The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I've heard of drunk birds but never seen the phenomena. I know what when I have a nice buzz on, navigating to the fridge can become a challenge, so flying must be a nightmare! Poor things...

Thing is, waxwings are especially resistant to effects of alcohol. So what they are doing is like going through a three day bender in an hour. They are flying around in 3 to 4 ‰ stupor! (That's, ummm... 0,3 to 0,4 BAC. We use ‰.)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Found some VERY old photos I took!
    These were waaay before I knew how to properly work a digital camera, and back then the camera I did have wasn't all that great.
    Extensive work in Bridge to color adjust them. (They were very blue.)

100_2882.jpg
    600 x 400 - 100K
    100_2881.jpg
    600 x 400 - 84K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    These were waaay before I knew how to properly work a digital camera, and back then the camera I did have wasn't all that great.

that would be kewl terrain for a dragon flyover. with some clouds for the parallax effect

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

that would be kewl terrain for a dragon flyover. with some clouds for the parallax effect

I can send you the full-sized image if you want to use it (It's about 2,000px wide)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

The night before I had dreams of airplanes crashing into stuff. Last night I had weird dreams. Sponge bob was even in it. I do not understand most of it but some of the stuff was adult material.

edited December 1969

Was he giving sponge baths to grannies and grandpas in the old folks' home?

My earlier nap today had me trying to rescue two hedgehoglets and a squirrel baby. The latter ran away, though. And the hedgehoglets were pissed off that I was plucking them out of snowbank (where they would have died), and rewarded my effort by pissing into the cardboard box I was using to carry them, and soaking through into my hand. Then, as I was washing my hand in the kitchen, my uncle (RIP) and his dog(s) (he did have a dog, but not a dog like that; it also suddenly split into three different kinds of dogs, all of them !Rottweilers, which would have been a correct answer) showed up, and his dog tried to swallow one hedgehoglet whole. So I had to stick my hand into the dogs mouth and root about and then it spat the hedgehoglet out because... well, you guessed it, it had pissed there. And all of the time those two hoglets tried to escape the box, and I had to try and keep a basset, Bernhardtian, and greyhound away from them.

Then the cat got curious about them, but was reluctant to do anything with them when they started to make a sound like kettle boiling over (an actual sound a hedgehog in distress makes -- I once had to rescue one stupid hedgehog from my in-laws' previous dog).

Washing them wasn't fun, 'cause the damn things tried to be suicidal and drown. But in the end, they were rescued all right, secured into a makeshift terrarium, away from all other animals and some radio station wanted to do a short feature of the rescue.

edited December 1969

No Bob was not bathing senior citizens. It was the part before he showed up actually.
    The dream had bunch of people wanting sex and some homosexual people. Then somebody joined a group trying to explore a beach.

Also part of the dream had someone filming a baseball or softball game just before several tornadoes decide to hit near by. they were coming closer but everyone was calmly trying to find shelter. It was not until the tornadoes got really close that people started to panic. I went looking for my lost video camera and somebody tried to get me away there since the tornadoes are still around. It could have been a superman like person.

edited December 1969

Where do hedgehogs supposed to pee?

edited December 1969

Where do hedgehogs supposed to pee?

Anywhere else that isn't...
    1) my hand
    2) the dog's mouth when I try to rescue them with #1

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Which would, of course, explain where they were peeing...

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Which would, of course, explain where they were peeing...

I'm pretty sure that if I were about the size of a crabapple and with soft spikes, and did get swallowed by a big huffy beast, I probably would pee as well.

But dammit, it smelled GROSS in that dream! Worse than asparagus pee!

edited December 1969

One of my cats knocked out the power cord from my notebook. Did not notice it until the notebook complained that the battery is almost out and needs to be recharged.

edited December 1969

So there were no hedgehogs in danger? It was just a dream?

Part of my dream was that a lady wanted to have sex with me but I was trying to convince her that I was not a lesbian.

edited December 1969

So there were no hedgehogs in danger? It was just a dream?

Yep. It was all just a rather colorful dream.

Now, the actual, real live hedgehog which I rescued (twice!) from the previous in-laws' dog, was a monster of a hedgehog. HUGE. A Dinsdale of its species. It curled up to a spiky ball of death and hate, and the dog kept attacking it, and retreating as soon as his nose made contact with the spikes, followed by mournful baying. It also made a sound like a kettle boiling over. The dog kept barking at it, and the hedgehog was at such distance that the dog had a chance to get at it even while leashed, so the hedgehog wasn't going to move, and the dog could have kept it up for hours.

So as I was the only one who was woken up by that ruckus, I slapped on some clothes and shoes, and took a flashlight while investigating the strange hissing sound and furious barking. When I saw the hedgehog, I took a rake and gently lifted up the beast, while keeping the wolf-sized and -shaped pooch away with my foot. I carried the hedgehog to the backyard, to distance that the dog couldn't cover (while hobbling on one foot and shooing the said dog away), and set it down. Went back to bed.

Thirty minutes later it all started anew.

With a heavy sigh, I repeated the procedure, and carried the hedgehog deeper into the backyard, where the actual forest begins. This time it got the clue, and didn't return for a new round of hissings and barkings.

Part of my dream was that a lady wanted to have sex with me but I was trying to convince her that I was not a lesbian.

:( Should have sent that lady to my dream. If that happens, pls point her my way. :coolhmm:

edited December 1969

I will try to send her your way if I can. Maybe she will be there by time you go to sleep tonight.

edited December 1969

I will try to send her your way if I can. Maybe she will be there by time you go to sleep tonight.

Great! With any luck, that's within an hour.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Great! With any luck, that's within an hour.

Not sure how to send something of my dream to somebody else. I might accidentally send the male homosexual couple your way instead.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

lol - you never know which way this thread is gonna turn.

i want to watch Return of the Jedi, but i don't have that dvd. do you think the encased in carbonite was a displacement map?

today, watched Scorpion King, Star Trek 2009, and Dungeons & Dragons-the one with Jeremy Irons as a bad,bad mage.

heating up some spaghetti on a cookie sheet.

edited December 1969

Not sure how to send something of my dream to somebody else. I might accidentally send the male homosexual couple your way instead.

I'm sure there has to be an internet protocol for that. It would be slightly embarrassing to get the male gay couple, true, 'cause while I swing both ways, they won't...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I'm sure there has to be an internet protocol for that. It would be slightly embarrassing to get the male gay couple, true, 'cause while I swing both ways, they won't...

I think if I had any control I would send that couple to RamWolff if I could.

edited December 1969

So you're saving Spongebob for yourself? ;)

*ducks and runs*

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

So you're saving Spongebob for yourself? ;)

*ducks and runs*

No I am sending Sponge Bob to my boss.

edited December 1969

No I am sending Sponge Bob to my boss.

Oh I see... and then you'd start a conversation, all innocent-like about how you had a strange (but perfectly innocent, child-like) dream of SB, while the boss is squirming, as memories of THAT dream begin to surface?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited June 2012

@Kyoto: Geez, I hope work improves! That sucks!

Otherwise, no real complaints here. A dog barked for 1/2 the night but I managed to sleep anyway. It's going to be a scorcher, 94f by later afternoon, so I'm debating going to Ginnys for chicken poop bingo and might just hole up at Pluckers for wings and beer!

Other than that, been writing - have a bunch of notes for my various future projects and managed to get everything off Google Docs and ready for use in Scrivener. Yaay!

Need breakfast, though. Austin Diner? The Frisco? The diner is in walking distance (12 minutes), The Frisco is a 10 min bus ride but I have to wait for the bus.. urgh.. but The Frisco has chicken fried steak and eggs! Meh, I'll get dressed and walk outside and decide then.

Everyone have a great day!

...I think the only real improvement will be finding another job, preferably one that is closer to home. I'd even accept a hit in the paycheque to not have to deal with what I feel is "bipolar management" and nearly four hours of commuting each day anymore (especially since a monthly transit pass here is going up to100$ in September).

-----

...speaking of eatin'

The nice thing about my neighbourhood is I have a lot of places within a couple blocks walk. Two totally awesome brewpubs (one which has 10$ pitcher Sundays - and they are the big 64 oz ones), two excellent pizza joints, a nice basic corner tavern where I can watch my sports, a lovely old city park, a repertory cinema where you can get beer and wine and slices from one of the aforementioned pizza parlours, a slightly expensive but very good natural foods market, and when in a pinch for something quick to eat or when I'm too tired to cook (which has become more frequent these days), a Subway a block away.

A ten minute or so bike ride away is IMO one of the nicest areas of the city, the Hawthorne district. Unlike the Northwest./Pearl district it retained its bohemian atmosphere and bucked the "upscale trend". Lots of good eateries from a hole in the wall place that has the most fantastic rice bowls, to the "Waffle Window" to another excellent pizza joint that serves authentic Italian Sodas as well as some fairly nice "sit down" places. One of my favourite pubs which looks like one of those little old hole in the wall British or Irish ones is here as is the last of the old cinema palaces in the city built in the 1920s which has been fully restored. There are several cool second hand vintage clothing stores (which are where I usually shop and where I find most of my classic Aloha shirts), a branch of our largest independent book store (Powell's) and a more mainstream grocery where I usually shop at.

Up the street a bit is a slice of the old homeland, The Hawthorne Fish House which was founded by a fellow from Wisconsin. During football season this is the ultimate Green Bay/Wisconsin Badgers Hangout. Lots of Packer memorabilia on the walls including a signed framed photo of Vince Lombardi. On Game Day all the flat screens are tuned in to Packer game.

The food is excellent and all gluten free Their signature Fish & Chips are crisp, not greasy. and they serve several varieties of game fish including the type of Lake Perch used for the Friday Night Fish Fries back home. Now that's good eatin'. Beer (several varieties from the now ubiquitous Pabst to several local craft brews) is served in 22 oz imperial pints and if you order a "Brandy Press" they know what you mean (for a state that was usually synonymous with beer, Wisconsin is the largest consumer of Brandy in the nation)

...and people at my workplace can't seem to understand why I put up with such a long commute each day and don't want to move out to "Little LA" (which is what I call the Beaverton OR area where my company moved to) as that is where it reminds me of. Busy streets with 35 - 45mph traffic, meandering side streets with no apparent pattern to them, drivers who don't seem to grasp the concept of what a pedestrian is, lousy to almost non existent bus service on evenings and weekends, and strip malls as far as the eye can see.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited June 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...yayyyyy! finally made it through 17 pages (last response was on P.14).

Seems the new site's ebots also go AWOL just like the old ones did.

Wooly, congrats on the web book.

8< *snip*

*waves* welcom back
    ...waves back (hope this works)

smiley-greet024.gif
    25 x 29 - 3K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,287
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Dream Transfer Protocol - haven't you ever heard of DTP?

edited December 1969

Well, there you go. What's the RFC for it?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,287
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Well, there you go. What's the RFC for it?

I'm not sure if they are official, but Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass are usually referred to.

edited June 2012

I'm not sure if they are official, but Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass are usually referred to.

Hmmmf.

I believe that The Sandman might also qualify...

Speaking of sleeping, I think I shall go and do some of it.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited June 2012

Very very quick sketches of Alex - a red dragon plush of mine who is always hungry.
    *edit* I should point out her left horn is bent at an awkward angle early on in her life, so it's pointing ... I don't know, horizantaly? Her horns are usually pointed backwards but the one on her left is pointing to the side.

alex.jpg
    594 x 515 - 54K
    Post edited by Rezca on
This discussion has been closed.