Carrara Challenge #34 - Sing to Me, Muse - WIP Thread

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

succulents 

I love the sound of that word!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

and they are big succulents to!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

hard to render rainbows and unicorns without rainbows.

mebbe a color gradient with the rgb values of roygbiv  

(not to be confused with every good boy does fine laugh)

almost a rainbow

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited August 2017

Rainbows...  I would give vertex modeler a go... just create a grid say 20x3 for RGB and add a Deform/Bend modifier.... looks like my pic with simple colors which should look better as color gradients to blend into each other.  BTW: I turned cast shadows off for the vertex deformed grid.

Forgot to mention all the simple modeling took only a few mins.  It has 3 shader domains... top - red, mid - green and btm -blue. :)  Note... I would work more on the shaders... need a bit of transparancy or something in Alpha perhaps.

Rainbow_test.png
    640 x 480 - 209K
    rainbow_testVM.png
    1366 x 768 - 210K
    Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited August 2017

Great job, John.  Here is a similar approach that uses only one shading domain.  I modeled a rectangle in the vertex modeler, used planar preset to fill the square uvmap.   The shader uses a gradient with the points chosen from around the color circle.  A saved grayscale gradient controls the color gradient.  I then rigged the rectangle with a bone skeleton and posed as an arch to get the rainbow.  Depending on purpose and taste, you could add thickness first to the rectangle before rigging and then use refraction with the shader.

ii03 planar uvmap to use whole square.JPG
    1697 x 919 - 145K
    ii05 gradient tool.JPG
    1222 x 953 - 73K
    ii06 shader tree color gradient multiple points around color cirlcle.JPG
    1364 x 770 - 101K
    ii08 create animation group.JPG
    1654 x 865 - 192K
    ii11 test render.jpg
    640 x 480 - 17K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Here I rotated the grayscale that controls the color gradient.  Think this might better match rainbows.  Maybe not.

There is still a full week. Stay motivated.

ii11 test render 2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 17K
    edited August 2017

My eyes are holding out a bit longer today. :)  I experimented again with some shader settings and came up with the one below... all shading domains only differer in color... other settings are alike... Oh Aura and Blur are enablabled in Asssemble room.  If I could figure a way to add Fog effects to it I'd be a happy camper. :)  ...needs some Edge Falloff and some Patchiness... perhaps other effects available in fog settings.

edit:  If I really wanted one... I'd create a few more domains and colours.

Rainbow_test_02.png
    640 x 480 - 248K
    Shader_example.png
    1366 x 768 - 295K
    AssembleRoom.png
    1366 x 768 - 215K
  • namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 246

Hi there, hope i'm not late for this party :D

I am working on a scene called "sorrow", inspired by the muse of my life, Arwen (Liv Tyler) and the sad ending of the elven princess. 

Another day comes to the end for her, while everything around her grows, get old and die, she remains there, alone. Her family and friends died long time ago, and the glory of her kingdom is now history, but she can't die, and she is completely alone... 

I use my custom morph inspired in Liv, and used the beautiful props from "Daybed".  

:D 

001.jpg
    2000 x 1286 - 2M
    Screenshot_8.jpg
    1889 x 839 - 742K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Looks great, Namtar!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

If you search for Livia V4 by Syltermermaid, I think that character is meant to be Liv Tyler.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

pertty rainbows heart

PhilW said:

If you search for Livia V4 by Syltermermaid, I think that character is meant to be Liv Tyler.

Well, i have MostDigitalCreations "Lady of the Rings", RetroDevil's ALITA and MDD Eirwen Characters, that are inspired by Liv and are awesome works. But, i make my own morph because i am looking for a 3D clone of Liv. Unfotunately my skills are not so good yet. 

Looks great, Namtar!

Thank you! 

I added some lights, but i forgot to render in PMC mode, XD. In the entry thread it will be. 

Did you have any suggestions or comments about this? You think she look like liv? 

004.jpg
    2000 x 1286 - 2M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

yes can see the resemblence, is a lovely render heart

+1 yes

and look at all the rainbows smiley

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    Mistara said:

is there a way to exclude something from the render settings idl ambient occlusion?

like transmapped hair?

or leaves?

Mistara, I don't have much experience with GI and Inirect Lighting and all, but I feel confident we can come up with a render pass (or passes) that can be combined in post to create a matte...I'm having a little trouble visualizing what you need...

Namtar3d,  Very much alike Liv!

edited August 2017

Today's Muse

Rainbows & Pegasus

Rainbow Pegasus.jpg
    718 x 403 - 223K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Cool... is that your terrain or from a PA?  I've been setting up diff cams in a HF scene all night for Taylor's "Out of the Woods".  Once done I can begin on modeling a few VM primitives as woodsy folk.

edited August 2017

That's Dartanbeck's terrain... made the rainbow in the modelling room... used 15% transparency on it and used the glow channels for the colours with a blur effect added to it. Then Rendered it out at the lowest settings...

Post edited by Stezza on

This Evenings Muse

Lazy Susan

I don't do animations but thought I'd do this one for the challenge lol..

edited August 2017

​@namtar3d - can really see Liv shining through.  Good choices and beautiful image.

@Stezza - remember, you can enter as many times as you wish.  These daily muses are wonderful.

@Mistara - mnemonics! - https://www.universetoday.com/33136/tricks-to-remember-the-planets/

Important dates - Entry Thread Closes August 11th

- WIP thread opens - July 6th, 2017, 3pm, Eastern Standard Time, US.

- Entry thread opens - July 30th, 2017, Midnight, Eastern Standard Time, US.

- Entry thread closes, votng begins - August 11th, 2017, Midnight, Eastern Standard Time, US.

- Voting thread closes, winners announced, - August 18th, 2017, Midnight, Eastern Standard Time, US.

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited August 2017

Finally... maybe??, have a Howie Farkes "Springdale Autum Fog" canvas to start placing some objects.  I'm planning on having it hidden but using it as a backdrop for initial placement ideas and quick rendering... then, when happy drop the backdrop and unhide the scene for a few, hopefully, longer renders.   Please let me know if you notice anything "not quite right".

HF_BeechDaleAutumnFog.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    edited August 2017
    Diomede said:

​@namtar3d - can really see Liv shining through.  Good choices and beautiful image.

@Stezza - remember, you can enter as many times as you wish.  These daily muses are wonderful.

@Mistara - mnemonics! - https://www.universetoday.com/33136/tricks-to-remember-the-planets/

Important dates - Entry Thread Closes August 11th

- WIP thread opens - July 6th, 2017, 3pm, Eastern Standard Time, US.

- Entry thread opens - July 30th, 2017, Midnight, Eastern Standard Time, US.

- Entry thread closes, votng begins - August 11th, 2017, Midnight, Eastern Standard Time, US.

- Voting thread closes, winners announced, - August 18th, 2017, Midnight, Eastern Standard Time, US.

wgdjohn said:

Namtar3d,  Very much alike Liv!

Thats a relief! I spend much time making the morph. Thank you for the kind comments! :D 

By the way, where is the entry thread? :D

Post edited by namtar3d on

Thanks Diomede... hopefully things will be smooth sailing and I'll be using it before cutoff. :)

@wgdjohn - Think we were typing at the same time above.  Good plan.  Like the idea of usng the backdrop as a reference tool during the assemble phase.  yes

Diomede said:

Thanks @diomede ..

Today's  Muse

Snow 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Stezza said:
    Diomede said:

Thanks @diomede ..

Today's  Muse

Snow 

that's terrific snow!

Stezza said:

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Ah, snow. Reminds me of Summer! wink