Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

do commanders where underpants? smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    MistyRara said:

do commanders where underpants? smiley

It depends on whether they're 'real men' or not ;)

• Highland fight video

Kewl!!! ;)

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited February 2017

Playing around with distance fog.

distance fog render

Green.jpg
    1000 x 1800 - 2M
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Lovely result!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

+1  nice effect :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

*Like* yes

Yes! Bravo!!!

• Thanks everyone! laugh

This was inspired by a painting my sister has up on her wall.  I see it every holiday but for some reason I really noticed it for the first time recently and wondered if I could create a similar effect in Carrara. Distance Fog is a scene setting that I always forget is in there but it has more uses than just making it look like you're underwater! wink

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

this was a surprise smiley

tuned the camera to face away from the realistic sky 'moon'light , the procedural looks signifigantly different. 

towards the moon

away from the moon

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited February 2017

done a Chartreuse Micro Bus, all I need now are eleven long haired friends of Jesus.. devil

Chartreuse Micro Bus.jpg
    800 x 450 - 370K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172

Catching the bus!!

V6BusStop.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

Awesome Sauce. Boss!

Thanks Dart, hard to find an Hdri that fit the scene.

Catching the bus!!

Good realism in the rendering!

Phil, everything I know about Carrara is due to your training videos. THANKS

edited February 2017

Thanks Dart, hard to find an Hdri that fit the scene.

I'm going to try playing around with this idea. I think Bryce only exports lower res HDR, but still... I want to try it. It would be really neat if we had the ability to add a spherical backdrop. So to do this I instead insert a sphere, apply the higher-res spherical map (not hdr) to the sphere's glow channel and adjust, and set it to not cast or recieve shadows. That way the lower res hdr can still be used for lighting, while using the higher res for rendering. Then we'd just need the higher res image - something easily done in Carrara

Generate HDR images for Carrara using Bryce

And then, of course, I like to use actual geometry for the near ground surface and nearby obstacles.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Phil, everything I know about Carrara is due to your training videos. THANKS

Very kind of you to say so - but it is YOU that used it and applied it and created the image!

Driving Home

V6DrivingHome.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

Nice shaders and render. Is that a shadow catcher on a spherical HDRI?

Spot on Dart, next project is getting to grips with interior lighting.

edited February 2017

I cheat with mine. But then again... I also cheat for my outdoor scenes as well. It's so cool seeing these reality based renders. Carrara really does a fine job of them, deosn't it? Quite some time ago, I watched Cripeman's video about Global Illumination, which got me into giving it a try in the same manner... I was amazed! I've been faking it all along!

Wait 'till you get into interior lighting. Are you going for physical situuations, lit from the outside with HDRI, with, perhaps, a light or two on inside as well? Carrara's browser has some fun experiments for that, as are there some nice example projects in this thread, just a few pages back.

Here is my older method of quickly faking it - almost unbelieveably simple lighting enhanced with a volumetric cloud and some post effects

For this one I actually shot five exposures of an interior and merged them into an HDRI (8000 x 4000 spherical renders from Carrara)

The image is a straight render using only the HDRI for lighting, GI (Sun Light in render room) on and Full Indirect Lighting - just as a test

And this is my newer, easier, faster interior lighting method, which replaces the slower volumetric cloud with volumetric for via spot lights

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2017

While being a pretty silly image in itself, this one is a test of how I light my interiors to Only light the interior. The characters each already have their own highlights lighting rigs which have also recently changed to match  the new faster setup.

It actually works quite well and is super easy to match the character rigs with what's going on in the scene. I do this sort of thing with exteriors too. When I make the exterior scene - I light the exterior scene, and that's it. In doing so I automatically (this is true for my interiors too) get lighting that casts the natural shadows from the characters onto the scene.

Like this one, yes, the environmental lighting is hitting the ship - but is much more subtle than the powerful highlight rig lighting that's making it Pop!

I'm sorry... I know we've seen these already....

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2017

I forgot to mention that, although these are from my gallery, they're all mostly just test renders - testing shaders, lighting and effects

Exception being the ship from the cave, which is an effected screen capture of a really cool animation ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Hadn't thought of using HDRI for interiors, there is a window to the outside so that is possible, will have to give it a try.

A quick tutorial on volumetric for spots would be nice (hint hint) looks very effective.

Yeah... back just a few pages in this thread, PhilW, FifthElement, magaremoto? some others were using (I thnik) HDRI for the light coming through the window. I guess that's a common flow for PBR (like Octane) users on scenes with daylight windows. I think some of the Interior scene examples in the browser are like that as well.

Much earlier in this thread I have a small write-up on how I use a gel in a spot to drive the fog setting of the light cone effect... hmmm... there. I just ran through the gist of it! LOL

I'm working (nearing completion) on some helpful articles on the ways I've been working in Carrara which I feel are a bit different than what might be considered 'usual', along with others. Stuff keep getting in my way! LOL

Although I've experimented with the Light Cone effect on and off over the years, it was this video, by GKDantas, that really inspired me to dig deeper. Toward the end he uses the volumetric spot light on the afternoon interior scene I was mentioning

Listening to music at home

ListeningToMusic.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Listening to music at home

feel free to amake it an entry in the music to my eyes contest.

This discussion has been closed.