Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!

Comments

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,457

ok so I did a mermaid recently with v8 using g3f base and tail successfully with full movement posability and able to use G3F poses on tail and G8F poses on the human part was unable to get the same working on centaur. Just tried another tesy creating a four arm using G3F combined with G8F looked ok at first then I used G3F poses on her part And G8F on hers didn't work distortion was interesting kinda mutant cenobyte  so two head and four arms creatures something maybe josh can try

g38f.png
    1107 x 517 - 304K

oh someone asked on another thread if there were any G3 morphs for two toed creatures and 3 fingered hands something like taht be good also some sort of eye morph to add eyes that look like those in your alien you have on your avatar but can be used on and character that'd be nice both front on and going around side of head as well 

• I hope you make more royal and mahesric looking aliens and monsters Josh! :)

your soon to be released? new girl looks good in the Corvus Ensemble promo 

• like this? 

RKane_1 said:

I would love to have a new G8F series figure that looks like a sweet little Japanese School girl but who eyes are black and three tentacles erupt out of her enlarged mouth with a distended jaw. :)

Why, yes. I have issues. Why do you ask?/

:)

I like it

• I hope you make more royal and mahesric looking aliens and monsters Josh! :)

I will try :) I do like me some aliens for sure. I like to do horror and fantasy too, so you'll most likely see a rotation of those 3 genres as I've been doing all along.

• your soon to be released? new girl looks good in the Corvus Ensemble promo 

Thanks, Arki was kind enough to let me use her outfit for that promo. You'll see her soon and I hope everyone enjoys a slightly different spin from my usual norm of strange and ugly to something with a little more elegance from time to time. 

had a late night at work its after 230am anyways just looked and she's out and in my downloads

• Hi all

I just recently came across these wonderful characters and I wanted to share this..   a little facial mocap test I did of The Exile, using Dynamixyz's Performer and Motionbuilder.   Side by side render of the tracked facial mocap, Motionbuilder (used as the go-between) and an open gl render in Daz Studio (iray coming soon.. takes a long while).  Trying to capture subtle facial movement.  The imported fbx was saved as a .duf file to apply to the native Daz gen3 character.

https://vimeo.com/223816535

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Hi all

I just recently came across these wonderful characters and I wanted to share this..   a little facial mocap test I did of The Exile, using Dynamixyz's Performer and Motionbuilder.   Side by side render of the tracked facial mocap, Motionbuilder (used as the go-between) and an open gl render in Daz Studio (iray coming soon.. takes a long while).  Trying to capture subtle facial movement.  The imported fbx was saved as a .duf file to apply to the native Daz gen3 character.

Thanks!

Hahaha, that was pretty sweet

• Hi all

https://vimeo.com/223816535

Thanks!

that's very cool

• Bryan SteagallBryan Steagall Posts: 233
    edited July 2017

And here is the Iray version

https://vimeo.com/224093199

Post edited by Bryan Steagall on
  • And here is the Iray version

https://vimeo.com/224093199

good stuff there Bryan

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

hope you think about a dragon :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

I was going to say dragons are a fairly deeply-mined content, but it occurs to me that, among other things, we don't have a good limbless dragon (or even a lindwyrm, where the REAR limbs are gone rather than the front)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

On the more disturbed side, instead of a creature, what about a suit to fit G3M or G3F.... made of human skin sewn together. :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116
    RKane_1 said:

On the more disturbed side, instead of a creature, what about a suit to fit G3M or G3F.... made of human skin sewn together. :)

Hmmm interesting.  Like Frankenstein's monster or wearing clothes out of leather made from human skin?

RKane_1 said:

Hmmm interesting.  Like Frankenstein's monster or wearing clothes out of leather made from human skin?

Yeah, like Leatherface, Buffalo Bill, and Ed Gein.

• RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

Yeah, like Leatherface, Buffalo Bill, and Ed Gein.

I like it

Geografted small appendages like fingers and eyeballs but in odd spots on a body. Totally normal looking til they take off their shirt.

An overweight "harmless" looking normal male figure but whose chubby gut open in a gaping maw of sharp fanged nastiness with a prehensile tongue.

The "Severed" product from Genesis 1 but for G3M & G3F & G8F

Maybe not horror so much as tragedy oriented but a person who is a bad burn victim scarred over.

geografted "fungal growths"

Just spitballin'. :)

• RKane_1 said:

Geografted small appendages like fingers and eyeballs but in odd spots on a body. Totally normal looking til they take off their shirt.

An overweight "harmless" looking normal male figure but whose chubby gut open in a gaping maw of sharp fanged nastiness with a prehensile tongue.

Maybe not horror so much as tragedy oriented but a person who is a bad burn victim scarred over.

Hmm... Would a badly burned and more than slightly deranged Cyborg be of any use to you?

RKane_1 said:

Hmm... Would a badly burned and more than slightly deranged Cyborg be of any use to you?

Perhaps. I use the characters to render and make NPC's for my games. I might be able to use him. I use G2 and G3M for most except for creatures which are mainly Genesis 1

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    RKane_1 said:

I like the way you think. haha

Vaskania said:
    RKane_1 said:

Thanks, usually when I speak my mind, people just stare in abject disgust and horror

.... maybe it's the chainsaw. :\

... or the severed head.

Who know what their hang-ups are? :)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2017
    I tend to get the same reactions. I have a healthy obsession with horror things. Your comment gave me a visual of hanging severed heads upside down, turned into lanterns of a sort.
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    Vaskania said:
    I tend to get the same reactions. I have a healthy obsession with horror things. Your comment gave me a visual of hanging severed heads upside down, turned into lanterns of a sort.

They also make a lovely decorative sconce. :)

You could also do realistic deadly injuries using both geografts and textures like having a flap of skin come away from the body which would need to be rigged to work properly.

• Vaskania said:
    RKane_1 said:

Ha, that would be cool actually

• ElspathElspath Posts: 180

would love a Dr. Jeckel an mister Hyde with a fuctional cloak, with rigging, and glider capibilities. a nice big century collar, that could blow in the wind like the cloak.

Elspath said:

would love a Dr. Jeckel an mister Hyde with a fuctional cloak, with rigging, and glider capibilities. a nice big century collar, that could blow in the wind like the cloak.

me too I'd like to see versions of all the classics like lon Channey styles/looks like Phantom  with a Josh twist to them