New Carrara Promo Reel

Comments

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

The work on something like this is not insignificant. Most vids have and on screen presence rate of about  2 seconds per view. That's a ton of work. .

Fun, but a ton of work. 

If I may ask, how do you think it should be developed? I mean, you got any sense about what should be included or not?

maybe we could make it like UE4 monthly sizzle reels to ease the job:

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

There are around 50 clips in that promo which lasts less than a minute, including a couple of text pages. And they look like they were extracted from other projects rather than being done specifically for the reel. I doubt that there are that many animations being made with Carrara (at least that are public) in a year, let alone every month. (Maybe with the exception of Wendy who probably does that number alone, but then that would be a Wendy promo reel rather than a Carrara one!).

right, but less than 20 contributors anyway, that could be a viable solution even if I prefer a 2 minutes story where each one can express his talent and skills; not easy but funny

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

I have watched your lighting vid, arched doorway one, quie a few times, all the way to the end.  I do confess to watching vids only to find out that I've seen them once+ so do stop them quickly... especially when they auto load in YT.  I will also open some tutorials and jump to the timemark where it shows what I'm looking to see and stop it afterwards.

Stonemason's asian sets would be perfect to shoot a promo, whatever genre you wish, very detailed and effective

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

or secret lake!  smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    Jonstark said:

Sounds like (16:9) 1.78 is the way to go then  :)  Of course screen capture videos will just depend on the size of the screen being captured I suppose.

That little bit in the 2008 video on 3d painting immediately displayed a side of 3d painting I never thought of, which was to use painting displacement to actually paint scars on a person's face.  That's a pretty nfity idea  :)

The aspect and find size can be edited, somewhat (or even a lot in certain cases) during the final edit, merging everything together. I do my stuff in 1280 x 720 (720p) because to me it was a decent compromise for what I was doing. Some might prefer 1920 x 1080 if they're showing extreme details, in which case I can up my 720p to 1080 if needed.

Screen captures can be just left in the ratio/resolution they're recorded in. The higher the quality sent on for editing into the promo, the easier and better it is to work in.

The work on something like this is not insignificant. Most vids have and on screen presence rate of about  2 seconds per view. That's a ton of work. .

Fun, but a ton of work. 

Agreed.

Mistara said:

or secret lake!  smiley

...and anything cool!

edited November 2017

or maybe this one by Stonemason again

wip, a bit of more contrast in post

1.jpg
    4800 x 1940 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on

wish they'd sticky this thread?

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    Mistara said:

You can bookmark a specific thread in your browser ... the url will automatically go to the last page of the thread (assuming you are already logged in). At least thats how it works in Firefox.

• title needs editing to 2018

cdordoni said:
    Mistara said:

You can bookmark a specific thread in your browser ... the url will automatically go to the last page of the thread (assuming you are already logged in). At least thats how it works in Firefox.

You can also copy the link from the little link to go to Page 1 to edit the bookmark to take you always to the first post, if you like ;)

th3Digit said:

title needs editing to 2018

Done, but without the deadline! :)

I've been working toward stuff on my end. Just hard to find the time to keep it at a constant rate.

now dreaming of uhd  lol  sigh

revisualizing something for demo reel.

definitely need to stop overthinking it.  something as simple as showing tree branches in a wind, show off the ocean primitive

i dont think any of the animations i've loaded to utoob is reel material

are we using a background music from the u toob library?

would like to know what tempo  smiley

is there a preview of what the demo looks like so far? smiley

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

As far as I know it's not really got anywhere.

edited May 2018
    PhilW said:

As far as I know it's not really got anywhere.

i'se guilty of procrastinating.  waiting on the 8-core smiley, suppoed to come Friday.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited May 2018

do you think is possible to out-do the 2010 reel?

imho, panning a static image doesnt count as an animation, but as far as demoing carrara, counts as demo material! smiley

the sub at the end is like a wacky model smiley

heart this, dust in the wind lol so purrfekt

wait this is not carrara ... or it could be??

rara 6

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

well there is FLUIDOS. among other things that can be showcased

edited May 2018
    th3Digit said:

well there is FLUIDOS. among other things that can be showcased

sounds good!

and the power of it's toon filters.  trees in the wind, god rays, rainbows

i'se a lil biased, lol, would like to show g3 and g8m can work.  g8f stay in her temple lol

someone show the vw cloth thing?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

smiley

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Very nicely done, Stezza.  Some of the images went by a little fast for me - including one of my favorites! - but I understand that you were trying to keep it moving to the music.

Instead of moving through several images during quick passages, you might consider moving back and forth between two images, allowing us to see both in their full glory.

The little energy bolts were a nice touch!

I think that every Carrara artist should do something similar.  My excuse is that I haven't been in Carrara long enough to acculmulate the needed material.

In a previous life I was a video editor, so that part should be relatively easy.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Nicely done Stezza!

Is it you and your family on the last picture?

DUDU said:

Nicely done Stezza!

Is it you and your family on the last picture?

yep..me, wife and first grandson smiley

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Congratulations, you are a nice family!

I like to know who is hidden behind an avatar!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Great job.  Enjoyed seeing some of my favorites again.  Really beautiful work.

Thanks.. playing around with Windows 10 Video creator... does 99% of the work lol

I put this one together of all the images I've used in the Carrara Challenges over the years.

those with Win10 can do the same easily yes