Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Wonderful render! And have you had a chance to go exploring yet? That scene has so many fun places for adventures to take plce... I just love it!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Then there's this. Howie's http://www.daz3d.com/world-gardens-japan-bundle Took nearly 3 hours to render on my i5 at 1920x1080. But so worth it!

• kitteh

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Liking Misty's first Mystic Gorge render above, I swung the camera around 180 and pointed it the other way. I'm currently looking for wall art for my WIP, and I think this'll do nicely.

nice pov of the waterfallsmileyheart

kitteh

furry kittehs heart

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I tawt I taw a puttee tat............. devil

Can't find a model of a Vultee Vengeance anywhere so this week I'm having a crack at modelling one... not quite finished yet but getting there,

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Yeah, I was the opposite. I started with animating, and then started focussing on trying to make it look decent. You make killer renders! I'm still learning. Lighting is the biggest thing for me. Yeah... back when I made that, M4 and V4 were the latest Daz3d figures - long before Genesis. But now... I like these charactes so much I'd like to just keep them instead of moving forward. Still on the fence.

That ShareWare-On-Sale site I was mentioning in the Free software thread just got me System Mechanic for free. I usually don't use that sort of thing, but it's got Windows 10 working so much better... I think I'll keep it! So with Carrara working so much better on this machine, maybe I'll give my Genesis 2 characters another try ;)

Thank you so much, Dart, for the compliment! I really appreciate the opinion of the master.

It was really great being visited (albeit, very briefly) by Phil Drawbridge recently. I love his work so much.

Working on my saga, I need to make some decisions on large starships. Right away my first stop was what will become one of my Hero ships, Phil Drawbridge's Destroyer - HMS August. I've done some tweaking to it, and I'm still not done - but this is how she sits now.

Here are the guns as they come on the roiginal model. I always thought they looked a bit too big... somewhat out of scale. Probably just me.

So here is where I've gone in and shrunk them down and duplicated them to be more like our Navy warships - sort of thing. I'm no expert on warfare, so I just did this by look and feel.

It's cool how the guns have their own glow shader domain added to them, so in the upper picture, we can see the little lights where the guns are. The guns are more invisible now, but when the time comes, they should do their part and really look cool doing it!

I like so much your space scenes, and the ships without any guns and the extra protrusions look much more beautiful!

Liking Misty's first Mystic Gorge render above, I swung the camera around 180 and pointed it the other way. I'm currently looking for wall art for my WIP, and I think this'll do nicely.

TangoAlpha, stunning scene!

• click to play, ran through Slomovideo as so short, lots of fur so was a slow render even with Octane.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

kitteh

I understand you like cats!! laugh

Cute wittle purr purrs!

edited February 2017

Snow Queen walk cycle test render. I recently modeled new dress for my female figure and tried how it works in animation:

https://youtu.be/QhW2cRZa7dw

Post edited by Vyusur on
    Vyusur said:

Snow Queen walk cycle test render. I recently modeled new dress for my female figure and tried how it works in animation:

Cool. What did you model it in?

Is the top part a second skin on the figure or are you using dynamics, or does it just follow morphs that well?

Love the shaders! That lacey dress part looks killer!

edited February 2017

Thank you, Dart. I modeled this gown in Blender. It is not a skin but one mesh above another. No dynamic clothing, no Marvelous designer – only my hands and Blender. I included some screen shots and several color variations.

2017-02-01_2310.png
    1185 x 1003 - 569K
    2017-02-01_2311.png
    1016 x 914 - 594K
    2017-02-01_2312.png
    454 x 855 - 436K
    Winter01.jpg
    762 x 1000 - 105K
    Vampiress_dance1.jpg
    631 x 1000 - 110K
    Fancy_witch00.jpg
    500 x 833 - 66K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    Vyusur said:

Very nice walk cycle and rendering - a bit OTT on the bounce maybe?!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

@Vyusur, Very impressive, especially as you had to do it yourself. yes.  I intend to take another look at Blender, but I really, really, really, hate hot keys instead of menu commands.  This has made it difficult for me to learn, not because Blender won't support my work flow (I am told), but because the free tutorials generally focus, focus, focus, on hot keys.

Vyusur said:

Thank you, Dart. I modeled this gown in Blender. It is not a skin but one mesh above another. No dynamic clothing, no Marvelous designer – only my hands and Blender. I included some screen shots and several color variations.

diomede said:

@Vyusur, Very impressive, especially as you had to do it yourself. yes.  I intend to take another look at Blender, but I really, really, really, hate hot keys instead of menu commands.  This has made it difficult for me to learn, not because Blender won't support my work flow (I am told), but because the free tutorials generally focus, focus, focus, on hot keys.

Vyusur said:

I wouldn't worry too much, my friend. You're doing so well in Carrara! Just keep up the fine works!

I'm going to be joining you really soon here.  Don't get me wrong... Blender is one amazing piece of software! It really is! But all 3d modelers are truly amazing in their own way. We just need to find the one that makes us feel comfy.

Vyusur... I love your modeling. You certainly have a gift of artistic talent and a great eye. I love all of the examples I see from both of you!

Wendy, we have a neighborhood kitty that always makes that same expression... even looks a lot like that one! 

Very nice, soft work!

PhilW said:
    Vyusur said:

Very nice walk cycle and rendering - a bit OTT on the bounce maybe?!

Thank you, Phil! As for the movements, I think, it's ok, when she walks on high heels and if the cloth is not too stiff.

diomede said:

Vyusur said:

Thank you very much, Diomede! In Blender, one can choose to use menus only. You do great stuff in Carrara and there is no reason to stop! But Blender is very powerful 3d software, and the one who will overcome his fear of the unfamiliar interface will be rewarded.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 9.01.01 AM.png
    682 x 786 - 122K

did a bit more on the Vultee Vengeance today seeing as the cricket in NZ was washed out!

Dartanbeck, thank you so much for your kind words!

Vyusur said:

Dartanbeck, thank you so much for your kind words!

It's not my fault... you did it! ;)

Oh, Stezza... Vultee Vengeance is fan-fricken-tastic!!! Very cool! Wonderful modeling and creativity!

Vyusur said:
    diomede said:

Vyusur said:

Thank you very much, Diomede! In Blender, one can choose to use menus only. You do great stuff in Carrara and there is no reason to stop! But Blender is very powerful 3d software, and the one who will overcome his fear of the unfamiliar interface will be rewarded.

Yeah. I've seen that it even has compositing tools and much more. I've also seen (and forgotten) the new interface additions since 2.7 something? I might just have to download the latest version and give it a whirl. Going to be doing some heavy modeling soon, but I'll likely be doing it in Carrara since I'm so comfy with it - but I might just try Blender too. What could it hurt, right? 

Vyusur said:
    diomede said:

Vyusur said:

Yeah. I've seen that it even has compositing tools and much more. I've also seen (and forgotten) the new interface additions since 2.7 something? I might just have to download the latest version and give it a whirl. Going to be doing some heavy modeling soon, but I'll likely be doing it in Carrara since I'm so comfy with it - but I might just try Blender too. What could it hurt, right? 

The last version of Blender is 2.78a and is better than ever before! There are many new features and tools. For example, Blender has very convenient painting tools and it was added new types of brushes in the last version. But I am going to continue practice modeling in my adorable Carrara, if I never going to settle for a single application.

2017-02-02_1104.png
    1563 x 971 - 861K

set up eva7 for carrara.

here she is in the gorge with subdragon

jan2017 pc challenge.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M

Wow. She looks awesome! Just amazing that you've got Genesis 3 working in Carrara. I'm impressed! yes

edited February 2017
    Vyusur said:
    Oh, Stezza... Vultee Vengeance is fan-fricken-tastic!!! Very cool! Wonderful modeling and creativity!

and a PITA to model... slowly getting there.. sorta

thanks cool

the quoting system on this forum is crap!

Post edited by Stezza on
    Vyusur said:
    Vyusur said:
    diomede said:

Vyusur said:

The last version of Blender is 2.78a and is better than ever before! There are many new features and tools. For example, Blender has very convenient painting tools and it was added new types of brushes in the last version. But I am going to continue practice modeling in my adorable Carrara, if I never going to settle for a single application.

Rock on! 

Since I've bought Carrara, I really have been more of a single-application-workflow kinda guy. I even refused to use postwork at first. Now I'm expanding into the postwork environment, settling on which apps to focus on for that, but still finding that I like Carrara for my entire 3D studio environment. As I start getting serious with more modeling, I'll be using Daz Studio for its wonderful content creation tools, and possibly getting into even more of its features, but Carrara truly will remain my main workshop. I just like it.

I have to admit, though, that I really might explore Blender - if only just for fun!

This discussion has been closed.