• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

Cool! The noise is in fact good here.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    You're money's lost.

What money? :(

So looks like this effect is a bit of fun. Here two things I've experimented with. Both extremes. The Cthulhu also uses a negative specular setting offset by positive ambient in the material. Looks quite like the work of some serious postworking but all done in one render. Vicky did incorporate a postwork in the form of combining two layers - as a result considerably faster than the all in one approach of Cthulhu.

Burned_in1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 74K
    Neg_specular_+_ambient.jpg
    637 x 850 - 261K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited February 2013

Savage...that's a great piece of work...more futuristic than current. The cyclist better turn off his/her lights, though, else flat-batt syndrome ;)

What shape should the battery be? :-S

:cheese:

Meanwhile, still playing with the city blocks, which are a pain to move around but render very quickly considering.

BigCity.jpg
    1000 x 621 - 413K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

Savage...that's a great piece of work...more futuristic than current. The cyclist better turn off his/her lights, though, else flat-batt syndrome ;)

What shape should the battery be? :-S

:cheese:

Meanwhile, still playing with the city blocks, which are a pain to move around but render very quickly considering.

Nice lighting you've got on those city blocks. The place though looks a bit risky for flooding.

edited December 1969

My money is on Eireanne being the first to try this out..

You're money's lost.

Should read "Your money's lost".

Yes, we're not working enough with the negatives. They invert the colours. Cthulhu looks cool. I like what you did with Vicky. High contrast and warm colours.

@TheSavage64 - looking good. Lots of buildings.

edited December 1969

Nice lighting you've got on those city blocks. The place though looks a bit risky for flooding.

York is about 40 miles away from the sea and that floods about 4 times a year... Venice on the other hand... :-)
    edited December 1969

York is about 40 miles away from the sea and that floods about 4 times a year... Venice on the other hand... :-)

Venice on the other hand... is already flooded?

I live five minutes walk from the sea... which maybe should concern me? But I have an attic room - as is traditional for artists?

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@Jamahoney:

Re: Question for Horo.

Btw…I was wondering in recent posts by you the ‘squiggle’ thingy in your images…but now see it’s your sig’.

I asked Horo the same question only yesterday when I saw it on an image on Bryce5.com.

• mx42bmx42b Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

This is a very cool effect. Thank you Mr. Brinnen for sharing the how to on it.

8as.png
    836 x 622 - 717K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited February 2013

What shape should the battery be?

Haha...flat!

Stuart...I've also seen some other renders done (not here in Bryce) with a small rendered-looking frog placed obscurely in some place or other in an image (you wouldn't really see it, and so kinda have to look out for it). Odd thing is, however, a TV advert running on Sky also has a frog hopping in the background, and so I'm wondering is there something about frogs that the CG people know about, does it stand for something or other...etc.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited February 2013

The building was made in Wings3D, the Amadillo is from the Stanford 3D Scanning Repository: http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/ them, there is also a Victoria 3 from DAZ 3D. The horizontal angle of view is around 150 degrees, the EWL fisheye lens was used. Lit by the visible light sources (included in the Bryce 7 Content Bundle 2 which has not yet been published but has been ready for 2 years), and the sun. All lights (over 100) have 20% soft shadows. Rendered premium with 36 rpp, lower left part with 256 - near the squiggle :)

EDIT to add - the material on the outside is Lincolnshire Wolds by David.

CLFE.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 274K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

One more: 'Under attack' - blood platelets with some nasties attached. Something you don't want your doctor seeing in the microscope after a visit.

Doc: "Well, I've got some bad news and some very bad news"
    You: "What's the bad news?"

Doc:"Well, it's like this - you've only got one more day to live."
    You: "WHAT? How can there possibly be badder news then that?"

Doc: "Well, ahem...cough...erm, we should have called you yesterday"

:)

attackonplatelets.jpg
    1000 x 513 - 257K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Horo, that is really nice I am liking the fish eye effect...when will the new product be out?? The armadillo is kinda cute too but we have those in real life where I'm at and they dig up everything.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Just finished rendering this.
    Found the truck at www.archive3D.net, they say they have 35,000 plus models.
    The ground is Davids Desert and Stone.
    Changed it to suit what I wanted and left it to render while I watched TV.
    Just looked at the finished image and it's turned out looking like a child's
    toy truck.
    Quite like it though. Don't normally use other peoples models but a truck was a bit to much.

ruck.jpg
    800 x 600 - 324K
  • eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    You're money's lost.

I was still sleeping. Dont forget the GMT+8 hours of time difference. I just woke up.
    Very nice video :)
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    The building was made in Wings3D, the Amadillo is from the Stanford 3D Scanning Repository: http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/ them, there is also a Victoria 3 from DAZ 3D. The horizontal angle of view is around 150 degrees, the EWL fisheye lens was used. Lit by the visible light sources (included in the Bryce 7 Content Bundle 2 which has not yet been published but has been ready for 2 years), and the sun. All lights (over 100) have 20% soft shadows. Rendered premium with 36 rpp, lower left part with 256 - near the squiggle :)

EDIT to add - the material on the outside is Lincolnshire Wolds by David.

Now that what I call lens distortion.
    The Armadillo looks more like a teenage mutant hero armadillo.
    edited December 1969

Flood averted, but the city seems to have developed a smog problem...

FogCity.jpg
    1000 x 743 - 293K
    edited December 1969

Flood averted, but the city seems to have developed a smog problem...

Maybe they should crack down on smoking. ;)
    edited December 1969

Sum dreggens.

one only davids shine isolated and without shadow.

oh, and I illuminate the dreggin with lights and not with the sun.

davshine6.jpg
    840 x 630 - 79K
    davshine5.jpg
    840 x 630 - 67K
    davshine3.jpg
    840 x 630 - 63K
    davshine1.jpg
    840 x 630 - 94K
    edited December 1969

No, what they should do is start allowing smoking indoors again... And all the anti-smokers can effoff somewhere else and open their own non smoking venues. ;-)
    TopHat-Cigarette2.jpg
    807 x 576 - 63K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

TheSavage64, nice ad!!! everytime I see your avatar I have to go outside and smoke....LOL

edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - nicely done, good story.

@StuartB4 - the truck looks like a toy truck because if the DOF. If the backdrop were sharp, the truck would look large.

@TheSavage64 - the city turned out very nicely with this camera an hate settings. Great ad! I've met a lot of interesting folks outside - though inside it's cosier.

@eireann.sg - the effects on the dragon are great. The first is amazing.

edited February 2013

TheSavage64, nice ad!!! everytime I see your avatar I have to go outside and smoke....LOLWell, my first comment was smog inspired, I mean the smog on the first pic.
    I myself must have a smoke allergy. I cant take all kinds of smoke. Smoke makes me dizzy.
    Once I was in Colombia with some friends who smoked marihuana. I dont understand why those morons had nothing better to do than that but I passed out from the smoke.
    When I came to I went to the beach and felt the need to talk about my experience. A friend said I was stupid to hang out with such people. Even Alcohol makes me feel more bad than good.

@eireann.sg - the effects on the dragon are great. The first is amazing.

Happy you liked the dreggins.
    What I somehow always do is play with lights instead of the sun. I still find the sun's position and its character difficult to handle, a bit fiddly and I dont like faffing around.

Even in that older pic of mine I achieved that glowy effect with the help lights.

bloop_031.jpg
    800 x 600 - 116K
    Post edited by eireann.sg on
    edited December 1969

No, what they should do is start allowing smoking indoors again... And all the anti-smokers can effoff somewhere else and open their own non smoking venues. ;-)

You are working for the government, right? ;)
    I heard your government urgently needs the tax dollars coming from the cigarette sales.

edited February 2013

Horo said:
    You're money's lost.

I was still sleeping. Dont forget the GMT+8 hours of time difference. I just woke up.

You sleep? What an anti-social dirty habit! Should the government tax it or ban it? Only fooling, sleep is wonderful, I admit I'm an addict, I want the stuff every day and if I go without, I start to get withdrawal almost immediately.

Anyhow, moving on from the oblique social commentary that has slipped into this thread. Dave, got me thinking about snow in this other thread. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16063/P15/#237464

And so I have adapted the fluorescent effect to do snow. The details of the material, light and render settings I've posted in the other thread if you are curious.

As Horo commented beautiful effect on the dragons Eireann,

And Horo's interior with the fish eye view lens reminds me what I should be doing this Sunday morning (not praying to the Armadillo god - that's Tuesday silly) but testing the lens system he has come up with. Instead I've been tinkering with snow again. Great render Horo, and a reminder that publishing products is a slow and laborious process. We need to nag Brian again it seems?

You are welcome cryptically named, mx42b.

Right I'll try and get some work done now.

Show_via_electon_effect1.jpg
    700 x 700 - 197K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    You're money's lost.

You sleep? What an anti-social dirty habit! Should the government tax it or ban it? Only fooling, sleep is wonderful, I admit I'm an addict, I want the stuff every day and if I go without, I start to get withdrawal almost immediately.

Anyhow, moving on from the oblique social commentary that has slipped into this thread. Dave, got me thinking about snow in this other thread. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16063/P15/#237464

And so I have adapted the fluorescent effect to do snow. The details of the material, light and render settings I've posted in the other thread if you are curious.

As Horo commented beautiful effect on the dragons Eireann,

And Horo's interior with the fish eye view lens reminds me what I should be doing this Sunday morning (not praying to the Armadillo god - that's Tuesday silly) but testing the lens system he has come up with. Instead I've been tinkering with snow again. Great render Horo, and a reminder that publishing products is a slow and laborious process. We need to nag Brian again it seems?

You are welcome cryptically named, mx42b.

Right I'll try and get some work done now.I am happy you too liked the dragons. I couldn't have done it without you :)
    Just following yet another one of your nice tut and fiddling around with the lights.

Antisocial: I know, I am an antisocial twat. I think sleeping should b banned because it makes people lazy, especially while they are sleeping. They could naturally also decide to tax it if they cant get enough smokes taxes.

Snow is some fun stuff, too, as long as you manage to keep your distance :)

edited December 1969

Is that a typo Erieann? I think you might have meant to say you are an antisocial "person". Edit it before Pam gets her big stick out!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2013

Cho scans rapidly through her list of forbidden words, no can't find it there. Hmm

I guess that if Robert Browning can famously misuse the word then it is fine for forum members to do so as well :roll:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Cho scans rapidly through her list of forbidden words, no can't find it there. Hmm

I guess that if Robert Browning can famously misuse the word then it is fine for forum members to do so as well :roll:

The list of forbidden words should be posted in the TOS so we know what we shouldn't write.

edited February 2013

Is that a typo Erieann? I think you might have meant to say you are an antisocial "person". Edit it before Pam gets her big stick out!
    Yes, Erieann is a typo. The proper way to spell it is Eireann.
    Sorry, some of my jokes can be a hint off the mark, off spec in the 'normal world dictionary'.
    I might not be really antisocial but I have got only about 3 friends. I used to have 4 but one of them died in June. Streptococcus infection caught in China. I meet those remaining friends probably 3 or 4 times per year. So, you cant really call me a social person either.
    Maybe unsocial would be a better word.
    No, Its not because I am fat. My BMI is ard. 21. Last week a guy tried to dig me. He wanted to show me his pics and thought I look like a model. When he tried to shake my hand I didnt know what to do...shake his hand, give him a take 5 slap or walk away. I walked away.
    I have enough friends.
    Post edited by eireann.sg on
This discussion has been closed.