Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,527
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo - looking nice, those mirror things.

@Dave - lion with ivy looks good, the second one looks a bit like meat to me ;)

@Trish - nice ivy render. By the way, there are many additional tools that can be used with Bryce. I have listed some on my website (see sig). Go to Raytracing > Tools.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Dave - lion with ivy looks good, the second one looks a bit like meat to me ;)

Well I suppose meat with a high iron content can technically go rusty... I wouldn't want to eat it by that point though. :cheese:
    edited March 2013

As an antidote to exploring the DTE for two days, something extremely simple...

WatersideRuin.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 344K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

Impressive back lit scene.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Here's was my entry in the last Renderosity Bryce challenge, based on a balloon model by Orbital. Sadly it's also the last entry because they're shutting it down due of lack of participation. Oh well...

"Trial Run"

Credits:
    Balloon: Orbital (obviously)
    Figure: Genesis male
    Clothing: DZFire's Defiant
    Plants: Lisa's Botanicals

Software:
    Modo 6: all other objects
    Arbaro: bushes
    D|S 4.5: figure posing and bridge to Bryce
    Photoshop CS4: Original HDRI for global illumination, some contrast correction and sig
    Bryce 7.1: Terrains and planes, non-image materials, staging, illumination and rendering

Rendered with True Ambience and IBL at 16RPP - about 7 hours (mostly due to the large, distant volumetric cloud sphere).

Thanks for looking!

trial_run.jpg
    1000 x 667 - 300K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Ivy lion really look great, though that lion looks a bit sad it isn't fresh meat. Love the affects on the second one, along with the cracked lake bed(?). And I'm in agreement with Horo about your last image. Though I just shake my head when someone with your skills use the word simple in a sentence. They're all super.

@Bullit: That's really nice looking Ivy. Are we to expect the giant to appear soon?

@Dan: Wow, nice.

@Jay: Yeah, I like the second one better, also. The object in the first one is too close to the camera.

@bigh/Horo: Thanks.

I took Jay's mirror idea and instead of stacking them individually on top of each other, I made a triangle of them before multi-replicating them. And as with mice and men, the results weren't what I'd expected. But they still came out rather nice, I think. Below are three I liked.

Multi_Triangles_4.png
    757 x 757 - 677K
    Multi_Triangles_3.png
    757 x 757 - 932K
    Multi_Triangles_2.png
    757 x 757 - 441K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Savage...oh yeah....”something extremely simple”...huh, so arrogant...hahaaa ;)

Dan...great stuff, oh, and btw, love the latest Stonemason entry.

Guss...think you’re becoming a master in all this mirror thingy stuff...the last one is super. Reminds me of those deathly bacterial crystals as seen in that wonderful film ‘The Andromeda Strain' (YouTube vid intro).

Jay

edited March 2013

GussNemo said:
    Though I just shake my head when someone with your skills use the word simple in a sentence. They're all super.

Thanks Guss.
    "simple" is a funny word isn't it. Simplicity is a skill in itself. :-)

This one didn't turn out exactly how I planed it, but it was something I hadn't done before.
    Editing the 'Stratus Clouds' in the DTE.

More time setting up the sky colours in the sky lab perhaps?

OceanCloud2.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 206K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited March 2013

@Jay: I don't know about the master part, since they didn't turn out as I hoped--which happens most of the time--but it still was interesting to see the results. The Andromeda Strain multi-replicated so much faster than mine do. Just as an FYI, the orange clouded looking image was done with a radial light stretched the length of the mirror tower.

@Dave: That is so true. Simplicity in your hands is not the same in mine, or others who are rather new to any Bryce type program. That image may not have turned out as you intended, it still looks nice. Reminds me of days when grass fires have been running through the area and smoke is everywhere.

If you saw my first two mirror tower images, the purple ones, I took the second one and change the color to a red/orange. I also added another radial light near the top and set it to a red/orange color. The following image took almost 4 hours to render, at the loss of some sleep (yeah I know, who needs sleep) but I'm rather pleased with the results.

Red_Shattered_Sphere_w_Lip_757_x_757_2.png
    757 x 757 - 772K
    Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

@Dan - great render. I see, you've mastered Arbaro.

@GussNemo - I like the centre one most, it's so modest and yet beautiful. The other two are great as well, of course. The newest one has a royal feel to it, probably the colour.

@TheSavage64 - there is beauty in simplicity, it is often more difficult to come up with an impressive render that is simple than an "overloaded" one. Last one is a good example. I like the clouds.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Playing around with mats, maths, and probably meths, too; judging from where this came out of deep within the chambers of a so-called a brain ;)

Title: "Atomic Thinking"

atomic-thinking.jpg
    1384 x 781 - 710K
  • TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

I sort of like that Jamahoney, nice
    Come on you lot pump up the rays to the max :)

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Savage64 you say extremely simple...I say beautiful image!!

Guss; The second blue one is my favorite!!! P.S. the giant is coming...Ha Ha

Dan; Too bad about the contest your entry is very nice!!

Jamahoney; Wow that is something....space age great colors

Tapioca; since your here I just wanted to say Thank you for the great flax plant model very well done!!

So is everyone going to enter the render contest????

edited December 1969

@Horo: Thanks.

@bullit: Thanks. I like the first blue because of the light spears, and the second blue because of the pattern.

@Jay: Does that guys' body know you've borrowed its head? That's a neat looking image.

How about my first try using a open top box made of 2D faces set to mirror? The camera's inside the box just above the sphere, aimed at the north face with a FOV of 25. I'm sort of okay with the lighting in this image, but I think it could be better. So more playing around.

Mirror_Box_w_Sphere_757_x_757_1_1.png
    757 x 757 - 290K
  • MrSilusMrSilus Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Here's my latest render, which I called "Hope" as in the message in the bottle carries the hope of the castaway :)

hope.jpg
    800 x 500 - 141K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

MrSilus said:
    Here's my latest render, which I called "Hope" as in the message in the bottle carries the hope of the castaway :)

very nice work

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    very nice work

Thank you :)

I should add more info about it, since I didn't in the original post:

Rendered in Bryce 7.1 Pro, Bottle is a model from archive3d.net, everything else (including cork) was made in Bryce.
    16 RPP, True Ambience (with TA Scateering Correction), Soft Shadows, Reflection Correction and Depth of Field used

Volumetric Clouds material was created in Bryce and then pre-rendered in 360 panoramic mode in another project. It was added to a sphere that covers the whole scene, like what was shown in one of David's tutorials.

Both regular cloud coverage and mask panoramas took about 5 hours each to render. The final scene took about 4 and half hours.

edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - interesting Atomic Thinking.

@GussNemo - there is a lot that can be made with mirroring object. Nice example.

@MrSilus - great render. The waves look quite convincing and the sky is also excellent. Ok, it took some time to render, but it was well worth the waiting.

edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you. I can maybe see applications with the others I did, but can quite see how my latest could be used. But I'm young on experience, too.

@Mr Silus: That's a bang up image. Nice job. One question I had, and I went back and look at the image again, would it be better to have the glass bottle material a bit lighter so the note can be seen? The note in the bottle is the theme of the image, after all.

• mx42bmx42b Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Routine maintainance inspection. Somebody's got to do them...

AccesswayZG.png
    836 x 622 - 1M
    edited March 2013

mx42b said:
    Routine maintainance inspection. Somebody's got to do them...

Yeah, I can tell. But then, easy in zero gravity. Nice idea, nicely done
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@Horo Thanks. Indeed it took quite a while and only at this "tiny" resolution. I usually try to render @ 1920x1200, but I avoided it for now :)

@GussNemo: Thanks. Your suggestion makes sense. The message in the bottle is very important in the context of the image. The original render is less "contrasty" and the glass looks "lighter" in color, but I post-processed it a bit after rendering, because there were a few render artifacts (black dots) that I had to correct manually and I ended up adjusting brightness/contrast which made the image a bit darker than it originally is.

By the way, really liked your latest render with mirrors. Would love to see color variations of it, especially in blue.

@mx42b Very creative image and also a routine inspection that is worthy of notice :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

2nd face of the Goddess (cos I started with the Winter one). This is Goddess as maiden, or the spring face of the Goddess if you prefer.

goddess_as_maiden_again.jpg
    675 x 900 - 549K
    edited December 1969

@chohole Very nice. Really like the effects around the maiden Goddess. They blend nicely with everything else in the image.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Done with Ron's Digital energy. Just to prove even my post work is done with DAZ 3D content. lol

http://www.daz3d.com/rons-digital-energy

edited December 1969

3 1413 night patrol

3_1403.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 255K
    edited December 1969

@mx: That's a nice image, though I don't see a tool pouch. :-)

@Mr Silus: Because the top is open to the sky, outside light is the main light source. That image also has a radial light surrounding the entire box, hence the compartment look. I'm still at the experiment stage with the lighting, so it might be a while before different colors appear.

@Pam: That's a lovely image. The dress came out quite well. Nice job.

@bigH: That's a neat image. Did you have a time period in mind?

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @mx: That's a nice image, though I don't see a tool pouch. :-)

@Mr Silus: Because the top is open to the sky, outside light is the main light source. That image also has a radial light surrounding the entire box, hence the compartment look. I'm still at the experiment stage with the lighting, so it might be a while before different colors appear.

@Pam: That's a lovely image. The dress came out quite well. Nice job.

@bigH: That's a neat image. Did you have a time period in mind?

thank you - 1930s / 40s

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    2nd face of the Goddess (cos I started with the Winter one). This is Goddess as maiden, or the spring face of the Goddess if you prefer.

delightful !

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited March 2013

Mr silus; I like your image hope clouds are beautiful....although the bottle looks alittle flat

chohole; very nice like your special effects ...how did you do that??

bigh; good foggy render, cool vehicle!!

mx426; great colors neat idea

Guss;you have knocked one out of the park with your mirrors image awesome!!

I was playing with shaders in daz on the mil. lion he came out fine rendered there with his shutter shader on but when I moved him to Bryce he came out like this.....Daz sent the maps is there a way to fix him??? Is this something we can put on the fix list for the new version?

David; Thanks the large address aware cured my render problem!!

exp1.jpg
    441 x 701 - 124K
    exp01.png
    524 x 512 - 187K
    Post edited by Trish on
This discussion has been closed.