Tell Us! Links To Favorite Gallery / Art Studio Renders

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

I've changed my number 1 spot and number 2 spot you can see it here.

Going to catch up on what I've missed

Wonderful image. 

• I've changed my number 1 spot and number 2 spot you can see it here.

Going to catch up on what I've missed

Wonderful image. 

Thank you!

• @Stormylight,  I really love the wolves, especially the one with the darker purple background. 

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited September 2018
    Novica said:

I really like the haze/mist with the wolves. And the color! :) 

@Stormylight,  I really love the wolves, especially the one with the darker purple background. 

Thank you both! They are probably my easiest renders in a long time smiley

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited September 2018

I changed out my #7 image (my list) with this one: Abstract Dice Wallpaper.

A friend I haven't seen in about 15 years contacted me recently and said "I started D&D group with some people from work and after a couple sessions we realized no one knew how to DM, sooo... what are you doing the second Saturday of every month?" I haven't actually played D&D (many other tabletop RPGs, but not D&D)  in many years but I've DM/GM'd that game and others for close to 40 years, so how could I say no to a group in need?

The excitement of DM'ing D&D again after so long (and the chance to catch up with an old friend I lost touch with) inspired me to make this semi-abstract wallpaper image for the little tablet I usually bring to games. The dice were bought here, procedurally recolored and dropped via physics and rendered in Blender. I'm pretty happy with the results (even though the colors and where they ended up is random chance when I stare at it for a whle I keep seeing patterns). Please check it out at full size to appreciate the dice I gave some little special effects to. laugh

It turned out to be a little bright for a usable desktop image so on my tablet I actually added a darker desaturated bar along one side so that the few shortcuts I keep on my desktop are visible against all the color, but the untouched original is the one posted here.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • Love this!  Its been years since I've done D&D as a board game, this brings back happy memories!  Love the added sparkle too, very subtle but really adds to the piece!  The board games have led to a life long love of the stories/books and the pc games in this genre ( I don't do multiplayer though, not enough time) that wiled away many a happy hour.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

I have two new renders:  Check them out here.

MDO2010 said:

I changed out my #7 image (my list) with this one: Abstract Dice Wallpaper.

A friend I haven't seen in about 15 years contacted me recently and said "I started D&D group with some people from work and after a couple sessions we realized no one knew how to DM, sooo... what are you doing the second Saturday of every month?" I haven't actually played D&D (many other tabletop RPGs, but not D&D)  in many years but I've DM/GM'd that game and others for close to 40 years, so how could I say no to a group in need?

The excitement of DM'ing D&D again after so long (and the chance to catch up with an old friend I lost touch with) inspired me to make this semi-abstract wallpaper image for the little tablet I usually bring to games. The dice were bought here, procedurally recolored and dropped via physics and rendered in Blender. I'm pretty happy with the results (even though the colors and where they ended up is random chance when I stare at it for a whle I keep seeing patterns). Please check it out at full size to appreciate the dice I gave some little special effects to. laugh

It turned out to be a little bright for a usable desktop image so on my tablet I actually added a darker desaturated bar along one side so that the few shortcuts I keep on my desktop are visible against all the color, but the untouched original is the one posted here.

My husband still gets together with the 'ole D&D gang for the very same reasons.  Eeegad - I still have my old binder with character sheets.  I'm the one who used to draw everybody's character.  

Great render - brings back memories!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Changed the number 3 in my list to the newest one I did, has a little real life story to it as well :)

Carola O said:

Changed the number 3 in my list to the newest one I did, has a little real life story to it as well :)

A wonderful image and story @Carola O

• @Carola O what a great image, the lighting is very good too.

Thanks Kismet and Xmas :)

• Lovely render and story Carola O!

Thanks Ice, have to admit i was a bit teary eyed once I finished it

• Updated number five with something new

Really impressive IceDragonArt.

• Thank you @Kismet2012!

I know it's early, but I have a great Halloween image!  I've been on a kick of converting older or Poser items to Iray lately and having a blast.  Ron Diviney's brushes ROCK!

Queen of the Dark

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited September 2018
    dracorn said:

I know it's early, but I have a great Halloween image!  I've been on a kick of converting older or Poser items to Iray lately and having a blast.  Ron Diviney's brushes ROCK!

Queen of the Dark

Sweet! Love the magical effects, especially the purple sparkles.

Here's another new one for me: Broken Moon, added to my list as #2.

This one is the cover for the player's guide I made for my new D&D campaign.  The moon was made in Blender and then rendered with the plants, moon gate and ruin in Carrara. I combined a couple different Carrara render passes and some Carrara GMIC effects in Photoshop for the final image.I kept the image fairly desaturate so the text I put over it would pop but I think it looks pretty cool by itself. laugh

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
    MDO2010 said:
    dracorn said:

Queen of the Dark

Sweet! Love the magical effects, especially the purple sparkles.

Here's another new one for me: Broken Moon, added to my list as #2.

This one is the cover for the player's guide I made for my new D&D campaign.  The moon was made in Blender and then rendered with the plants, moon gate and ruin in Carrara. I combined a couple different Carrara render passes and some Carrara GMIC effects in Photoshop for the final image.I kept the image fairly desaturate so the text I put over it would pop but I think it looks pretty cool by itself. laugh

Great job with that broken moon!  So what idiot fumbled a spell and did that?

- I and my husband have been playing D&D and modified versions since the game came out.  We would use percentile dice to determine the success or failure of a spell.  A 00 would be a fumble, then they would have to roll how bad a fumble, taking in consideration how powerful the spell was being attempted.  And, yes, we did have one idiot who fumbled so badly that he destabilized an entire dimension.  

• I miss playing the old D & D games.  One of the closest I've ever come to real life playing in a video game format is the Ruins of Myth Drannor. They used the old school rules and man, its hard to level up lol.  Each action is governed by a random roll.  I'm working my way through it again now.  Classic dungeon crawl.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I think I got everyone updated, and I tried popping in and commenting on all. Wow, a lot of talent! @carolao I love your doggie with the muted light. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@dracorn   That Queen is amazing. I mentioned it on my thread.

Novica said:

@dracorn   That Queen is amazing. I mentioned it on my thread.

Thanks, Novica!  I'm really starting to get the hang of using brushes.  I used Ron's Glitter for the sparkles, and the blue/white lightning style from Ron's Lighting.  I have made a render diary here: Diary

Have another new one for my list, really satisfied with this one I have to admit. Hope you all enjoy

Carola O said:

Have another new one for my list, really satisfied with this one I have to admit. Hope you all enjoy

Very nice render, Carola O !  It did turn out well, especially the lighting.  

Somehow I missed CC Foster - what a great character. 

@dracorn CC Foster is great, I've done a few renders with him. Both him fully and this last one with his morph and Liam's skin. Worked nice together :) And thanks for the nice words!

And yet another one for the list. The idea for this one practically shot into my mind the first time I saw the Candelabras pc+ freebie. I've been wanting to do something to honor the men and women in the service, this is the result of one idea.

Carola O said:

And yet another one for the list. The idea for this one practically shot into my mind the first time I saw the Candelabras pc+ freebie. I've been wanting to do something to honor the men and women in the service, this is the result of one idea.

Great job, Carola O !

edited October 2018

Thank you :)

Kinda sad it seems to have been missunderstood though :(

Post edited by Carola O on