FirstBastion's Upcoming Lineup [commercial]

Comments

• Thanks.  It could be the way the shadows hit the rocks,  causing it.

Okay I do see the side portrait of an older person in the formation on the cliff. Are there other? 

No guesses? More to the right.
    9 faces to the left.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 505K
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

I really love your new set. I tend to work around my central character, and usually worry about the background in post. I had this whole piece done, everything lighting, poses, everything except the background and I had no idea what I was going to put it on. I decided to try your stream, and I popped it into the scene, and all I had to do was a tiny rotation to the set and start my render. Easiest set I have ever dropped in! Can't wait for the waterfalls! 

I have a few Firstbastion products, and that waterfall looks absolutely lovely! Love that render Deathbycannon, is it part of a story?

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    Paintbox said:

I have a few Firstbastion products, and that waterfall looks absolutely lovely! Love that render Deathbycannon, is it part of a story?

Thank you, she wasn't done for a story but sometimes when I work on a render they start to get a backstory leading up to the moment I am "capturing"  so who knows maybe she will become a story. :) 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,373

New Video  on youtube for Layered Rocks Outcrop

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Sweet!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Know what I'd want to buy instantly as an add-on for this? Textures, sun lights and sky HDRI for a Mars scene. The rock structure looks just like some of the pictures that have been coming down from the Curiosity rover currently wandering around Gale Crater for the last several years.

edited October 2018

I had a question in PM regarding Scifi colony Northern Extent.  An image from above showing size of the set. 

You would need to have a modelling program like Hexagon to break apart the set wall to use them separately.  

northernextent-fromabove-scifi-colony-1stbastion.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 127K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,709

I found the same thing out last week. I was hoping to use the canal sans the enclosing walls and dam. I was unwilling to do the work, and I found an alternative.

edited October 2018

Know what I'd want to buy instantly as an add-on for this? Textures, sun lights and sky HDRI for a Mars scene. The rock structure looks just like some of the pictures that have been coming down from the Curiosity rover currently wandering around Gale Crater for the last several years.

Not quite Mars but I am including an "offworld" scene in the set with a high contrast sky and appropriate lighting for folks that might want some sci-fi type rendering options. 

033-Layered-Rocks-1stbastion-offwrold-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 492K
  • are you updating your mall?

I will eventually add a food court and escalators add on with Iray setting.  I plan an update for the original set then. 

In the interim I played with the original set straight out of the box. This was created long before Iray was available but it translates all right.

I did test the shopping mall out just now straight out of the box.  The default glossiness typical with iray works well with the interior.

First render is a straight load from smart content,  and went into the scene tree  and removed the included Bastion skydome in the worlds folder.  All default DazStudio render setting,  with ground off, 

The second Render,  used some of the default Uber Iray shaders that ship with DazStudio.   Used Magnesium Alloy on the metal rafters and light poles.  Used a 60watt real Iray light shader for the glass bulbs,  and applied the frosted glass shader on the skylight.  Red Car paint on the sign.

Both these images rendered for 300 iterations,  but gives the idea how the set will render in Iray. 

Hope that helps.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

I will eventually add a food court and escalators add on with Iray setting.  I plan an update for the original set then. 

Really looking forward to the food court, as that's a niche that, AFAIK, hasn't been filled yet.  For some reason there is a serious lack of fast food places in the DAZ/Poser world... there are dozens of Starbuck's-style coffee places, and literally hundreds of nice restaurants, diners, bars, pizzarias and cafes... but to date I've only been able to find two classic fast food restaurants and I think this would be the first food court.   

Sadly, as for the layered rock outcrop that came out today... it's a really nice set, but who did you tick off to get stuck coming out the day after the PC+ sale ended?  I like this product a lot, but I'm totally tapped out right now, so it's going on the wishlist...

edited November 2018
    Cybersox said:

... it's a really nice set, but who did you tick off to get stuck coming out the day after the PC+ sale ended?

roll of the dice supposedly, I had it submitted back in mid October.  Thanks for the analysis on the food options.

• Made this render with the rock nature environment I'm working on now. 

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Some of your older scenes still look pretty good, FirstBastion: https://www.daz3d.com/rural-crossroads

edited May 2019

Some of your older scenes still look pretty good, FirstBastion: https://www.daz3d.com/rural-crossroads

Yeah, except for the grass that looks great, and even there's it's just where the edges meet other objects that looks off.  A little postwork could fix most of that, easily.    . 

Post edited by Cybersox on

I saw that a certain vendor on Rendo put up a mall set today, though it doesn't look half as good as First Bastion's.  Still looking forward to the FB Food Corut and hope it will be at least as creative on the names as I rather liked KFG - Kentucky Fried Goose. :)

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069
    edited May 2019
    Cybersox said:

I saw that a certain vendor on Rendo put up a mall set today, though it doesn't look half as good as First Bastion's.  Still looking forward to the FB Food Corut and hope it will be at least as creative on the names as I rather liked KFG - Kentucky Fried Goose. :)

Or, they could refer to the fast food joint as Tennessee Fried Chicken.

The set looks so nice, nonetheless - with a cost of ten dollars until tomorrow as of this post, definitely worth buying.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on

Great image dragonfly.  The sheriff's car and Airstream give it that perfect retro 60's feel.

JonSea31 said:
    Cybersox said:

Ture... though there actually is a Louisianna Fried Chicken chain, mainly on the west coast but we have them here in Houston, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are other State named variations, and that's before you account things like Popeye's Louisianna Kitchen. 

Great image dragonfly.  The sheriff's car and Airstream give it that perfect retro 60's feel.

yes

Cybersox said:
    JonSea31 said:
    Cybersox said:

Ture... though there actually is a Louisianna Fried Chicken chain, mainly on the west coast but we have them here in Houston, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are other State named variations, and that's before you account things like Popeye's Louisianna Kitchen. 

I'm sure I can come up with a few good names,  but I'm always open to suggestions.  I'll probably steer clear of actual trade marked logos though,  so perhaps  " Tennessee Fried Taters"  "Olive Oil Deep Fried Pops"

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556
    JonSea31 said:

The set looks so nice, nonetheless - with a cost of ten dollars until tomorrow as of this post, definitely worth buying.

Saw a Tennesee Fried Chicken in England a while back.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    rrward said:
    JonSea31 said:

Saw a Tennesee Fried Chicken in England a while back.

was it this one   

And you can order home delivery!  http://www.tennesseechicken.co.uk/gorsehill/menu.html

Or if the delivery charge on that is too high, you can order from the entirely different chain in the U.S., Clucker's Tennesee Fried Chicken 

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

I'm somehow reminded of an episode of Get Smart whose villain owned a food chain: Colonel Kyle K. Kirby's Tennessee Fricassee Frog Legs.  Note the Colonel's initials — it was a barely-disguised slap at reputedly (but perhaps dubiously) segregationist Harland Sanders.

How about the 70's Motel converted to Iray? I think it turned out alright for me.

Made a flythrough video for this Rock-Crevice-Shoreline.  Will be both 3DL and Iray. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Made a flythrough video for this Rock-Crevice-Shoreline.  Will be both 3DL and Iray.

Very nice! Time to start excavating down the back of the sofa for loose change...