leave to go to work

edited December 1969

There was a power outage yesterday so most my clocks got reset. I was eating some crazy bread sticks when one of the alarm clocks went off. I went to turn it off. When I cam back I saw Melody looking at my food. to my knowledge she has not tried any of it but she was thinking about it. I could not carry both cats back with me just to turn off an alarm. I did not know what to do and the alarm was annoying.

edited December 1969

yoo works on Saturday?

when do yoo have time to render?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

In my 6 years of doing content I've only rendered two images for fun. I work 7 days a week. Would be nice to play around with all the stuff we buy.

edited December 1969

yoo works on Saturday?

I work at a place called Wendy's. Wendy's is open every day except for Thanksgiving and Christmas and the extremely rare snow day. I have to work on what ever day they tell me.

I need to eat my sweet potato and then go to work. I also need to take my medicine.

edited December 1969

being paid to render is the gift that keeps on giving :)

edited December 1969

yoo works on Saturday?

I work at a place called Wendy's. Wendy's is open every day except for Thanksgiving and Christmas and the extremely rare snow day. I have to work on what ever day they tell me.

I need to eat my sweet potato and then go to work. I also need to take my medicine.

i worked at Wendy's for four hours once. i quit before i left that day, but they still paid me for the 4 hours. That was nice of them.

i need to do more stuff that people will pay me for, it's Saturday and i don't have money to go the pub or the city.

my shortest job was 45 minutes as a motel maid at a Florida Ramada. Venice, Florida was extremely boring. ghastly year. ugh red tide. traffic was bad as the cross-bronx expressway. come to think of it, expressway is an oxymoron

edited December 1969

Hmm I am eating a cupcake it is good.

Here is an image I found on the web.

11thdr-hands2.jpg
    449 x 284 - 63K
    edited December 1969

Yikes.

didn't yoo buy the Nursoda sleepy critter? any renders of it?

edited December 1969

Good news! I have almost recovered what I fumbled! Only couple of seam-mesh-combos, and it is all back to what it was... wait, EVEN BETTER. I fixed the little things that bugged me earlier (gloves had some seam definitions which sucked), so... it wasn't THAT bad all in all.

edited December 1969

Something is really screwy with how the new forum handles uploaded images. I can't AdBlock a single image if someone posts it. It only allows everything in the DAZ domain, or everything in the forum.
    *sigh* DAZ and FurAffinity both have screwed up my "I don't wanna see that so I'll adblock it" routine.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Something is really screwy with how the new forum handles uploaded images. I can't AdBlock a single image if someone posts it. It only allows everything in the DAZ domain, or everything in the forum.
    *sigh* DAZ and FurAffinity both have screwed up my "I don't wanna see that so I'll adblock it" routine.

Were you able to AdBlock images on the forum before that were onsite and not external links? How?

edited June 2012

Rezca said:

Were you able to AdBlock images on the forum before that were onsite and not external links? How?

Like in this image. I can have AdBlock get the exact address of the image and block just that and only that using the first option. The new forums only give me three options, and by looking at them I'm a bit afraid to try any of them.
    In the old forum it would be fairly similar to my example in the posted image.
    *EDIT* These are the options the new forum gives me when I right click an uploaded image and select AdBlock:

wsioowegf.jpg
    798 x 394 - 83K
    ScreenHunter_17-Jun.-02-14_.04_.jpg
    791 x 393 - 101K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • donahue_shelly@yahoo.com[email protected] Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Ugh, I keep getting a message that one of my ArcMap licenses is about to expire in 15 days. It's keeps popping up every thirty minutes or so and it even managed to crash Daz as well as a couple of games I've tried to play today. I keep trying to find the setting so I can disable the stupid pop up but I can't find it. Starting to really irritate me.

edited December 1969

The custom string seems right to me. Try it. Because I tried inline linking to an image, and it gave me a string that looks like that.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Good news! I have almost recovered what I fumbled! Only couple of seam-mesh-combos, and it is all back to what it was... wait, EVEN BETTER. I fixed the little things that bugged me earlier (gloves had some seam definitions which sucked), so... it wasn't THAT bad all in all.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

edited December 1969

I need a new feathered serpent render. With a Dark Angel. Argh.

4 weeks until I have the parts for Scylla. Argh.

At least the trip to the microbrewery was fun, I got a tour, 3 pints, and a kick butt chili dog!

edited December 1969

1 am. I hope like heck I'll be able to fall asleep tonight. At least I'm yawning, unlike last night.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    In my 6 years of doing content I've only rendered two images for fun. I work 7 days a week. Would be nice to play around with all the stuff we buy.

I hear that, then I see all of these wonderful renders and when I do one it looks like crap compared to them. So I guess I'll just keep spending my money on something I'll probably never be good at, but at least I have met a lot of nice people who know a helluva a lot more about making pretty pictures than I do. Maybe I should go back to creating videos, I have a knack for that and it doesn't cost as much.

edited December 1969

Keep in mind the best renders come AFTER you spend time doing postwork on them.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

I closest I come to renders is doing Promo's

edited December 1969

Eating: White chocolate raspberry truffle.
    I'm in love with this ice cream :3

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Keep in mind the best renders come AFTER you spend time doing postwork on them.

But then you have to purchase Photoshop or something else, which is another program I know nothing about. I tried it out, although just for an hour or two, with little success. I think my biggest problem is time and patience. I feel like when I have the time, I have no patience and when I do want to sit and learn something, something else always comes up. Maybe these are just excuses and I need to sit back and learn, cause I certainly love the program and creating things is a passion. So forget all I just said, I'll give it a try.

This discussion has been closed.