Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

trippy walk through Howie's maze

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

very trippy, :)

.what's the distortion effect ?

• Now I know what Harry P felt like in "La Coupe de Feu" - yes, you guessed it I read them all in French !

3DAGE said:

very trippy, :)

.what's the distortion effect ?

slomovideo, it was only about 500 frames originally

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

that software looks interesting ,. i thought you might be using a displacement type of effect, but it's the artifacts from the slowmo process,. nice effect though :)

Twixtor has the same type of distorted artifacts,. but i also see it occasionally when i'm using RSMB (reelsmart motion blur) from RE:Vision.

3DAGE said:

that software looks interesting ,. i thought you might be using a displacement type of effect, but it's the artifacts from the slowmo process,. nice effect though :)

Twixtor has the same type of distorted artifacts,. but i also see it occasionally when i'm using RSMB (reelsmart motion blur) from RE:Vision.

I quite like the tween morphing and often use it for just that, it's a bit of a fussy software though, do a step wrong and it crashes, I have pretty much discovered what not to do though and now works fine

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited June 2018

wip test on AO + daylight

no post work

1.jpg
    3840 x 2339 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited June 2018

I bought my first G8 character!... to use with Misty's thingy yes

Puppet in Carrara.png
    640 x 480 - 145K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Stezza said:

Great! I see you rendered out two images and composited them later wink

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Great stuff, Stezza.  I bought the muppet right away.  Very happy to see that you can use it with Misty's Carrara character.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

lol  grover?

Selina said:
    Stezza said:

Great! I see you rendered out two images and composited them later wink

eagle eye... lol

that's what happens when you try to finish before the footy comes on telly wink

postwork will fix it yes

edited June 2018
    Diomede said:

Great stuff, Stezza.  I bought the muppet right away.  Very happy to see that you can use it with Misty's Carrara character.

yep.. took a gamble.. dunno how it'll go when I add some duds and hair from G2 though .. surprise

Post edited by Stezza on

Azure Kingfisher

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited June 2018

Great render Stezza!

Here's one I've been working. It's not the final version. I don't like the tree angle so much.

Winging it.jpg
    2100 x 1181 - 2M
    Post edited by evilproducer on

Thanks EP... it's my entry for the yearly Emp Ken's Open Rendering Contest over at Hivewire3D... awesome prizes and I suggest Carrara users jump in and enter..

Your image is a great start... some more work on the wing feathers needed like curling the tips to suggest movement/flapping etc.. great start yes

I don't mind the tree angles... but maybe showing some roots would change the visual style..

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Great render Stezza!

Here's one I've been working. It's not the final version. I don't like the tree angle so much.

That's a wonderful scene. Magical. Tree angle looks fine! How you do the clouds out of interest?

Stezza said:

Azure Kingfisher

wow, nice render, flighty birds those, I've never been that close to one, though we had one that visited the garden for a few weeks.

thanks for the heads up with emporer ken

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Stezza said:

Azure Kingfisher

Awesome.  Looks like you are in the running for a prize - again.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

The tree angle looks fine to me as well.  I'd like to see more body and face rimlights, but I know you are trying to respect the lighting and probably focus more on the wing's translucency.

Ditto HW's question.  Neat clouds.

• GipsGips Posts: 44
    edited June 2018

an error has occurred

Post edited by Gips on
  • Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited September 2018

I posted this over in the Art thread under Llola Lane's RENDER CHALLENGE for June. The theme is Pie. Thought you might like to have it here too...

A L I E N   T I M E P I E C E
    PIE

Selina

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

Very nice Selina!

edited June 2018

Thank you all for the nice comments about my last render. Here's a reworked version the scene. I like the trees better in this one. I'll try attaching a .zip file with my clouds since I was asked how I did them. It's easier to see than to explain. wink

zip
    zip
    scattered clouds.car.zip
    Taking Flight.jpg
    2200 x 1238 - 2M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • Thanks for the gift EP.. lovely translucence to the wings - a very engaging image yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited June 2018

Thank you for the freebie, @Evilproducer.  Love your artistry.  

@Selina, the timepiece effects are wonderful.  Fun idea.  Is the reflection of scene models or of an HDRI or similar 360 degree image?  Either way, cool animation.  I've never participated in Lola's render a month challenge so enjoyed visiting.  Lots of other good stuff there as well.  I've posted to her music/poetry thread a couple times, so not sure why I never wandered by the monthly thread before.  

@Stezza, glad I'm not an amphibian!  The colors really grabbed me, and just the right amount of DOF.  

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Thanks Diomede, the reflections and backdrop are HDRi with a shadow catcher plane to settle the object into the scene and the distant light's colour matched also. I didn't know there was a music/poetry thread I shall 'check it out' as they say for I play several musical instruments from the woodwind and keyboard family.

• Stezza said:

Azure Kingfisher

It is always the small details that really catch my eye... just love the frog in this bird's beak ! The positioning of the legs, truly wonderful Stezza heart

Thanks @Selina ...

took a while to get those legs just the way I liked.. I have a few of these beautiful little birds out the back that live and hunt along our creek.. the background is a photo I took of the creek.. entered this image into the 12th Annual Open Rendering Season Contest 2018 over at Hivewire3D.. Judged by the staff of Audubon California

Great prizes on offer as well valued over $3,200US

Just right for us Carrara users to enter... and I've been lucky enough to win a few of the prizes over the years waving the Carrara flag yes

• You're an excellent abasador, you deserve to win wink

This discussion has been closed.