Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• IlenaIlena Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Varsel said:
    Just a weather report from my part of the world...

Started with a little bit of rain, 67 mm in 6 hours. Not a record, but enough to create some interesting hours in traffic.
    Then the snow... 15 cm - 0 deg.C. And when we had that cleared from the roads and sidewalks, 15 more cm.

And then back to the rain....

I miss summer !

me too - only 4 more month :P

And when it comes it's boiling time. :-)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

still fall but cold :P

01_fall.jpg
    1200 x 950 - 633K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Beautiful render, bigh. Gorgeous!
    Here's the City of Cam Shen, without a single soul driving or flying around. Tough to capture a shot like this!

SMG-City-of-CamShen.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 293K
    edited December 1969

Here's the City of Cam Shen, without a single soul driving or flying around. Tough to capture a shot like this!

thank you !
    you did good too :coolsmile:

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

"The storm shutters are closed."
    "They still have power..."
    "Atmosphere Processor. Completely self contained- we manufacture those by the way."

Sequence of dialogue is a bit off, and maybe the dialogue is somewhat off as well, but it reminds me of a certain scene from a certain movie!

If you can't guess it my friend, then game over, man! Game over!

edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    bigh said:
    Varsel said:

Started with a little bit of rain, 67 mm in 6 hours. Not a record, but enough to create some interesting hours in traffic.
    Then the snow... 15 cm - 0 deg.C. And when we had that cleared from the roads and sidewalks, 15 more cm.

I miss summer !

I think I would rather have it a little more towards the boiling spectrum at the moment! ;-)

The ambient air temp right now is -10ºF (-23.33ºC) and the windchill is -22ºF (-30º). By the way, the wind is light at 5 Mph (8 kph).

Picture_24.png
    644 x 166 - 28K
    edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    bigh said:
    Varsel said:

I miss summer !

I think I would rather have it a little more towards the boiling spectrum at the moment! ;-)

The ambient air temp right now is -10ºF (-23.33ºC) and the windchill is -22ºF (-30º). By the way, the wind is light at 5 Mph (8 kph).

and it's not even Winter yet :ohh:

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

"The storm shutters are closed."
    "They still have power..."
    "Atmosphere Processor. Completely self contained- we manufacture those by the way."

Hahhaha! Well-played.

I concur, both bigh and Dartanbeck produced some exquisite renders there.

edited December 1969

What do I do when it's freezing cold outside?
    I jam in the bars for a few bucks and free drinks - but most of all, a great time with friends and strangers alike! I love Wisconsin!

Rockin_A.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 473K
    edited December 1969

I jam in the bars for a few bucks and free drinks - but most of all, a great time with friends and strangers alike! I love Wisconsin!

did you say FREE drinks - belly up to the bar :roll:

edited December 1969

Is your movie going all Partridge Family on us, Dart?!? ;-)

Rock on! Swing that Ax Rosie!

edited December 2013

bigh said:

did you say FREE drinks - belly up to the bar :roll:Yes!
    But now I only down a few each night I play. I used to go through six full pitchers of whiskey and coke. I had this huge straw, just for when I played out. Ahhh those younger, dizzy years. I don't miss that at all. Playing sober for those that aren't is MUCH more fun!

Yeah! Partridge Family! Thanks for the idea!
    Rosie's sporting the Millennium Guitar in it's BC Rich shape. I used to own a BC Rich Warlock Bass when I wrote and recorded my one and only (so far) original album - 90 minutes of screaming death metal. The band was "Assassin", which was the product of my buying that bass and writing a bunch of tunes so that I could teach my buddy how to write music with what he had already learned on guitar. I sang, played bass and drums, and he was on guitar. So when we did our few live performances, we used his four track recorder to record the drum tracks. Then I played bass and sang with him on guitar. Fun stuff, and I still love those crazy, heavy songs to this day. He died of stomach cancer. Sucks.
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

did you say FREE drinks - belly up to the bar :roll:Yes!
    But now I only down a few each night I play. I used to go through six full pitchers of whiskey and coke. I had this huge straw, just for when I played out. Ahhh those younger, dizzy years. I don't miss that at all. Playing sober for those that aren't is MUCH more fun!

Yeah! Partridge Family! Thanks for the idea!
    Rosie's sporting the Millennium Guitar in it's BC Rich shape. I used to own a BC Rich Warlock Bass when I wrote and recorded my one and only (so far) original album - 90 minutes of screaming death metal. The band was "Assassin", which was the product of my buying that bass and writing a bunch of tunes so that I could teach my buddy how to write music with what he had already learned on guitar. I sang, played bass and drums, and he was on guitar. So when we did our few live performances, we used his four track recorder to record the drum tracks. Then I played bass and sang with him on guitar. Fun stuff, and I still love those crazy, heavy songs to this day. He died of stomach cancer. Sucks.

That's too bad about your friend. At least you have something original and special to remind you of him, every time you crank up the volume to 11. Then he isn't gone- just away for awhile.

edited December 1969

It really was a major bummer. He was a great big bear of a man, and my arborist (tree service dude), as well as being a close friend.

Speaking earlier about those cool star ships by Philip Drawbridge (drawbridgep in the store), here are some quick renders of the GIS additions I did a while back to the Destroyer, HMS August. The first image shows the GIS Skyway inserted into the nose landing bay. The next two show views of the GIS Terminal mounted into the underbelly, tucked safely up between the heavy power plants.

I tweaked the mesh a little to retrofit the GIS pieces. Since I've done this, I've picked up some more cool stuff that would work great for this sort of thing, like the Parkside Tube Station, for example, as well as some other kits I've been grabbing. Platinum Club certainly offers some amazingly cool products in that 1.99 deal. The smaller space or air craft are both by petipet, and are also 1.99 The other Super-sized star ships in the top image are by Philip Drawbridge: Faiborne on the right, Deep Space Heavy Cruiser on the left. Very cool ships, I think ;)

HMS-GIS_Term_1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 280K
    HMS-GIS_Term_2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 378K
    HMS-GIS_Sky_1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 348K
    edited December 1969

Very nice kit-bashing Dart!

• Max TurladMax Turlad Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Dad!

Very good...Bravo. :-)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Very nice kit-bashing Dart!

I secondo evil et sbilf!

edited December 1969

Thanks guys. But... isn't that what scene creation is in Carrara... kit bashing? Well, at least in my situation where I cannot seem to stop purchasing cool models! lol
    Just recently got some more, that I have yet to optimize...

I have some cool plans for that mosquito! Thing is gorgeous! Imagining it as an enemy's robot helper. Then as an enemy fighter craft, or a micro-sized weapon... it doesn't even need to belong to the enemy, but the havoc that a robotic mosquito, or better yet, swarm of robotic mosquitoes(!) would inflict... just couldn't leave this one sit on the shelf in the store any longer. The petipet stuff... well, who can resist a new petipet model?

mosqumain.jpg
    350 x 455 - 28K
    space_base_th.jpg
    350 x 455 - 45K
    01_aircraftspidi_mainpromo.jpg
    350 x 455 - 30K
    edited December 1969

in the woods

01_AF_wood.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 366K
    edited December 1969

Great render, bigh. The textures on that structure look really cool. Did you have to do much with them? It seems, lately, that a lot of models from DAZ need less tweaking in Carrara's texture room than older products. I still go through them out of habit and curiosity. These look really nice. I like how dark and eerie it looks. Foreboding.

edited December 1969

Great render, bigh. The textures on that structure look really cool. Did you have to do much with them? It seems, lately, that a lot of models from DAZ need less tweaking in Carrara's texture room than older products. I still go through them out of habit and curiosity. These look really nice. I like how dark and eerie it looks. Foreboding.

thank you - no didn't have to do any thing

• sircamillosircamillo Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

"A New World Beyond the Nebula."

Hexagon Model, Carrara 8.5 render. I like doing SiFi images.

A-New-World-beyond-the-Nebula.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 153K
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Very nice! I have often thought about trying to create a spaceship model of some kind. It is hard not to come up with something that won't evoke, "You ripped that idea off from Star Wars." Or Star Trek or whatever other cultural influence we have. Your ship really does strike me as something unique, so well done!

edited December 1969

Very nice work! The background kind of evokes a Babylon 5 feel.

BTW, have you seen this tutorial by Holly, for creating planets? Your planet is just fine, but since you mention that you like to render sci-fi scenes, you may find it cool and useful for future projects!
    http://carraracafe.com/escaping-gravity/

She also has an excellent tutorial on creating a photoreal sun.
    http://carraracafe.com/photoreal-sun/

• sircamillosircamillo Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

"A New World Beyond the Nebula." Hexagon Model, Carrara 8.5 render. I like doing SiFi images.

Very nice work! The background kind of evokes a Babylon 5 feel.

BTW, have you seen this tutorial by Holly, for creating planets? Your planet is just fine, but since you mention that you like to render sci-fi scenes, you may find it cool and useful for future projects!
    http://carraracafe.com/escaping-gravity/

She also has an excellent tutorial on creating a photoreal sun.
    http://carraracafe.com/photoreal-sun/

Yes, I've seen Holly's tutorials. They were very good

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

The most photographed pub in the world! The Ettamogah Pub ;-)

Ettamogah_Pub.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 737K
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    The most photographed pub in the world! The Ettamogah Pub ;-)

cool - pour one mate !

edited December 1969

9 more days till .........

12_1613_C.jpg
    1500 x 950 - 768K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

two days to go....

Christmas2013.jpg
    800 x 600 - 498K