Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

Thank you David. But that one is beautiful while mine is just an experiment. Ivy has been nicely grown over the face. A new way for displacement?

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Dave, like it, but now you've made me crave Chewits!
    Thanks... have a pack (see below)

... More noodling,

David, like it but now you've made me crave noodles [all over my face]. :cheese:
    ManyPacks.jpg
    750 x 975 - 595K
    edited December 1969

Is anyone else not able to click the attached pictures to see the full size?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

works for me. Have you by chance got another image opened full size that you clicked on and forgot to close. Than happens to me sometimes, they hide down on the task bar

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Oh my, that noodle face is ‘creepy’.

Big image preview works also here, Savage...sure it's not Winegums...hic...you're doing :)

Still playing around with the mirrors – anyone got a smoke :)

blue-oranges.jpg
    1658 x 863 - 855K
    edited March 2013

It might have been that Pam... I just restarted Firefox and it's Ok now so maybe it was that. :)

Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Still playing around with the mirrors – anyone got a smoke :)

Doesn't look like you need one. :cheese:
    edited December 1969

A simple render, but my first go at making a 3D picture.
    It's one of those where you have to make your eyes go a bit crossed and it's best to view it at full size.

Building-3D.jpg
    1001 x 648 - 419K
    edited December 1969

And here's my second one.

Packs-3D.jpg
    1010 x 650 - 540K
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

David- Very interesting use of the Ivy Generator. Very cool!
    Horo - Love the building render, especially the shadows.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited March 2013

David- Very interesting use of the Ivy Generator. Very cool!
    Horo - Love the building render, especially the shadows.

Thank you Dan, here's another...

When the mask slips.

Edit... sorry Jay, more creepy noodles.

Vicky_Mythago_head2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 253K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited March 2013

@Dave - more chewits with soft shadows and flying.
    3D picture needed a bit of time to get it, the large one took another moment. I'm not completely convinced, the light post left of the obelisk somehow appears within the palace.

@Dan - thank you.

@David - this mask looks almost like bees, at least in the small image. A bit creepy.

@Jamahoney - looks a bit like a toon picture from a rocket exhaust fire. It is important too look at it in the full size. One gets drawn in, much less so for the small one.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2013

Part of the continuing oriental theme.

umbrella.jpg
    614 x 817 - 431K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Beautiful hat!

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go and see how it turns out. The ivy vines really looks neat, though on the faces is a bit creepy looking. Color of the dragon goes well with the background.

@Horo: That's a nice looking interior.

@Dave: Took me a minute to realize how those three Chewits packs were place. Nice job. The 3d pictures didn't work for me. I usually can see pictures based on unfocusing the eyes, but not with either of those pictures. Still, both are really good looking.

@Jay: Nice looking image.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Beautiful hat!

Is it a hat or a fan? I'm confused. Still the overall effect is very pleasing.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited March 2013

Parasol maybe? And a nice one BTW

@David: Good use of Ivy Creator, but creepy. ;-) Looks like skin disease.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited December 1969

Parasol maybe? And a nice one BTW

@David: Good use of Ivy Creator, but creepy. ;-) Looks like skin disease.

I meant parasol! I don't know why I said fan... I just couldn't remember the name of it. Yeah, the ivy thing on her face, it does look a bit horrible really.

edited December 1969

Many thanks all for the comments re: the [parasol] (yep, parasol ;) ) work. The parasol was the main theme of the image, really, as it inspired the work. In Japanese history, and even today, it features in many Kibuki theatres where it sometimes has its very own Parasol Dance – YouTube vid).

Btw, the female model is one I found on a site awhile back, which I feel she is too buxom, but went ahead with it anyway.

Cheers

parasol.jpg
    554 x 785 - 349K
    edited December 1969

Oh - then it wasn't a hat after all. Yup, the parasol is very nicely crafted.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Where's the ship

Wheres_the_ship.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 331K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Jay: Personally, I like the image of the parasol from behind. Still, it does look good.

@bigh: That image makes me wonder when I'm going to wakeup. Still an interesting image.

Ok, so I followed David's suggestion about increasing the sun intensity before converting the Bryce sky to an HDRI. But when the interior of the building was rendered it still looked like it was filled with water. I watched both of his videos several times to make sure I had the lighting set correctly, which I did, but still got an interior that looked like it was filled with water.

I then decided to see what a render would look like if the building was default gray. I also made sure all settings in the Mat Lab were white, which they weren't. The setting I looked at all had a tint of green in them, which I believe accounted for the green tint in my previous render. While I was at it I increased reflections to 100%, just to see how it would affect the image. Well, it did a good job of affecting the image, which I rendered at 64 RPP. This render look good, was sharper, and brighter compared to my first one. And the green tint was gone. Because of the increased lighting I'm wondering if increasing reflections to 100% didn't have some good affect. Anyway, I set RPP to 256 and did a final render, which is displayed below. As always, comments are welcomed.

Clover_Leaf_Bldg_Interior_5.png
    720 x 960 - 1M
  • mx42bmx42b Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Inside a polished silver column style B capped at one end with a gold sphere and an etched gold (~33bump) cone at the other end. Six ruby toruses each with a corresponding radial light with ruby gel. and a ruby sphere in the center with a radial light inside. The column, cone and sphere have cast shadows disabled so that the bryce sun does add illumination inside and the background is the star field with no ground plane. rendered at 16rpp.

Random0001.png
    836 x 622 - 944K
    edited December 1969

Fun with labels. :cheese:

Horseradish.jpg
    498 x 682 - 153K
    edited December 1969

@bigh - nice and strange render. I found the ship but not the shadows. Cool trees, by the way.

@GussNemo - I like how this render came out, lighting looks good to me. Very clean render.

@mx42b - Excellent. It has some 3D feel.

@TheSavage64 - I always like your "products". Very imaginative and very well done.

edited March 2013

Bigh...I actually like this work..it has a very 60's colour feel to it.

Guss...very nice work...how would this look if you had, say, two or three, differently-coloured radial lights (soft effect) positioned at midway points along the length of the interior column? I would image it would look even cooler.

Mx42b...it's kinda like the mirror-tunnel thingy, only your's is more solid. Have you tried putting several long objects (e.g. long thin toruses, extended rugby-like speres...etc., etc., of different colours) down along the full length of your polished cylinder - the results, I imagine, would be extraordinary.

Savage...as usual, excellent...I'm sensing a pun-like theme here - 'course', 'mane', 'trot'...em...now what would it be? Hope it isn't connected to all this horse-beef contorversery thingy, as I ain't buying any of that stuff ;)

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Jay: Personally, I like the image of the parasol from behind. Still, it does look good.

@bigh: That image makes me wonder when I'm going to wakeup. Still an interesting image.

Ok, so I followed David's suggestion about increasing the sun intensity before converting the Bryce sky to an HDRI. But when the interior of the building was rendered it still looked like it was filled with water. I watched both of his videos several times to make sure I had the lighting set correctly, which I did, but still got an interior that looked like it was filled with water.

I then decided to see what a render would look like if the building was default gray. I also made sure all settings in the Mat Lab were white, which they weren't. The setting I looked at all had a tint of green in them, which I believe accounted for the green tint in my previous render. While I was at it I increased reflections to 100%, just to see how it would affect the image. Well, it did a good job of affecting the image, which I rendered at 64 RPP. This render look good, was sharper, and brighter compared to my first one. And the green tint was gone. Because of the increased lighting I'm wondering if increasing reflections to 100% didn't have some good affect. Anyway, I set RPP to 256 and did a final render, which is displayed below. As always, comments are welcomed.

Magnificent render!

edited March 2013

thanks guys - have fun weekend ;-P

Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 1969

Fun with labels. :cheese:

yum yum %-P

edited December 1969

looking for gold