Greybro's Ground - A Render A Day

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488
    edited September 2017

A Promo for a forthcoming Merchant Resource called, "Body Magic."

Post edited by Greybro on
  • Love those teeth.  The screenshot of DS on the laptop was a nice touch in that last one!  :)

Love those teeth.  The screenshot of DS on the laptop was a nice touch in that last one!  :)

Thanks. I had to do a little PhotoChop to get that unbloomed while having the render bloomed out a bit.

Love that last one with the gap teeth.  Made me laugh. Looks like a great set

Thanks Sonja. If there's one thing we know around these parts, it's how to depict a Hick!

Another preset promo with the same setup as above. Loving the look of these.

• So the body magic, is that morphs or is it the freckles? 

So the body magic, is that morphs or is it the freckles? 

BODY MAGIC: It's the setup deformer presets, a number of baked morphs and about 3 hours of video teaching you how to create your own shapes for virtually any figure in DS without the use of additional software like, "ZBrush" for instance. I'm sure know ZBrush is about $900 whereas Daz Studio is free. We thought there might be an interest in learning the advanced things you can accomplish right inside this amazing and free software.

The texture is from a set called, "Sadie,"  for Genesis 8 female at the other place. I've taken to using it in all my G8F renders lately.

• I am very interested, and will be picking this stuff up as soon as I can.. I think its awesome and ya, zbrush is way out of my price range.

edited September 2017

Here's the completed promo by the way.

BodyMagic_1600x1600-Promo1.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 694K
  • Gorgeous!

Here's one that took many, many renders comped together to get just so, but I like how it turned out. This is for a forth coming Sixus1 product at the other place, called, "Specimen 23."

Specimen 23

Have me some fun tonight!

Captain Watson's Revenge

• Yikes, glad I don't work in that research facility!

And that's pretty much what I am doing every night after dinner.  Although I don't have a suit of armour in my space lol.

Great scene with the coke, love the headshop renders!

Yikes, glad I don't work in that research facility!

And that's pretty much what I am doing every night after dinner.  Although I don't have a suit of armour in my space lol.

Great scene with the coke, love the headshop renders!

So, the back story is my buddy Dave Watson aka Davlin Studios made a bunch of really cool videos with the old Creech using a combination of Poser, C4D and Carrara. But for the life of me I cannot get him to switch to Daz Studio. It's one of those "old dog new tricks" senarios. So, I take every opportunity to kid him via the comic renders when I can. He's a cool guy, remarkable similar in his views to my late father even though he's from another country.

Oh, those are Facegen. Never got any traction with Headshop even though I bought it.

Really have to brag on Les for one of the most realistic looking Crime props I've even seen created. Finally had a chance to do a long render of it.

Brick

I made this using Anestis Skitzis's cool VHS camera preset freebie available

Eye of The Zombie

I revisted this one with an updated character and better render settings. Sixs hours later.....

The Girl In The Corridor Redux

• Greybro said:

I made this using Anestis Skitzis's cool VHS camera preset freebie available

Eye of The Zombie

This is wicked cool!

Woo hoooo!

and the Crime Wave continues. This one is a promo for a tutorial mega video lesson that's planned for right here at Daz! Genesis 3 Female, Victoria 7, Genesis 3 Male, Michael 7, Genesis 8 Female, Victoria 8, Genesis 8 Male & Michael 8, all covered with fits of the badge and a smart propped version and the hand pose for holding the badge all come with, as well as the rigged prop version with the foldable wallet. Ya learn  Modeling & Uv's, Texturing Preparation a.ka. "Surfacing," Articulated Prop Rigging for Daz Studio and Texturing in ZBrush to Substance Painter Workflow. Very nearly 4 hours of video instruction from a master creator!

Crime Wave

• I really love the idea of the Body Magic video tutorials.  I know a little bit about deformers, but not much.  Most of the videos about deformers inside DS are out of date, too.  I think it's a great idea because I know from reading the New User's forum a lot, there are a lot of people both new and old who have no idea how to use deformers.  Despite having played with them off and on for the last two years, I know there is more that I need to learn.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this in the store.

I really love the idea of the Body Magic video tutorials.  I know a little bit about deformers, but not much.  Most of the videos about deformers inside DS are out of date, too.  I think it's a great idea because I know from reading the New User's forum a lot, there are a lot of people both new and old who have no idea how to use deformers.  Despite having played with them off and on for the last two years, I know there is more that I need to learn.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this in the store.

I was amazed with what Les was able to accomplish with it.

Regards,
    Brent

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

What KM said.  Minus the playing with them cause I haven't even touched them yet lol.

Nom! Nom! Nom!

Lunch

edited October 2017

A really killer new series of Sixus1 Mentoring tutorials is coming soon right here to Daz! This is the first promo image. After this training you'll be able to easily create everything you see in this image. There are also some pretty remarkable new techniques to devlop for multiple base characters at the same exact time. In other words, scuplt once and wind up with morphs for multiple character products.

My Pretty

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ugh,  I want to those courses so bad lol.  Unfortunately, I also want my basement wall to stay up so I won't be buying anything for quite some time.  They are wayyy at the top of my wishlist though.

Ugh,  I want to those courses so bad lol.  Unfortunately, I also want my basement wall to stay up so I won't be buying anything for quite some time.  They are wayyy at the top of my wishlist though.

Check your FB messages from me, Sonja.

• Greybro said:

A really killer new series of Sixus1 Mentoring tutorials is coming soon right here to Daz! This is the first promo image. After this training you'll be able to easily create everything you see in this image. There are also some pretty remarkable new techniques to devlop for multiple base characters at the same exact time. In other words, scuplt once and wind up with morphs for multiple character products.

Really nice to see Sixus1 Mentoring series come over to DAZ.  These are in my checkout now.     It would be really nice to see his other series here, because the delivery method at that other site is not well done.  Thanks for making these available here and hope to see more.  

gbritton said:
    Greybro said:

Really nice to see Sixus1 Mentoring series come over to DAZ.  These are in my checkout now.     It would be really nice to see his other series here, because the delivery method at that other site is not well done.  Thanks for making these available here and hope to see more.  

Thanks. We sorta came to that same opinion. It's just two different market spaces with different customers. There's more coming. Stay tuned.