FirstBastion's Upcoming Lineup [commercial]

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,486

FB, just out of curiosity are there any plans to upfit any of your recent past products with IRay materials. There's a sweet sale today and I'm looking to clean some of your stuff off the ole wish list. Sci fi Quarters in particular has been in and out of my cart several time and it always comes down to the IRay support. See, I really suck at lighting my scenes and Iray Lights in particular, well it just makes it easier to look like I know what I'm doing. Anywho....

• Greybro said:

FB, just out of curiosity are there any plans to upfit any of your recent past products with IRay materials. There's a sweet sale today and I'm looking to clean some of your stuff off the ole wish list. Sci fi Quarters in particular has been in and out of my cart several time and it always comes down to the IRay support. See, I really suck at lighting my scenes and Iray Lights in particular, well it just makes it easier to look like I know what I'm doing. Anywho....

I'll download the set right now,  and have a look what's involved in updating the set to iray.  I will say,  that most of these Shiny metal set tend to transfer over quite well.  But I've got a few minutes right now, so I'll load it up and see.  I'll post some renders  tomorrow see what it looks like. 

• Lakeside Cabin and Dock has passed testing.

Urgh...  must resist... This looks really nice but in the last week I've plunked down on over a dozen big environment sets, including five of yours.  Darn DAZ sales...

I have to keep churning these out, basically work twice as hard to get half as far.    but I wouldn't expect anyone needs them all or even some of them. There's no pressure either way.

As an aside, The impetus for this one,   I hadn't made a dock since the "Old Waterhole"  way back,  so I decided to build a nice looking new one that looks aged and weathered, then the rest of the scene sort of evolved around it.   Have no idea when this will hit the store.  

• Firstbastion I would love to see a Modern Apartment from you, with all the detail you put into your work would be awesome :D

I have made one of those.  Just a question of when it'll be released.

Do you have a promo to tease us?

Greybro said:

I'll download the set right now,  and have a look what's involved in updating the set to iray.  I will say,  that most of these Shiny metal set tend to transfer over quite well.  But I've got a few minutes right now, so I'll load it up and see.  I'll post some renders  tomorrow see what it looks like. 

In that case, I'll go ahead and throw it in the cart along with the poses.

• edited February 2017

The solar panels are individual props,  so they can be used on their own.  

You would probably want one of those compact wind turbines too.  Nice breeze coming off the lake.  Generate atleast a few hundreed watts an hour during the evening.

Great idea! I have an old turbine from Ansiko's Base Camp and an outhouse (Last Chance Gas Station among a few others) to go with this cabin.

The only smokehouse is for Vue and exterior only. Texture doesn't go with your cabin. Maybe I could make one of the outhouses into a smoke house and place to do the crossword puzzles.

Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,373
    edited February 2017

Alright,  scifi Living Quarters,  iray update.  I'll submit it tomorrow.  Should be available as a free update  Daz soon.

1stBastion-scifiqlivingquarters-irayupdate.jpg
    900 x 586 - 281K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Damn; that cabin looks like it's straight out of The Highlander. All it's missing is Duncan and his wife. wink

Does anyone else find it amusing that I posted this and DAZ releases a new Iconic character where one outfit in the Pro Bundle is Highlander themed?

• Love the Highland Cabin.  Awesome! :)  Oh, and an Iray update for something I already own!  Sweet! :)

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Your continued product support is well appreciated. And great stuff!!!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Alright,  scifi Living Quarters,  iray update.  I'll submit it tomorrow.  Should be available as a free update  Daz soon.

Awesome!  I'm assuming that DIM will automatically flag me when the new files are up. 

• I'll add a comment here as well when I see the update go through. 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

cool!  looking forward to the release. 

j

• Absolutely marvelous set, FirstBastion. Had to have something appropriate for Dragelle to explore.

Dragelle wandering.png
    1300 x 1000 - 3M
  • Thanks daywalker. 

edited February 2017

RGcincy put together a really cool 360 degree VR photo of a rider on horseback passing through the Mid Forest Vale.  It take a few seconds to load  but its a great full environment that you can pan around in,  seeing all the nooks and crannies. 

http://www.2vr.in/V-T78

mfv-2.jpg
    1396 x 687 - 392K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Highland Lakside Cabin and Dock  Available Now

For both Daz Studio 3Delight and Daz Studio Iray renders

http://www.daz3d.com/1stbastions-highland-lakeside-cabin-and-dock

• I loved seeing all of the promos for this.  I already have a couple of ideas for using it.  Just need the time.  Too many ideas floating around in my head!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

I've just downloaded the Forest Vale and the Highland Cabin is now at the top of my wishlist.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Alright,  scifi Living Quarters,  iray update.  I'll submit it tomorrow.  Should be available as a free update  Daz soon.

Just received notice the Scifi Living Quarters has been updated with the Iray scene duf.

Just received notice the Scifi Living Quarters has been updated with the Iray scene duf.

Perfect timing as I just bought it today. Gee, you better get busy. With today's purchases I'm very close to owning all of your sets.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Looking forward to the fire station! I got the cabin and dock. And thanks for the iray updates- very thoughtful!

edited February 2017

I finally got to turn out something quick with the SciFi Living Quarters. IRay addon is mucho appreciated. 

IMG_2487.JPG
    2000 x 1125 - 326K
    Post edited by Greybro on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

There's been no updates in a while, anything coming down the pipeline soon?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Did something happen to the fire station?  I was sure that it had already been released, but when I went to look for it in the store this weekend I couldn't find it...

• NSFW said:

There's been no updates in a while, anything coming down the pipeline soon?

He is prob thinking about the 2018 schedule lol.

I've managed to make 100 products so far,  I sure I've got atleast hundred more coming down the pipe eventually... stay tuned...

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

I was wondering if anything was coming soon and ventured over to your wordpress blog and see an "Abandoned Train Yard" render!

Is this coming soon or was this just something you kitbashed together for fun?

• I just installed the Gallery Iray update and I must say the set looks positively gorgeous. Thank you for that.

Uthgard said:

I just installed the Gallery Iray update and I must say the set looks positively gorgeous. Thank you for that.

You are very welcome.  Post some  renders if you get the chance.