* closed* RRRR The're ba....ack! Render contest

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,944

Lots of fun images here!

I'm not going to be able to bring Muck back this session. My father-in-law died this afternoon (It was not unexpected, as he was 97 and has been in hospice.) I will be flying across country tomorrow. My husband has been there for a couple days already. I won't be back until after this RRRR is over. I should be back in time to vote and send my sponsor GCs out, though, hopefully.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,736
    barbult said:

Lots of fun images here!

I'm not going to be able to bring Muck back this session. My father-in-law died this afternoon (It was not unexpected, as he was 97 and has been in hospice.) I will be flying across country tomorrow. My husband has been there for a couple days already. I won't be back until after this RRRR is over. I should be back in time to vote and send my sponsor GCs out, though, hopefully.

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. We will miss you (and hope Muck will return in another contest.)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,869

Sorry to hear that barbult,I know Muck and friends will get more chances to reappear!

Pull #8

Baroque Grandeur Iray Addon
    Charger Horse 
    DMs Druid Valley
    Chinese Pond Heron
    Castle Hallway (LB)
    Medieval Fantasy Accessories for Genesis 3 Female(s) (LB)
    Real Emotions for DAZ Studio 4 (LB)
    Order of Steel (LB) 

luci45 said:

Pull #8

Charger Horse 
    DMs Druid Valley
    Chinese Pond Heron
    Castle Hallway (LB)
    Order of Steel (LB) 

That's a mouthful and a half of environments

edited October 2017

Tag: Totte#6 

Totte said:

#4431 Pond Builder - Expansion 1 (#19921)
    #3517 Male Model Textures for Michael 6 (#18815)
    #4460 Post-Nuke for Xena's Urban Warrior for M4 (Rendo)
    #1958 Everyday Display Cases (#19828)
    LB 1:#3115 Kaylee for V4 and V5 (#14467)
    LB 2:#3565 Maxi Skirt Outfit and Purse for Genesis 2 Female(s)(#20078)
    LB 3:#2694 Headsets Pack #2: "NIGHT PREDATORS” (Rendo)
    LB 4:#3069 Juggling Act for V4 (#13207)

Also used:
    M4 + Jepe’s Kenny + M4 Urban Warrior  + DP Performer Poses
    V4 + DP Performer Poses + Alpha Scalp + Val Grenades + DP Performer Poses
    Big Tent + Big Tent Interior + Drive In (Ground)
    Iray Real Light
    Torch
    Kyle For M7 + Construction Worker + Bone Splitter 
    G2M + Finley Hair + Parkour Wear
    IG Iray Monique 6 +  Big Afro + Midway Internal [Wheel of (un)fortune]
    M4 + Jepes Olive Dax + Fireball + FM Crossbow
    FM Road to hell (spikes)

Shaders used:
    Human Shader
    UHT2 Hair Salon

Circus Adrenalino

Bob the chainsaw juggling carpenter took a career switch from construction worker to a circus performer with Circus Adrenalino. The crowd scream in fear every evening.

thecircus.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 583K
    Post edited by Totte on

Totte #6 Wow, awesome! Funny, scary and a great render!

Totte said:

That's a mouthful and a half of environments

Yes, I am struggling ...

Thanks Luci!! 

And for struggling - been there done that ;-)

Pull #7

#5537 Steam House (#17169)
    #2230 FWSA Oscar HD for Lucian 7 (#34343)
    #5903 The Forgotten Refuge (#12853)
    #355 Army Boots for Michael 4 (#8646)
    LB #1: #324 Apple Hair for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s) (#21768)
    LB #2: #4757 Retro Party Wear Textures (#16317)
    LB #3: #5769 Tavern Maid (#13786)
    LB #4: #2449 Genesis Musicians Acoustic Guitarists (#17777)

Random numbers generated Oct 19 2017 at 21:33:12 by www.psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

edited October 2017

tag: luci45 #8
    The All New Human Museum
    Big 'Pete' Petral purchased the Time Museum and in 2031 and promptly turned it into an extension of his sucessful Human Museum. Revenues doubled due to the large population of sentient animals' insatiable curiosity about the formerly dominent species. Displays were sometimes unruly when the timewarp self-activated.

Used:
    Charger Horse 
    DMs Druid Valley
    Chinese Pond Heron
    Castle Hallway (LB)
    Order of Steel (LB) 

Also Used:
    The Library lights
    Seabirds
    Birds of Legend
    Wicked Lace Dress
    Puffy Sleeve Dress
    Pink Ink capris
    Sculptural Genesis
    Shattered
    Dark Storm
    Kyle Hair
    Treescapes
    Elebeast
    Summerwear
    Poison Dart Frog
    Tribal Spellcaster

human museum 2.jpg
    2000 x 1200 - 729K
    Post edited by luci45 on

@luci45 #8: great to see the Museum again, nice place!

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306

@Totte and @Luci45 - Impressive! I'll have to put the Circus and the Museum on my to-visit list for my next intergalactic time traveling adventure.

edited October 2017

Tag: Chameo #4

Title: Gonna Be Mom When I Grow Up

After a long day of filming, salsa starlet Lola just wants to fall into bed - but sleep will have to wait until little Lana and Daddy put on a special show just for Mommy.

Used:

Jade for The Kids 4
    Latin Stage
    Navy Blues for Grantham Hall Suit
    Private Art Deco Cinema

Also Used:

4rs-just like mom.png
    1842 x 913 - 2M
    Post edited by Chameo on

Tag: Chameo Pull #05

Sea Scapes
    Curiosities - Paneled Mirror
    Mini Haven Interior Vignette DS
    Mosquito Flyer StudioCF
    Generic Sci Fi Corridor

I accidentally pulled an extra item, and decided to just go with it. This is going to be... interesting.

Thanks, Chameo and Totte.
    Chameo #4 LOL, I can rember my daughter doing that, only it was singing. 

Pull #9

The Ballroom Exp 1 
    Pronghorn Antelope
    Props Pack - Fun in the Sun Props
    Tertius
    Le Palais -- Ameublements (LB)
    Cargo Units 2 (LB)
    RealMike Expressions for Genesis 3 Male and Michael 7 (LB)
    Vintage Vignette (LB)

edited October 2017

Tag: Chameo 05

Title: Making Themselves at Home

Jaelyn returned from her last perimeter run to find that her rescued refugees had hit the cargo hold and made themselves comfortable in the landing bay. She had to admit, it did look a lot cozier.

Used

Also Used:

Edited because I'm an idiot and totally uploaded the wrong file! Something stopped me from posting it to the entries thread...

4rs-chameo4-85.png
    1842 x 913 - 3M
    rrrr-chameo-5-right-at-home.png
    1842 x 913 - 2M
    Post edited by Chameo on
    edited October 2017

Chameo:#5: Love it, got some cosy Firefly all over it!

Post edited by Totte on

Tag: Chameo Pull 06:

Everyday 1950 for Genesis Female
    Parkside High Hallways DS
    Mood Lights
    Chace Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Hm... looks like one for Halloween fun...

edited October 2017

tag: luci45 #9
    Lifesyles of the Very Fabulously Wealthy
    In his youth Lord Biddle briefly hosted the American TV show Lifesyles of the Very Fabulously Wealthy. His tenure ended abrubtly when multi-billionare Ronald Tolp realized that Biddle's amusement and comments about the "sheer volume of gold" in his decor were not complementary and roughly removed him from his home in mid-tour.

Used:
    The Ballroom Exp 1 
    Pronghorn Antelope
    Props Pack - Fun in the Sun Props
    Tertius
    Le Palais - Ameublements (LB)
    Cargo Units 2 (LB)
    RealMike Expressions for Genesis 3 Male and Michael 7 (LB)
    Vintage Vignette (LB)

Also Used:
    Rigged Water Iray 2
    Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray
    Elaborate Metals Iray Shaders
    Splendor for Fairytale Prince
    Fairytale Prince for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    Beorn for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    Mathew Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Mec4D Unshaven 2 for Genesis 3 Male(s)

lord biddle 3.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 1M
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,108
    edited October 2017

gopherus #2

Bucket List 
    Pier View 
    Fiora Hair
    Uptown Bundle 
    Marissa for K4    (LB)

Eric would like to thank WilmaP for his leathers. and Frankie would like to thank her for his swimwear.

Back to the Beach Party

Frankie and Annette have decided to give the beach party one more try.  While Frankie is running to catch his first wave in years, Eric Von Zipper has grabbed Annette.  Will Frankie hock his board to ransom Annette?  Or will he dump her and take up with Gidget and be her Moondoggie?  Will Eric swap Annette for Clint s orangutan Clyde?  Inquiring minds want to know! 

beach party2.jpg
    1111 x 1481 - 2M
    Post edited by Gopherus on
    edited October 2017

pull #3

Panthers 
    Mellany Hair 
    LB's Jungle Mist
    Dream Home Pantry 
    Curious Extravaganza 1 (LB)

@Barbult #1  Beautiful one!  and with an abacus she doesn t have to  worry about power failure out on the farm.

@Dreamfarmer #1  A world a-kilter!  Very moody.  Nice one!
    #2  A classic christmas waiting for the arrival of  the  children!  a real period piece!
    @ken #3  I guess on pirate day planck s constant applies to the frequency of the retort!  When dining with my relatives this is a common  occurence.  Love the ghost town ambiance!
    #4 the prince better check that billy crystal isn t around to bring smaug back to life a 2nd time. it s a good thing that the prince doesn t have 6 fingers.
    @luci #4  Sometimes the continuum does need an  adjustment no matter how compelling  the  experience is.   well done!
    #5  I wonder if balea s making him a nightingale is a comment on his conversation abilities.... it will certainly improve his voice. 
    #6  I believe that simians have been singled out for uplift in the startide rising epic.  so he need only wait for their appearance.
    #7  they should be paying tippi for all the guano she generates wherever she goes.  at least the cleanup will pay for itself.  so many birds... so little time!
    #8  i bet the sentient animals are wondering how the humans got to be considered sentient in the first place... surely the definition has since then become much more restrictive.  good one!
    #9  Lovely... and i m sure that he ll never leave show biz... he such a showman! 
    @totte #3  Throw a pickle in a treasure beast and see who follows it in!  good one!
    #4  I wonder if ABBA had anything to do with the lyrics that the  waterloo orchestra broght to the ballet.  certainly it appears very well choreographed. 
    #5  I wonder if JPL in pasadena will host the robot games this year?  the competition will certainly be stiff.  so they better get their practice in.  well done!
    #6  the adrenaline is certainly running in the audience.  but the impending disaster still draws them in.  now if he could add in watermelons and slice them in mid air....
    @3dcheapskate #1WIP  As the only tiki restaurant on the  steppes it was only a matter of time before genghis showed up for looking for a coconut smoothie.
    @chameo #3  and from the smiles on her pets faces she can rate the different spores activity. 
    #4  i ve seen this in real life also.   a couple 9 year olds performing on concrete foundation of a former house overlooking the beach.  good one!
    #5  the kitchen and  dining room always draws the friendliest people.  and it does feel like  firefly.

Curious Extravaganza 1.png
    700 x 464 - 412K
    Lisa B Jungle Mist.png
    694 x 469 - 421K
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,034

Enjoying all the entries, but these especially I'm enjoying:

greys #01 - Vigil
    ethereal and lovely, while telling a story.  nicely done!

luci45 #1 - Ulfnaar Returns?
    wow... really like the depth and layers on this one. excellent example of how to juggle lots and lots of elements but not feel the composition is cluttered.  Excellent composition work!

Chameo #01 - A Halloween Carol
    This is very high concept and maybe a TV sitcom as well.  The render is excellent, detailed and well thought out.  Terrific.

Morana#01 - It's Only September!
    Mean girls with a Holiday twist.  Fun.  Inventive.  the poses are very well done to convey attitude.  

Gopherus #2 - Back to the Beach Party
    Fun, a tangled story in a good way, and I totally love that non-sequitur Geisha baby playing in the sand.

Totte#6 - Circus Adrenalino
    Like the color, fun, and general wackiness (as always).  great way to juggle lots of artistic elements (nudge nudge wink wink)

obanion#01  The Return of the 'Repo Man'
    Echoes of Barbra Eden, for sure.   I loke the colors and moodiness.  the materialing effect is nicely done.

Thanks bohemian3, it was fun to make. The colors is really the tent plus some torches which caused this really nice look. Many items can come out so different depending on how you use them. And for the juggling, yeah, I pulled a juggler, and what could be better than to bring Bob back from 2014 with his chainsaws. 

thanks for your comments Bohemian3.  despite all the drama unfolding around her, the kid is totally unimpressed, and intent on her own world.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    Okay, sports fans, once again, I need a little help. I need a shawl, or a scarf, that wraps around a figure's face. The figure in question is Genesis 3 Male. Any suggestions? Or should I just suck it up and fire up Blender...?
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,944
    Okay, sports fans, once again, I need a little help. I need a shawl, or a scarf, that wraps around a figure's face. The figure in question is Genesis 3 Male. Any suggestions? Or should I just suck it up and fire up Blender...?

Maybe you could autofit this Genesis 2 scarf

dmsuit_popup_3.daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 338K
    edited October 2017

you  mean like a cowboy riding drag on  the herd?

https://www.daz3d.com/western-outlaw-for-genesis-2-male-s

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 7.07.03 PM.png
    557 x 695 - 639K

Ken OBanion said:

Here's a couple more. Parched is for G3F but converts OK, just a little big on top because it fits over goggles.

SG HeadDresses for Genesis  
    Aftermath Parched for Genesis 3 Female(s) 

edited October 2017

Gopherus #3

Panthers 
    Mellany Hair 
    LB's Jungle Mist
    Dream Home Pantry 
    Curious Extravaganza 1 (LB)

Arnold and the  boys would like to thank Chohole for her 18 Century textures

They're Bach

Every time Giselle threw a costume party Arnold would RSVP "I'll be Bach."  So she decided to pull a joke on him.  On every invite she sent out she specified what costume they would come in.  And on every one she told them to come as JS Bach.  When they all arrived they were put out that they all had the same costume.  Arnold lamented, "From now on everyone will refer to us as the Baby Bach Blues Boy Band with Bones and Bagheera!  We'll never live it down!!"

bach1b.jpg
    1111 x 1481 - 2M
    edited October 2017
    Gopherus said:

#4  I wonder if ABBA had anything to do with the lyrics that the  waterloo orchestra broght to the ballet.  certainly it appears very well choreographed. 

Hello Gopherus,

It's even more complicated. It was a British columnist in the late 80s, who wrote an article in a Swedish paper about Swedes and thier obsessions with the loo in the European Song Contest . First we have ABBA in 1973, with Waterloo. Then, 1984-ish, we had The Herrey Brothers with Digiloo, and a couple of years later there was a third song, called Bogaloo.

Gopherus #3: Hillarious! (but Chohole is a she)

Post edited by Totte on