The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Greyscale Gorilla has some videos (Paid and free) on postwork.
    And Photoshop isn't the only program out there. There is also Paint.Net and GIMP. Most people just prefer Photoshop - and there are lots more resources and tutorials available for it than the other two.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Grey sky day with a few sunbeams sparkling outside my window :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I need a new feathered serpent render. With a Dark Angel. Argh.

4 weeks until I have the parts for Scylla. Argh.

At least the trip to the microbrewery was fun, I got a tour, 3 pints, and a kick butt chili dog!

I forgot all about the microbrewery bash this afternoon. It's not very far from my house and I planned to go. Instead, I sat here and played on my 'puter all day.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

COMPLANTE: Cooking for four, and only ONE person will be at dinner. ME!!! It was not planed that way.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i'm home alone too.

my dog is sleeping on the couch in the other room.

edited June 2012

Saturday night ... i'm not ready to sleep yet. ... maybe they have Ab Fab episodes on ytube. i hope its still funny without a martini in hand

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

Yikes.

didn't yoo buy the Nursoda sleepy critter? any renders of it?

Is there a new Nursoda critter?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Must have the alerts turned off - no big deal, should pay more attention :)

alert Will Robinson, alert

y'know, i hope they weren't Lost in Space without beer.
    ...not if these guys can help it.

Natty Light in Space

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Having difficulty connecting

...I get these happening with relative frequency so pretty numb to it these days.
    edited December 1969

...yayyyyy! finally made it through 17 pages (last response was on P.14).

Seems the new site's ebots also go AWOL just like the old ones did.

Wooly, congrats on the web book.

Already dreading Monday (and it's still Saturday evening here) as things have gone rather sour at the day job. Had a new "task" dropped in my lap with almost no training and I messed something up. Said task takes around an hour (sometimes more) out of my mornings which I usually used to keep my primary account billing up to date. This is the first time in months I have not been able to close the books on the first business day of the new month as I was several days behind entering data because of my new responsibility. Can't do overtime so ending up having to sacrifice my lunch breaks just to try and make up for the lost time.

Been dealing with a lot of contradiction to the point I feel I no longer know what my primary responsibility is anymore. Seems one minute your the company's best employee and the next you are their goat.

Got into a bit of a disagreement with the manager above me and expect to be called into the owner's office Monday morning for a dressing down

Needless to say wasn't a very happy camper when left Friday evening (until I got off the bus and later went to one of my favourite corner pubs).

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Morning.

I managed to get some sleep. Actually, I got five times the amount of sleep I got yesterday, about ten hours.

edited December 1969

Complaint! A friend of mine called and said "Friend A had a graduation party for his son yesterday, and they ended up with tons of leftover food, so it is round two for partying, this time for non-family, you wanna come?" I said sure! because they are my friends too, and, man, LEFTOVER CAKE!

So I ate a light lunch of sushi rice and eggs... and then my stomach was gripped by TMI cramps from hell. I am typing this from bed, on my tablet. Had to message my friend that I am not coming (but Significant Otter is, so he gets to bring me a doggybag).

Second complaint: there is a magpie outside, who is going to conniptions over seeing a cat walking across the yard. It has been screaming its head off for about twenty minutes.

edited June 2012

Okay some minor complaints and other miscellany thoughts.
    1) So I was playing Final Fantasy Tactics on the old PSP I got for Christmas a few years ago with the PSP (Slim?) that is much newer and was doing a co-op mission that's essentially a 100-Man Melee. Ten consecutive fights against ten enemies. I've only ever finished this once, and even then just barely. The reason being not because of its sheer difficulty (Battles 6 and 7 are particularly rough, as is 10 obviously) but because my original PSP's battery can't be charged while it's doing multiplayer, and the mission is so damn long that the battery is usually drained by the end of the mission. I've managed to overcome the difficulty in a sense by having one (preferably slow) unit stand in a corner the entire game with an Invisibility equipment (Ninja Gear, Invisibility Cloak) and do nothing. The rest will be doing the fighting and will have status preventing equipment, a piece with permanent Reraise (Auto-Life in the original), and Safeguard as an ability.
    At the very least I want to protect against Stone/Petrify and Instant-KO, but the former is more important as with Reraise the latter is not a problem. Female units (and Cloud Strife, if you have him) can equip Ribbons which render you immune to everything. The proplem arises in later battles when some units will be packing abilities to destroy your equipment at range while doing damage. Once it's gone, it's gone for the rest of the 10 battles.
    Anyway so now that the jargon is out of the way, the complaint is that it's tough to finish it because of my older PSP's battery.
    2) Again in FF Tactics, I was practicing with some of my units, all set to Black Mages to get points for their class faster, and finished three battles in Midlights Deep "The Crevice" and went to save the game after a lot of work was done. Well turns out I wasn't paying attention and I LOADED another game rather than saving it. All that work lost XD
    3) - Non Complaint: I really enjoy how the Dragons counterattack in the game. They pretty much turn around and smack whatever struck them with their tail. It gets even better if that counterattack kills the attacker. I first saw how funny this could be when I had a Red Dragon - the strongest of their bunch - have a yellow Chocobo run up behind it, attack it, then the dragon turns around and smacks it with its tail and kills it. It's also sort of cute how they "block" as well, since they do it with their wings.
    4) - Non Complaint: Tested the Xbox and it's working, so it's still alive and well. :3

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...yayyyyy! finally made it through 17 pages (last response was on P.14).

Seems the new site's ebots also go AWOL just like the old ones did.

Wooly, congrats on the web book.

Already dreading Monday (and it's still Saturday evening here) as things have gone rather sour at the day job. Had a new "task" dropped in my lap with almost no training and I messed something up. Said task takes around an hour (sometimes more) out of my mornings which I usually used to keep my primary account billing up to date. This is the first time in months I have not been able to close the books on the first business day of the new month as I was several days behind entering data because of my new responsibility. Can't do overtime so ending up having to sacrifice my lunch breaks just to try and make up for the lost time.

Been dealing with a lot of contradiction to the point I feel I no longer know what my primary responsibility is anymore. Seems one minute your the company's best employee and the next you are their goat.

Got into a bit of a disagreement with the manager above me and expect to be called into the owner's office Monday morning for a dressing down

Needless to say wasn't a very happy camper when left Friday evening (until I got off the bus and later went to one of my favourite corner pubs).

*waves* welcom back

edited December 1969

i've been online most of the night. this home internet thing isn't healthy for me.

edited December 1969

The magpie continues screaming. Arrrrgh. The one time I totally fail to appreciate corvids... their persistent and fanatic nesting defenses.

edited June 2012

Testing somethin'... To see if animated images post correctly or if they stay static like the old form. (Although in the old forum you could do this: Right Click -> View Image -> Copy Image Location -> Edit Post -> Clear the embedded image and replace it with an IMG tag -> Paste the URL in -> Submit. The image will now animate properly. Of course you can't do that in this forum now since you can't see image links while editing a post so...)
    .*EDIT* Yays it works :3

RUNSIES_by_sereneworx.gif
    50 x 50 - 5K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I need a new feathered serpent render. With a Dark Angel. Argh.

4 weeks until I have the parts for Scylla. Argh.

At least the trip to the microbrewery was fun, I got a tour, 3 pints, and a kick butt chili dog!

I forgot all about the microbrewery bash this afternoon. It's not very far from my house and I planned to go. Instead, I sat here and played on my 'puter all day.

Oh, drat! It was nice, kind of hot and not much shade, but worth the trip out. Sorry you missed it. :down:

It was about a 20 minute bus ride and a 10 minute walk for me, just took the 3 up Burnet, jump off at Braker, and walk up across the train tracks.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    COMPLANTE: Cooking for four, and only ONE person will be at dinner. ME!!! It was not planed that way.

Argh! Very complaint-worthy!

edited December 1969

@Kyoto: Geez, I hope work improves! That sucks!

Otherwise, no real complaints here. A dog barked for 1/2 the night but I managed to sleep anyway. It's going to be a scorcher, 94f by later afternoon, so I'm debating going to Ginnys for chicken poop bingo and might just hole up at Pluckers for wings and beer!

Other than that, been writing - have a bunch of notes for my various future projects and managed to get everything off Google Docs and ready for use in Scrivener. Yaay!

Need breakfast, though. Austin Diner? The Frisco? The diner is in walking distance (12 minutes), The Frisco is a 10 min bus ride but I have to wait for the bus.. urgh.. but The Frisco has chicken fried steak and eggs! Meh, I'll get dressed and walk outside and decide then.

Everyone have a great day!

edited December 1969

Magpies have finally stopped screaming, I have gotten up from the bed, and I'm sore all over.

I hope Significant Otter brings me cake. :(

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Magpies have finally stopped screaming, I have gotten up from the bed, and I'm sore all over.

I hope Significant Otter brings me cake. :(

Aww, poor you! I hope your SO brings you something nice! :coolsmile:

Apropos of nothing: it's hot outside and my interest in running around in it is rapidly vanishing. I had the chance to get Anime Studio Pro for cheap, so I went ahead and did it (hmmph) on the off-chance that I can make tentacles more easily and flexibly! I've joined the foruims and seen some animation done with it, it looks plenty capable.

I'm going to hold off on more 3D work until Scylla is completed, I'm tired of waiting hours on end for a render while I pray the laptop doesn't melt down... :grrr:

Magpies, I've heard, are loud. Grackles are bad enough!

edited December 1969

He just did.

Holy crap, the amount of it. :ohh: Just... holy crap, guis. There's enough cake and other goodies for two days. I just ate some, including a double-glazed donut with white chocolate and licorice glazing.

Magpies started again. :( Fortunately I have also stuffed ibuprofein into myself, so I won't blow a gasket in this horrible racket. (I live on top floor, and just to emphasize how pissed off they are, they hop on the tin roof of our balcony, up down, up down.)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

I just ate a fantastic chocolate cream stick with a nice hot cup of coffee. Yum!

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I just ate a fantastic chocolate cream stick with a nice hot cup of coffee. Yum!

Oooo, wanna trade some to a slice of what we call as "tiger cake"?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

He just did.

Holy crap, the amount of it. :ohh: Just... holy crap, guis. There's enough cake and other goodies for two days. I just ate some, including a double-glazed donut with white chocolate and licorice glazing.

Magpies started again. :( Fortunately I have also stuffed ibuprofein into myself, so I won't blow a gasket in this horrible racket. (I live on top floor, and just to emphasize how pissed off they are, they hop on the tin roof of our balcony, up down, up down.)

Ooooh, goody for goodies! Sounds tasty and seems like you have plenty!

When I lived in Silicon Valley, the crows would have bird wars on my patio - knocking each other into the windows and my front door. At pretty much all hours. Dang birds (grrr)!

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Wow, sounds nice! Now I'm hungry again!

Can't have sugary stuff myself, it has to be sugar-free. There's a place up the road that makes sugar-free cupcakes (really!) but they're closed on Sunday, waaah!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

Yeah after that one creamstick I'll be cut off from sugar for the day. Gotta watch the calories.

edited December 1969

Num num num you behha I hafbh pwenthy.

When I lived in Silicon Valley, the crows would have bird wars on my patio - knocking each other into the windows and my front door. At pretty much all hours. Dang birds (grrr)!

The saddest task in my life was to pick up the collateral damage of drunken waxwings. :( Seven birds collided in my neighborhood to window panes after a drunken orgy in hawthorns, right after the first frost (makes sugars ferment and turn into alcohol). The little birds were still warm when I wrapped them to paper towels and put them into a cardboard box. They were like shining, fragile gems. :( I collected only six, because seventh had been savaged by squirrels, and only feathers remained. (Seriously. Squirrels snack on meat if they can find it.) After gathering up all I could find, I took 'em right away to the natural museum in my city, so they could freeze them and send them for taxidermy after studying them for statistics (weight, height, general state of health, cause of death, etc); as a reward, we got a free visit that day to their great felines expo.

Birds, don't eat too many fermented berries and fly.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Num num num you behha I hafbh pwenthy.

The saddest task in my life was to pick up the collateral damage of drunken waxwings. :( Seven birds collided in my neighborhood to window panes after a drunken orgy in hawthorns, right after the first frost (makes sugars ferment and turn into alcohol). The little birds were still warm when I wrapped them to paper towels and put them into a cardboard box. They were like shining, fragile gems. :( I collected only six, because seventh had been savaged by squirrels, and only feathers remained. (Seriously. Squirrels snack on meat if they can find it.) After gathering up all I could find, I took 'em right away to the natural museum in my city, so they could freeze them and send them for taxidermy after studying them for statistics (weight, height, general state of health, cause of death, etc); as a reward, we got a free visit that day to their great felines expo.

Birds, don't eat too many fermented berries and fly.

I've heard of drunk birds but never seen the phenomena. I know what when I have a nice buzz on, navigating to the fridge can become a challenge, so flying must be a nightmare! Poor things...

This discussion has been closed.