Carrara Challenge #34 - Sing to Me, Muse - WIP Thread

167891012»

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited August 2017

Dart and HW, thank you for the nice comments!

HW, your painted masterpieces contine to push boundaries.  At some point, I really need to ask you how you get such realistic-looking brush strokes.  And I love your large-sized pics.

PhilW said:

Some great art and entries - it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to participate this time, apologies, but maybe I can't find my muse!

If I were you I'd just look in the mirror. :)

Ha!  John, I had the exact same thought before reading your post.yes

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    PhilW said:

Some great art and entries - it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to participate this time, apologies, but maybe I can't find my muse!

Did you look in your sock drawer?

Sock drawer? Luxury! I live in a shoebox in't middle of the road...

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    Vyusur said:

@Dartanbeck, @Stezza, @head wax, thank you for the nice comments. I think, they don't speak, they think.

...and look fondly at one another? ;)

th3Digit said:
    Vyusur said:

@Dartanbeck, @Stezza, @head wax, thank you for the nice comments. I think, they don't speak, they think.

am pretty sure the cocky says "polly wants a cracker" but you had to cover the cracker!!!

LOL!!! Darned censorship, eh?!!! 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is 1 of those projects fighting me at every turn   

the ferris wheel lights wont conform in place.  poser version of the pc carnival ferris wheel

wheel of terror not as frightning as london ferris wheel
    do they have an emergency pan if it tips over?

Dart and HW, thank you for the nice comments!

HW, your painted masterpieces contine to push boundaries.  At some point, I really need to ask you how you get such realistic-looking brush strokes.  And I love your large-sized pics.

Me too!

I think that he makes great use of tools from Topaz Labs, like "Impression", for example. But he has a nice toolkit of apps.

Neat thing... I just attended a webinar for the brand new (and exciting) PaintShop Pro, and several of the upgrade packages available for it are the Topaz Labs tools! Yaaay! That really caught my eye!

But, yeah... HW certainly has the gift of being a very talented artist. His work always moves me.

Well, all... I must apologize again. My parade hath been rained upon and will not be able to submit for this challenge. Today was my last chance and the thing that threatened to drag me away came and dragged me away. Drumming live all day and night tomorrow so... 

This was one of my muses:

...but only topically. The scene I was (am) working on was (is) a precious moment for my Rosie character as she discovers her magical abilities for the first time and, with some subtle hints from a mentor, was igniting magic from her hands - the first time that she's actually 'controlled' it. Here magic has 'gone off' before, but she wasn't aware of how or why it was happening.

Anyway, it's a cute moment. Rosie has some wonderful expressions - especially when she's happily excited, and this is a very magical moment in that way as well - she's damned cute. The magic is going to be (not done yet) a combination of in-render effects and lighting as well as using some pretty nifty vfx techniques I wanted to try for the first time beyond imagining as I study. 

Although this does eventually lead to a Magic Dance (remember the muse?) the dance, itself, was not going to take place in this animation.  This was just going to be a short glimpse of the discovery and success - a touching moment of experience.

Maybe I'll find some time to come back to this thread and show off some of my WIP on it.

Another muse that drives me often

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited August 2017

About 15 hours left before I will close the entry thread. 

Enjoyed my vacation, but really hated the drive back.  Made me miss the free Blacksmith 3D give-away.  sadno

Post edited by Chohole on

Thanks for the comments, Dart, HW, and UB.  

head wax said:
    Diomede said:

Here are the base renders and the final composite for my Pennsylvania frontier fur trapper entry.

Love this piece and also how you've included the individual plates! If one wanted, they could grab those and experiment with compositing just using those... very nice!

aggreed, particularly like the trees o the treeline directly below the moon - that's a lovely passage

edited August 2017

See Princess Bride in Theaters, October 15th!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: google Princess Bride TCM theaters.  30th Anniversay showings.   The link I tried had an ad. Sorry.

Another muse that drives me often

Post edited by Diomede on

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    PhilW said:
    PhilW said:

cardboard shoebox?

you were lucky..... we lived for three months in a paper bag in septic tank!

Stezza said:
    PhilW said:
    PhilW said:

cardboard shoebox?

you were lucky..... we lived for three months in a paper bag in septic tank!

lived in a chartruce mini bus

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited August 2017

Getting it together... as is. :(

HF_BeechDaleAutumnFog_13.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    OOTWoods.png
    1366 x 768 - 520K
    Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited August 2017
    wgdjohn said:

that's pretty classic :)

Here's a screen grab of the whole scene of my entry The Handmaidens. Most of the clothes draped in VWD

The paintings on the back wall are my paraphrases of Bosche's ship of fools (behind the painter), a Casper Freidrich (bottom centre)  an Arnold Bocklin - bottom right , a Fuseli (the nightmare - top left) and top right a scene from Dante's inferno by 

William-Adolphe Bouguereau.

The painter Diego Velázquez in this case is played by the Dada Poet  Hugo Ball.

screengrab.jpg
    606 x 843 - 444K
    Post edited by Headwax on
    head wax said:
    wgdjohn said:

Here's a screen grab of the whole scene of my entry The Handmaidens. Most of the clothes draped in VWD

The paintings on the back wall are my paraphrases of Bosche's ship of fools (behind the painter), an Arnold Bocklin - bottom right , a Fuselli (the nightmare - top left) and top right a scene from Dante's inferno by 

William-Adolphe Bouguereau. The painter in this case is played by the Dada Poet  Hugo Ball.

Very interesting!

Hmmm... Speaking of interesting....

wgdjohn said:

Entries are Closed - Voting is Open

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    head wax said:
    wgdjohn said:

Hmmm... Speaking of interesting....

wgdjohn said:

I actually could have named it "What's wrong with this render?"  LOL.  ...Is ok since I've no expectations of winning... only learning.  Now that it's up for the Carrara and other 3D folks to see... I'll let them pick it apart. :)

edited August 2017

like to make every challenge a learning process

every once in a while learning process is painful struggle  lol

many hours on yuna mane, gave up in the end.

ferris wheel lights

rainbow and sunbeams

pink clouds scaling

motion path

outta control somehow  cool

Post edited by Mistara on
    Diomede said:

Two days left to vote.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

I keep looking, thinking there are too many great images and putting off the decision! I must go and do it, finally.