Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

LOL!

Funny that I didn't even notice until now that my wire between the upper and lower right (left side of image) ailerons isn't connected on top until seeing the image on this page!

Tee Hee Hee!!! Me Feex! 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    MDO2010 said:

Communicator from the original Star Trek.  Modelled and rendered in Carrara, color adjustment for the old film effect done in Photoshop.

Great job on this!

• RestifRestif Posts: 61

Still love Carrara, I am fairly comfortable in it.  Here is a Jungle scene, if you look closely you'll see some Dinos foraging.

jungle on dino island Post2.jpg
    1100 x 598 - 441K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Here's the Sopwith Camel that we model under the tutelage of our very own Mr. Phil Wilkes during the fourth chapter of Infinite Skills' wonderful Advanced Carrara Techniques educational video course.

Mine uses different shaders than Phil's, though I did use his included texture maps and I've added a blurred circular plane where the prop is suppose to go for these in-flight shots, and added a cone tip for the prop, just for fun. I say 'mine', but this is actually the one Phil includes in the working files. I am going to build my own but, when I do, I think I'll use his lessons to build a different aircraft altogether, just to add to the collection.

Shown here being flown by Rosie over a scene built from Badlands EnvironKit with some additions from Woodlands ;)

When I saw that Daz Biplane, I almost added it to the cart until I realized that it was a Sopwith Camel, since we build that in our course. But heck... I do like collecting models, I may just buy it anyway. looks nice :)

The modeling course in which we model this aircraft is truly wonderful. During the chapter we learn a lot of modeling practices concerning the ins and outs of modeling from template images including prepping the images for use in the vertex modeler as modeling guides and, by the end, we're using Fenric's ERC for Carrara modifiers to control all four ailerons and their connecting cables from only one aileron. 

Thanks for posting this.  I had no idea that modeling a Sopwith was part of Phil's advanced course.  I have a lot to look forward to!

Very nice composition and render.  You are definitely the cloud master.

Restif said:

Still love Carrara, I am fairly comfortable in it.  Here is a Jungle scene, if you look closely you'll see some Dinos foraging.

That looks terrific, great atmospherics!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Stezza said:

Consolidated PBY-6A Catalina on Reconnaissance

This render from Stezza inspired me to look at a product I got over Christmas for free, the Daz Biplane (Sopwith Camel).

I wasn't expecting much as it looked pretty simple.  But it turned out to be a useful model (although more modest than the Catalina).

Here it is with mostly original biplane textures, accompanied by the venerable Aiko 3. 

It was a great learning tool, as I got to go deeper into Carrara terrain textures, and even volumetric clouds.

In the next version of the same scene, I got to play with reflections, and the equally venerable Aikobot Maria:

Still getting my footing in Carrara.  But after a couple of months, things are getting easier - not quite as easy as they were in Daz Studio, but the options are much greater, and exploring them is starting to become enjoyable.

Carrara is worth it for the lighting alone!

No postwork on either of the above.  Haven't modeled or animated anything yet.  Looking forward to it!

Aikoheart

luv the color palettes

PhilW said:
    Restif said:

That looks terrific, great atmospherics!

+1!!!

Here's the Sopwith Camel that we model under the tutelage of our very own Mr. Phil Wilkes during the fourth chapter of Infinite Skills' wonderful Advanced Carrara Techniques educational video course.

Mine uses different shaders than Phil's, though I did use his included texture maps and I've added a blurred circular plane where the prop is suppose to go for these in-flight shots, and added a cone tip for the prop, just for fun. I say 'mine', but this is actually the one Phil includes in the working files. I am going to build my own but, when I do, I think I'll use his lessons to build a different aircraft altogether, just to add to the collection.

Shown here being flown by Rosie over a scene built from Badlands EnvironKit with some additions from Woodlands ;)

When I saw that Daz Biplane, I almost added it to the cart until I realized that it was a Sopwith Camel, since we build that in our course. But heck... I do like collecting models, I may just buy it anyway. looks nice :)

The modeling course in which we model this aircraft is truly wonderful. During the chapter we learn a lot of modeling practices concerning the ins and outs of modeling from template images including prepping the images for use in the vertex modeler as modeling guides and, by the end, we're using Fenric's ERC for Carrara modifiers to control all four ailerons and their connecting cables from only one aileron. 

Thanks for posting this.  I had no idea that modeling a Sopwith was part of Phil's advanced course.  I have a lot to look forward to!

Very nice composition and render.  You are definitely the cloud master.

Thanks UB! Wait 'till you take that course... it's a Blast!!!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited January 2017

Messing around with Carrara's hair and puppy, that I've got as a Daz Christmas gift.

puppy_checker_.jpg
    900 x 882 - 671K
    Post edited by Vyusur on

Very cute and wonderful!

Awww... Very nicely done!

edited January 2017

Thank you, Phil! Is there any chance to save hair preset, that I created?

Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited January 2017

You can obviously save the scene, but you can also either drag the whole dog (including the hair) into your object tray, ready for re-use, or even just drag the hair into the object tray, ready to re-apply to the dog as and when required.  Note that it will only really work with that dog (or any model that shares the same polygon construction, so if the dog is a morph of a more general dog, it will work with that).

Post edited by PhilW on

Phil, thank you very much for the help! I am going to drop dog's hair into my tray!

Awww... Very nicely done!

Thank you, Dart!

Vyusur said:

Phil, thank you very much for the help! I am going to drop dog's hair into my tray!

She says, standing in line at the cafeteria! LOL

You're doing some excellent work, Vyusur!

..and Restif, it's really wonderful to see you back here, my friend!

heartheartheartheartheartheart buppyheartheartheart

return to mystic gorge 

Vyusur said:

She says, standing in line at the cafeteria! LOL

You're doing some excellent work, Vyusur!

..and Restif, it's really wonderful to see you back here, my friend!

laughyes

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    MistyMist said:
    Aikoheart

luv the color palettes

Thanks Misty!  I'm not one of those people that uses generation 3 because of nostalgia.  They still give me inspiration.  Maybe they do for you too.

Just got some "new" V3/M3 content yesterday.  Going backwards!

MistyMist said:

return to mystic gorge 

Very beautiful! I love especially the top one.

Vyusur said:
    MistyMist said:

return to mystic gorge 

Very beautiful! I love especially the top one.

ty, the autumn clouds comes with the set

MistyMist said:
    Aikoheart

luv the color palettes

Thanks Misty!  I'm not one of those people that uses generation 3 because of nostalgia.  They still give me inspiration.  Maybe they do for you too.

Just got some "new" V3/M3 content yesterday.  Going backwards!

too many good mil3 texture maps to ever give em up.  add a bit of render subdivision, good to go heart

goaling for HD smiley

tryin again after i change the tweeners.

practice practice practice  

I love that set! Oh man! Mystic Gorge is still one of my favorite places!

In this one (first 40 seconds) I was still very new to Carrara. I removed the realistic sky, vol. clouds, and all of the distant islands in place of my sky domes collection scene. I also used my own water. Kinda hard to see with my video titling, but I really love the flickering Carrara fire on the torches inside the monestary practice circle patios below.

I've seen this video before. There are still M4 and V4, as I see. I like your versions of them, I like the environment and the whole animation. I am still very far from creating any animation. Maybe I will begin making this kind of stuff when I have finished my current projects.

Yeah, I was the opposite. I started with animating, and then started focussing on trying to make it look decent. You make killer renders! I'm still learning. Lighting is the biggest thing for me. Yeah... back when I made that, M4 and V4 were the latest Daz3d figures - long before Genesis. But now... I like these charactes so much I'd like to just keep them instead of moving forward. Still on the fence.

That ShareWare-On-Sale site I was mentioning in the Free software thread just got me System Mechanic for free. I usually don't use that sort of thing, but it's got Windows 10 working so much better... I think I'll keep it! So with Carrara working so much better on this machine, maybe I'll give my Genesis 2 characters another try ;)

edited January 2017

It was really great being visited (albeit, very briefly) by Phil Drawbridge recently. I love his work so much.

Working on my saga, I need to make some decisions on large starships. Right away my first stop was what will become one of my Hero ships, Phil Drawbridge's Destroyer - HMS August. I've done some tweaking to it, and I'm still not done - but this is how she sits now.

Here are the guns as they come on the roiginal model. I always thought they looked a bit too big... somewhat out of scale. Probably just me.

So here is where I've gone in and shrunk them down and duplicated them to be more like our Navy warships - sort of thing. I'm no expert on warfare, so I just did this by look and feel.

It's cool how the guns have their own glow shader domain added to them, so in the upper picture, we can see the little lights where the guns are. The guns are more invisible now, but when the time comes, they should do their part and really look cool doing it!

HMS_Aug_Guns_Orig.jpg
    986 x 446 - 234K
    HMS_Aug_Guns_New.jpg
    865 x 440 - 263K
    HMS August D Cam1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 218K
    HMS August D Cam2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 263K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited February 2017

Oh... and I should mention that this (and his others) ship requires a Large scene magnitude. I do use it in Medium scenes when the focus is on smaller ship outside this beast, but she's over 4,700 feet long and over 1,600 feet wide and tall. 

For a sense of scale, I made a 10' cube and dragged it around the model, and found that the blue, glowing windows are a whole storey high at 10 feet. Yup... she's a sizeable ship alright!

Edit: Ooops. Sorry to incite such boredom.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Liking Misty's first Mystic Gorge render above, I swung the camera around 180 and pointed it the other way. I'm currently looking for wall art for my WIP, and I think this'll do nicely.

This discussion has been closed.