Tell Us! Links To Favorite Gallery / Art Studio Renders

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Linwelly said:

That was a pleasnat surpirse this morning to open my mail and see all the image comment notifications, thank you so much everybody!

I'm getting there, been swamped all day and it's 3am here so trying to get off the computer. Tomorrow is Easter and I won't be home much. But I can't wait to see your renders!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Nice to see everyone's personal favourites. It's funny how different images cnnect differently with viewers than the creator. I find that my character/story based images are often less 'popular' than the random image for fun (even if they contain the same characters). And at some point, I end up hating each work equally, lol. I very much have that relationship with my humble dabblings.

I should probably upload more to my gallery. If I do, I may post my list of favourites.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I think I'm all caught up now.  Mori_mann you should definitely post your renders, I love your characters!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

That's right!  We want to see more of everybody's work. 

I'm going to let mine stay up for a while, then I need to switch out a few because I have others waiting.

I agree with other people's comments - it really is interesting which renders become other's favorites - and they aren't necessarily the ones that I think would be.  

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556

I find it interesting which image people tend to like the most of mine.

I think some styles resonate more with people. As does some subject matter. My more painterly images are at the top. But not always-

My favorite image, is steadfastly in the center of my gallery. smiley

This. I just can't seem to figure out what makes one image more popular than the other.I will work on one for a while and think it's not too bad,post it, it gets zero likes.I'll do a test render of something i just bought, post it and get 13 likes in 5 minutes. I'm like awsome thanks,I'm happy people like this but uh now tell me what was wrong with that last picture i  posted... So yes it is very interesting, and quite maddening too.

DireBunny said:

This. I just can't seem to figure out what makes one image more popular than the other.I will work on one for a while and think it's not too bad,post it, it gets zero likes.I'll do a test render of something i just bought, post it and get 13 likes in 5 minutes. I'm like awsome thanks,I'm happy people like this but uh now tell me what was wrong with that last picture i  posted... So yes it is very interesting, and quite maddening too.

I think it depends on a lot of things- if there's a sale, particularly with glitches, folks are busy shopping instead of surfing. Or if someone else floods the gallery with quite a few images, and yours gets buried faster. I don't know if the galleries go down like the site does, but if a backlog of renders suddenly comes online then maybe that causes the lack of viewers. Anyway, show us what you've got, love to see them!  :) 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I can tell you that people tend to prefer my action images and like my romantic ones less. Images with Owen are more popular for some reason 

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

I'll catch up with all you folks who have commented and I haven't viewed your art yet.

It would be great if the gallery could have alerts on your favorite artists...And the search is buried down there at the bottom...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited February 2020

I've revamped my Top Ten Gallery post to be more reader friendly. Click the image to be taken directly to my gallery page with that entry. I've arranged them #2 - #9 and then #1 according to user likes.

New Entry #10 -  2020 Jan 24

#2 - #10 of Top Ten NoneSuch00 Gallery
    Bewitched Mother & Child The Carol Burnett Show
    The Carol Burnett Show Jesus Christ
    Babe the Blue Ox & Paul Bunyan

And the #1 NoneSuch00 render is...

#1 NoneSuch00 Gallery
    The Runaway

Green table cell background = newest entry (but not necessarily new)

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

To get Likes on those, post the link to the page where the Like button is, instead of the full page (or in addition to it.)  I'd be happy to Like those, the Bewitched is adorable!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited April 2017
    Novica said:

To get Likes on those, post the link to the page where the Like button is, instead of the full page (or in addition to it.)  I'd be happy to Like those, the Bewitched is adorable!

Oh, thanks. I will try as an exercise to make links like you said. Oops I followed the links I made and they are wrong! Sorry.

...OK...corrected.

I will update as I make better renders. I want to try some natural scenes with people next. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Dreamfarmer's Gallery

1. Catch This The idea was for an augumented reality game, like Pokemon Go. But also, you know, portals. I love this one so much it's my lock screen on my phone.
    2. Escapees From The Birthday Party There is no hint of a birthday party in this, but I had to figure out why the little girl was wearing such a big fancy dress. First in a theme I clearly favor.
    3. Grace, Unexpected Another in my favored theme. I tried hard to establish an unexpected power differential here. Also, I want to go back to this image and make a comic or something someday. Grace's Post-Apocalyptic Menagerie! How did she end up rescuing terrified demon boys anyhow?
    4. Persephone In The Flowers This one is fairly typical for the Daz Gallery, I suppose, but I still think it looks damn good. I made a conscious effort to pay attention to composition guidelines, which helped.
    5. Urban Future: Gargoyles My favorite part about this one is the way the outside world looks almost like a colored pencil drawing but the child in the window is tack-sharp. But that doesn't show up very well in thumbnail so I think it's overlooked. Yeah, that's my excuse. Probably qualifies for 'favored theme.'
    6. The Guardian I worked SO hard on this picture. It is enormous. My final file is 3600x3600. This is... quite a bit larger than Daz Gallery supports uploading. And this image does nothing in thumbnail or even click-through-page form. Alas. It definitely fits the 'kids & dangerous creatures' theme.
    7. The GCU Catch Me If You Can She's a spaceship. Honest. Admittedly, she probably looks different outside of cyberhyperspace.

All caught up I believe.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited October 2019

Mythic3D Gallery

1. A Walk in the Woods  One of the first images I tried entering in a contest, it got very little love, but is still one of my favorites I’ve ever done
    2. Broken Moon Cover I made for the players guide for my new D&D campaign
    3. Dance Like the Sun is Shining A cycles render, but I used a studio render that I painted over in Photoshop for the textures on the dancers
    4. Four-panel GM Screen - this is four renders stitched together; the far right is mostly empty because  I added some text there before printing this out NEW 8 OCTOBER 2019
    5. In Space  A rare pinup from me, experimenting with the new GMIC plugin for Carrara
    6. Long Walk  Definitely one of my all-time favorites of my renders, this is the kind of thing I started using Carrara for but that I don’t actually do as often as I want
    7. Abstract Dice Wallpaper An image I made to use as a wallpaper on my gaming tablet
    8. Nothing to Be Afraid Of  This was the result of just playing around layering different Filter Forge effects on a render and I love the mood of it
    9. Poorly Wrapped Mummy Another pinup created for one of the Carrara forum monthly challenges
    10. The Queens Day Off Most of my images have a little humor in them somewhere and even though this version has an error in it that I fixed before posting elsewhere, it still represents that side of me really well
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

OK, got mine up, now to go browse through everyone else’s. laugh

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited April 2017

Because one of my renders was featured on the DAZ3D Frontpage, a thread was started to collect the featured work of the forum members. Feel free to participate and show your featured images in there: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/107631/thank-you-daz3d-your-work-in-slideshows-newsletters-banners-etc

With that said, I will start with the images in my gallery well received by the viewers in the gallery or the forum:

Most liked image in the Gallery: Sabertooth

Shown on the DAZ3D frontpage: Pinktastic 

Winning the New Users Contest November 2014: Just like heaven

Winning the New Users Contest November 2015: Robotic

And these are the images in my gallery I think turned out very well:

My latest work: Forces of Nature

Inspired by Hindu Iconography: Jai Mahakali Maa

Using the LAMH Free Player: Two Foxes

One of many renders showing off my fleet of 3D cars: Reflections

If you would like to visit my Artstudio, there is my attempt in realism rendering Victoria 5 with the Bree Skin Texture. And one more reason to visit my Artstudio could be the Unlimited Series. A series of eight DAZ Studio Scenes rendered in 3Delight and LuxRender, per example Unlimited No.7.

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited February 2021

Dawnblade's Gallery

1. Vengeance: This is my favorite fantasy render in Iray using the beautiful Akimitsu elf character, and beautiful Hex Arcanum outfit. I spent a lot of time in Photoshop highlighting areas of her outfit and smoothing her skin, as learned from Ignisserpentus' great tutorials on Youtube.
    2. The Healer: A fairy healing a wounded animal. I used Ron's Angel Dust brushes in PS for the magic effects.
    3. Elf Scout: Trying for more dramatic lighting, this is lit primarily with Rim Light Rig Iray. Heavy use of Geometry Editor to hide leaves and branches. FW Galan HD is one of my favorite male characters.
    4. Journey To Dragh Bhordra: Still focusing on dramatic lighting and effects.
    5. Lara Croft Fan Art: Tomb Raider fan art using Joanna for G8F.
    6. Lara Croft Clearing the Cave: I used the G3F version of Joanna. She's a bit beat up and sweaty thanks to Wound Makeup Artist and Wet & Wild.
    7. The Tower at Sea: Seascape with DA Big Ocean and two of Jack's props.
    8. Daily Inspiration: Inspirational render using Fantasy Alcove Window and Sacred Texts.
    9. Silent Knight: Dramatic scene using S&S and emissives. 
    10. Lara Croft Cave of the Laughing Face: A lot of kitbashing and flying dirt while Lara makes her way down the cave. NEW! Added Apr. 30, 2020.
    11. Reading in the Tree Room: Venturing into Anime! NEW! Added Feb. 24, 2021, uploaded Oct. 2019.
    12. Tulips by the River: Scene made with Ultrascenery, and then postworked for oil painting effect. NEW! Added Feb. 24, 2021, uploaded May 2020.
    13. A Surprise Visitor!: Trying out toon art! New! Added Feb. 24, 2021, uploaded Apr. 2020.
    14. Who Can Solve for X?: For Black History Month, I chose Mary W. Jackson, who worked for NASA as the first Black female engineer. NEW! Added Feb. 26, 2021.
    Post edited by dawnblade on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

I just realized last night that the gallery has a "Like" button. Now I need to go back through the thread, find the pictures that I missed commenting on AND adding a Like to all of them. I feel like such a noob.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Ok, I managed to get though all of those now, quite a lot that slipped by in the gallery and were never see. so its a good thing to have them here. And thanks once more to all who commented on my works!

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Here's a few of mine. I assign myself a lo tof homework assignments, so a lot of my gallery and art thread are from that sort of thing, but a few morphed into art I really like. :)  In order of earliest to last done. 

1.) The Fight - working on character interaction in a scene 

2.) Dark Rain - Dark fantasy render inspired by Darwin's character Diesel  

3) The Ravens  - Fantasy scene inspired by my own character 

4) Familiar  - Distracted by squirrels 

5) Summertime - done today for the PC contest, and the last one I did is always one of my favorites. :) 

Linwelly said:

Ok, I managed to get though all of those now, quite a lot that slipped by in the gallery and were never see. so its a good thing to have them here. And thanks once more to all who commented on my works!

Despite my best intentions I am terrible about finding everyone's gallery stuff, so this works really well for me as well.

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    Novica said:
    DireBunny said:

I think it depends on a lot of things- if there's a sale, particularly with glitches, folks are busy shopping instead of surfing. Or if someone else floods the gallery with quite a few images, and yours gets buried faster. I don't know if the galleries go down like the site does, but if a backlog of renders suddenly comes online then maybe that causes the lack of viewers. Anyway, show us what you've got, love to see them!  :) 

Yeah, your right, theres way too many factors, but what i would kill for in the galleries (besides a  reply feature) is a counter to see how many people clicked on what.

I will be adding the newest additions later today and get to "liking" and commenting. Lovely renders so far! 

edited April 2017

I've gotten everyone's added to the index and am checking the links now. I wanted to check before I stated I didn't get notifications about new posts here, and there wasn't a single one. So lesson learned, I'll try to remember to check at least every other day. 

Remember, when you want to change yours out, it's easy. You don't repost your entire list, just a new post with a link to the newest one with NEW! in red, (so others can go Like/Comment, and I'll see it to change the index to reflect recent additions.) Try to do that within reason (change up a couple at a time) so the folks who really are newly joining us won't get overshadowed all the time, if that makes sense. In other words, share the love LOL. 

And don't forget to post links to your OTHER people's favorite gallery items- and when you post them here, if you do a @ with their name, they'll see that you're generating buzz and   1. may join us which gets everyone more likes     2. at least may visit your gallery and return the favor

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2017

Just throwing this out there: My comments can seem overly critical. I'm being honest. I'm telling you what I see. You want honest critiques, right?

I wrtie my comments with the hope that you will perhaps see it from my point of view, and they are honestly my attempt to help you 'improve' your art. We don't have to agree, and you won't get an argument from me if you don't agree with my observations.

Take them as you wish, but they are never mean-spirited. I applaud you, always, for your efforts and the courage you show in displaying your art and asking for comments.

Post edited by evilded777 on

Just throwing this out there: My comments can seem overly critical. I'm being honest. I'm telling you what I see. You want honest critiques, right?

I wrtie my comments with the hope that you will perhaps see it from my point of view, and they are honestly my attempt to help you 'improve' your art. We don't have to agree, and you won't get an argument from me if you don't agree with my observations.

Take them as you wish, but they are never mean-spirited. I applaud you, always, for your efforts and the courage you show in displaying your art and asking for comments.

I've always taken your comments in that spirit.  I've never seen you be mean.  Blunt? Yes, but not ever mean or spiteful. 

edited April 2017

I've always taken your comments in that spirit.  I've never seen you be mean.  Blunt? Yes, but not ever mean or spiteful. 

Well thanks IceDragon... Text is a hard medium...no body language, no facial expressions... so I just wanted to say this because I found myself being a little hard on some images.

Post edited by evilded777 on

Well thanks IceDragon... Text is a hard medium...no body language, no facial expressions... so I just wanted to say this because I found myself being a little hard on some images.

It really is a difficult way to really express oneself.  Over the years I have taught myself to assume the best when communicating by the written word. Far less hurt feelings and drama that way lol. 

edited April 2017

I personally wouldn't take them that way, particularly when the comments show you're actually taking the time to look at the image. My own approach is not everyone wants critiques, so unless it is asked for, I try to avoid that, or at the most give only a basic tip (and lol, I think I'm known for this one, I say it so much- is to darken the white in Diffuse to a gray to avoid white blowouts and it makes it look white anyway.)  So I tend to err on the side of caution, that's just my approach.

But many people really, really welcome the assistance/different point of view, so being helpful is a good thing. You phrase it well so it is probably being received in a positive manner.

I tend to focus on what I like (as those of you who I've already visited know.)  My son's birthday is the 28th and I HAVE to get something done before then, but I will be surfing in this weekend. Anyone who hasn't gotten a gallery listed, please do!

Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I majored in art, and have learned that many artists are thin skinned and prefer no unsolicited critique.  I haven't read any negative or ctiical comments from any posters in the thread but I've found sometimes the effort of showcasing ones image in the gallery is hard enough for some shy individuals. Some people remove the option to comment or even take images down that are critiqued and I don't want to cause that to happen.

My philosophy is to focus on what I like and not comment critically unless asked to. 

I'm not saying that is what others should do, just that is how my life's experience has taught me to handle artists.