The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• donahue_shelly@yahoo.com[email protected] Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Went to the gym today, worked out for an hour and a half. My legs are feeling like wet noodles right about now. But I knew that would happen.

/random ramble
    Worked a little on Black Wolf's costume last night but I'm not sure if I like this one texture. The costume (using Super Suit) has a mix leather and velvet textures and I'm not sure if I like the velvet. It certainly doesn't match the vague idea I'm running with. Also I don't see velvet standing up too well in combat, given that Black is one of the primary 'tanks' for the team. But I don't know what I would change the velvet too either. A different type of leather? Kevlar? So hard to chose.

/end random ramble

edited June 2012

lol

lolCats

Hmm... how do I turn that into an image and not a link?

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

lol

lolCats

Currently off-site images will show as a link -- only images using the Attachment option when you post will appear. It's on the list of desired enhancements.

edited December 1969

lol

lolCats

Currently off-site images will show as a link -- only images using the Attachment option when you post will appear. It's on the list of desired enhancements.

Ah, ok. Thanks

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited June 2012

Finally went around and ordered the guidebook for Final Fantasy Tactics. Not that there is anything I don't already know about it, I've cleared the game at least fourteen times, but it would be nice to see some of the stuff they have like the maps for the levels and so forth. Especially the ones in Midlights Deep since the entire area is always pitch black (Until someone dies and decays into a crystal. Each crystal on map lightens the area up. Not true in Multiplayer however - it's always black since no one decays into chests/crystals).
    One minor quip I have about the game - PSP and the original PS1 - is that once you reach a certain level EVERYONE is using Thieves Caps and Black Garb. Which means they're immune to Immobilize, Disable, and Stop. very rarely will they have something else equipped. Also folks will always have the best of their weapon equipped, which often is pathetic compared to what you might have (Like from poaching, or from Midlight's Deep.)
    e.g. the strongest "normal" Katana you can get - and thus the strongest enemy units will have equipped - is the Kiku-ichimonji with an attack score of 15. The next strongest is the Masamune at 18, and the Chirijiraden at 25. While enemy ninjas can chuck those at you, enemy units won't equip them.
    Needless to say I have NEVER seen an enemy use Ethereal Embrace or Raging Inferno (The corresponding Iaido that you can use with those two katana).
    *EDIT* I never understood why the Red Dragons get "Thunder Breath" when they absorb fire attacks. If you place the dragon next to a human with the Beastmaster ability they can use Fire Breath, but only if they are next to one. Blue Dragons absorb ice and get the "Ice Breath" ability, so what's the deal?
    Very rarely I will see enemy AI use high-level spells, usually they are restricted to things like Thundara and Ifrit, but will sometimes surprise me and use something like Firaja, Leviathan, or even (Only once) Bahamut. They will never use the ultimate summon "Zodiark" unless you cast that on them and they survive the blast (Which is almost never).
    There was a 'hack' for the PS1 version that changed the cheesy bad translation into the modern PSP translation, and it also swapped a bunch of unit's abilities and spawning points. The thing I was most pleased about is high level units will start packing things like the Masamune and get a lot more variety in their setups. They still won't use Zodiark from what I can tell (Thank god) however. One thing they changed was each monster has a different "Reaction Ability". Whereas monsters usually always have Counter as an RA, the dragons now carry Dragonheart for theirs. (Basically if they take damage, there is a chance equal to their Bravery stat that they will get a Reraise buff. 'Course they have to SURVIVE the attack to get it, and there is always a small chance that they won't receive it.) They were never meant to have such an ability, so when it does activate part of their sprite disappears until the animation is finished.
    One thing I always thought sucked is how a number of abilities are almost useless, especially in competitive play. Summons and Geomancy are two such areas. Summons have absurdly long charge times, but the plus side is they exchange speed for large Area of Effect and no friendly fire. Geomancy has no charge time, but does abysmally low damage and the status conditions it inflicts is too low to rely on (Otherwise it'd be an awesome ability).
    By far the WORST spell hands down is Meteor. It takes dozens of turns to charge, and its damage output isn't that great. Sure it's got a large AoE, larger than Leviathan, but by the time you get it charged up everyone else might already be dead ^_^
    (It has a speed of 5. A spell with a speed of 50 takes two turns to charge, so a spell with a speed of 5...?)
    *edit 2* Oh yeah and then there are the "Strike Randomly within AoE". Those ALWAYS seem to miss. Culprits are "Sky Mantra", "Nether Mantra", and the Hydra's "Tri-Thunder, Tri-Flame, and Dark Whisper (DW requires a Tiamat to perch beside a Beastmaster)
    Anyway. Just felt the need to rant and babble. As if anyone is actually gonna read all that ^_^

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited June 2012

Minor complaint: One of my Tiamats died :(
    I know I can get another pretty quickly and I do indeed have one more, but the one that died was my strongest unit. I managed to save one of my other characters the very turn before he'd have died, but at the cost of losing my hydra. I wouldn't have been able to replace the unit I saved at all though, so I had to make that choice.
    *edit* (Final Fantasy Tactics, btw. Unlike most other games, Tiamat is not an individual but a species.)

Post edited by Rezca on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I am going to have left over pizza and a cupcake

edited December 1969

Indigo + Ivy Grower (Free plugin).

chrome-dragon-ivy.jpg
    600 x 450 - 70K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

...just got back from the pub (the one that had 10$ Pitcher Sundays). Stopped off at the local market on the way home to get pasta sauce ingredients for the next week. Was going to do my Teiryaki stir fry but as it was after 7:00 pm, decided to get some takeout Korma curry chicken instead. Besides, didn't do my normal Payday dinner as I was so stressed out by what was happening at the day job (didn't even open the pay envelope until today).

The IPA was excellent, The Korma curry superb. Have to get most out of the free time I have left before facing the carp I will tomorrow. I used to like my job, Now it has become a major source of stress because of workplace politik. I hate workplace politik. Just let me do my bleedin' job and stay out of my way. I think that business would be a lot more efficient (and profitable) is they just cut the petty bulls**t.

Bloody 'ell, that curry was excellent, as in Chef Paul Prudhomm's words "it burns so good".

Time for a Dorset Red & wine dessert, like my dinner, a tad expensive but well worth the price.

...may never know if I can afford this again if I get sacked tomorrow.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Hope you don't/didn't KK (^/\^).

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yawn. Morning, crew.

I'm afraid that the Dream Transfer Protocol failed. Also, now magpies started to yak at a squirrel that was infringing their territory.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Went to the gym today, worked out for an hour and a half. My legs are feeling like wet noodles right about now. But I knew that would happen.

/random ramble
    Worked a little on Black Wolf's costume last night but I'm not sure if I like this one texture. The costume (using Super Suit) has a mix leather and velvet textures and I'm not sure if I like the velvet. It certainly doesn't match the vague idea I'm running with. Also I don't see velvet standing up too well in combat, given that Black is one of the primary 'tanks' for the team. But I don't know what I would change the velvet too either. A different type of leather? Kevlar? So hard to chose.

/end random ramble

Would you please stop trying to out build my Supersuits? Naww.... If you wish a soft look like velvet but not velvet try one of the carbon fibers. What? you say. Just up the tiles in surfaces and you will get a nice fuzzy look that in up close renders show the strength of the fabric.

Darn, I think about this stuff to much.....
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Prayer's are with you KK. May your dreams come true. And all be okay very soon.
    edited December 1969

My Muse had ADD last night or something. My dreams went through about four or five different stories that he apparently wants me to write, when I hardly have time anymore. I'm not sure I could even make a note of half of what I dreamt, since it was all mixed up and jumbled together.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

/random ramble

/end random ramble

Would you please stop trying to out build my Supersuits? Naww.... If you wish a soft look like velvet but not velvet try one of the carbon fibers. What? you say. Just up the tiles in surfaces and you will get a nice fuzzy look that in up close renders show the strength of the fabric.

Darn, I think about this stuff to much.....

Hmm... that might work... I'll have to try it when I next get time to play in daz.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I've heard of drunk birds but never seen the phenomena. I know what when I have a nice buzz on, navigating to the fridge can become a challenge, so flying must be a nightmare! Poor things...

Thing is, waxwings are especially resistant to effects of alcohol. So what they are doing is like going through a three day bender in an hour. They are flying around in 3 to 4 ‰ stupor! (That's, ummm... 0,3 to 0,4 BAC. We use ‰.)

we got birds called Galah's that get drunk on fermented fruit and fly around in drunken flocks getting in everybody's way :)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...just got back from the pub (the one that had 10$ Pitcher Sundays). Stopped off at the local market on the way home to get pasta sauce ingredients for the next week. Was going to do my Teiryaki stir fry but as it was after 7:00 pm, decided to get some takeout Korma curry chicken instead. Besides, didn't do my normal Payday dinner as I was so stressed out by what was happening at the day job (didn't even open the pay envelope until today).

The IPA was excellent, The Korma curry superb. Have to get most out of the free time I have left before facing the carp I will tomorrow. I used to like my job, Now it has become a major source of stress because of workplace politik. I hate workplace politik. Just let me do my bleedin' job and stay out of my way. I think that business would be a lot more efficient (and profitable) is they just cut the petty bulls**t.

Bloody 'ell, that curry was excellent, as in Chef Paul Prudhomm's words "it burns so good".

Time for a Dorset Red & wine dessert, like my dinner, a tad expensive but well worth the price.

Oh noes! Hope that didn't happen

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Oh, geez., I hope yo don't get the boot!!! :down:

edited December 1969

Monday, Monday. Overcast and humid, should be hot and nasty today. Rain off and on this week, which we really need.

Todays phrase is "Error Handling". This application that my not-so-dearly-departed co-worker wrote has very little. In places he has exception handling but doesn't do anything when an error happens, not even a message or error return code, it just silently fails and/or dies. And this is going to ship with one of our products!!!! Aaaqiiiieeeeeeee!!!! So today I'm adding in error messages so that at least the end-user will know Something Bad Happened(tm).

I hope everyone has as good a day as possible!

edited December 1969

Fingers crossed for Kyoto Kid!

But, good news everyone! My eyesight has remained steady, only with some minor weakening; my eyes have healed perfectly from LASIK, and I shouldn't have any problems in years to come. :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Fingers crossed for Kyoto Kid!

But, good news everyone! My eyesight has remained steady, only with some minor weakening; my eyes have healed perfectly from LASIK, and I shouldn't have any problems in years to come. :)

Yaaay! Glad to hear! :-)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

situation defcon ONE - no ice cream . over a mile to the market in a windy rain with my polka dot umbrella. to quote Theodn King, "how did it come to this"

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Hang in there K

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...yayyyyy! finally made it through 17 pages (last response was on P.14).

Seems the new site's ebots also go AWOL just like the old ones did.

Wooly, congrats on the web book.

8< *snip*

*waves* welcom back

...waves back (hope this works)

it worked!

edited December 1969

Just ordered myself a pretty poster of my favorite sea faring serpent: http://wdfloyd.deviantart.com/art/Summoning-of-Leviathan-80177054
    Oh also:
    "Just a random thought of "what is the most un-likely thing to ever be in the Kingdom Hearts universe? Answer: Cthulhu" "

c903888fc83bef3419ab1d49ecd82d76.jpg
    600 x 824 - 135K
    edited December 1969

@Rezca: heh, heh, heh! :vampire:

I fiddled with the C4D demo over the weekend - cool and VERY easy to use! Runs decently on my wheezy laptop, too. I'm going to spend more time with it next weekend, funnnnn!

edited June 2012

I fiddled with the C4D demo over the weekend - cool and VERY easy to use! Runs decently on my wheezy laptop, too. I'm going to spend more time with it next weekend, funnnnn!

Great :3
    Cinema is, from what I've heard and seen, relatively fast in most cases and it's stability is legendary. Things like Blurred Reflections and SSS will be slow of course, but if you use the Physical Render engine they actually speed by (This was tested: One scene with SSS and blurred reflections took several minutes to precache with the standard render but had finished rendering in under a minute with the Physical engine).
    *edit* Buuut of course unless you NEED accurate Depth of Field and are using a bunch of SSS or blurred stuff, then avoid the Physical engine because it is SLOW. :3
    Who knows, maybe some of the stuff you do with it might inspire me to continue working on arts (I know your writings has pushed me to try and write more)
    And don't forget the InterPoser pro pluggy works with the Cinema demo too

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Great :3
    Cinema is, from what I've heard and seen, relatively fast in most cases and it's stability is legendary. Things like Blurred Reflections and SSS will be slow of course, but if you use the Physical Render engine they actually speed by (This was tested: One scene with SSS and blurred reflections took several minutes to precache with the standard render but had finished rendering in under a minute with the Physical engine).
    *edit* Buuut of course unless you NEED accurate Depth of Field and are using a bunch of SSS or blurred stuff, then avoid the Physical engine because it is SLOW. :3
    Who knows, maybe some of the stuff you do with it might inspire me to continue working on arts (I know your writings has pushed me to try and write more)
    And don't forget the InterPoser pro pluggy works with the Cinema demo too

Thanks for the info! There's a lot to learn there, it's kind of like when I was learning Lightwave back at Version 6 (heh). I'm not up to producing anything meaningful (yet), but when I do, I'll post it!

And I'm glad I inspired someone with my writings! It's nice to know... :red:

I'm about ready to drop Daz Stidop and just use Carrara, I've found 3 models now that won't load in DS4Pro without exploding - and one of them is a favorite (Mocks Creeping Brain). Gaah! Can't live without my Creeping Brain!

edited December 1969

I forgot to post this yesterday: It was from a gallery I found where you were supposed to use a sphere to make something. There were tons of fun entries like a maneating plant, and ... this:

495be70482f39.jpg
    592 x 592 - 215K
    edited June 2012

Okay, so that's tentacles. Where's the cake? We were promised that there would be cake.

Edit: Obviously ;)

Post edited by Skiriki on
This discussion has been closed.