Underrepresented WWII Uniforms?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Sevrin said:

Most Europeans don't have fond memories of or romantic notions about the 2nd World War, and they've mostly moved on.  The French are prouder of their fighters who didn't wear uniforms, the Résistance, than of those who did, many of whom were collaborators.  The British are proud enough of their part in the war, but the burden was born both by those in and out of uniform, and the post-war was a rough time.  The Russians lost 20 million during the Great Patriotic War.  The Italians would just as soon forget the whole thing ever happened.  The only ones to have mythologized it are the Americans.  That's why they make the toys and the others don't.

We remember  

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited August 2019

"The only ones to have mythologized it are the Americans.  That's why they make the toys and the others don't."

It's not about discussing mythologizing WW2 or not. (For my part, I'm more concerned with breaking the myth of problem solving with gun violence in my illustrations.- but that too is not the topic). The point is that we see WW2 invasion beaches, tanks etc. on this platform .... but then the logical counterpart is missing. A bit like opening a women's shoe store - and then exclude shoe heels of over 3 centimeters from sale..... Of course, we can not and do not want to make any demands, on the other hand the artists should not be surprised if sales of the few available items are not going as expected. Ask the gunsmith how well he can sell rifles to which there is no ammunition available if you get my point.

No offense, just saying

Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

The problem is that every time you open the door, a bunch of neoNazis blitzkrieg in and ruin things.

Thats why we can’t have nice things. :/

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128

Probably can't post one here but I love artists like Norman Saunders 50s-60s Mens magazine covers... esp. the WW2 sexual exploit themed covers like World of Men, Stag, or Men in Conflict. Like video games I think one can appreciate and enjoy these fantasies without forgetting the real horror, sacrifice, and lessons of WW2.

• "In my estimation, the only thing that is more to be guarded against than bad taste is good taste." Russell Lynes

• gdijedi7gdijedi7 Posts: 25

I would like more uniforms. I would also like tanks that can rotate their treads. I bought a very cool looking Sherman and was horrified to find that the treads don't rotate, and the gun doesn't elevate or depress.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    gdijedi7 said:

I would like more uniforms. I would also like tanks that can rotate their treads. I bought a very cool looking Sherman and was horrified to find that the treads don't rotate, and the gun doesn't elevate or depress.

That is due to rigging and rigging treads is very difficult and very time consuming. If i was a PA I would skip treads also considering the return on investment

• That is due to rigging and rigging treads is very difficult and very time consuming. If i was a PA I would skip treads also considering the return on investment

The commercial aspect explains why we have products where you can make hang certain attributes in 5 different ways out of a top ..... and a Sherman unable to point its gun ;-). Who said the market regulates itself?

Just saying. No offense.

edited August 2019

For all those who have lost the patience to wait: By kitbashing this here (woking pretty well with G3 and G8), together with some shader-work:

https://www.daz3d.com/uniforms-for-michael-6

https://www.daz3d.com/ww2-submachine-guns

https://www.daz3d.com/shenandoah-greatcoat-for-genesis-2-male-s

you get a rather passable Japanese soldier. The secret is to turn the figure in a way that "discrepancies" can not be seen......

• I have some pilot outfits that will be coming out soon!
  • sjaammonssjaammons Posts: 185
    edited August 2019
    I have some pilot outfits that will be coming out soon!

You have my curiosity AND attention. OwO They a specific historical pilot outfits, a steam punk fiction outfit? 

Post edited by sjaammons on
  • WWII
  • I have some pilot outfits that will be coming out soon!

If it's historical and not one-block stuff, I am your client! Did you notice that the clothes of certain flight crews were heatable (electric blanket-like). There was a plug for the power circuit in the plane.

See the source image

edited August 2019

Forgot this here, a little bit later:

See the source image

WWII

Not all heroes wear capes...

• :)
  • And if you plan some props:

See the source image

• DarkEdgeDesignDarkEdgeDesign Posts: 488
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Andre for the references, however the outfit is already submitted. I am hoping it satisfies the needs.
    Post edited by DarkEdgeDesign on
  • You are most welcome! I have no time to make clothes and props myself (I work mostly on scenarios and even for that I have barely time enough). With references and the like I will always help with pleasure, should an artist have questions.

Thanks Andre for the references, however the outfit is already submitted. I am hoping it satisfies the needs.

Well can't wait to see what it looks like! gonna be an instant buy for me. :)

• I did find this uniform for the female Gen3 characters,It includes all the historically accurate symbols that make SWJ’s wet themselves and run to a puppy pet session. The uniform is contrasted fairly well, hopefully there be an update to Gen8. I bought it, just to support the maker for having the stones, not to cave to SJW big brother.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/german-ss-uniform-for-g3-females/125035/

• DarkEdgeDesignDarkEdgeDesign Posts: 488
    edited August 2019

Also available for Genesis Male, goggles move over eyes or up on flight helmet.

Post edited by DarkEdgeDesign on

Also available for Genesis Male, goggles move over eyes or up on flight helmet.

Male and Female options AND adjustable goggles? You are my hero. It looks perfect. Not sure how long the approval process is but I hope this comes out soonish! Excited.

edited August 2019

See the source image

• Cool, glad you guys are looking forward to it! smiley

• Cool, glad you guys are looking forward to it! smiley

Any ideas of when this beauty will be relased? I'm not in the know with how the process works. If it takes this long to approve/they're waiting or content of a similar nature to group it with for their sales, ect.

• It's all been approved and just waiting for a release date. smiley

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    gdijedi7 said:

Check Ranman38 at Rendo. He has great, accurate WWII armor, turrets rotate, guns elevate, tracks rotate.
    Some even have interiors.

•  Cybertenko has the Tommy Atkins British Army uniform on Renderosity