Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    Vyusur said:

Maybe it's better to take something from everyone's DS content, Level 19 for example, and render it?

yes

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

Phantom FX in Level 019 
    Used one anything glows light

• Don't see the point to this Challenge.

Stezza's already won.

cheeky

Congrats, Stezza! Great render!

Lol laugh

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

That's awesome, Stezza! I like it a lot.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Don't see the point to this Challenge.

Stezza's already won.

cheeky

yah that's good :)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Very atmospheric image!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2017
    MDO2010 said:

I've often thought that a fun challenge (not for prizes or anything) would be to pick or create some scene that everyone has (or can get for free) and see how different people light (and possibly rexture) it.

I have seen something similar over on the Bryce forum.  Starting here, several Bryce artists created versions of an obj file obtained from Free3D - the Organodron City by Herminio Nieves. (Herminio has several very nice models).

Here is how it appears in a Carrrara render, the default obj file:

And below are the Bryce artists versions: (click for larger images)

Jamahoney:

Horo:

adbc:

mermaid010: (with an added city by the same modeler)

Hansmar:

Hearty congratulations to our Bryce brothers for some excellent renders!

Organodron City default from Carrara.png
    1200 x 693 - 216K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 2017

We could keep rendering images with the free killer tomato.  devil

Find a free tomato or two here.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2419096/#Comment_2419096

juiced_full.jpg
    800 x 600 - 393K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited December 2017

City on the Edge of Time

Double click to see full size (if you want).

Organodron City on the edge of time.png
    3000 x 1733 - 6M

Beautiful city, UB.  And I should have said how impressed I was with the Bryce renders and with Stezza's Level 019.  Great job.  

edited December 2017

Thanks Diomede! 

Here is a portrait version:

Organodron City on the edge of time portrait 1.png
    1200 x 1733 - 3M

someone mention tomatoes 

thanks peeps...

I'm presently trying out spaghetti & meatballs  model from the 3drender.com challenge... it may go with tomatoes smiley

the Brycers do great renders.. I'm always sneaking in there for a look.. very inspiring stuff yes

Cool stuff, UB!

I did a different take on Level 19 just for fun. And it was fun ;)

Cool stuff, UB!

I did a different take on Level 19 just for fun. And it was fun ;)

Wow! Stunning image, incredible lighting. Wish I could achieve the same result with the native render. I like all the Michaels too.

Thank you. The lighting is actually very simple in this scene, though there are 66 of them. And those aren't Michaels. They're Predatron's LoRez Masked Super Hero!

LoRez Lorenzo (which Masked SH is based upon) has so many different morphs - Dwarf, Elf, Orc, Zombie, this guy in the foreground is one of the aliens, and it comes with a crap-load of excellent texture variations. Super hero comes with a bunch of textures for super heroes, but having Lorenzo gives all the other race types and creatures, etc.,

As you can see, however, he's not really meant to be shot up close like this. We begin to see his LoRez-ness! LOL

Varsel made a whole bunch of free add-ons for Lorenzo available at his ShareCG gallery. 

They are based on Generation 4 rigging and work okay with Gen4 poses except that their feet are modeled flat (like Genesis) instead of pointing down, so the feet parts of the poses need fixing. But they (Lorenzo and Loretta and the rest of the lineup) are excellent for projects like what I'm planning to do, where everything doesn't need to be entirely realistic - also if they are to remain in the background.

But Michael, in his various generations, works great in Carrara for that as well, so I have a bunch of characters of him too - M2, M3, and M4 with one M5 and M6 so far.

Oooops. Babbling again. Sorry.

This wasn't the first time I've flipped a Volumetric Cloud upside down, but it is the first time I've kept it in the scene long enough to render it.

With shape lights on each of the large billboard signs in the lower hall (of Level 19), I created a Volumetric Cloud in square dimensions, scaled it way down and cranked the scaling slider all the way down to 0 and stuck it in the shaft where the stairs are going down. The lights accentuate it dramatically.

In my first few renders, I kept thinking the same thing: With that fog rising, why isn't there any gathered up by the ceiling? I know... it's CG. We don't have to be Real. But I wanted to see what it looked like, so I duplicated my clouds, flipped the upside down and scaled it up a little and put the flat side (underside flatness) poking mostly through the ceiling. I ended up just leaving it like that.

edited December 2017

The other volumes are Light Cones that look like this in their own pass

Robots Down_VolumeEfects.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 112K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Dart - you are a Master at this type of atmospheric rendering, top work (and thanks for the explanations)!

edited December 2017

Lorenzo rocks! I like him. And thank you very much for the explanation. That's a great idea to use a cloud upside down. I must try it.

Recently I dug up my original low-poly (hero-like) figure still alive on my mac modeled early last year. It was rigged in DS, and I gave it a try in Carrara. It works, but it doesn't have a mouth and it has issues with elbow joints.

Doc19.png
    875 x 1200 - 435K
    Doc47.png
    875 x 1200 - 940K
    Post edited by Vyusur on

Great hero pose!  And with the correct shaders, your hero could protect us all from horrible monsters - if the guy from the science patrol presses the button in time.  In other words, with a few tweaks, could be the original Ultraman.  smiley

PhilW said:

Dart - you are a Master at this type of atmospheric rendering, top work (and thanks for the explanations)!

Thank you! I didn't really explain properly or completely, however. I really want to do a quick tutorial on this. For example, I've shown the extra pass I did for Volumetrics, which I added in order to accentuate the effect in post, but never used it. 

V-Clouds can add some extra render time, but we also have to be careful with them when it comes to lighting, because they actually work as volumetric lighting to whatever they cover in the scene. Some things might even get an appearance of looking like they're covered in frost.

So in that scene without the clouds, that upper right corner where we see the ceilieng grating was almost black it was so dark.

I'm using some ideas gleaned from magaremoto's techniques - using ambient cranked way up as well as his earlier ideas of using clouds as a sort of global illumination through volumetrics.

Anyway... now I just need to spend more time on the new Light X lights. I still need to figure out how to use them with their different value than what I'm used to seeing. I've been out of luck so far - but that was only one short session with them.

Vyusur said:

Lorenzo rocks! I like him. And thank you very much for the explanation. That's a great idea to use a cloud upside down. I must try it.

Recently I dug up my original low-poly (hero-like) figure still alive on my mac modeled early last year. It was rigged in DS, and I gave it a try in Carrara. It works, but it don't have a mouth and it has issues with elbow joints.

Very cool figure! 

(secret info - I don't think his mouth needs to open!)

Yeah... I agree! Lorenzo, Loretta, and all of their subsequent LoRez partners Totally Rock!!!

The LoRez MU Workers make great scifi pilots in a pinch! The pilot pose files that come with many Content vehicles works great to get them into a good starting position!

I haven't done much with them yet, but I got the LoRez Horse as well, and they're amazing! Various texture options, saddle and bridle with texture options... all those awesom Predatron MorphForms dials built in... I just love his (and Diane) work! I'm never afraid to buy any of those - though I have slowed down if I see DUF-only. I'm getting more and more brave with that, but still would pick something that also includes the Poser formats over something that doesn't, if I have a choice.

BTW - I may be alone in this but non-realistic elbow shapes really never bother me. I think your hero looks fantatsic!

awesome Dart... and yes LoRenzo ROCKS!

he is in my render above also as the Phantom... he does get around yes

Vyusur that's one way to keep him quiet lol.. great figure

@diomede what can one say................................................................. other than 2min 44 secs of my life just vanished lol

Diomede said:

Great hero pose!  And with the correct shaders, your hero could protect us all from horrible monsters - if the guy from the science patrol presses the button in time.  In other words, with a few tweaks, could be the original Ultraman.  smiley

Whoa! Is there anyone/anything that Ultraman cannot vanquish? He's amazing!

They must have had a huge budget. I would probably have had to dress people up in monster suits in order to pull that off!

I've always loved this sort of thing when I was growing up. I never cared whether it was cheesy - as long as it wasn't real-life drama type stuff.

Like I just posted in Misty's thread, this is an excellent mini story about the professional career of Phil Tippet - told by the man himself! Bless him for carrying the Harryhausen torch all these years!

Diomede, Dart, Stezza, thank you!

Diomede, I like Ultraman. Especially I like his costume. Very good idea for the hero outfit.

edited December 2017

Failure!  For some reason, my attempt to use Organodron City had catastrophic failure.  Woe is me.  sad

Aaaargh.JPG
    1456 x 1003 - 119K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Bummer, I say!

Aaargh.  And another render error.  This time in the middle of a big landscape scene with lots of replcators.  Again, error in the middle of rendering.

May have to uninstall and reinstall.  Aaargh.

This discussion has been closed.