Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• Thank you very much for that information, that will save me a lot of time considering if i would make a dress for normal figure or directly to a shaped figure, so while some areas will be stretched, the textures also will be stretched on that bodypart.

• Philemo said:

Some test renders and what can i say?
    I can not recommend box-modeling clothes on a posed figure, that's not much fun :D

I guess your figure has too much curves for box modeling wink, that's why blush

lol :D

Just was curious if modeling on a posed figure is possible, answer is yes but i wouldn't do it again lol :)

Yeah - I'd avoid it if possible. It usually doesn't matter much for props and accessories, but for clothing you'd basically be doing twice as much work since you couldn't just model half and mirror it, not to mention possible issues where posed body parts might get too close together to work around them easily.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

I seen a real one at shopping this morning.... made me think of this post surprise smiley

• there was some spots where it wasn't easy to model around like the areas where the arms are very close to the body, the same about the dress and different leg position.
    The modeling itself wasn't the hardest thing to do but smoothing the shirt and skirt was a challenge :)

This render was now set with Octane Material but still testing out which Shader settings for Octane are good for skin textures.

006cs.jpg
    1283 x 717 - 189K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Not sure how 'into modeling' you are, but Josh Darling has many great videos on His YouTube Channel on how to work with the new technology of the Daz3d figures. 

This one, for example, is how to create JCMs (Joint Corrected Morphs) on clothing, but he has many others

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 2017

w.i.p. tweaking the beautiful skin maps of G8M + fibermesh hair by Neftis3d

G8 chinatown1.jpg
    1200 x 1333 - 160K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • w.i.p. tweaking the beautiful skin maps of G8M + fibermesh hair by Neftis3d

beautiful render, very realistic but the eyes needs a bit adjustment.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

thank you Chris, there are many things to review yet, but eyes are very difficult to tweak for me, especially the G8 ones: eyelids thin, shape unnatural, bulb too protrusive... imo; I'm going to add a jelly effect to pupils and sclera but I don't think to solve much; anyway skin maps from G8 are one of the best ever and fibermesh hair work fine in carrara

• cynthia1968cynthia1968 Posts: 34
    edited December 2017

Render done in Carrara 8.5, adjusted with Corel PhotoPaint :-)

Sybil-share-with-forum.jpg
    608 x 1080 - 412K
    Post edited by cynthia1968 on
  • thank you Chris, there are many things to review yet, but eyes are very difficult to tweak for me, especially the G8 ones: eyelids thin, shape unnatural, bulb too protrusive... imo; I'm going to add a jelly effect to pupils and sclera but I don't think to solve much; anyway skin maps from G8 are one of the best ever and fibermesh hair work fine in carrara

Do you render with the native Carrara engine or external renderer?
    I mostly use Genesis 2 eye textures for all my renders as they looks mostly the best from my point of view, i add a high amount of highight, shine, reflection and refraction but have to say that reflection will be rendered differently in octane than in carrara and i don't use bump maps in my eyes because the bump map let the eyes often look dry.

I like fibermesh hair as it is often used from artists outside from Carrara :)

Magaremoto, that hair looks fantastic!

Col render, Cynthia1968! Wow... V3, eh? She really is an amazing 3d figure. I remember when I first started getting into all of this (with Poser) and then Vicky 3 came out and turned the world on its head! I got my copy for free from Daz3d way back when. First thing I ever got from Daz, I think. I see you're having fun with volumetrics too! Awesome! yes

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

cant remember if i posted this one,

who dropped the cheese?

with postwork auto-enhance

dropthecheese.png
    1024 x 576 - 778K
    dropthecheese1.png
    1024 x 576 - 884K
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 2017

Making Christmas Cards....

Waiting for Santa....

SantaGirl01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Varsel on

whilst waiting for Santa to release the HiveWire dog..... 

LOL!

• well that scene is a bit of a dog's breakfast

lol

just waitin' for the dog.. if you've been following the thread over yonders it looks like it will be an awesome model... can't wait..... heart

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 2017

Don't feed them after midnight.

They don't like Klingons.

Just saw the new Star Wars film.

Post edited by Diomede on

Rosie and I like to get easy access to our usual seats, so we went Monday afternoon. I LOVED IT!!! But I'm a fanboy... I think I loved it before I ever even saw it. But I really did love it. Gars Man has mixed feelings, but liked it overall, I think.

Now I can't wait for:

1. Star Wars Episode IX
    2. Solo - A Star Wars Story
    3. Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi on BluRay/Digital

I really like the entire cast. Daisy really rocks her role! 

The whole returning cast along with the new member of the rebellion, Kelly Marie, are excellent. I enjoy watching them evolve with the story. But adding Benicio Del Toro was a great move! He's frakkin' awesome!

In case any Star Wars fans out there haven't heard, The Last Jedi's Writer/Director, Rian Johnson, was given the helm of a whole new, original trilogy set in the Star Wars galaxy by Disney and LucasFilm!

I'm really happy to see all of this attention to the franchise. I loved Rogue One and The Force Awakens and am really looking forward to seeing what Ron Howard has done with Solo!

• I'm more of a Star Trek fan :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Diomede said:

Don't feed them after midnight.

They don't like Klingons.

Just saw the new Star Wars film.

If you don't have Chohole's clipart (yes), you might be interested in my cute bird figure, which is clad in Carrara dynamic fur, as a freebie.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/220291/pogs-fanart-cute-bird-with-dynamic-fur-rigged-in-carrara

• Diomede said:

If you don't have Chohole's clipart (yes), you might be interested in my cute bird figure, which is clad in Carrara dynamic fur, as a freebie.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/220291/pogs-fanart-cute-bird-with-dynamic-fur-rigged-in-carrara

great one! :) Funny render :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

While the space puffins (porgs?) are cute - & apparently created cos it was easier than trying to digitally paint out all the birds on Skellig Michael, the crystal foxes were the wow factor for me cool

Oh and Gwen Christie should totally wear her stormtrooper armour on Game of Thrones!

I think I might be able to do a Carrara version of a crystal fox using Philemo's updated hair plugin.  Will give it some thought.  Here is a short video on the making of the crystal foxes for the film.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Oh to have all the technology that those people have!

PhilW said:

Oh to have all the technology that those people have!

...and buildings full of people paid to imagine all day...!!!

I'm more of a Star Trek fan :)

I am not one who is torn between the two, like most of my friends fall in one camp or the other, even if they like both. I like both - a lot. I also love the reimagined Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Dark Matter....

There are some Star Trek series that I haven't watched much of because they didn't grab my interest early enough - DS9, Enterprise, maybe another one or two. I have always intended to go back and give them a try one day - but haven't yet. I love the Original series as well as Next Generation and the movies that support them, and really love the new movies. 

the crystal foxes were the wow factor for me cool

Me too!

Diomede said:

I think I might be able to do a Carrara version of a crystal fox using Philemo's updated hair plugin.  Will give it some thought.  Here is a short video on the making of the crystal foxes for the film.

I don't have DCG's Anything Grows, but it allows us to incorporate an object at the end of the strand and many other possibilities. But if they are just a subtle element in the shot and don't need dynamics on the crystals, I bet we could get decent results using maps and replicator to get the crystals looking great amidst some snow-white fur! Yeah... not a big fan of the name they ended up giving them: Vulptex, but they had to be called something, right? Kudos to the folks who put them into motion!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Surface replicator would be a good place to start. Or Carrara's dynamic hair with very thick hairs.

This discussion has been closed.