Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

@novica. Yup - Night and Day. :-)  Biju will find a way into some of my renders. I thought she was a short hair type of gal. Glad you thought so too.

Nice render. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393
    jakiblue said:

Well now. Mr Goblar has black undies PAINTED on to his base skin. So good luck trying to turn him into an orc or fantasy alien warrior with a loin cloth.....or low slung pants....or lots of other clothing. I am REALLY angry about this - nowhere on the product page does it state this or even show this. His versatility is now zero and he is useless to me. I am returning him for a refund along with the accompanying poses - I will not buy base skins that clothing painted on, particularly if it is NEVER MENTIONED. 

Jack posted in the PC anniversary thread that the product will be updated to remove the painted-on pants.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I picked up MidnightStories skeleton and add ons and you all sold me on the Divine outfit.  I rarely pick up modern stuff but this is versatile enough that I will definitely get some use out of it. And it was free lol.  I also picked up the PoseBlender for less than $6, I've had that on my wishlist since it came out. Especially since it works on anything that has bones. I believe for people characters its from Genesis up. But also horses, dragons etc.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330

I'm glad I dropped by - I'd forgotten all about that "Match That" offer till I saw the comments by Jackiblue and Novica! So I too have grabbed the TOA Divine dress (and some other things) for a cool nothing with some of today's new stuff. I notice the offer seems to be multi-use, but I can't really afford another three items to trigger it today.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

I jumped on the Divine bandwagon also, and grabbed Amblyn while I was at it. So glad you pointed out how versatile they were!!!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:

No, the only item in the Spotlight category I purchased recently was Pose Blender. I checked, of course.
    laugh

I didn't even think about the Match Its! I'm really beginning to feel sorry for the folks in Customer Service...

Just a quick update: I contacted CS around 3am DazTime, and the refunds are already in my Store Credit. The help desk shows the ticket solved, "2 hours ago." That was fast. One of the refunds was for an entire order, as I redid last night's order and added the three free Match Its I qualified for.

I just checked Riversoft Art's store, and both Pose Blender and Eye Clock are still at 73% off. That comes to about 83/84% off in your cart, (according to Daz Deals.)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

Is the "match it" offer still going?  I don't see the link anymore.

L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

No, the only item in the Spotlight category I purchased recently was Pose Blender. I checked, of course.
    laugh

I didn't even think about the Match Its! I'm really beginning to feel sorry for the folks in Customer Service...

Just a quick update: I contacted CS around 3am DazTime, and the refunds are already in my Store Credit. The help desk shows the ticket solved, "2 hours ago." That was fast. One of the refunds was for an entire order, as I redid last night's order and added the three free Match Its I qualified for.

I just checked Riversoft Art's store, and both Pose Blender and Eye Clock are still at 73% off. That comes to about 83/84% off in your cart, (according to Daz Deals.)

They gave me a refund for the difference in price of Bone Doctor and Eye Clock, which I had bought on 10/6. 38 minutes from submission to refund.  Jamie Olsen is a superhero! Thank y'all for pointing out the price change!

Is the "match it" offer still going?  I don't see the link anymore.

This is the link:

https://www.daz3d.com/featured-daz-originals-promotion

I used it earlier today.

• https://www.daz3d.com/featured-daz-originals-promotion - if you go to the person icon at top-right and click it you should see, just above the Log Out button, Messages - click theer and then go to Exclusive Offers. The offer ends tonight, Daz time (so about seven-and-a-half hours from now).

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

Thank you @firewarden and @RichardHaseltine 

@Worlds_Edge You're welcome! laugh

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Yep, I just saw that. I'm impressed! I'm not going to return him, just wait for the update. I'm happy again! LOL 

Leana said:
    jakiblue said:

Well now. Mr Goblar has black undies PAINTED on to his base skin. So good luck trying to turn him into an orc or fantasy alien warrior with a loin cloth.....or low slung pants....or lots of other clothing. I am REALLY angry about this - nowhere on the product page does it state this or even show this. His versatility is now zero and he is useless to me. I am returning him for a refund along with the accompanying poses - I will not buy base skins that clothing painted on, particularly if it is NEVER MENTIONED. 

Jack posted in the PC anniversary thread that the product will be updated to remove the painted-on pants.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I'm personally rather glab Mr. Goblar has underwear. =-)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

I'm going to be offline the rest of this evening, the barn owner's brother was in a four wheeler accident this morning, severe head, back, ribs, leg injuries as it flipped over on him. He is now responsive (has brain hematoma, fractured skull and pelvis) and can now move his arms, fingers, legs-  had been totally unresponsive and not able to move/respond. He's also awake now. So things looking up, that's for sure. I am headed to the hospital when the barn owner heads back there in an hour, to be with her but also I don't want her in a parking lot after dark by herself. So I am getting offline now and just carry on without me  :) 

Before I go - I love the Baby Barry, I knew it was a Kiwi the minute I saw it. I was fortunate enough to visit New Zealand back in 1979, gorgeous place! Love the  black swans with red beaks, such a contrast to our Mute Swans.  Their money is brightly colored and I remember the Kiwi being on at least one of the coins. Adorable!  That vendor has some other cute critters too, be sure and check out that store. 

I'll keep your friend and her brother in my prayers. Such sad news on the homefront, on top of everything else. She is so lucky to have a friend like you. Hugs to you both.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417

Apparantly the creator is removing the underwear, so you can put him in things like tribal loincloths. No word on toast, thankfully. :P

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I just choked on my toast I'm eating now...the bread kind with vegemite! LOL. Bad timing.  

Valandar said:

Apparantly the creator is removing the underwear, so you can put him in things like tribal loincloths. No word on toast, thankfully. :P

@jakiblue   So glad you made that clear.  :)   Back from the hospital- they did another MRI and the bleeders in the brain have not expanded (they are giving him platelets to keep things clotted. I'd think they'd have to balance that with not forming blood clots- tricky.)  He is awake and the barn owner, the mom, and barn owner's daughter are all there and two will be spending the night. Of all the stupid things- one of the main stall cleaners didn't show up today, meaning one person had to do TWENTY SIX stalls at one barn (plus the six of the barn owner's at her house) all by himself. He did not finish until 7 tonight. The barn owner didn't find out until she went home this afternoon. The person called and said she had car trouble. (Really, all day? And no additional calls to even say she wasn't coming at all?)  Aargh. Everything is covered tomorrow with reliable people, thank goodness. 

So what are you folks buying?  I'm getting the Kiwi and Little Alien Guy  from that store (so funny! Think of those as toys) and the PC+ hair  (Evony)  BTW Fast Grab does keep adding things and removing others, so don't assume if you check the first few things (and they're the same) that you have everything / have already seen what's there. Wish they would consistently put new additions at the beginning. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I picked up Midnight Skeleton. Sarge will need something to fight.. Although maybe its Boyd's turn this time. I thought the couples poses were kind of cute, but didn't partake. Nothing else  really did it for me....

I rather like Evony Hair. But I'll wait another day. It can fill out my cart if I need to buy multiples to get a great deal on older content. Some nice things in Debut, but nothing I really need. I see Will finally got his Wyrm to do what he wanted. I'm glad Daz approved it for sale, though I really don't need it. I did wishlist it, though. So far, the weekend's been a bust for me. Thankfully.

edited October 2017

LOL I need the hair for three things, to get the 25% off. It makes those items 53% off.

Yesterday I went through SEVENTY pages of the Commons for the fun of it. Interesting what you can find. Did you know that wonderful eye in the promo for the Eye Clock is from Octavia? (Last thumbnail top row)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2017

Here's another fun find, @Ivy gives wonderful advice on animations, and I followed a link to find her YouTube channel. Look at her latest! Love the clouds, bokehs, and plane. The approach to the city is awesome!  All this done in the studio. Edit- she won 3rd place in the Renderosity Animation Contest. Go Girl!!!

Also, did you know DAZ isn't capitalized any more? When it changed owners, it is just Daz. But is DAZ Studio. Screwy. And the thread I was on, no one ever answered the question about what PA really stands for, published or premier? Several promos, as was pointed out, use both. So forum members, which do you think it is?

(only 40 more tabs to go. I opened one for each thread I wanted to quickly surf. Got through 30 already.)

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

Yesterday I went through SEVENTY pages of the Commons for the fun of it. Interesting what you can find. Did you know that wonderful eye in the promo for the Eye Clock is from Octavia? (Last thumbnail top row)

I rarely get beyond the second page, unless I'm looking for a specific thread. You must have been really bored. I don't have Octavia. That eye is interesting, that's for sure.

Novica said:

Also, did you know DAZ isn't capitalized any more? When it changed owners, it is just Daz. But is DAZ Studio. Screwy. And the thread I was on, no one ever answered the question about what PA really stands for, published or premier? Several promos, as was pointed out, use both. So forum members, which do you think it is?

(only 40 more tabs to go. I opened one for each thread I wanted to quickly surf. Got through 30 already.)

Yes, I saw that. When did it change owners? (I knew it had, just no idea when.)

Follow the link on the bottom of the page labeled "Publishing." The page it goes to uses "Published Artist" exclusively. I think it's only marketing that uses Premium in place of Published because it sounds more exclusive.

LOL not bored, but I got taken down a rabbit hole. I started reading a thread that I hadn't noticed, and thought hmmm, what else have I missed? It was nice to not render and actually surf some topics.

I don't know when ownership changed. It was in a thread but there wasn't any other information. Personally I'm capitalizing it out of habit and probably won't remember not to do that.

According to this archived article from 2012, "DAZ spun out of Zygote Media Group Inc., of Provo, in December 2000." and "In 2009, DAZ merged with Gizmoz, of Tel Aviv, a developer of animation and 3D technologies." Wikipedia on Daz 3D was a waste of time, practically nothing there. I did find information that the company incorporated in 2006, becoming "Daz Productions, Inc." Notice it's Daz, not DAZ, but that could just be the from the reporting sites. So mystery not yet solved.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    L'Adair said:

According to this archived article from 2012, "DAZ spun out of Zygote Media Group Inc., of Provo, in December 2000." and "In 2009, DAZ merged with Gizmoz, of Tel Aviv, a developer of animation and 3D technologies." Wikipedia on Daz 3D was a waste of time, practically nothing there. I did find information that the company incorporated in 2006, becoming "Daz Productions, Inc." Notice it's Daz, not DAZ, but that could just be the from the reporting sites. So mystery not yet solved.

When I first started out with animation in the 1990's I used a software called Infini-D by MetaCreations. I could be wrong about this but I believe MetaCreations merged with what was to become DAZ around year 2000.

Still have Infini-d installed on an old workstation, should really open it to see what it looked like:)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

When I first started out with animation in the 1990's I used a software called Infini-D by MetaCreations. I could be wrong about this but I believe MetaCreations merged with what was to become DAZ around year 2000.

Still have Infini-d installed on an old workstation, should really open it to see what it looked like:)

No, MetaCreations never merged with Daz (or DAZ).  They became Viewpoint Corporation in 1999.  They sold off all their graphics products, with Carrara and Bryce ultimately being bought by Daz from Eovia and Corel.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

No, MetaCreations never merged with Daz (or DAZ).  They became Viewpoint Corporation in 1999.  They sold off all their graphics products, with Carrara and Bryce ultimately being bought by Daz from Eovia and Corel.

Ok I stand corrected then. Thank you for the info;)

edited October 2017

Ok I stand corrected then. Thank you for the info;)

@svendullah   Hey, at least you tried!  Thanks also @ladair

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.