Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Hmmm. I've already forgotten- what were the discounts during the PA sale on the new debuts and still news? There's some of the new items in the daily spotlight, the one's I am looking at are 60% off due to buying a new release. Was 60% standard for the New Releases in the PA sale? Or was it 50% for 1, 60% for two? My orders are so mixed with the different sections that I can't tell what is what.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

Hmmm. I've already forgotten- what were the discounts during the PA sale on the new debuts and still news? There's some of the new items in the daily spotlight, the one's I am looking at are 60% off due to buying a new release. Was 60% standard for the New Releases in the PA sale? Or was it 50% for 1, 60% for two? My orders are so mixed with the different sections that I can't tell what is what.

IIRC, Debut and Still New were 1 for 40% or 2 for 50%, with a few exceptions. Spotlight was also 1 for 40% or 2 for 50% with no exceptions. Featured Artist was also 1 for 40% or 2 for 50%, but with an additional 20% with a Debut or Still New, so basically 60%. MFG was 65% or 75% with the purchase of a Debut or Still New. But this is all from memory, and we both know how faulty that is!

I usually passed on the Spotlight, as well as the new releases, unless something was a must have. The exceptions were getting Debut or Still New to trigger the 75% in Mega Fast Grab, and only then if it was something I would put in my wishlist otherwise. Or something I couldn't resist, like Precious and her addon characters.

• sueyasueya Posts: 830
    edited October 2017

I have been experimenting with Legacy uvs for Genesis 3 Victoria 6

The girl on the left uses Modern muses yzande v6 with Lilac Diffuse colour and the girl on the right (Aiko 7) uses Summer from the other site beginning with R.

Legacygirls.jpg
    800 x 800 - 78K
    Post edited by sueya on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

My price for the IRay Lens FX in my history suggests it's the same price then and now-- I guess I may have picked up an extra discount. So I THINK it's about the same... at least for that item. I'm eyeing some of the other spotlighted new releases though...

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
    Iray Lens FX 47747 1 $10.98
    Precocious for Genesis 3 Female(s) 32247 1 $4.48
    Collective3d Bathroom Stuff 20469 1 $1.89
    Sci-fi Control Panels 37581 1 $0.00
    Ron's Glitter 37953 1 $7.41
    Sci-fi Cargo Ship 44251 1 $2.49
    Subtotal $37.60
    Discount -$10.35
    Grand Total $27.25

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    cismic said:

Joseph Kravis

Awesome! A good example of the value of having a big library.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459
    edited October 2017
    cismic said:

A lot of items went into this image. Certainly a kit bash event. Comments Always welcome. 

Description

Boo and Happy Halloween. Many thanks to all PA's

Joseph Kravis

Wow! That's awesome on so many levels, from the bats to the skeleton staring at us. Kudos!

Post edited by firewarden on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    cismic said:

Lots of depth in this one and the color tone is perfect for it!

sueya said:

I have been experimenting with Legacy uvs for Genesis 3 Victoria 6

The girl on the left uses Modern muses yzande v6 with Lilac Diffuse colour and the girl on the right (Aiko 7) uses Summer from the other site beginning with R.

I really like the pale purple!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Did anyone pick up Ron's new broken/shattered glass brushes?  I also picked up the Skin Doctor Dirt and Grime. If you read the description carefully it sounds like this is part of a base for all kinds of things, kind of like the Pose Dr. (same PA  SF-Design RiverSoft Art  and I'm a big fan of SF Design as well)

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Awesome! A good example of the value of having a big library. 

@RGcincy I’ve been using daz since Dec. 31 2016. And, yes have amassed lots of stuff both free and purchased.  No official 3d art or training but have dug into the many forums, youtube and places to learn how to use all the tools. I like you're big city scenes. :-)

cismic said:

A lot of items went into this image. Certainly a kit bash event. Comments Always welcome. 

Description

Boo and Happy Halloween. Many thanks to all PA's

Joseph Kravis

Wow! That's awesome on so many levels, from the bats to the skeleton staring at us. Kudos!

firewarden It is fun putting these images together. I get ideas of what I want things to look like and shop accordingly, while thinking of multi use and sets have started to amass a nice libray of stuff.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I did pick up the shattered glass brushes. I haven’t done anything with them yet....but they look nice.... I just have to do a seen where it makes sense....

cismic said:

Joseph Kravis

Lots of depth in this one and the color tone is perfect for it!

sueya said:

@IceDragonArt Thank you. :-)

edited October 2017

@ladair   I know you lost all your emails so if there's something you need to know price-wise, let me know. Can you folks tell me what you paid for Yvoire?  You may be able to get it cheaper at 60%. (I have new debut in cart.)  Right now at 60% it's 15.98

One I want to point out (that goes to 51%, I haven't checked to see if that's the right discount, just got online) is Tara 2 HD for Victoria 7 and Victoria 8  by @Kayleyss. Don't let the main promo fool you, there's other brows, including "soft" versions. I have a new release in the cart. And although she won't look quite the same on G3F/ G8F you don't have to have the Victorias. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2017

Gentle reminder (and apologies in advance if I annoy people, not my intention. I appreciate everyone's input very much)  to trim down reposts and only put what is necessary to remind people what the post was that you are referencing. It's so people can scroll through threads quicker and keeps threads tidy. It helps to have the images smaller (click on the image and in the image icon make sure the image sizes is locked so you don't just change one and warp the other, then resize to about 250 on the biggest side.)  I'm actually not OCD, that's forum netiquette because it does help people surfing the threads, on mobile devices, and for other sites it's because of what people get in emails. Rich did it right in this post.

Speaking of which, are you getting some of the emails that actually have the forum posts? If it's a one liner, or two sentences, sometimes they are going through to the emails. 

And can we PLEASE go back to getting the posts in emails? (Mods, can you ask?) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited October 2017

Quick tip for people who've picked up the freebie or discounted"Surreal" hair texture addons: they partially depend on diffuse tinting effects, and one of the better ways to translate them to Iray is to bypass your favorite Iray hair shaders, go to Parrotdolphin's Iray Shaders (I have #2, but I think her other sets have similar settings) and click on "Silk but keep image maps" and then the highest bump strength option you can find. It will look like your character uses a particularly FABULOUS brand of shampoo and conditioner, but it will retain the coloring, and by and large the hairstyles Surreality chose to texture kind of invite that impression anyway.

Post edited by Odaa on
    edited October 2017

@odaa  Great tip, thank you!

@merlinstudios  Thank you so much for the free Art Deco Cabinet!  So incredibly generous! 

Other 60% Spotlight items many of you bought and should check  The Legend    I am checking for a few others, I have to sign out to see what's there in Spotlight. If I find any other recents, I'll let you know.  The Legend goes to 19.59 at 60% off. Can you tell us what you got it for, was it 60%?

Post edited by Novica on
  • StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited October 2017

Novica said:

Other 60% Spotlight items many of you bought and should check  The Legend    I am checking for a few others, I have to sign out to see what's there in Spotlight. If I find any other recents, I'll let you know.  The Legend goes to 19.59 at 60% off. Can you tell us what you got it for, was it 60%?

Hi,

I bought The Legend on October 1 for $24.47 (50% off).

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited October 2017
    Novica said:

@ladair   I know you lost all your emails so if there's something you need to know price-wise, let me know. Can you folks tell me what you paid for Yvoire?  You may be able to get it cheaper at 60%. (I have new debut in cart.)  Right now at 60% it's 15.98

I got it for 50% the day it was released = 19.98, but I saved on two other items as a result of buying it then, so no point requesting a refund of the difference for me. The G8M Character UVs is also cheaper (in theory) today, but I benefitted from a glitch and got it at a steal price the day it was released. Pendi Boots and the Classic Side-Part Hair are also cheaper today than during the PA Sale, but again they were triggers for savings on other buys so I more than broke even on those deals.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • EtaminEtamin Posts: 129
    Novica said:

@odaa  Great tip, thank you!

@merlinstudios  Thank you so much for the free Art Deco Cabinet!  So incredibly generous! 

Yes, the Legend was $19.58 in cart (with Jack Tomalin's Winterblack Tower as the qualifying purchase) smiley  

Legend is a 1 GB download, and DIM is downloading VERY slowly right now

edited October 2017

I don’t subscribe to threads because the forum replies are unhelpful. I want to read the response offsite not have to come here to read it.

One thing about quoting posts. It can very difficult to do as you say if you aren’t using a computer. Some handheld devices don’t let you quote or alter the picture size. In fact when I type on several of my devices the forum gets a bit wonky and the cursor jumps to the bottom of the text.  The forums aren’t handheld device friendly.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited October 2017

If you have a qualifying item in cart: (and look at that vehicle bundle)  The Classic Side Part Hair and Character UVs go to 76% now.

World War II U.S. Uniform HD for Genesis 8 Male(s)  was 14.86 and is now 13.98  Difference 0.88

Battleground    14.01    13.18  Difference  0.83

Upper Class Vehicle Bundle   19.97    15.99      Difference 3.98

Pendi Boots & Leggings for Genesis 8 Female(s)    $4.19    3.60   Difference  0.59

Genesis 3 Character UVs for Genesis 8 Males     6.14    5.27    Difference 0.87

Classic Side Part Hair (Genesis 3 and 8)     7.86     5.99  Difference  1.87

So those add up to a refund of 9.02 for me. Remember, you must show these items in the cart with the qualifying item (or items) and do a screenshot. Then you MUST BUY the qualifying item and supply that order number. You can't say "IF I would've bought this, I could have gotten it cheaper."  So, remember to log out every day and check the spotlights (I keep forgetting to log out!) to see what is there from the PA sale. I normally don't do the piddly amounts but since I looked it up anyway and there were multiples that added up, it was easy to do for today.

For newbies (and others) the ultra fast way to check: put the items in your cart. Keep that tab open that has the cart so you'll have the current price.
    Second, open a Product Library tab. Copy and paste (just highlight the product name from the cart) into Product Library search, and from there get the order number and date.

Third, go to your EMAIL on that date and get the price you paid. In your support ticket, just copy/paste from your email. It has the SKU and price, which speeds things up. Do the math for support. You tell them the current price, minus what you paid, and put the difference. At the end, total it up. Tell them if it's store credit or refund. It NEVER takes more than four to seven hours for my refunds, sometimes less than an hour. Help support, make it easy for them. 

Edit- another tip- while you're in your order in the emails, jot down the DATE of the order (and if multiple orders that day, write down the amount of the order)  then go to paypal and you can easily find it. You have to give the transaction number if paid by Paypal.

Post edited by Novica on

It is truly annoying that beyond the email confirmation, Daz does not provide us with the actual amount we paid for any given item, unless it's the only thing in the cart, or the only thing that isn't free, If you view the order, either via the Orders page in your account, or by clicking on the Order # on the product in your Product Library, Daz list's the items with download links, (manual and DIM,) SKU and the full price as listed in the catalog.

However, there is a button on that page for "Invoices" under About This Order which will open a page with the same information Daz sends to Paypal. I believe the price shown on this Invoice page is the sales price price to any extra discounts.

For example, Yvoire is listed on my order page at $39.95. But on the Invoice, it's listed for $23.97, which is 40% off. I purchased three Debut new releases that day, so my price should be $19.98. Unless there was some other deal going on that day with buy 3 and get an extra X% off Debut items. At least one of the Debut items would have gone on my wishlist if there wasn't a compelling reason to buy 3.

Anyway, sometimes viewing the Invoice will give you better information than the viewing the Order.

edited October 2017

Ati has sponsored a render competition, PC+ and render your cart competition, and one of the requirements is to take a screenshot of your cart and attach it to your entry post. What a great way to get us in the habit of taking a screenshot of all our carts!

Post edited by L'Adair on

Nope, the invoice just duplicates the About This Order, at least on mine. No discounts show. :(   Remember when they changed the cart? Man, folks were ticked off. They did it to benefit Daz (aha, no capital letters) and not to benefit customers. It makes it harder for people to compare discounts.  We all thought it was a glitch at the time, people were reporting it left and right, then found out it was deliberate. 

Hi,

I bought The Legend on October 1 for $24.47 (50% off).

Trish

Trish, if you're getting a qualifying item (I think New Debut) then you may want to file a ticket 24.47-19.58= 4.89

I’ve sort of given up on asking for price adjustments. I used to do it all the time but the prices and keeping track of what has gone on sale and the new cost just got tiring.

Yep, I normally don't either- but with the PA sale I spent a lot of money and getting $9-$10 back (or even $6 a day) will add up. I've gotten about $15 back in a couple days, plus $9 is $25. My problem is trying to remember what I bought, when I bought so much stuff. So for this, I just quit trying and plug the Spotlight items in the Product Library, and it will show the order date. Very fast.

• I feel like at some point I was able to get Generation 3 skin maps, including V3, A3 and L3, to work with Genesis 2 characters, but that there was a script for a band that didn't work right around the thighs... 

​I can't remember how it worked and can't find anything on the web, tutorials or scripts or anything. I feel like the instructions were on Deviant Art. Anyhow... I can get it to work wtih the V3 Geografts for G3F... but not with G2F. Is it just my imagination, or does anyone else know what I'm talking about? 

​If I save a V3, A3, L3 skin as a .duf and load it on a G2F character, just the lips and other... uh, surface features.. change color. So many different ways to do things, it is hard to remember what you've leared unless you're using it every day. 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I have a vague recollection about that "band around the thighs" being an issue with V3 and A3 - or it may have been V4 and A4? Where basically the skins worked on each other except for that area around the thighs...... but i don't recall it with the Gen2 line.  

I feel like at some point I was able to get Generation 3 skin maps, including V3, A3 and L3, to work with Genesis 2 characters, but that there was a script for a band that didn't work right around the thighs... 

​I can't remember how it worked and can't find anything on the web, tutorials or scripts or anything. I feel like the instructions were on Deviant Art. Anyhow... I can get it to work wtih the V3 Geografts for G3F... but not with G2F. Is it just my imagination, or does anyone else know what I'm talking about? 

​If I save a V3, A3, L3 skin as a .duf and load it on a G2F character, just the lips and other... uh, surface features.. change color. So many different ways to do things, it is hard to remember what you've leared unless you're using it every day. 

This discussion has been closed.