Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    Here's a couple I've been messing around with

Cool! Where did you get the model of Split Rock Lighthouse? It's on Lake Superior's north shore in Minnesota, and is perhaps one of the most photographed light houses in the world, due to it's dramatic position on a high, sheer, cliff.

I don't even know where that is.. lol

Got it here at Daz

http://www.daz3d.com/parkside-point

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

Cool! Where did you get the model of Split Rock Lighthouse? It's on Lake Superior's north shore in Minnesota, and is perhaps one of the most photographed light houses in the world, due to it's dramatic position on a high, sheer, cliff.

I don't even know where that is.. lol

Got it here at Daz

http://www.daz3d.com/parkside-point

It's here.

Here's an image I found online. I do have some, but they're on film and not scanned into the computer.

split-rock-lighthouse-from-a-distance.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 416K
    edited December 1969

cool.. some inspiration to recreate this scene.. a nice challenge :)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited October 2013

whoops was going to add my first animation ever, which was for the bouncing ball challenge, but can't figure out how to do it... :)

Post edited by Jonstark on
  • GrokDDGrokDD Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Spaceland,
    Bam! That's more like it! I much prefer the contrast and color in the second version.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Here's an image I found online. I do have some, but they're on film and not scanned into the computer.

That imagine ought not to be too difficult to translate into a Carrara scene.

• Max TurladMax Turlad Posts: 84
    edited October 2013

Hi,

my little work. A mix between a frame from a live recording and Carrara. I know this is a small thing compared to your work, but I'm "young" and I have to learn a lot more. A small curiosity, the shader I used has a texture map of "Carrara Marble" :-) (Carrara in Italy is a city famous for its precious marbles).
    Ciao, Max.

FontanaMori.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Max Turlad on
  • SpacelandSpaceland Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

sbilf said:
    Hi,

my little work. A mix between a frame from a live recording and Carrara. I know this is a small thing compared to your work, but I'm "young" and I have to learn a lot more. A small curiosity, the shader I used has a texture map of "Carrara Marble" :-) (Carrara in Italy is a city famous for its precious marbles).
    Ciao, Max.

nice compositing. You are new but showing talented work.

edited December 1969

Thank you Spaceland,

Denis, but you seem to be not just a novice! ;-) :-)

Ciao, Max.

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Another 3DCoat - Carrara and a pinch of ArtRage...

HitchGreen80.png
    755 x 972 - 492K
    edited December 1969

Wow Stu, another awesome render, you completely blow me away with how talented you are! Looks like Alfred Hitchcock?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Another 3DCoat - Carrara and a pinch of ArtRage...

Good evening - to night we have ....................

edited December 1969

Wow Stu that is a very amazing render, I like the look.

What would be today suspense...

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Spaceland said:
    Wow Stu that is a very amazing render, I like the look.

What would be today suspense...

wonderous :)

edited December 1969

A while ago I showed the underpainting to this work I cartooned initially in Carrara. Acrylic on linen, 120 by 80 cm.
    So far it's made it into one traditional magazine and an online magazine. The show opens on Saturday so if you are in town pop in and say hello :) I will be the guy with the red rose between his teeth.... Thanks for looking.

poster3.jpg
    1196 x 1453 - 305K
    PA070023_02.jpg
    2000 x 1484 - 685K
    VandalsAtTheGates.jpg
    1251 x 882 - 464K
    edited December 1969

love your work head wax

I've been stalking... ummm... I mean following your progress on FB enjoying every minute of it. :coolsmile:

edited October 2013

Stezza said:
    love your work head wax

I've been stalking... ummm... I mean following your progress on FB enjoying every minute of it. :coolsmile:

Ha ha :) Thanks Stezza, It's my job to talk myself up, I tried getting other people to do it but they only wanted to talk themselves up! Ha! Humans! All the same :)

You know they sacked our Art Gallery Director - well they couldn't sack him, so they made his job redundant and I think they are amalgamating it with the sanitation dept .....

If there's a God he/she is looking the other way at the moment. Maybe looking towards The Gong?

The Title of the painting shouldabeen "Vandals Past The Gates"...

cheese from here.

thanks for your Kindness too!

Post edited by Headwax on
  • cyborgty_074ff6c243cyborgty_074ff6c243 Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

There are a lot of nice renders here. I usually go 'Wow' when I see Stu's 3D Coat models.
    Here's a link to a simple animation I did for CarraraTors bouncing balls weekly challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeDe7S1ienA

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Fall 2 & 3Outstanding!
    The Japanese Maples and that killer Pine specimen are simply breathtaking to me, brought to full believability through the forest backdrop with very natural looking colors and textures. Another cool thing that really caught my eye is the shadow softness from the hero. Out walking my super cool dog, I've been really focusing on exactly how soft shadows are. And you have it nailed. That's exactly how they look to me - just so.
    3DCoat....8.1.
    My Goodness, Man! Amazing as always! Whew! You Go Stu! I'll never tire of your art!
    This is a render that I am working to get a certain photorealistic feel. I am working with lights and indirect lighting.Very interesting stuff. I have a similar project going, but in cubes.
    These are all straight Carrara renders with no cropping or other post work. Each cube has six differently textured faces - so you can rotate them around to switch stone patterns. I haven't tested printing it yet, but it should come out to 28mm per walkable square.
    Doc6.jpg
    2000 x 1556 - 1M
    Doc5.jpg
    2000 x 1556 - 2M
    Doc1.jpg
    2000 x 1556 - 2M
    Base5x8.jpg
    2000 x 1556 - 2M
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    * I played a bit with shader layers, velvet style, displacement...
    * And now: Red Velvet…
    Very nice shader work. Looks great!
    Grimmvald said:
    in the mood to try out PhilW's Protrait Studio. VERY nice setup. Some learning curve but then fun to use.I agree. Very nice, flexible, powerful portrait render setup. Phil did an amazing job with this product. I really need to play with that some more.
    Grimmvald said:
    What Dark Lord wouldn't like to get a whimsical card from one of his evil minions?Absolutely! Very Cool! What a blast!

GrokDD said:
    "Winter Retreat"
    You also caught her at a good bit of timing. I really like her transitional expression. Makes it hard for me to tell. just from this shot, whether she's a super-tough warrior, or if she's really got to evade fights to avoid getting overpowered. Very nicely done. I can see breath-fog being tough on her. Too much on her HDRI-lit skin would just look wrong, and any less wouldn't make a good effect. Looks fantastic.

Michael 5 Heroic, Carrara 8.5 Pro, HDRI, Sub-Surface-Scatting, Indirect Lighting, Global Illumination.Looks great, as always, Ringo. Michael 5 sure is a great figure, isn't he? These shaders look excellent!

ncamp said:
    First attempt at V6 in Carrara. HDR lighting from the new set and Carrara hair.

ncamp

I like that HDRI setup, don't you? Got your shadow catcher in there... Very nice, ncamp. And as if V5 and all of her sisters weren't great enough, Victoria 6 is just nice, isn't she? I love the organization of the morphs layout and her shape is just awesome. Now to build my heroine over again... totally gotta!
    Very nice, Stezza. Didn't you make that dog in Carrara, or am I thinking of someone else?
    The job you've done with the lighting and view toward the sun in the lighthouse shot is very cool. The seagulls are a nice touch!
    It's here. Here's an image I found online. I do have some, but they're on film and not scanned into the computer.
    Wow. Let's go there next... wanna?
    Hi, my little work. A mix between a frame from a live recording and Carrara. I know this is a small thing compared to your work, but I'm "young" and I have to learn a lot more. A small curiosity, the shader I used has a texture map of "Carrara Marble" :-) (Carrara in Italy is a city famous for its precious marbles).
    Ciao, Max.Nice work, Son! Poor guy... stuck blowing water all the time... Oh woe is he ;)
    Another 3DCoat - Carrara and a pinch of ArtRage...Gasp... So very good = you!
    :) I will be the guy with the red rose between his teeth.... Thanks for looking.
    Speaking of really freaking good... yikes, man!
    Before I saw the "Nightmares" word in the final image, I was immediately reminded of a book on Demons that my brother used to read to me. The images were like this, kinda, and just freaked me out... gave me Nightmares! But I loved it anyways. The stories were great...but the images were something else.... love that scary illustration stuff... always have.
    edited December 1969

Nice work, Son! Poor guy... stuck blowing water all the time... Oh woe is he ;)

Thank you Dad, and I can't tell where the water enters. Really, poor guy :lol:

Ciao, Max.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Stezza said:
    love your work head wax

Ha ha :) Thanks Stezza, It's my job to talk myself up, I tried getting other people to do it but they only wanted to talk themselves up! Ha! Humans! All the same :)

You know they sacked our Art Gallery Director - well they couldn't sack him, so they made his job redundant and I think they are amalgamating it with the sanitation dept .....

If there's a God he/she is looking the other way at the moment. Maybe looking towards The Gong?

The Title of the painting shouldabeen "Vandals Past The Gates"...

cheese from here.

thanks for your Kindness too!

good luck with the showing !

edited December 1969

This is my current WIP at the moment.

Planet Earth, started from scratch.

2013_Earth_Car.jpg
    600 x 600 - 37K
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Spaceland said:

Looking good spaceland, what plans do you have for the model out of interest?

edited October 2013

I've been impressed with how many participants are cranking out animations over at Carrarators for the bouncing ball challenge, anyone who hasn't had a peek yet should take a look at the entries so far:

http://carrarators.lefora.com/topic/22/Bouncing-Balls-Competition-Entries-Here#.Ulp1Aj_hdAc

My first ever animation is there, bouncing away :)

But I just finished rendering my second animation clip ever, of a starfighter overflying an ocean. I don't know how t post it here, but here's a link to it:

http://dai.ly/x15ul1q

Post edited by Jonstark on
    edited December 1969

Spaceland said:

Looking good spaceland, what plans do you have for the model out of interest?

Don't know yet, I am testing a setup where I want to create my own planet with my own textures.

Will see, thanks

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Fall 2 & 3Outstanding!
    The Japanese Maples and that killer Pine specimen are simply breathtaking to me, brought to full believability through the forest backdrop with very natural looking colors and textures. Another cool thing that really caught my eye is the shadow softness from the hero. Out walking my super cool dog, I've been really focusing on exactly how soft shadows are. And you have it nailed. That's exactly how they look to me - just so.
    3DCoat....8.1.
    My Goodness, Man! Amazing as always! Whew! You Go Stu! I'll never tire of your art!
    This is a render that I am working to get a certain photorealistic feel. I am working with lights and indirect lighting.
    Very interesting stuff. I have a similar project going, but in cubes.
    These are all straight Carrara renders with no cropping or other post work. Each cube has six differently textured faces - so you can rotate them around to switch stone patterns. I haven't tested printing it yet, but it should come out to 28mm per walkable square.

I really like that, the cube shader is amazing. nice rendering.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    But I just finished rendering my second animation clip ever, of a starfighter overflying an ocean. I don't know how t post it here, but here's a link to it:

That's pretty darn good Jon! I've never dug deeply into decent animation yet with either Carrara or LightWave. But I enjoy seeing what others create with it.

edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    I've been impressed with how many participants are cranking out animations over at Carrarators for the bouncing ball challenge, anyone who hasn't had a peek yet should take a look at the entries so far:

http://carrarators.lefora.com/topic/22/Bouncing-Balls-Competition-Entries-Here#.Ulp1Aj_hdAc

My first ever animation is there, bouncing away :)

I like that, very great start.

As I was looking at it I find that the ship should move a little bit faster and maybe add some water effect??? Because of the ship speed.

Anyway, just ideas, I am not into animation, I am more on modeling and rendering, shaders.

so hope to see updates :-)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Spaceland said:

Looks great! The only thing I would fix is the highlight of the sun. If it's on the atmosphere layer, just turn the highlight and shininess off. It's a surface effect, so theoretically it shouldn't effect the rest of the shader.

If it's on the planet surface, you could use a map in the highlight channel to define the water and land areas, so the water would have the highlight and the land wouldn't.