Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

Thanks EP.. I was going for a more modern eco friendly smoke ;-)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Stezza, yes a superb bit of work. You know at first I thought it was a photograph - then I started to use the logical side of my brain!!!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Stezza, yes a superb bit of work. You know at first I thought it was a photograph - then I started to use the logical side of my brain!!!

I had that side removed as it was underdeveloped anyway. I highly recommend it.

edited December 1969

head wax said:

ha ha :) I leave mine on the mantelpiece mostly so I can show it to my friends ...

edited January 2014

Thanks HeadWax,

I got a package of morphs called 192 Morphs Die Trying http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis

and also some other DAZ products, like Ape World, Homo Erectus, etc.

By using the basic female genesis I have managed to be able to use most of the standard parameter morphs available as provided with the figure and the above mentioned add-ons. Some conflict with each other… but most work if I am careful. EG one time a spike shot out of the top of her head when I moved a slider!

So I can’t recall which custom morph I used to raise the brows that high, AND I am not sure if I’d recognise the name in modelling room animation mode morphs list as its not always the same description as in the Assemble Parameter list for the “actor”.

Are you saying if I can find the particular eyebrow (as in skull brow, not cosmetic brow) morph, I can use the magnet on it??? I am wondering if I used a combination of brow morphs. OK..maybe I will go back to one of my plain models before I over-morphed her head and see if I can pick just one morph and and try the magnet. Never used magnet before. Will have to go to the manual.

Does that help you help me? wink I am a big fan of your art!

xx smile SileneUK

Thanks for the compliment SileneUK :)

With Genesis I am shooting through my hat.

With V4 this is what I'd do.
    I'd attempt to make a new morph channel on the head.
    If I couldn't then I would use Fenric's excellent Unlock plug in which will let you unlock the morph stuff and allow you to make a new morph.
    Then in animation mode (this from memory) I would smooth the brows with a new morph probably using the magnet tool in negative.
    You use animation mode (assuming that is the correct term) because you can see the vertex mesh as ity is with all your morphs that you have applied.
    Then back in the assembly room I would apply the new morphs via the slider.
    I would then use Fenric's Unlock plug in and Lock the mesh again (as he recommends)

Hopefully a work flow like this might work in Genesis - assuming Fenric's plug in works with genesis???

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    head wax said:

ha ha :) I leave mine on the mantelpiece mostly so I can show it to my friends ...

"Oohhh! I didn't know they made them that small!" :gulp:

"It's not the size that matters, but how you use it!" ;-)

edited December 1969

“It’s not the size that matters, but how you use it!” wink

I was once sitting in a bar with a very attractive blonde airlines hostess (or whatever they are called) and heard her recounting a story to an attractive brunette also siting at our table (I was studying eng lit for something to do if ypu wondered why I was surrounded by beautiful women...) and the story went blab blah blah,.... blah...

but the punch line was (blonde woman speaking) "And he said "it's not the size that matters, but how you use it.." And then I said to him , why do men with small d&^&ks; always say that?"

Giggles all around from the girls ....

so be wary if sitting in a bar with an attractive blonde, a brunette and a red head , who are studying eng lit, if you use that phrase!!

edited December 1969

head wax said:

so be wary if sitting in a bar with an attractive blonde, a brunette and a red head , who are studying eng lit, if you use that phrase!!

I'll be the guy with the Priest and the Rabbi for wingmen. :lol:

edited December 1969

A bit more texture and replicator work. So far the scene is pretty light, considering the complexity.

Picture_1.png
    253 x 207 - 17K
    replicator-test-render3.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 3M
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

Come on! Atheists make far better wingmen! :zip: Less judging you later! :lol:

edited December 1969

A bit more texture and replicator work. So far the scene is pretty light, considering the complexity.

This is coming along beautifully! I cannot wait to see the complete work.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:

Yes please...get paid at end of month and will be looking out for it when it's ready for sale!!!

xx :) Silene

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    Garstor said:

Yes please...get paid at end of month and will be looking out for it when it's ready for sale!!!

xx :) SileneDitto!
    Looking great, ep! I really like the mesh changes you've made. Looks really nice!

edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    head wax said:

Come on! Atheists make far better wingmen! :zip: Less judging you later! :lol:

A Priest, an Athiest and a Rabbi walk into a bar... You are right, it could be the start of a great joke!

edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    Garstor said:

xx :) SileneDitto!
    Looking great, ep! I really like the mesh changes you've made. Looks really nice!

No real mesh changes, just threw out the displacement painting and redid the rough spots. The mesh is exactly the same.

Picture_1.png
    707 x 476 - 146K
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    Garstor said:

xx :) Silene

Ditto!

No real mesh changes, just threw out the displacement painting and redid the rough spots. The mesh is exactly the same.

From that angle your basic model looks like a layered toilet seat! (JUST KDDING!!!) ;)

Thanks for posting your WIPs on this..very helpful!

xx :) SileneUK

edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    From that angle your basic model looks like a layered toilet seat! (JUST KDDING!!!) ;)

The toilet seat is where he plans these things out -- so there could be some subconscious influence there... :-P

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

:cheese:
    :roll:
    :ohh:

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

This was for a bit of sculpting/retopo/ Photoshop practice,completely cribbed from somewhere....but where ...?

Slug001_70.jpg
    1274 x 981 - 342K
    edited December 1969

This was for a bit of sculpting/retopo/ Photoshop practice,completely cribbed from somewhere....but where ...?

Looks famiar Stu, but I'm at a loss. Great job as always.

edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    laurenwbr said:

The toilet seat is where he plans these things out -- so there could be some subconscious influence there... :-P

It might have looked better with LW, but then if I could afford that, I'd be contemplating my design on a gold plated toilet with a built in ass-warmer and automated wiping system. ;-P

• KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

As Ive been a neglectful Carrara-ite for quite a while I thought I'd post this recent pic I did testing out some basic Carrara lighting scenes ("Beam" in this case).

I doubled up on the spot light here, and I like the general effect allot but I wonder if anyone can tell me why the light has such a mottled look to it? There is no atmosphere, background / backdrop or Ambient light and no filter/gel over the spots, which are plain white. Perhaps its to do with the render quality? Any ideas?

BR_running_the_gambit1.jpg
    1200 x 714 - 248K
    edited December 1969

It might have looked better with LW, but then if I could afford that, I'd be contemplating my design on a gold plated toilet with a built in ass-warmer and automated wiping system. ;-P

BOOM! Was that meteorite that just landed in my backyard? Nope; just an EP Mock.

edited December 1969

keryna said:
    As Ive been a neglectful Carrara-ite for quite a while I thought I'd post this recent pic I did testing out some basic Carrara lighting scenes ("Beam" in this case).

I doubled up on the spot light here, and I like the general effect allot but I wonder if anyone can tell me why the light has such a mottled look to it? There is no atmosphere, background / backdrop or Ambient light and no filter/gel over the spots, which are plain white. Perhaps its to do with the render quality? Any ideas?

Looks cool!

Maybe you had Turbulence enabled in the light cone's editor? I'd check that. If you want it on, you can adjust the scale downwards. Another idea is to increase the shadow buffer size in the editor if the Turbulence idea doesn't work.

edited December 1969

Working on refining some elements of the scene, such as the up-rooted tree. Also did some work on other tree shapes. I need to still work on the shape of my Birch tree.

dead_tree_test_copy.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 2M
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Old scene but reworking the shaders...

whiskey.png
    600 x 800 - 261K
    edited December 1969

Thats stunning, Holly!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Stu, Kernya, ep, and Holly,
    Excellent stuff! All of you!
    Keep 'em comin!

So Holly, I take it you've reopened this scene to help me to learn my DCG? ;)
    Thanks! :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Evilproducer (re the rhino in lightcone scene), indeed it was turbulence in the light cone. I learned something there.

edited December 1969

keryna said:
    Thanks Evilproducer (re the rhino in lightcone scene), indeed it was turbulence in the light cone. I learned something there.

Glad I could help!

Here's a shot from my scene. I'm working on some scene presets. This one is going to be a misty morning. I have a couple different camera views I still need to check.

There is no postwork except to convert fro Photoshop's format to .jpg for the forum. No GI such as Skyligh or IL either.

cam-3-cloud02.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 1M