Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• SpacelandSpaceland Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

Yes Evil, good thing its only a wip ;)

good advice, thanks

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited October 2013

Well not much more than wips i done the alien in sculptris and rendered in carrara 7 standard shaders and eyes also.
    Did attempt to rig the model but that didnt go well, seems i thought you could wieght paint in c7 standard but i could be wrong.

Also an attempt at using image sequences for animated shaders in carrara7 as in the aiko vid.
    Pretty much i exclusively do all renders in carrara 90% of time with 7% being various versions of bryce and 1% in daz studio any of the versions i have.

http://youtu.be/eXVJHLYaEmM

13_08_13.png
    640 x 1280 - 326K
    10_03_13_big_head_alien.png
    480 x 640 - 136K
    Post edited by A3DLover on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

If you have the bone tool, then you should also have the weight painting tools. I had it in C5 standard.

With your skeleton attached, select the model and go into the vertex room. Select the Animation mode, and then the weight paint tool, it's an icon that looks like a paint brush. With the tool selected, and a bone, the model should look bright yellow where the bone has the most influence and gradually turning gray where there is no influence.

Picture_4.png
    503 x 382 - 72K
    Picture_2.png
    147 x 76 - 7K
    Picture_1.png
    249 x 216 - 19K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

A3DLover said:
    Well not much more than wips i done the alien in sculptris and rendered in carrara 7 standard shaders and eyes also.
    Did attempt to rig the model but that didnt go well, seems i thought you could wieght paint in c7 standard but i could be wrong.

Also an attempt at using image sequences for animated shaders in carrara7 as in the aiko vid.
    Pretty much i exclusively do all renders in carrara 90% of time with 7% being various versions of bryce and 1% in daz studio any of the versions i have.

Very cool little alien dude!
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited October 2013

If you have the bone tool, then you should also have the weight painting tools. I had it in C5 standard.

With your skeleton attached, select the model and go into the vertex room. Select the Animation mode, and then the weight paint tool, it's an icon that looks like a paint brush. With the tool selected, and a bone, the model should look bright yellow where the bone has the most influence and gradually turning gray where there is no influence.
    Whoa i never noticed that brush before lol, Thanks.

Did attempt to rig the model but that didnt go well, seems i thought you could wieght paint in c7 standard but i could be wrong. Also an attempt at using image sequences for animated shaders in carrara7 as in the aiko vid.
    Pretty much i exclusively do all renders in carrara 90% of time with 7% being various versions of bryce and 1% in daz studio any of the versions i have. http://youtu.be/eXVJHLYaEmM
    Very cool little alien dude!

Thanks i thought he looked alien too.

Obviously Sculptris was intended to get you to buy Zbrush but that app isnt in my budget plus its not really hobbyist tool.

BTW is it a forum bug when you use the quote button then hit post the page then goes to "Dash Panel?

Post edited by A3DLover on
  • ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

The Girl 6 render in Carrara 8.5 Pro.

TheGirl612.jpg
    800 x 897 - 474K
  • EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

The Girl 6 render in Carrara 8.5 Pro.

Thumbs up!
  • ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Here is another version of The Girl 6.

TheGirl614.jpg
    800 x 897 - 397K
  • NoneNone Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My little image for Halloween :)

Halloween.jpg
    1024 x 1280 - 496K
    edited November 2013

Effelbert said:
    My little image for Halloween :)

Very creepy! Nice textures!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Superb characters!
    I love the coldness of their glances…

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

thanks Dart and Bigh for the well wishes,
    the show went magnificently :)

edited December 1969

A3DLover said:

crazy looking fellow, youve done a superb job with this one :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

Upgrading!..

I posted this image in the PC thread as well.. :coolhmm:

Snail_Home.jpg
    800 x 600 - 548K
    edited December 1969

Ha ha! Classic Stezza, love the concept and the lighting and the composition and the expression and the pose I'm giving this 10 new snail shells . It made me laugh out loud when I first saw it :)

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited October 2013

hi!!! I know, I know, one more monster... done in mud, this time.. sculpted in zbrush4, animal and landscape, and rendered in C8pro... rain is added in post!...

fish-mud-light.jpg
    1701 x 977 - 450K
    Post edited by laverdet_943f1f7da1 on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

That looks terrific - great sculpting!

• EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Wow, amazing render! very impressive.

edited December 1969

Wow celmar, amazing monster, and like the rendering.

Rain add to the feeling of this image.

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

The modelling is great but what I love is the dramatic feeling of that picture. It shows you're an illustrator, you add the artistic touch to the technical know-how.

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

thank you for your comments!!!
    the displacement came the good way: I just use the color map, gettint it in greyscale and sharpen it, then use it in the bump channel and in the displacement channel... The initial shape of the animal was a bit exploded, slightly, but it was a good surprise, in fact, the shape was more mud-style, with the displacement...

edited December 1969

Stezza, that's really funny and it looks great. Love the expression!

Celmar, that looks amazing!

edited December 1969

A Halloween inspired render!

headless-horseman.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 472K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

celmar said:
    hi!!! I know, I know, one more monster... done in mud, this time.. sculpted in zbrush4, animal and landscape, and rendered in C8pro... rain is added in post!...
    Ouch! That's truly killer! Very nicely done! Love the render/post as well - the colors and contrast, etc., looks really great!
    Mr. Evil... Rock On! Get that Halloween spirit crankin'!
    ...and how better than to have such a scary thought for a render! Bravo!
    edited October 2013

celmar said:

The more I look at it the more I think it fit with the type of monster in Magic the Gathering. :)

Post edited by Spaceland on
    edited December 1969

well Haloween's nothing to lose your head over :)

celmar, wonderful work!

edited December 1969

Just something I am playing with Sky light and the Aura and the effects of aura. For learning as always.

cube_white_avatar.jpg
    700 x 700 - 39K
    edited October 2013

Another take on my avatar image.

This time I disable my 4 lights in the scene and use Global illumination Sky light. with Gamma Correction.

In the scene section I use bi-gradient in the background

First is the new one, second the 4 lights render.

tiles_spec_2_f.jpg
    700 x 394 - 45K
    tiles_spec_2_g.jpg
    700 x 394 - 37K
    Post edited by Spaceland on
    edited October 2013

They both look nice, but my personal preference is the second one. I like the contrast between light and shadow in that one.

To be completely honest, I'm not really a fan of the 2.2 Gamma trick. It works for some scenes, but in others, it just washes out the image or makes it too uniform.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Celmar - fantastic piece of modelling! The rendering does it proud too.